Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Loss ❯ The End? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well, here it is.....Finally, the last chapter!

Chapter 5:The End?


By the time the ambulance arrived I was sobbing uncontrollably. I didn't want to.it was humiliating, with Haruka standing right beside me. She had made attempts to comfort me before, but I hit her. She didn't say anything after that, just looked at me. She didn't seem to be paying any attention to the corpse lying on the bench. I was completely focused on her. How could she be dead? I love her.but my love was evidentially not enough to tie her to this world. Haruka and her stupid car could kill her all the same. The ambulance arrived and took Yuriko away. I went into the ambulance with her, and Haruka followed.

"Get out," I snarled, wiping away my tears. "What makes you think you have a right to be here?"

"This is my fault." Haruka breathed. "I'm a murderer, and I have to own up to it."

"Just go away. Go rot in hell or something."

"I'm just really glad." She said as the ambulance took off, "That it was her I hit instead of you."

I stared at she. What? Had? She? Just? Said? "I'm going to kill you!" I screamed, and lunged at her.

"Michiru!" She pinned me to her chest. I couldn't get away. She's so much stronger then me. "Calm down. It's okay."

I hit her in the eye with my elbow. "How can you say that?!? You wanted to kill her!? I HATE YOU! Oh god.how could you.?"

"I didn't want to kill her!" She shouted. "I never wanted to hurt anyone, Michiru, least of all you. And I've hurt you a lot, I can see that. All I'm saying is, I'm just happy I didn't hit you too."

"I almost wish you had. Theres no reason for me to live anymore."

"Yes there is!" Haruka said, in a strange, breathless voice. "I know you love your girlfriend there, but you had a life before her, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but it was meaningless. Just stupid violins and school and things."

"I was in your life." She whispered. I pretended not to hear her. We were silent for a bit, and the ambulance came to a stop. The driver unloaded Yuriko, and we climbed out of the back.

I have killed a person. Haruka thought. I have actually taken a life. Somehow she hadn't thought about it before. All she'd thought of was Michiru, and what she'd done to her. But what about Yurko? She was dead now, because she hadn't been paying attention to the road. She'd been distracted, but that was no excuse. Haruka and Michiru had had a fight, that's what she was thinking about. How to get her back. Ever since the fight, their whole relationship had went to hell.

Then, Michiru met Yuriko. All hope faded away, but Haruka still followed her around. They were friends on occasion, but at other times, Michiru would stop talking to her all together. Haruka didn't know why, and didn't really want to know.

She'd been thinking about these events when she plowed into Yuriko. She wondered if Michiru had found someone who appreciated her.

Then she heard a horrible sound. An evil, crunching sound, and she knew what had happened. She got out of the car, and saw the full extent of what she'd done.

Haruka and I had been sitting in the waiting room for the last hour or so. I looked at her, and I could see how miserable she was, but I didn't care. She didn't deserve pity. Maybe she felt guilty, but that didn't change anything. Sorry Haru-chan, but you cant do a thing.

The doctor called us in. "Were you two with Yuriko Saganawa?"

I nodded steadily. Please.please.let her be okay.just say my darling is okay.

"I'm very sorry to have to tell you this, but she did not make it. She's dead."

"No, no, that's not true." I said, my voice rising. "She's not dead! This is just some stupid joke.she's alive, I know she is!" I shoved past him, towards my Yuriko. I knew she was dead, I'd already figured that out, but I needed to believe she wasn't.

"Ma'am, please come back!" The meek doctor yelled, but I paid him no mind. Haruka pushed past him too, following me. I didn't care.

"Yuriko!" I yelled, running into the emergency room. People looked at me like I was crazy, but I still didn't care. "Yuriko!" I saw the body shaped lump that was Yuriko, under a sheet, lying on the pallet. I knew it was her, I knew the exact shape of her body. I lifted the sheet and I was right, it was her. "C'mon sweetie, get up now. Wake up." I shook her gently. "Yuriko? Come on. Get up."

Haruka walked in, and put her hand on my shoulder. "She's dead. Look at that life-support machine. Nothing."

"It must be broken."

"I'm sorry." She said gently. "You've got to accept this. I know you love her, but she's dead, okay? She's dead, and she's not coming back."

"Your right, she is dead. And it's all your fault."

Haruka sighed, and flopped into a nearby plastic chair. She buried her hands in her face. "I know. I'm so sorry."

"Michi-chan?" Haruka called. "I'm back."

"." Michiru did not respond.

"Michiru, don't start this again. I'm having a hard time with this too, you know." Haruka said, sounding defeated.

"."

