Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon: Legacy of Power ❯ Nehelenia's Discovery ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Sailor Moon: Legacy of Power

Disclaimer: I don’t own Sailor Moon, nor do I own the Power Rangers. They belong to their respective owners, and the monsters used in this story are from the Mega Man X games, which belongs its respective owner.


Summary: After the events of Sailor Moon Super S, Serena and the others went on vacation for the summer. Meanwhile, an undefeated Nehelenia stumbles upon Rita Repulsa’s dumpster, and releases her wrath upon the earth. Now they must use the Power Coins to defeat Rita and Nehelenia, before unspeakable evil can be released upon the planet.

Chapter 1: Nehelenia’s Discovery

One month has passed since Nehelenia was sent back to the Dark Moon. The Sailor Scouts have just gotten out of junior high, and are ready to enter high school. But for now, they decided to pack their bags and head for Angel Grove, California, but little did they know that their next adventure was about to begin.
It all started when Nehelenia was wandering upon the Dark Moon.
“I can’t believe it, I had the Golden Crystal in my grasp, and that pesky Sailor Moon defeated me AND rescued that little pest, Sailor Mini-Moon. I’ll show her someday, that I cannot be defeated so easily!” yelled Nehelenia as she unleashed some of her powers with fury, blowing away some debris and uncovering a weird container of some sort.
“What IS that?!” asked Nehelenia to herself as she gazed upon the container. Without hesitating for one minute, she opened up the lid and she was blown back by the force of the pressure that had been trapped inside. Soon, several beings emerged, the first being a golden monkey-like figure called Goldar.
“Empress, we have been set free!” proclaimed Goldar as he stepped out of the container.
“My Queen, we ARE free! Someone has released us!” proclaimed the second being that stepped out, a dog-like creature named Finster.
“What ARE these things?!” thought Nehelenia to herself as two other figures emerged, named Squatt and Baboo.
“Oh, this is great!” yelled Squatt.
“Yes, it is, c’mon Rita, step out and absorb some fresh air!” proclaimed Baboo as their leader, a wicked sorceress known as Rita Repulsa, stepped out of the container.
“Ah, after 10,000 years I’m free! It’s time to conquer the nearest planet!!” yelled Rita as she stepped out of the dumpster and noticed Nehelenia.
“YOU! Who are you?” asked Rita as Nehelenia stepped up.
“I am Queen Nehelenia of the Dark Moon. I demand to know who YOU are.” said Nehelenia.
“I am Rita Repulsa, sorceress of the galaxy and destroyer of many planets, sealed for 10,000 years in that space dumpster by a sage known as Zordon of Eltar.” said Rita.
“Who is this ‘Zordon of Eltar?’” asked Nehelenia.
“He was a wise being who defended the galaxy for over 10,000 years. When I arrived and started to destroy many planets, me and him fought to the death. Only I sealed him inside a time warp after he sealed me in that infernal space dumpster. Now I must conquer the nearest planet, and if I’m not mistaken, that would be Earth, correct?” asked Rita.
“Of course, Rita. But know that I am after that planet also. There is a group of fighters known as the Sailor Scouts that defeated me a short time ago and I seek my revenge against them.” said Nehelenia.
“Maybe we could help each other out, what do you say?” asked Rita.
“On one condition.” said Nehelenia.
“What would that be?” asked Rita.
“We divide Earth between us.” said Nehelenia.
“Agreed.” said Rita as they shook hands and headed to Rita’s Palace on the moon.
“My old base of operations, this should do just fine.” said Rita as everyone stepped in after her.
“Well, what now?” asked Nehelenia.
“Now we shall have Finster create a monster to attack the first city I find!” said Rita as she looked through her telescope and looked upon Angel Grove, California.
“That city is known as Angel Grove, let’s attack it!” said Rita.
“I have an idea, I can make my own monsters without anyone’s aid.” said Nehelenia.
“Ah, do tell. Show me!” said Rita as Nehelenia made her shadow spread out.
“COME OUT MY REMLESS SERVANT-FLAME MAMMOTH!!!” yelled Nehelenia as the symbol of the Dark Moon Circus appeared on her shadow as it turned into a mechanical elephant known as Flame Mammoth.
“WHOA!!!” yelled Squatt and Baboo.
“Most impressive!” proclaimed Goldar after he witnessed Nehelenia’s power.
Finster just glared and walked back into his laboratory.
“Nehelenia, that was impressive!” proclaimed Rita.
“Thank you.” said Nehelenia.
“How may I serve you, my empresses?” asked Flame Mammoth as he kneeled.
“Go and attack Angel Grove, Flame Mammoth. I’ll send down some backup warriors known as the Putty Patrol.” said Rita.
