Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Obaa-san! ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2



"OBAA-SAN?!?" Haruka echoed, her previous fright giving away to slight annoyance. "What's she doing here?!"

"Haruka!" Michiru snapped.

"Gomen." She shrank behind her partner when she realized her impudence.

The old woman came forward. She had a slender physique, a little taller than Michiru. Her dark greenish-silvery hair was pulled back in a low bun, not even a single strand escaping from its pins.

Her face was extraordinarily pleasant; laugh lines were very much evident at the corner of her hazy blue eyes and when she smiled, it emphasized more so, youthfully lighting up her whole face. She was wearing a kimono of olive green cloth with gold and auburn leaves, the color of autumn that somehow greatly complimented her hair.

There was also this air of dignity and poise in her that was impossible to overlook. She wasn't just some old, hunchbacked woman. She stood straight and exuberant, not looking like her old age at all.

It suddenly struck Haruka that this old lady must have looked exactly like Michiru when she was younger. She was enthralled at the idea. 'But that doesn't mean you didn't ruin my vacation alone with Michiru... and making me almost wet my pants.' She scowled mentally.

"Gomen, ne? Did I give you a scare?" a sunny smile spread across her face.

Michiru bowed in respect. Seeing that Haruka wasn't following suit, she lightly slapped Haruka's knee to signal the blonde to do the same, which she promptly did.

"Konbanwa, obaa-san." Michiru greeted. "Ara, this is so unexpected! Why this sudden visit?" Michiru asked. Joy mixed with a little hesitation were apparent in her tone.

"Well," she started. "Your parents had mentioned that you would be spending a few weeks here so I decided to drop by and keep my eye on you. After all, I wanted to see my beautiful granddaughter again after such a long time!" Michiru's grandmother extended her arms forward and wrapped them around Michiru. The latter returned the gesture.

'Great, there goes our vacation..." Haruka thought.

"Yes, it has been quite a while, hasn't it?"

"Yes, and what a long while it has been." The old woman said stealing a glance at Haruka who was caught off-guard. She tried to smile her best, but she couldn't ignore the imminent sweat drop on her brow.

"And who might this handsome delight be?" the old woman queried.

Haruka and Michiru blushed. "Ara, obaa-san... this is Tenoh Haruka," Michiru stammered. "Sh... er, HE is a friend of mine since high school." She stopped, hoping that her grandmother didn't notice the slip she made. After all, it wouldn't be wise to blurt out her partner's real identity if she looked like... well, Haruka.

"Haruka, this is my grandmother, Kaioh Shiroko." Michiru introduced.

"Yoroshiku onegaishimasu, Shiroko-san." Haruka bowed as politely as she could. Shiroko returned the gesture. "The pleasure is all mine, Haruka-kun. Ma! Shall we all go in? I'm sure you two are exhausted!" the old woman announced after the formalities were over. "Dinner will be ready in a while, why don't you go up and change, ne?"

The three women filed inside the house. Michiru gaily chatted with her grandmother, while leaving the rest of the luggage to an infuriated Haruka.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*