Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Short Stories ❯ Crystal Power? ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Madelyn listened to her teacher explaining about their new assignment.

"For this week's assignment, I will give you a collector's case which you will use to keep the crystals you find in. I have hidden about fifty different crystals in the school with a clue. These clues will lead you to the next crystal."

Ms Haruna turned around and saw a certain tardy student asleep.

"Serena! Pay attention!" She shouted, shaking the girl. Serena awoke, muttering and yawned as Ms Haruna carried on.

"The class will be divided in pairs and will present their crystals to the class next Friday. Serena, a week today, you understand that?"

"Yes Ms Haruna." Serena grumbled.

"Right, I will now divide you into pairs. Mina, Michelle, Amy, Lita, Jessica, Emily Beth, Molly, Melvin, Raye, Amara, Madelyn, Serena…"

Madelyn zoned out as Ms Haruna carried on and thought about how Serena was going to make her do all the work.

She was soon interrupted by a loud jolly voice. "Yoohoo! Howdy partnerino!"

Madelyn looked up to see the blue eyed girl sit down, her two odangos fluttering about.

"Hey Serena. Do you have the collector's case?"

Serena rubbed the back of her head, trying to make an excuse.

"Uhh .. what? I don't know."

"I will have to get it then." Madelyn stood up and collected one. She tugged on Serena's odango, motioning for her to follow.

"Quiet down class!" Ms Haruna barked. "All clues are cryptic. The first one you have is "Stars so bright, ever so light."

Madelyn nodded and pulled Serena out the classroom, leading her towards the science lab. She ignored Serena's whines as she opened the door and felt an unusual power.

Serena wrenched her hand loose and ran inside, squealing as she found the first crystal.

"Madelyn! I've found the first crystal."

"Let's have a look then Serena." Madelyn took the crystal from Serena and read its label.

"Coral." Serena made a bleh face as Madelyn carried on. "This represents the planet Mars."

Madelyn lifted up the case lid as Serena placed the fiery red coral gently onto the case's soft material.


They smiled at each other and headed out of Lab 1 as the coral glowed brightly.

"What is up with this? I thought crystals were powerless." Serena asked quietly, seeing it float into mid-air and disappeared as Raye approached.

Raye saw what happened and looked strangely at the pair.

"Did that crystal just disappear meatball head?"

"Never call me meatball head!" Serena sweat dropped and whined a little as Madelyn spoke.

"It was weird, you came towards it and it disappeared. Its natural planet was Mars."

"I found one of the crystals earlier in another science lab. It was Diamond and as soon as Mina came close, it did its little trick and disappeared." Raye explained, feeling Amara's hand tugging her hair.

"That must mean then that the crystals disappear as soon as they meet their planet scout." Madelyn deduced.

Queen Aries cackled softly as she stared into her orb, her finding spell working a treat on the local high school.

Two crystals floated nearby, shooting close as she summoned them. Her daughter Garnite hovered nearby, a smug smile on her face.

"I need energy. Coral, Diamond, draw energy from your scout! Give me the power!"

Raye and Mina groaned a little as their energy was drained, leaning hard on their partners.

"I don't feel so good." Mina said quietly, regretting the two subway meals she had for breakfast. Raye agreed and breathed heavily.

"I sense a dark presence."

Queen Aries laughed evilly, as the crystals let out a bright blast of energy, the scouts slowly reappearing in their shiny shells.

"Sailor Mars, Sailor Venus. You are now mine forever. Mwhahahaha."

Garnite stepped in front of Queen Aries and the woman glared at her affectionately.


"Garnite, get the other crystals and the scouts. I want their lives and the rule of all the galaxy to be mine!""

Garnite bowed her head humbly, grasping her hands together as black energy surrounded her.

"Garnite power, summon the life crystals and trap their owners. Peace, Illusion, Mercury, Moon, Jupiter, Seraphic, Neptune and Uranus. Swap their forms for ten willing sacrifices of our kingdom. Make up!"

Queen Aries forever looked in her orb, seeing the scouts disappear from their surroundings, the ten sacrifices taking their place.

Ten crystals floated in the air of the Aries kingdom, reflection of light making them dance as hidden girls lurked inside.

Luna, Artemis and Eclipse sat at the Cherry Blossom Shrine, waiting for the others when they saw the group heading towards the arcade.

"That is strange. There's something different about them Artemis, like they're normal teenagers again." Luna told them, slight worry being hinted in their voice.

Eclipse let out a sigh and mentioned Madelyn.

"I've seen Madelyn talk to these invisible people and she always mentions the word "Garnite." It is highly irregular."

They quietened down and sat in thought, the chilling sun blowing through their furs.

Queen Aries felt the slow rejection of her children's life sources, their host bodies rebelling against the alien being.

"My children, find a safe place. Leave your body in spirit and return to the underworld." She saw them deep in the woods, one by one collapsing as black sparks of energy shot into the sky.

She turned to look at Garnite and her crystals, feeling their attempts at contacting their guardians.

"Foolish scouts."

Luna looked up at the sky as she heard the lost words of Neo-Queen Selenity.

"When evil shows weakness, weakness triumphs."

Luna called into the midnight sky. "Why?!" only to hear it echo. The reply she got was ever so distant.

"They will find themselves my dear Luna, do not be afraid anymore."

Queen Aries fell from her throne, holding herself up on all fours as she sobbed quietly. She remembered each of her children, a tear shedding to the ground in memory.

The tear dropped in slow motion, the ten crystals glowing luminously in pink as it formed a new crystal.

Each side was a different colour, representing each life source used to make it.

The air shuddered as Queen Aries looked up to see a male scout in combats, a variety of different coloured stripes across his chest as he brandished a henshin.

It was small with a smooth handle, a moon connected to the tip with gold. Its handle was covered in all signs of the scouts as the man looked pitifully at the crying woman.

He pushed it into his waistband, already transformed as Super Scout Destroyer.

"On behalf of the kingdoms I was made to protect, I will defeat you! Scout Power Blast!"

His hands shot out, the palms aimed at Aries as a rainbow of colours hit the old lady, weakening her quite badly.

"Time to destroy you once and for all creep! Ultimate Scout Blast!" A bright white light covered the area, hearing Aries screams as she was destroyed.

The white light diminished as the crystals scattered to the floor. The Silver Crystal flashed and sent the crystals back to the woods.

Each one penetrated the still bodies, a hush in the air.

"I'm hungry." Mina and Serena uttered, waking the others up from their doze.

"Let's go for a burger!"

Garnite watched from the bushes, a smile on her face. She thanked the scouts quietly for healing her and walked away towards a new life.