“I’ll be going now to fulfill your wishes.” said Flame Mammoth as he was sent to Earth.
*************************************************
“OH, COME ON-THAT’S NOT FAIR!!!!!” yelled Serena as she slammed her fists onto the fighting game machine she was playing.
“Yes, it’s fair, when you’re a meatball head and you can’t do anything right!” said Rini, who had been watching Serena play that game.
“Why you little spore!” responded Serena as the others walked up.
“I’m amazed that Serena has a level head in battle.” muttered Luna as she watched the argument between Serena and Rini.
“Serena, stop that!” said Raye as she ran up to them.
“But Raye, she was being the little, insignificant spore that she is!” claimed Serena as Rini stuck her tongue out at her.
“Just chill, you guys!” said Raye as Lita and Mina ran up to them.
“Guys, trouble in the park, we need to go see what it is.” whispered Lita as everyone ran to Angel Grove Park.
*************************************************
“HAHAHA!!!! That’s right, destroy everything for our empresses!” proclaimed Flame Mammoth as him and the Putties destroyed everything nearby in the park.
“STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!!!” yelled Serena and the others as they ran up to Flame Mammoth.
“Who’s going to stop me?! You puny 6?! HA!!” yelled Flame Mammoth as he prepared to face them.
“Guys...” said Serena as she pulled off her brooch, “LET’S TRANSFORM!”
“RIGHT!” proclaimed the others as they brought out their transformation devices.
“MOON...COSMIC...DREAM...ACTION!!!” yelled Serena and Rini as they transformed into Sailor Moon and Sailor Mini-Moon.
“MERCURY...CRYSTAL...POWER!!!” yelled Amy as she transformed into Sailor Mercury.
“MARS...CRYSTAL...POWER!!!” yelled Raye as she transformed into Sailor Mars.
“JUPITER...CRYSTAL...POWER!!!” yelled Lita as she transformed into Sailor Jupiter.
“VENUS...CRYSTAL...POWER!!!” yelled Mina as she transformed into Sailor Venus.
“How dare you destroy such a beautiful place!” yelled Sailor Mercury.
“This was a place for children to play and you ruined it!” yelled Sailor Mars.
“I can’t believe you would be so heartless!” yelled Sailor Jupiter.
“For this, we shall never forgive you!” yelled Sailor Venus.
“You will be destroyed, you creep!” yelled Sailor Mini-Moon.
“I am...SAILOR MOON!!” yelled Serena as she struck a pose.
“And I’m...SAILOR MINI-MOON!!” yelled Rini as she struck the same pose.
“And in the name of the moon...” said Serena as her and Rini struck a final pose.
“WE SHALL PUNISH YOU!” yelled Serena and Rini.
“How touching...PUTTIES!!!” yelled Flame Mammoth as an army of Putties appeared.
“I’ll take care of them!!!” said Raye as the the Symbol of Mars appeared in her right hand.
“MARS...FLAME...SNIPER!!!!” yelled Raye as she launched a flaming arrow at the Putty army, destroying them all.
********************************************
“What?! How did she do that?!” yelled a stumped Rita.
“I told you those Sailor Scouts were trouble.” said Nehelenia.
“Then let’s see them handle this!” yelled Rita as she walked over to her balcony overlooking Earth.
“MAGIC WAND...MAKE FLAME MAMMOTH GROW!!!” yelled Rita as she threw her Magic Wand to Earth.
As soon as it pierced the dirt, it unleashed bolts of energy into the Earth, splitting it and filling Flame Mammoth with energy.
“OH YES...THAT FEELS GREAT!!!” yelled Flame Mammoth as he grew into a 30-foot tall giant overlooking the city.
********************************************
Meanwhile, in a far away desert, alarms were blaring in a hidden Command Center just outside of Angel Grove.
“Oh no, Zordon, wake up!! There’s grave danger!” yelled a small robot known as Alpha 5.
“Relax, Alpha. I have a plan.” said Zordon as two pillars zapped energy into a plasma tube, making Zordon appear as a giant head inside the tube.
“What is your plan, Zordon?! Earth will not have any hope in a matter of moments-Rita’s escaped!” yelled a panicked Alpha 5.
“Alpha, my plan is to find 5 worthy teen-agers to use the ancient Power Coins to become Power Rangers so they will have the power to defeat Rita and her new ally.” said Rita.
“But those Morphers haven’t been used in centuries!!” protested Alpha 5.
“We have no choice. Now, look on the viewing globe and see what 5 teen-agers appear.” said Zordon.
