Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Crystal Clear ❯ Crystal Clear ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sailor Moon: Dark Times

Special: Crystal Clear

Written: September 2003

Copyright Data: Sailor Moon and all characters that exist in the Manga are property of whoever currently owns the rights. I am making no money off of this Fanfic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Weeks Ago

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A lone figure sat atop an apartment building looking out over the city of Saint John. He was wearing a pair of beige cargo pants and a black t-shirt with a dragon on the front of it. He had dark brown, almost black hair and eyes that seemed to shift in color. His name was Shawn. Beside him sat a laptop computer with Cruel Angel's Thesis playing on it. He was lost in deep thought. It was almost as if he was reliving some old memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Years Ago

~~~~~~~~~~~

As Shawn got off the plane he was greeted by a young woman with blue hair. She was wearing a short blue skirt and white blouse. Shawn immediately recognized her as an intellectual type, which wasn't to hard considering she was carrying school books under her left arm. Beside her stood a tall blond haired girl wearing similar clothing. The blue haired girl spoke up first. "Hi my name is Ami and this is Serena. You must be Shawn."

Even though she spoke in perfect English Shawn elected to respond in Japanese. "You mean to tell me I learned Japanese for nothing?"

Serena almost fell over laughing. "See Ami. I told you there was no need to worry. Anyone who would volunteer to come over here to study for six months would probably learn the language before they came."

Shawn just looked at Serena. "Actually, I learned it about 2 years ago because I was planning on coming over here at some point in my life so I figured why not. It had nothing to do with the exchange program. I just wanted to learn the language."

Ami and Serena just stared at him and blinked. "You mean to tell me you learned one of the hardest modern languages on modern day earth, just because."

Shawn picked up his backpack and began walking. "Seemed like a good idea at the time. So Ami, I assume that I am staying with one of you two?"

Ami caught up to him and started to walk beside him. "Yeah. You'll be staying at my place. I'll give you a tour of the city."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Shawn was dragged back into the present when he felt a shift in the air around him.

As he looked around he saw a tall woman with long dark green hair. She was wearing a business suit. Beside her right ankle stood a red furred cat. Shawn stood up and walked over to her. "Sharon, it is good to see you. What brings you to Saint John?"

Sharon gave him a quick hug. "I came to see an old friend. Is there something to wrong with that."

Shawn looked at her with a strange look in his eye. "There wouldn't be if that was all. But there are two problems with that statement. First, if all you wanted to do was see me then why did you bring Xavier along?"

The cat looked up at him. "She brought me with her because I wanted to see you again too. So there."

Shawn looked down at the cat. "There is another reason." Shawn turned and pointed to a bird that was flying past the roof. The only problem was that the bird seemed to be frozen in mid-air. "Sharon has also taken us out of time." He turned back to Sharon. "So what's up Miss Pluto?"

Sharon looked back at him. "It's been a while since you left. I think the time for you to return to the fight is drawing near."

Shawn sat back down. "Great. And here I thought you were bringing good news. I thought I could get away with just that one fight three years ago for awhile."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

"And this is the last stop on our tour, the School."

Shawn and Ami were now standing in front of a large building. Shawn looked up at the building. It was much bigger than the campus back in Saint John. He looked over at Ami. "Just tell me one thing. How big and up to date is the computer lab?"

Ami looked over at him. "It is one of the biggest and most advanced in the city."

Shawn looked back towards the school. "Good, that means I should have a challenge."

Shawn patted a case that was hanging from his shoulder. When Ami looked over at him she noticed it for the first time.

"What's that?" When Shawn looked over he noticed that Ami was pointing at his laptop case.

"It's my laptop. I always carry it with me. The International Software Association would have a field day with this thing if they could get there hands on it."

Ami just stared at him in disbelief.. "Do I want to know what is on it?"

Shawn started to walk back to her place, where he would be staying. "Nothing legal."

Ami ran to catch up to him. "Don't you mean nothing illegal?"

Shawn looked over at her with a weird smile on his face. "No, I don't." was all he said as they continued walking.

After about half an hour of walking they came across a group of four girls that included Serena walking towards a park. When they spotted Ami and Shawn they waved tem over. As they got closer, Shawn noticed that they had a picnic basket. Serena was the first to speak up. "Hey Ami. Shawn. We are going to the park for a picnic. You guys want to come?"

Ami looked over to Shawn who just shrugged his shoulders. "Sure why not."

As the group walked into the park, one of the girls, one with long bland hair came over to Ami. "So Ami, that's the new exchange student. What's he like?"

Ami looked over at her friend. "Well Mina he appears to be smart since he learned Japanese on his own. He is also very much into computers from what I can tell."