"Oh never mind. I've brought food. Here." She took out his purchases, two cheeseburgers, a mass of French fries, and a liter of soda. She got it all in plates and cups, and then gave Michiru her share.

"I'm not hungry." Michiru sighed.

"I know. But you've got to eat anyway."

"Why? Whats the point."

"Yuriko wouldn't want you to do this." Haruka hadn't wanted to say this, but Michiru hadn't eaten at all since it happened, and had barely had any water. If she kept this up she'd do some serious damage, and this might get her to eat.

"Yuriko." Michiru said, measuring her voice, trying to hide the new tears behind it. "Would want me dead so I could be with her."

"Are you crazy?" haruka said with disgust. "She must've really hated you if that's what she wanted. If she really loved you, she would want you to be alive and happy."

"If she loved me she wouldn't want me to suffer like this!" Michiru screamed. "She wouldn't want me to miss her this much, but I do, so the best thing I can do is die!"

"No, no, that's not true. You're seeing it all wrong. You're right she would not want you to feel all this pain. Eventually you will move on, and that's what she wants. But if you starve yourself to death like you're doing now, you'll never have a chance to get over it."

"How can I get over it? You expect me to just forget her? I can't do that! That's insane, I can never forget.I'm going to feel this forever."

"I'm not saying you should forget, all I'm saying is pain fades with time. But that's not going to happen if you don't do the necessary things to keep yourself alive. You need to eat, Michiru."

"Okay, fine.I will.if it'll get you to shut up." Michiru slowly rose up from the bed, and moved towards the food. She began to eat.

Haruka sighed in relief. "Thank you. You don't know how good that makes me feel."

"Whatever."

They ate in silence for a bit, but both were thinking. Michiru was thinking about how miserable she was, and how much she missed Yuriko. Haruka was thinking about the whole situation to. It occurred to her that she might have to face some other consequences of this. She had killed a person; she might have to go to jail. That was part of the reason they were in the motel, Haruka wanted to be away from the place it had happened, away from anyone who might know what she'd done. Michiru knew, but that didn't count.

The other reason was for Michiru. Haruka knew that she would not be able to face what had happened, and this was a place away. They were both away. Eventually, they had to leave, but neither wanted to. Haruka occasionally mentioned leaving, but she never really meant it.

But someday they would have to.

By this point, Usagi had bought a new ticket to get home. She didn't care how expensive it was, she'd just use her credit card and pay later. She was late already. The other three were arriving at the motel.

"Here we are!" Usagi said, her voice filled with happiness. "I'm gonna sing with Michiru! Yay!"

Rei looked at her cynically.

"I will. I know she's going to say yes. She has to." They walked over to the receptionist. "Hi! We're back! Remember us? We want to go up to Haruka- chan's room."

"Fine." The woman was not in the mood to argue. She really didn't care what they did.

"Right, okay."

"Wonder what happened to her?" Minako muttered.

"Dunno." They walked up the stairs and down the hall. Eventually, they came to their destination. Usagi pounded her fists against the door. A chip of tan paint fluttered to the ground, as it was flaking off anyway.

The door was opened. Haruka quickly tried to slam the door, but they pushed right in.

"I want to talk to Michiru." Usagi said.

"Yeah, she wants to sing with her." Makoto said, not really paying much attention to the situation but instead staring at Haruka.

"No." Haruka said. "I told you already, the singing is canceled.

"But that's not fair!" Usagi whined, sounding like a child.

"Fair or not, Michiru's sick and cant sing." Haruka said gruffly, using the same excuse as she had before.

"Who cares?" Makoto said. "It's just a card game, he should be able to do it." "And you three should be able to go away."

"Hey!" Usagi squeaked, peering into the motel room. "If she's so sick, whats she doing out of bed?" She was looking at Michiru, who was sitting on the floor, staring at a cheeseburger with one bite taken out of it.

"I got her up to eat." Haruka growled. "Is that so wrong?"

"You know, I don't really believe this whole story." Usagi mused. "Like Rei said before, I think she's just putting it off."

"THE BOTH OF US HAVE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DEAL WITH THEN YOU AND YOUR STUPID KAREOKE, USAGI!!!!" Haruka roared. "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER I'M TELLING THE TRUTH OR NOT, ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT MICHIRU IS NOT GOING TO SING WITH YOU, AND YOU ARE GOING TO LEAVE BEFORE I DO SOMETHING WE WILL BOTH REGRET!"

"Um.okay, but.can I talk to Michiru about that? Maybe she-" Usagi got no farther, as Haruka had just punched her hard enough to knock her over.