“Right, Zordon.” said Alpha as he entered commands into a computer console and the viewing globe kicked on, showing the Sailor Scouts failing to land an attack on the giant Flame Mammoth.
“Zordon, who are they?” asked Alpha 5.
“They’re the Sailor Scouts, Alpha, which would make them perfect candidates for the Morphers and the Ranger Powers.” said Zordon.
“But what about that little girl there, Zordon, she isn’t even a teen-ager.” said Alpha 5.
“We’ll bring her here for safety, now initiate the teleportation sequence to bring them here.” said Zordon.
“Right away, Zordon!” said Alpha 5 as he typed commands into another console.
***********************************************
“How can we attack it, nothing’s working!” said Raye as Mina failed to successfully attack Flame Mammoth.
“Wait, what’s that-that energy?” said Amy as she dropped to her knees.
“Whatever it is, it’s...making me sick...” said Lita as a black energy surrounded her and lifted her up.
“It’s happening to me, too!” said a panicked Mina as a yellow energy surrounded her and lifted her up next to Lita.
“This is bad!!” said a panicked Raye as a red energy surrounded her and lifted her up next to the other two.
“What...what is this?” said a weak Amy as a blue energy surrounded her and lifted her up next to the other three.
“Oh no, what’s going on?!!!” screamed a panicked Serena as a pink energy surrounded her and lifted her up next to the others, as the 5 energies were being transported to the Command Center.
“What am I-chopped liver?!!” yelled a mad Rini as she was teleported away by a gray energy.
***********************************************
The 6 multicolored energies were transported across the desert and into the Command Center’s main room where Alpha 5 and Zordon were. The 6 energies turned back into the Sailor Scouts as they tried to get some information on their new surroundings.
“What the...where is this place?” asked Serena.
“Wow, this place is amazing! The technology here is really advanced!” said an amazed Amy.
“This is weird, who would bring us here?” said Raye.
“I have no idea, but I have a feeling we’re going to soon find out.” said Lita.
“Yeah.” agreed Mina.
“Welcome, humans.” said Alpha 5 as he walked up to the Scouts.
“What the...?!” said a surprised Rini.
“Is he friend or foe?” whispered Raye to the others.
“I am happy you have arrived here successfully, you’re our only hope.” said Alpha 5 as Rini pulled out her heart wand.
“PINK SUGAR HEART ACHE!!!” yelled Rini as she launched her attack at Alpha.
“Oh, AY-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI!!!!!” screamed Alpha as Zordon appeared.
“That is enough, little one.” said Zordon as he appeared in the plasma tube as Serena screamed.
“IT’S A GIANT FLOATING HEAD!!!” yelped Serena as she ducked behind Raye.
“Relax, you do not need to fear me, I am a defender of good just like yourselves.” said Zordon as Rini nervously laughed and threw heart wand to the side.
“Sorry about the attack, Mr. Robot.” said Rini as an anime sweat drop appeared on her head.
“That’s alright, just go easy on me next time, gosh!” said Alpha as he muttered, “Humans...”
“Why are we here, um...what’s your name?” said Amy.
“My name is Zordon of Eltar. I once fought for good like you fight now, until my adversary named Rita Repulsa sealed me in a time warp in our final battle. Before I was completely sealed away, I sealed her into a space dumpster and jettisoned the dumpster into the farthest reaches of the universe. However, someone discovered the dumpster and opened it, releasing Rita and her minions. This unknown person has now teamed up with Rita and they are using a giant monster to attack the city. It is now up to you to take the Power Morphers and become Power Rangers to defeat it.” said Zordon.
“Power Morphers?” questioned Mina.
“Zordon, we already have our Sailor Scout powers, we can’t accept the Morphers.” said Raye apologetically.
“No need to worry, when you receive the Morphers I am about to give you, some of the qualities from your Sailor Scout powers will transfer over easily. However, you will not be able to harness the elements of your powers anymore.” said Zordon.
“We understand, but what about Rini?” asked a concerned Serena.
“She is unable to receive a Power Morpher because she is too young, however, you will still be able to fight along side the others.” said Zordon.
“Okay...” said a sad Rini.
“Sailor Scouts, prepare to receive the Power Morphers.” said Zordon as he concentrated and made the Power Morphers appear on black waistbands that appeared on their Scout uniforms.
“Lita, strong and brave, your Ranger Powers will come from the spirit of the Mastodon.” said Zordon as Lita gazed upon her Morpher.
“Serena, graceful and true, your Ranger Powers will come from the spirit of the Pterodactyl.” said Zordon as Serena took a closer look at her Morpher.
“Amy, you are smart and fierce, the spirit of the Triceratops will fuel your Ranger Powers.” said Zordon as Amy inspected her Morpher.