Mina looked over at him. "Rats. Than I guess I don't have much of a chance with him." She suddenly noticed something. "I don't think I am even registering on his radar."

"What are you talking about? Just give it …."

Before Ami could finish what she was saying, a creature that looked like a giant two legged lobster burst out of the trees and grabbed Shawn and was now holding him like a hostage. Then reason why quickly followed him out of that Bush in the form of Sailor Uranus, Neptune, Saturn and Pluto. The monster looked over at them. "Not one step closer or this innocent little twerp gets it!" There were two problems right now. One the monster did not know he was surrounded by the rest of the Sailor Scouts and two, they couldn't transform in front of Shawn. To everyone's surprise though, the four outer scouts started to back off. The monster started to laugh. "That's right. Now who has the upper hand?"

A small smile came over Pluto's face. "Well, you certainly don't. You just took the wrong person hostage." She was now pointing towards Shawn. When everyone looked over at Shawn, they were surprised at what they saw. On his forehead was a symbol Ami knew well. The symbol for Mercury, but below it was what appeared to be an eight pointed star. Suddenly a red haired cat came out of nowhere holding a blue crystal on a gold chain in its mouth. Unfortunately it trip over something and the crystal went flying through the air, land around Shawn's neck.

The monster at this point looked down to see Shawn looking up at him. "Bad move asshole. MERCURY ICE POWER!" Shawn was suddenly surrounded in a bright blue light and the monster was thrown back. When it faded he was standing there in a blue trench coat wearing a pair of black pants and a black shirt underneath. In his right hand was a seven foot long Glaive. "Buddy, you are in so much shit." Shawn raised his left hand and pointed his palm towards the monster. "MERCURY TUNDRA BLAST!" a bolt of pure cold energy shot from his hand and struck the monster. To everyone's surprise the monster froze solid and shattered. He turned to Pluto. "Came someone tell me what the hell just happened here?"

The red haired cat walked up to him. "First things first. My name is Xavier and I am your guardian. You are Prince Shawn of the Planet Mercury."

Shawn looked down at the cat. "DID YOU JUST TALK?" when Xavier nodded, Shawn passed out.

Xavier looked at Shawn. "Must've over exerted himself."

Pluto looked over at Xavier. "Actually, it was probably the shock of seeing a talking cat."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

"Hey Shawn!, Snap out of it."

Shawn woke back up on the roof top and found himself facing Sharon again. "Sorry, just lost in some old memories."

Sharon looked at him. "What type of memories?"

"The fight from three years ago."

"You should never have gotten involved in that fight. We could have handled it ourselves and you wouldn't have had the problem you did when you left."

"Yeah, well we still resolved the problem, didn't we? None of the Inner Senshi remember who I am because of your time manipulation. They think they killed the monster by them selves. So anyway, you came to tell me you think it is about time for me to rejoin the fight again? Why do you say that?"

Sharon sat down on a chair that Shawn kept up on the roof. For thee first time Shawn also noticed that they were back in a regular time flow. "It is just a strange feeling that I have been having lately. I just can help but…"

Sharon was suddenly interrupted by the sound of a ringing coming from Shawn's computer. He quickly went over to it and turned off the camera before hit the accept button. Suddenly a voice came over the speakers. "Hey, why is your camera off?" To Sharon's surprise, it was Lita, also known as Sailor Jupiter. She shot Shawn a look that could melt paint. Shawn just shrugged.

"The Camera has been on the frizt all day. Do you mind if I call you back later, I have some guests over?"

"Ok, call me back before midnight your time though." There was a click as the connection went dead.

Shawn looked over at Sharon who was still giving him a look that would have scared Queen Beral straight back to the Negaverse. "It was pure coincidence, I swear." He said with his arms raised in the air.

"I believe you. Like I was saying, I just wish you were back over in Japan in case something happened."

Shawn looked over at her. "Don't' worry about that. In about two week's time, I will be moving over to Japan. I got a job working for a computer company over there as head of network security."

Sharon looked at him. "Good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Current Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Shawn stood atop a building looking out over Tokyo, his new home. It has taken less than a day for him and Lita to rekindle there old love and just a little bit longer for Sharon to be proven right. Just over a day after he arrived, he was forced to take the crystal back from Sharon and transform to kill the man who killed Lita all those years ago. This was going to one hell of a time to live through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Frost's Notes:

Yeah, I know it has been awhile since I have done anything for this stuff. Thanatos and I are currently rewriting the first chapter of the story. This is just some back history for Frost. So have fun with it. This will most likely be the only Part of this series posted on Media Minder. You can find the rest of this series plus other fanfics posted @

http://frozenwastelandstudios.cjb.net

©Frozen Wasteland Studios 2003