"YOU WANT MORE OF THAT? KEEP TRYING, THEN! KEEP COMING BACK HERE AND ANNOYING US AND YOU'LL KEEP GETTING HURT! I LOVE MICHIRU, AND I'LL DO ANYTHING I CAN TO KEEP HER HAPPY! SHE CAN'T DEAL WITH YOU NOW, SO GO AWAY, YOU VERMIN!"

"Ohhh.owww." Usagi moaned in pain. She'd been punched in the stomach, and was having a hard time getting up. She vomited suddenly, from the impact.

"God, how pathetic." Haruka muttered. "I barely hit you at all. Anyway, you two. You stupid guys. Take your friend out of here."

Rei and Makoto didn't much appreciate this new title, but they didn't really want to face Haruka's wrath, so Rei lifted Usagi on her back, and they ran away.

Haruka closed the door. She hadn't wanted to do that, but they just wouldn't go away! That Usagi was like a cockroach or something, always there and unwanted. She was worried he might've hurt her a little too badly. Ah well, she'd call her later to see how she was doing. She had more important things to attend to now.

Michiru stood up. "Haruka?"

"Yes?" Haruka looked at her, worriedly.

"I.I think I need to leave now. Goodbye." She lurched past Haruka, and went out the door.

"Michiru, wait! Where are you going? I don't understand.Michiru!" Haruka yelled, but to no avail. Michiru was already gone.

"Michiru." Haruka whimpered, as she sank to the floor. "Please.come back."

Michiru barely understood herself why she'd left. She just knew that she couldn't stay with Haruka anymore. Not after that, not after watching her hurt someone for her sake. It had finally hit her how much Haruka really cared about her. And she couldn't take that. No. Because then she might start to forgive her. And that would be betraying Yuriko, which was something she could never do.

And so she'd had to leave. Other then that, she wasn't too sure what she was doing. Just that whatever it was, Haruka would not be involved. She suddenly realized that she had no money whatsoever. She had no way to leave. Haruka could still find her. She could walk somewhere, but she didn't know the area, she would be lost within minutes.

She decided, despite that, it was her best plan. She had nowhere to go anyway. There were people who would help her, but no one she was willing to face.

Haruka ran out of the motel, in the direction she thought Michiru had gone. She had picked the right direction, because she saw Michiru plodding slowly away.

"Michiru!" She yelled, and ran up to her. "Michiru what are you doing? I mean, yeah its great, your getting out, but where are you going? You had me really worried, you know that?"

"It doesn't matter much." Michiru said. "I'm just.leaving. Don't follow me."

"Why? Whats going on? Did one of those weirdos say something to upset you? Because if they did." Haruka stammered, flailing for words.

"I said it doesn't matter. Listen to me, okay? I'm just leaving. It has nothing to do with them. I'm just going."

"But.no, you cant, Michiru, no! If your going to be behaving like you've been lately, you'll never make it alone! You need me, you know you do.Michiru."

"I don't need you. The only person I need is Yuriko, and I can't have her so I'm just going to have to rely on myself."

"Okay but.where are you going?"

"I don't know."

"Are you going to go back to your mother or something?"

"No. She wouldn't like it." Michiru smiled grimly. "You have no idea how happy she was to get rid of me. So no. I'm not going there."

"Then where?"

"I'll figure something out. Why don't you go back?"

"To the motel?"

"There. Home. Wherever you want. I don't care, Haruka. I never want to see you again, is that clear?"

"Not really.I.I thought that.I know your mad at me but." "Please. Just go."

"Okay.okay.just.just let me give you some money." Haruka produced her wallet. "Here." She took out a few hundred dollars, money from her last paycheck. Michiru would need it more then she did. She knew Michiru didn't have any money, and probably would not return to her job to get any. Michiru took it, though she did not want to. But he took it anyway, because she knew she would need it. She did not thank her.

"Will that be enough for you? I've got some more.I do need it for the motel bill and things, but I'll get paid again. I can take care of that later."

"No, thank you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Goodbye now." She turned and walked away, making sure Haruka couldn't see her face. She was crying again, and she didn't want her to see. Haruka stared at Michiru, openly weeping. How did this all go so wrong? All I ever wanted to do was make her happy. She thought, but didn't let herself lament on it for too long. If she did, she would never be able to stop crying. Michiru was gone. She was walking away from her, refusing to have anything to do with her anymore.

Haruka walked back to the motel, to get her things and go.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Done! I really hope you liked it! Please review if you've just read! Anyways, Ja for now! Sorry for those of you who were expecting them to get together, but I couldn't make it work.

~THE END~

Please R&R!! Tell me what you think of this whole little ficcy ^^