“Mina, fast and flexible, your Ranger Powers will be fueled by the spirit of the Saber-toothed tiger.” said Zordon as Mina posed holding her Morpher.
“Finally, you Raye, are noble and honorable, which will allow your Ranger Powers to be fueled by the spirit of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.” said Zordon as Raye looked over her Morpher and the alarms sounded.
“Take a look at the viewing globe, Rangers.” said Zordon as everyone turned around and looked at the viewing globe.
“It is time, raise your Morphers to the sky and call out the name of your dinosaur spirit.” said Zordon.
“Good luck.” said Rini as she stepped back next to Alpha.
“Let’s do it guys.” said Raye as she held her Morpher behind her back and the others followed her actions.
“IT’S MORPHIN’ TIME!!!” yelled Raye as their morphing sequence began.
“MASTODON!!” yelled Lita.
“PTERODACTYL!!” yelled Serena.
“TRICERATOPS!!” yelled Amy.
“SABER-TOOTHED TIGER!!” yelled Mina.
“TYRANNOSAURUS!!” yelled Raye as her and the others morphed for the first time into the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
*************************************************
The Rangers and Rini quickly made their way to the city, and another army of Putties appeared.
“Just great, a 30-foot tall Remless and now more of those things!” said a mad Mina.
“I can take care of them, guys, go fight the huge monster!” said Rini as she pulled out her heart wand again.
“Rini is right, Power Rangers, summon your dinozords.” said Zordon telepathically.
“How do we do that?” asked Amy.
“Raise your hands to the sky and call for the dinozords.” said Zordon.
“Right.” said Amy as her and the others raised their hands to the sky.
“WE NEED DINOZORD POWER NOW!!!” yelled the Rangers as their dinozords were summoned. The tyrannosaurus was summoned from the depths of the Earth, and the Earth split as the tyrannosaurus emerged from the burning magma below. The saber-toothed tiger was summoned from the jungle, making a great leap over the tall rainforest. The triceratops was summoned from the desert, slowly wheeling towards the city.
The pterodactyl was summoned from an active volcano and emerged as soon as the volcano erupted.
The mammoth was summoned from the Angel Grove mountains and it stomped through the snow-filled valley at the foot of the mountains.
“Let’s go!” yelled Raye as she and the other Rangers jumped into the air.
“Raye here, this has got a great view!” said Raye as she landed in the cockpit of the tyrannosaurus.
“Mina here, wonder how fast this thing goes!” said Mina as she landed in the saber-toothed tiger’s cockpit.
“Amy here, I think I’ll need to see some tech specs!” said Amy as she landed in the triceratops’ cockpit.
“Serena here, I want to take the stereo out of this thing!” squealed Serena as she landed in the cockpit of the pterodactyl.
“Lita here, man this thing is huge!” said Lita as she landed in the mastodon’s cockpit.
“Alright, Zordon, what now?” asked Raye.
“Combine them into the Megazord, Raye.” said Zordon telepathically.
“Right, but how do we do that?” asked Raye.
“It doesn’t matter what you use to fight me, I’ll still defeat you!” proclaimed Flame Mammoth.
“Raye, take the coins out of your Morphers and transform them into the Power Crystals, then insert the Crystals into the consoles and then the Zords will combine into the Megazord.” said Zordon telepathically.
“Got it. Guys, do what I do!” said Raye as she took her coin out of her Morpher.
“Activating Power Crystal...” said Raye as she transformed her coin into the Red Power Crystal.
“2...1...POWER UP!!” yelled Raye as she inserted her Crystal into the console.
“Activating Power Crystals...” said the other Rangers as they transformed their coins into their Power Crystals.
“2...1...POWER UP!!” yelled the other Rangers as they inserted their Power Crystals into the consoles.
“Megazord sequence starting!! Beginning tank formation!” said Raye as the dinozords combined and formed the Megazord’s tank mode.
“Raye, what do we do now?” asked Mina.
“I’m not exactly sure...” said Raye.
“I got an idea!” said Serena.
“What is it, Serena?” asked Lita.
“Avoid that!!” said Serena as she pointed towards a fire blast launched at them by Flame Mammoth.
“Good idea, Serena, dodging now!” said Raye as she piloted the Megazord away from the blast.
**********************************************
“UGH!!!!” yelled Rini as she was knocked back by a blow from one of the Putties.
“Man, only one left and it’s the one that’s kicking my butt!” said a mad Rini as the Putty made its way towards her.
“What am I going to do now?!” said a panicked Rini as a red rose was thrown into the Putty, making it disappear.
