Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Past, New Future ❯ Chapter 3: Mars' Charm ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Lost Past, New Future

Author: Sweetcece

AN: Hey Readers! How'd you like the last chapter? Well sorry this took so long. I had Spring Break, and I was busy with friend stuff. Well here's chapter 3: `Mars' Charm.' Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own anything in the story, but I do own the story. So that means I don't own Sailor Moon….Darn….~_~;

Chapter 3: Mars' Charm

"So let me get this straight; you are the one of the advisers of the royal moon family and your mission is to find the Moon Princess and reawaken her?" Serena asked Luna, back in her room that same night she first was Sailor Moon. Luna nodded. "And how do I fit in all of this?"

"You are one of the guardians of the royal family. You are protected by the moon, and the goddess Selen. Your mission is to assist me and find the Moon Princess. Only when the Princess is reawaken, then this world will be safe from the evil that has come," Luna explained.

Serena tried to soak in the information, but got more confused in the process. "Yeah, well, how about we continue this another time," she yawned, "got school tomorrow," she then looked up at her clock, "make that in about 4 hours." With that said Serena pulled the covers over her head and fell to asleep quickly. Luna curled up at her feet, and went to sleep as well.

~~~

While Serena was getting some sleep, Emerald was defending herself from Prince Diamond. "I'm sorry, your Majesty. I didn't know this planet had anyone protecting it. Next time, I'll be more prepared."

Diamond, not in the mood to argue, let it slide, "alright, Emerald. But do not fail me next time." He then exited to his chamber.

Emerald bowed at his retreating back. "Damn that Sailor Brat. Next time she'll pay," Emerald then disappeared also.

~~~

"Serena….Serena…..MEATBALL HEAD!"

"Hu?" Serena lifted up her head from her desk, in Classical World Lit. Class, "did you say something, Ray?"

"I have been trying to tell you something and-" Ray would have finished, but Serena put her head back down on her desk. "Serena!" Ray whined.

"Five more minutes…." Serena mumbled out.

"Ahh! Whatever," Ray gave up and opened her book, `The Inferno', and read, well tried. (A/N: It's a good book. It's about Dante and his adventure through hell. I liked it.)

`Wonder why she's so tired.' Ray thought to herself. `I feel weird vibes from her.' Her thought made her eyes grow big, and then she sighed. `Grandpa's store is getting to me.'

~~~

It was forth period, P.E., and Serena was lying under a tree, by herself, and taking a breather. She was tired, so the P.E. teacher let her sit out of soccer. "If I knew being Sailor Moon would be so tiring, I would have told Luna `no,'" she told herself. She then closed her eyes, and leaned against the tree.

`Wonder what Luna meant by `you are one of the guardians of the royal family.' Does that mean there are more?' Serena looked upward, toward the sky, for an answer.

"Hey! Heads up!"

Serena was too engrossed by her thoughts to see it coming. A soccer ball was heading right for her face and all she could do was watch it. She closed her eyes, waiting for the impact. But to her surprise, it never came. Slowly, opening one of her baby blue eyes, to see a pair of midnight blue eyes staring at her. She then opened the other one.

"You should watch out. I might not be here next time to save your pretty little self, Meatball Head," Darien lightly said.

`Did he just say that I was pretty?' Serena questioned herself. Still in her thoughts, she was able to confusedly say, "uh….thanks."

"No prob, but watch out next time." Darien smiled at her, and then jogged off towards the soccer field.

Serena then dropped the thought, got up, and walked into the school.

When she walked in, pair of violet eyes was watching her. They then turned toward the retreating body of her rescuer. "He looks familiar," Diamond said to himself, while trying to figure out where he's seen him. "I better keep an eye on him."

~~~

The gang was at their lockers, gathering their things for the day. "So anyone want to go do something today?" Serena asked, while putting her history book away in her locker.

"Sorry Rena, Mina and I got plans already. See ya at home, later," Andrew announced, then wrapped an arm around Mina, and they left.

Serena then turned to Amy. Amy looked sadly at her, "sorry, Serena. I have to meet my mom at the hospital. I'm volunteering there."

"Hey I'll walk you there," Ray interrupted. "I have to go to my Grandfather's store. I said I'd help out."

"Okay," Serena then turned herself toward Lita, while Amy and Ray left, "that leaves us two to do something."

Lita smiled at her, "actually, that leaves just you-"

"Lita!" Serena whined.

"Sorry, but I got stuff already to do. I'll see ya tomorrow though. Bye." Lita then walked away, leaving a very upset Serena.

She grumpily threw her math book in her locker. "Stupid good for nothing-"

"Serena, you okay?"

A blush quickly grew on her face every time she heard that voice, "oh uh, yeah, it's just, uh well," she stuttered out.

The voice chuckled at her. `She's so beautiful when she's nervous,' he thought. "Well before you say another word, how about joining me for a movie tonight?"

