Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Portrait Of A Princess (Venus) ❯ Portrait Of A Princess (Venus) Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Portrait Of A Princess (Venus)
Chapter 4
By. Essence

Finally here is the 4th chapter! Sorry for the wait. I would like to take this quick time to thank everyone who reviews my stories. I have received so many complimants and they were all very touching. Thank you especially Amara Kou for all the emails. Okay now I'm done. Please read and review!

Portrait Of A Princess (Venus)
Chapter 4
By. Essence


The darkness was sweet, full of heat and flashing light. Mina struggled with her bonds, trying to escape but to anvail. She was loosing a dying fight with the haze.

Yaten stopped in the middle of the hallway and looked around him. The only sounds were that of his now silent footsteps. There was something in the air, something omnious. He could feel it like a heavy haze that wrapped around his body and guided him forward again.

Mina tried to scream agaisn't the palm biting into her flesh but was unable. The taste of his rotting flesh mixed with the smell of her own; burning. He held her wrist in his grip over the candle flame. The pain was intoxicating, burning her senses and making her weak without strength.
Mina opened her eyes to look into the ones of her captor. His own glowed a heavy green, boring into hers. Evil luminating the depths, a wicked smile upon his face.

Yaten walked a little quicker now, his sixth sense seemed to lead him down that maze of hallways. A scent hung in the air, something familar that made his stomach lurch and flip-flop. There was still no sign of anyone, it was like time had come to a stand still and it was up to him to find the key and restart it.

She could feel her knees buckling under her, it was too much. The pain and the look in his eyes and the white hazy mist surounding her was too much. She could feel herself slipping.
Suddenly a door slammed open and the sounds of footsteps interupted her thoughts. Mina felt Sir Glen let go of her body seconds before someone flew past her and knocked him to the ground. With no strength in her legs she slipped to the ground, the intricate carvings on the wall cutting into bare flesh. Her damaged wrist fell limply to her side, resting in the drops of crimson red already staining the floor.

Yaten didn't even take time to notice the girl; he simply flew into the room and tackled the guy. He wasn't strong and was not a fighter but now his anger grew ten fold and used it all to disable the man beneath him. He did not feel the pain in his hands, he countinued to punch the helpless form.

Mina sat agaisn't the wall, dazed and lifeless. She stared at her saviour through hooded eyelids. He looked so familiar but she couldn't remember where she had seen him but he was familiar. Mina struggled with her good arm trying to pull herself up, but without any strength she failed miserably. Words bubbled upon her lips and leaned forward a bit. They came softly has she found her voice but soon she was saying them with full force.

" Stop! Please stop!" Mina half sobbed, half cried out.

Yaten stopped his movement and turned around. The girl was sitting up reaching out to him. Her eyes were so familiar, filled with the same pain he had seen in them before.

Mina let her good arm fall limply to her side; tears filled her blue eyes. It was that man. The one who had come upon her in the gardens. Mina turned away and closed her eyes.

Flashback

Yaten snorted and looked down at the child like girl in front of him.
" You have no sense to understand what real love is," Yaten shot back.
Fire shot up in Mina's eyes, the rose in her hands fell to the ground as she stood up and crushed its gentle pedels into the ground with her slippered foot.
" I have every idea of what real love is, it is you who blocks away the lonely hearts of girls," Mina said meanacly, clenching her hands into fists.
Yaten sighed and looked bored. " Why is it that womyn think the only thing in life is falling in love and getting the man of their dreams. Womyn are quite overrated, especially the rich princess of your planet. I have heard of her, I do not understand why she does not go and find her dreams instead of waiting for them to find her."

End Flashback

Yaten stood up and looked at his hand, the skin was red and swollen. In the background he could see the girl sitting on the oviously lost in thought. She was the same has he last saw he, set to the ground, crying in pain. First from emotion now from physical pain. Yaten walked forward and knelt down in front of her. She didn't even make notice of him until her reached down and picked up her injured wrist. Minako let out a cry of pain and pulled her wrist from his grasp; clutching it to her chest.
" Don't," she said through her tears.
Yaten said nothing for a second but his normal short-tempered anger took over and he glared at her.

" Just like a womyn, you get attacked once by a man and now you won't even trust me?" he asked his light green eyes boring into her skull.

Mina turned away from him, pulling her wrist away from her chest she layed it gently in her lap and tried to pull herself up. A wave of nausea hit her and she fell weakly to her knees again.
Yaten snorted and got up to his feet, he then knelt down and picked up the limp girl.
" Don't," she mummered weakly trying to escape his arms but failing miserably.
Yaten looked down at the girl in his arms, her wrist cradled in her lap.
" You really need to learn when to just take other's charity and let me help you," Yaten said walking past the still body of Sir Glen and out the door.