“When young girls are harassed by clay bullies, I will punish them!” said Tuxedo Mask as he jumped down from the tree he was in.
“Rini, where are the others?” asked Tuxedo Mask.
“Long story, we’ll just have to wait for them.” said Rini.
*********************************************
“We dodged that, but how can we destroy him?” asked Raye.
“Activate the main Megazord sequence, Raye, and after you do that, summon the Power Saber.” said Zordon.
“Right. Guys, activate the main Megazord sequence!” said Raye.
“Right!” said Lita and Mina.
“Morphin!” said Amy and Serena.
“MEGAZORD SEQUENCE HAS BEEN INITIATED.” said the main computer as the Megazord’s tank mode raised itself up to start the main sequence while Serena’s Zord was coming in for the final approach to make the Megazord’s chest plate.
“Okay, Serena, you can do this.” said Serena to herself as her Zord successfully attached itself to the Megazord as the tyrannosaurus’ head was lowered into its chest and Serena’s Zord attached itself as the Megazord’s chest plate.
“MEGAZORD...ACTIVATED!!!” said the main computer as the Megazord’s horns attached to the sides of its head and lightning bolts filled the Megazord with energy.
“Impressive, but guess what, it’s not good enough!!” said Flame Mammoth as he launched a fire attack at the Megazord.
“What now, Raye?” asked a panicked Lita.
“I know what to do.” said Raye as she raised her hand.
“WE NEED THE POWER SABER!!!” yelled Raye as the Power Saber descended from the sky as the Megazord grabbed it.
“Oh no...can’t we talk about this?!” asked a panicked Flame Mammoth.
“Afraid not, hot head!” said Mina.
“This is the end for you!” said Lita.
“MEGAZORD SABER...POWER UP!!” yelled the Rangers as the Megazord raised the Power Saber to the sky, allowing lightning to strike it as the Megazord gave a fatal slash to Flame Mammoth using the charged Power Saber.
“OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” yelled Flame Mammoth as he collapsed and exploded.
**********************************************
“Oh no, the Rangers destroyed my Remless!!” said an angry Nehelenia.
“Don’t say ‘Rangers,’ I have a headache...ugh...” said Rita as she held her head in her left hand and sat down.
**********************************************
After the battle, the Rangers teleported to the Command Center, and Zordon teleported Tuxedo Mask and Rini to the Command Center to join them. The Rangers were still in their Ranger suits without their helmets, and Tuxedo Mask and Rini were still transformed.
“Congratulations, Power Rangers, your first battle was fought very well.” said Zordon.
“I admit I had my doubts, but you humans are alright in my book!” said Alpha 5.
“I’m proud of you guys, all of you.” said Tuxedo Mask.
“Man, those Zords were awesome, you guys!” said Rini as she hugged Serena.
“Now, I must tell you three rules that you are to keep if you wish to hold on to your Ranger Powers.” said Zordon.
“We’re listening, Zordon.” said Raye as her and the other Rangers turned to face him.
“First, you must NEVER use your power for personal gain. Second, NEVER escalate a battle unless Rita forces you. And third, and most importantly, keep your identity a SECRET, NO ONE may know you are a Power Ranger.” said Zordon.
“But Zordon, what about me and Rini?” asked Tuxedo Mask.
“You need not worry, you have secret identities of your own, and I’m sure you follow the same rules as I just laid out.” said Zordon.
“Well guys, we’re not Sailor Scouts anymore, so I need to tell you guys something.” said Serena.
“What is it, Serena?” asked Lita.
“I can’t be the leader anymore.” said Serena.
“But Serena, why not?” asked a worried Mina.
“Because, Raye should be the leader now that we have new powers. She took charge today, and I think it’s her turn for a little while until this is over.” said Serena.
“Wise decision, Serena. You made a good choice.” said Zordon.
“This is going to be tough since we’re used to following you, Serena.” said Amy.
“Relax, I’m sure Raye will do fine.” said Luna as she walked into the Command Center.
“Thank you, all of you.” said Raye as tears formed in her eyes.
“There’s just one thing left to do now.” said Artemis.
“What’s that?” asked a curious Diana.
“I think I know.” said Lita as she held out her hand.
“I see where this is going!” said Mina as she put her hand on top of Lita’s.
“My turn.” said Amy as she put her hand on top of Mina’s.
“I love doing this.” said Serena as she put her hand on top of Amy’s.
“This is getting good.” said Raye as she put her hand on top of Serena’s as they all lowered their hands.
“POWER RANGERS!!!” yelled the Rangers as they jumped into the air, holding their outstretched hands high.

END OF CHAPTER 1


That’s all for now, guys, stay tuned and please review, NO FLAMES.