`I can't believe it! He actually asked me out on a date!' Serena thought happily.

`He never said it was a date,' her inner voice chimed in.

`Why do you have to butt in now? Well even if it isn't a date, then I'm seeing a movie with one of the most popular guys in school!'

`Well you would if you answer him, you nimrod.'

"Well if you don't want to-" he started.

"I'd love to go, Diamond!" Serena said all too joyously.

"Okay. How about I pick you up around 5:30?" Diamond asked.

"Actually, would you mind, maybe showing me around town? I mean, I have been here for a week already, but I haven't really seen this town that much and….." Serena started to trail off.

"Sure." Diamond smiled at her. She quickly closed her locker, and she wrapped her arms around his arm. `Wow, this might be easier then I thought,' he smugly thought.

~~~

Serena and Diamond were walking around the local park. He showed her around town, and they ended up there. She was tired, and rested on a near by bench. He sat beside her. "So, tell me a little about yourself," Serena said.

"Well, as you know I am one of the captains of the football team, and that I'm a senior in High School," Diamond started.

She giggled at him. "Not those things, silly," she teased him.

The happy mood she was in made a smile grew on his face, "then what do you mean? And I'm not the silly one," he put an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer. "You're the one with the silly hair," he put a hand through one of her locks that feel down from one of her buns.

She pouted at him, and slightly pulled away, "you're so mean!" she playfully whined. "And I thought you were nicer than Darien."

That comment made him look at her curiously, "Darien? Why did he all of a sudden come up?"

"Oh nothing. He just teases me everyday, and then that ego of his. I swear he thinks he's God's gift to women," Serena joked. "Anyways, forget him. I wanted to know if you have any dreams, I mean if it's not too personal and all."

`Always curious as a kitten,' he thought to himself. Their first encounter flowed through his mind.

*Flashback*

Diamond was sitting on a bench, by the Lake Selen on the moon. His father, King of Nemesis, Topaz, accompanied him. He was sent from Nemesis, from the Queen of Moon's request, and was waiting for them. He was only 12-years-old; him and his father were there to discuss the marriage plan. He and the Princess of the Moon, Serenity, were promised to be wed when she turned eighteen.

"Prince Diamond, King Topaz, I'd like you to meet my daughter, Princess Serenity."

Diamond got up from the bench and turned toward the voice. There stood a middle-aged woman with a petite small replica of herself. The lady had long silver hair that flowed from two buns and stopped at her calf. She wore the royal moon dress. She also wore a friendly smile, with her sky blue eyes staring at the young Prince. Diamond then looked at her right, and almost feel down. The petite 10-year-old Moon Princess, with her long blond hair, and little body was shyly, huddled behind one of the Moon Queen's legs. However, that wasn't what made his knees go weak. Her young, innocent, baby blue eyes made his knees buckle, and his breath lessen.

He slowly walked over to the Princess. Bowing, he said, politely, "Princess Serenity, it is a pleasure to finally meet you." He only lifted his head so his violet eyes, could stare at her blue ones.

Seeing, that he wasn't so scary, Serenity came from behind her mother. She curtsies in front of him. With her sweet little voice, she said, "it is a pleasure to meet you, Prince Diamond."

He then walked up to her. He took her hand and placed a soft kiss on it. It caused a blush to form on the Princess' cheeks, "Just call me Diamond, Princess."

She smiled at his niceness, "okay. You have pretty, violet eyes. Oh! Look!" Before Diamond could do anything, Princess Serenity pulled him toward the lake. King Topaz and Queen of the Moon left inside. "Look Diamond! Pretty birds," she tried to reach for them.

"Uh Princess, I don't think you should try that, you might fall in."

"Oh don't be silly, Diamond. And drop the Princess thing. Just call me Serenity, I hate the formal stuff." She then ignored his warning and tried to reach farther.

"Prin-Serenity, I think you should come away from the-" he tried to reach for her.

"Nonsense, don't be silly. I almost-" then she slipped on a stone, and was falling toward the water. "Ahhh!"

Diamond then quickly graved her and pulled her toward him. They fell back and she landed on top of him. She smiled shyly down at him, and he at her. There was a slight blush on her cheek. "Curious as a kitten," he said happily.

*End Flashback*

"Diamond, you there?" Serena's voice brought him out of his daze.

"Yeah, sorry, zoned out for a minute," he explained.

"What did you zone out about?"

`That you and me were meant to be, but then something horrible pulled us apart,' he said to himself. "Nothing, so what about that movie?"

"Yeah let's go!"

~~~

"Yeah Grandpa, I'll be there in a minute. Just have to restock the protective charms," Ray said toward the back of the store. Her Grandfather ran the local charm and relaxes store. When he was little, he used to help run a temple with his father. When he grew up, most people grew out of the temple thing so; he switched to charms and relaxes.

