Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Friends ❯ Author's Note ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorCallie presents: Sailor Moon Friends

Author's Note

Disclaimer: Naoko Takeuchi-sensei owns Sailor Moon, BKC, Warner Bros. Television and NBC owns FRIENDS.

When I've gotten my last review by BenRG, I was both thrilled and confused at the same time. BenRG, a FF.net reader, said that the FRIENDS met the Inner and Outer Senshi on the streets of Manhattan. The truth is: The Inners (Ami/Sailor Mercury, Rei/Sailor Mars, Makoto/Sailor Jupiter and Minako/Sailor Venus) met Monica, Joey and Rachel as they were heading towards Bloomingdale's to pick up a dress that Monica put on layaway a month prior to the start of this fan-fic while Setsuna/Sailor Pluto enters Central Perk and meets with Ross, Chandler and Phoebe. Then, Haruka/Sailor Uranus, Michiru/Sailor Neptune and Hotaru/Sailor Saturn all arrived at the same time Setsuna ordered their drinks.

As for the formation of Crystal Tokyo, although Crystal Tokyo doesn't exist (since it's the year 2002 A.D. and it'still called Tokyo) until over app. 900 years into the future after an ecological disaster froze the Earth (which happens in several years time, according to http://lianne_sentar.tripod.com/emer.html) and every living being fell into a state of dormancy (i.e., a long sleep) until the Imperium Silver Crystal unfroze the entire world, thus Crystal Tokyo is born. Even though the Inner and Outer Senshi mentions Crystal Tokyo, the Crystal Palace where Usagi and Mamoru woke up one morning years later after Eternal Sailor Moon saved the universe, was in fact built for the future rulers of Crystal Tokyo, hence Neo-Queen Serenity and Neo-King Endymion.

This excerpt, from MoonPrincess.com, explains what happened in the anime version of Sailor Moon:

Shortly after Sailor Moon defeated Galaxia, Mamoru and Usagi were married.

Several years later, an ecological disaster froze the entire Earth. The people of Earth fell into a state of dormancy and they slept for nine-hundred years.

When the 30th Century came, the power of the Imperium Silver Crystal awoke Usagi. Eternal Sailor Moon used the Silver Crystal's powers to unfreeze the Earth and its people. She created a peaceful city, much like the Moon Kingdom from the Silver Millennium, and this city was called "Crystal Tokyo". Usagi became its ruler, known as Neo-Queen Serenity and Mamoru became its king, King Endymion. Sailor Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Venus became the guardians of Crystal Tokyo.

In the manga version of Sailor Moon, Neo-King Endymion (Sailor Moon R's Dark Moon arc) explained to Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask, Sailor Venus and the guardian cats, Luna and Artemis (who happens to be human as a result of Luna recently giving birth to their daughter, Diana, who'll go onto be Chibi-Usa's guardian cat during the SuperS arc of both the anime and manga) that:

"The lifespan of people in the Silver Millennium is about one thousand years. After adulthood is reached, the aging process is stopped. When Selenity was 22, she ascended to the throne and gave birth to the first princess. After that, she maintained the same figure. It's all because of the power of the Mystical Silver Crystal. I have also become a member of the Silver Millennium, and so have the same longevity. Crystal Tokyo, like the Silver Millennium, entered the age of long life when we ascended to the throne in the 21st century. Now most of the people on Earth enjoy long lives from the power of the crystal. We lived on Earth in peace. That is, for a time. Now Crystal Tokyo is in ruin. Only the Mystical Silver Crystal can save the world. But Neo-Queen Selenity is the only one who can use it, and she won't wake up. So there's nothing we can do..." (excerpt courtesy of Mr. Alex Glover from www.UsagiandMamoru.com, created by Miss Nishi Rajin.)

As for FRIENDS, I don't believe in divorce and annulment at all, so I say that even though Ross and Rachel eloped in Las Vegas, they've decided to separate in lieu of divorce, something those stupid writers on the show never thought of. Monica and Chandler are happily married, but if you've read to prologue and are thinking that she's pregnant, I'll reveal it in either chapter 3 or 4. Joey and Phoebe haven't found happiness with other people, but you'll just have to read on to see what'll happen next. As the author, I'm not going to give away the plot.

I will be starting on Chapter 4: Two mysterious people, one good, one bad, sometime this week, so please give me some time because I work the evening shift at Double Dave's pizza from 4 PM to 9 PM Monday through Friday, which means on Thursday nights, I have to tape FRIENDS. The good one is an original character while the bad one is a familiar face.