The loud sounds of his footsteps echoed in the hallway. Mina closed her eyes to the dull pain blazing behind them. Her wrist burned, bringing tears of pain to her arms. She could feel the energy of her body drifting away. She was at such a point of weakness that she stopped fighting Yaten and let her head rest agaisn't his chest
Yaten looked down at the limp girl in his arms. Her eyes were closed and her blond head rested agains't his black coat. A blush rose in to his cheeks, much agaisn't his will.
'She's so peaceful when she looks like that, you would never be able to tell that she has a temper.' He thought smiling at the other night.

The smile dropped off his face though when he remebered the other night. She was a womyn, a selfish, caniving, money seeker. Who knew what this would bring, would she make her marry him because he had helped her?
" I should just leave her here and let someone else find her," he muttered looking ahead.
" What?" Her voice asked. She sounded groggy and in pain.
Yaten looked down to see Mina looking up at him through half lidded eyes. The tint of her skin was a sick chalky color; it made him sick to look at. He turned away, his face set into frown.
" It's nothing," Yaten muttered.

Mina shrank away from his tone of voice and the look in his eyes. She didn't know what she had done but she had done something. Mina looked up to his face again, there was a frosty look in his eyes. She suddenly wanted to be out of his arms and far away from him. His arms were like iron around her body but she could get free.
" On hand me, I can take care of myself," Mina said trying to wriggle free from his grasp.
" Your protest fall upon deaf ears, your in no condition to take care of yourself. Why don't you just except some charity and let me help you," Yaten replied in a bored angered tone, not even bothering to look down at her.

Mina was not one to give up though. If she had to she would use brute force to be freed of him. Mina did the only thing she could think of, she kicked him in the leg and slapped his face. Stunned Yaten let go of her and rasied one hand to his red cheek. Freed from his grasp, Mina fell to the ground landing with a loud thump upon the tiled floor. The fall jarring her wrist and causing it to burn with renewed pain. Tears sprang to her eyes but she ignored them and scrambled to her feet, intent on running away from him.

Yaten was quicker though, seeing that she was about to escape and probaly hurt herself even more. He sprang into action and grabbed her arm, pulling her into his body.

Mina felt his grip slip around her good arm, has she tried to escape. He then pullled her into his body crushing her body to his chest. Mina tried to fight him by hiting him with her fist but he held strong and her other arm was useless. Pain burning brought on by the tears in her eyes. Yaten slipped his other arm around her back bringing her even closer to him. One hand still holding her arm away from him.

Mina froze has she came in conntact with him. She had never been this close to a man before, fire seemed to burn her cheeks. Everything was so new and scary to her, the way his clothes smelled, the feel of his heart beating so close to hers, the grip of his arm on her back. Mina rasied her head and looked straight into his eyes.

The sky, that was what color her eyes were. Like the sky on Earth, a bright hazy blue now darkning has she stared into his green eyes. Everything about her was so accurate, the shade of her eyes, the scent of her, flowers, heady and light, the silly blush that crept into her cheeks and ran down to her neck.

It was like time had stopped all around them, silence so pronounced settled around them. Her limbs felt like water and she wanted to fall into his embrace, all her strength gone.
Mina licked her lips trying to say something.
"I…uh," she faltered but was cut off by a gasp and an astonished voice.
" Minako!" Arophidite gasped stopping in the middle of the hallway. Behind her Princess Kangyua blushed and looked away from her guard and the princess in each others arms. Seyia grinned and tried to hide his laughter. Takki looked up from his book, sighed and closed it.
" Mother!" Mina gasped turning around in Yaten's arms.
Queen Arpohidite quickly composed her features and folded her hands in front of her.
" Minako please go to your chambers, I will be there later to speak with you," she said closing her eyes and bowing her head.

Mina nodded and broke free from Yaten's grasp. She tried to walk calmly away from the scene but the impact of her tears, mixed with the burning of her wounds. Mina lost her calmness and broke into a run, her sobs echoing in the hallway.

The group stood silent intill the sounds had faded, then Arpohidite looked up. The mask of a hostess on her face. All traces of her former anger gone from her voice she acted has if that little scene had never happened.
" If you wil please follow me, I'll show you to the dining room," she said looking at Yaten before walking past him, the rest following behind her. Yaten stood shock still for a moment, running the events through his muddled mind before falling into step behind Takki.

Mina ran through those halls, past servants and furniture, ignoring all. Her tears streaming behind her. She wanted to be alone, to examine her wounds and ponder them in silence. The refuge of her bedchamber seemed so far away but she finally made it. Wrenching open the door and throwing herself into the coma of silence. The door closed behind her and Mina's tired body fell agaisn't it's wooden frame. She slid effortlessly to the ground, drawing her knees to her chest and wrapping both arms around them. The pain of cloth touching charred skin brought her back to reality if only temporarily.

She looked down at the burned wrist, it did not look good. Blood still oozed out but lightly now. The skin was a vicious red with bits of black around the edges. She shuddered at the burning pain it brought and stood up.
'If I'm not to leave this room, at least I can try and do something before I see the healers.' Mina thought to herself, pulling out a white handkerchief from a drawer and trying to wrap it around her wrist. The job was tricky though, while Mina worked at her project; her mind wandered over the past events.