Ray was about to head toward the back, but then a weird vibe went through her, that gave her a bad chill. "What was that?" she asked to herself. Walking toward the front of the store, she looked around. Nothing.

"Must have been my imagination," she told herself. She turned to go towards the back, again, but then was stopped by a scream.

"AHHH!" Ray stormed outside to see an eye full. There stood, in the middle of the street, a creature that was half man, half horse, and half scorpion. It had the bottom half of a horse, top of a man, and its arm and tail were made from a scorpion.

"What-what the hell?" she stuttered to herself.

That got the attention of the creature. It dropped the motionless human and advanced toward Ray.

~~~

Serena was on her way toward the movies with Diamond, when she felt as if someone she knew was in danger. She left Diamond with the `I forgot that I said I would help my aunt' thing, and left him confused. Serena raced toward where she felt she should be. Running into an alley, she transformed. Once again, she became the legendary hero, Sailor Moon.

When she ran to where she could feel the tug, she found Ray jumping from the creatures tail. Ray then feel down and was trapped under the creature. It reared up and was about to stomp her. Sailor Moon then decided to jump in. She quickly picked up Ray, and dodged its blow.

"Who the hell are you?" It said in its nasty voice.

"I stand for love and justice, I am Sailor Moon, and your worse nightmare!" Sailor Moon said while standing in front of Ray.

"So you are the annoyance who killed my sister. Well, you will not kill me! I shall take your energy and give it to the Nega Moon!" With that said, the creature lunged for her and knocked her to a near by wall.

"No! Sailor Moon!" Ray cried out. `Why am I just sitting here. I feel like I should help her! -How the hell are you going to do that Ray?! She's a super hero and you're a human.' She thought angrily. `I know, maybe I can cast a spell that Grandpa taught me.' Finding the strength inside, she focused.

Sailor Moon, on the other hand, was trying to defeat the monster. All she could do though, was dodge the attacks. It never gave her enough chance the hit the thing. It was too fast. `Only if I had help!' she dodged another tail blow.

"Getting tired, Sailor Moon. Feh, I knew you were weak. Now die!" He shot some needles out of his tail. It barely missed her.

"Hey ugly! Mess with this!"

"Hu?" the creature only had time to turn to the voice right before it was paralyzed. "I-I can't mo-move!"

Sailor Moon looked at the charm on the creatures head, then at the girl who helped her. "Ray?" she questioned.

"Sailor Moon, you must finish it!" Luna yelled while hoping out of nowhere.

Sailor Moon nodded. "Right…..Moon Tiara MAGIC!" She threw her tiara towards it.

"Nooooooooooooooooooo!" It screamed before it became moon dust.

Sailor Moon wiped the sweat from her forehead with her arm. She then made her way to Ray. "How did you do that?"

"Oh ah, well my grandfather taught me how to channel my energy and well, that's what happened," Ray tried to explain with a blush.

"Or it's because you are Sailor Mars. Controller of fire. You can also have a little of physic powers," Luna put her thought into it.

"What? That cat can talk!" Ray jumped.

"She can do lots of other cool tricks," Sailor Moon joked. Luna then did her summersault and appeared Mars' transformation stick. "See, and this must be yours," Sailor Moon retransformed and gave Ray the stick. Ray took it, mouth a jarred.

"Serena?!"

To be continued….

Sweetcece: "Yeah! Finished chapter 3!" *pats herself on the back* ^_^

Ray: "I'm finally doing something! But when do I get to use my fire powers!"

Serena: "Calm down pyro. We don't want you to burn down Sweetcece's artwork now."

Sweetcece: "Yeah! I worked hard over Spring Break to finish my Art Studio homework."

Ray: "Sorry…" ;(

Sweetcece: "Well you'll use your fire powers next chapter."

Ray: "Yeay!" ^_^

Serena: "Oh no…" -_-;

Ray: "Hey, I saved your butt in this chapter." *sticks out tongue*

Serena: "No you didn't." *mimics Ray*

Ray: "Yes I did!"

Serena: "No!" :P

Ray: "Yes!" :P

Diamond: *steps in front of them* -_-; "Okay, well, as soon as those two stop bickering, we can see what happens next chapter."

Lita, Amy, & Mina: "Yeah! When do we get to do something?" *eyes Sweetcece*

Sweetcece: ^_^; *sneaks into her room*

Greg: "And do you notice that the guys never get any good lines."

Chad & Ken: *shake their heads to agree*

Andrew: "Well, we have good parts." *points to Darien and himself*

Darien: *nodes in agreement*

Diamond: "And don't forget about me."

Greg, Chad, & Ken: *sulks, and each sit in a corner*

Sweetcece: *pops head out of her bedroom door* "Well that's all for now. Next chapter Sailor Mercury will be introduced and more memories revealed. Please R&R!"