A young lady of good breeding, such has a princess had a certain set of rules they must always follow. She would marry whomever her parents choose for her and forever obey his command. She would never allow herself to show any affection towards him in a public place. Nor would she ever decive him and allow herself to be seen with another man.
Today she had broken the ulitamate rule. Her mother had found her in the arms of a man who was not her intend. She had embarresed herself, her family and the wittness of that event.

" Who were those people?" Mina said out loud looking up from her crudly done bandaged. She tried to remember if there had been any talk of new visitors that morning but her thoughts were scattered and the thought of her mothers anger brought renewed tears to her eyes. Mina walked over to her bed and climbed uptop it, only wishing to bury her face in the pillows and vanish herself from this world.

" She's the Princess!" Yaten cried out jumping out of his chair.
Seyia smirked and nodded, he leaned back in his own chair and placed one arm over the edge.
" I'm surprised you didn't know. Queen Arophidite showed up a portrait of her and spoke of her daughter quite fondly," Takki added adjusting his glasses.
" Poor girl, I wonder how her mother is speaking to her now," Seyia replied looking up at the ceiling.
Yaten sat down in numbed shock.
' The Princess! Her!'
His mind flew back to the night of the ball.

'"Womyn are quite overrated, especially the rich princess of your planet. I have heard of her, I do not understand why she does not go and find her dreams instead of waiting for them to find her."'

His words stuck in his mind, that crying girl in the gardens, turning roses to glass. That was her, the injured headstrong girl of today, that was her. Yaten let this all absorb in, his body numbed to it all.
" I don't think you'll ever be invited back to the planet Venus," Seyia remarked looking toward his friend who was kind off sitting there like a statue.
" I doubt it had highly unlikely, it is more of the princess's fault. I have heard that she is intended to be married to a man named Sir Glen. Her parents are quite proud of the match but the princess abhors it," Takki remarked.
" Really?" Seyia asked interested in the new topic.
" Yes, she deems Sir Glen has an ogere and refuses to go through with the match. She believe she should be allowed to marry for love. Something her parents do not agree with," Takki added.
" It sounds like the girl is headstrong, she should follow her parents will. Who knows this Sir Glen is probaly a great guy and she's worrying over nothing," Seyia replied.

Yaten stood up and headed for the door, he need time to think and all this chatter about her was driving him nuts.
" Where you going Yaten?" Seyia called out, wondering why he was so silent.
" Out," was the only reply he got.

Mina opened her eyes and blinked sleeply. The sound of a door opening brought her back to reality and she sleeply sat up. Queen Arophidite walked into the dark room, behind a servant girl with a candle scurried in and began to light the lamps. The Queen was dressed for a ball, her rich robes the color dusky red. She placed herself magestically in a chair and waited while the servant girl rekindled the fire and brought it back to a blaze.

Minako drew herself into a bundle on the bed and cradled her bandaged wrist in her lap. Fear of the word about to be unleashed on her reflecting her eyes. When the servant girl had finished, she quickly curstisied and scurred out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

The silence in the room was thick, for several seconds there was no sound except for the crackle and hiss of the fire.
" Your father will not be informed of this," the queen started breaking the silence in the room.
" I will not let this get to our people, Princess Kanguya already knows and I have informed the servants. If even one word gets out, then the guilty one will be put to death."

Mina looked at the coverlet, the tone in her mother voice was cold and unemotionaly. There was no yelling, just repremendations.
" I will not ask you what you were doing with that boy. I will only say this, you will never see boy again, you hear me? You are to be married to Sir Glen and I will not have you running around with people not of our race."
" Not of our race? What do you mean?" Mina asked looking up, startled at these words.
" He is part of the guard of Princess Kanguya, he is not from this solar system, he is not even of our status. I will not have you frolicking with someone that is nothing but a knight. You will be chaporoned all the time from now one. You may not see your friends until I give you permission. You will continue to attend lessons on Mars but will return imeaditly after they are done. You will not be able to attend any balls unless under the guidance of Sir Glen and myself. Do you understand me?" Queen Arophidite asked looking at her daughter.
" Yes mother," Mina whispered looking away from that steely glance.
Arophidites gaze fell down to the white bandage on Mina's wrist.
" What is that?" she asked nodding her head toward the handkercief.
Mina looked down at the white cloth realizing that she could never tell her mother the truth of the wound.
" I overturned a candlestick and spilled hot wax on my wrist," Mina replied.
Queen Arophidite nodded and stood up.
" Come along we will go to the healers and have that fixed, then you will have a hot bath. You are a mess."
Mina looked down at her wrinkled clothes and messy hair, a blush fixating her cheeks. She had lost her mothers approval once again. Mina slipped of the bed and walked behind the royal figure. The injured wrist cradled in her hand.

End of chapter 4. Wow this is a long one! Okay chapter 5 coming soon. I would like to take this time to complain. I had written this great part and had just finished it when my computer shuts off when I went to save it! I had to rewrite the part over again! Gaaaa!!! I hate computers! Please review! Thank you!