Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon T ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sailor Moon T Name List
 
Japanese Hero Alias
Karasu Kageno Raven Raven
Hoshi-Hi Starfire Koriand'r
Kuro-Hi Blackfire Komand'r
Takaoka Chikyuu Terra Tara Markov
Shouri Iwa Cyborg Victor Stone
Rounin Chiba Robin Dick Grayson/Tim Drake/Jason Todd
B.B. Otani Beast Boy Garfield Logan
Kylie Tsumetai DJ Ice Kylie Roselyn Lockhart (OC from T.A.)
Jinx Tsumetai Jinx Jinx
Kali, Oonushi Kali Meredith (OC from Ravenous)
Tani, Oni-Shi Slade Death Stroke
 
Sailor Senshi
Name (Japanese) Planet Sailor Soldier Name
Ami Mizuno Mercury Sailor Mercury
Minako Aino Venus Sailor Venus
Chibi-Usa Tsukino Lunar (Earth's Moon) Sailor Chibi-Moon
Usagi Tsukino Lunar (Earth's Moon) Sailor Moon
Rei Hino Mars Sailor Mars
Makoto Kino Jupiter Sailor Jupiter
Hotaru Tomoe Saturn Sailor Saturn
Haruka Tenoh Uranus Sailor Uranus
Michiru Kaioh Neptune Sailor Neptune
Setsuna Meioh Pluto Sailor Pluto
Mamoru Chiba Earth Prince Endymion
 
Characters might be subject to change through the course of the story, depending upon when they are introduced.
 
 
 
oOoOoOoOo
 
 
 
Sailor Moon T
 
Crystal Tokyo Era
Crystal Tokyo
Lunar, Earth's Moon
 
“Hurry up, or you'll be late!”
 
The words the princess lived by being shouted through the large doubles doors that led from her bedroom to the hallway, the sounds of irritation quickly filling the fire senshi's voice, as the young odango atama scurried about her room, attempting to finish the last minute touch ups before she would enter the ball room on the other side of the castle. The Prince of Earth was to make an appearance today, and it filled the young princess with anticipation. Adjusting herself in front of a large oval shaped mirror, the blonde patted down her dress firmly, before turning from the glass and toward her door. Before the princess could place her slender digits upon the handle, a sudden spark would expand within her mind, halting all movement within her body and freezing in place.
 
Curious sapphire hues would shift from her door to her window; veils suddenly opening by the wind, glass parted outward, leading to her small balcony with a view of the galaxy above, stars and planets in full view during the crystal clear Lunar night sky. The girl's legs moved on their own, her form shifting through the parted glass while the light knocks turned slightly more forceful though would drown into the background, becoming faint and distant. Cerulean hues would search amongst the countless stars and planets above, to the universe above. A small light suddenly faded from existence, just as the young princess' eyes fell upon it, widening slightly. As if feeling the very planet or star loosing its shine, slender digits were brought to her chest. Her lungs caught the quick inhale, gasping at the vision that suddenly flooded her eyes.
 
Confusion would suddenly bring her reality to a halt, while an explosion filled her small ears. Panic. Chaos. Both sounds echoed through the hallways, with more explosions. Screams suddenly filled her ears, along with the sounds of battle. Serenity quickly made a dash for the exit, but the large double doors had already opened, with the princess of Mars forcing herself inward, back toward her princess, while holding a mystical bow made completely of her fire energy.
 
“Princess!”
 
Her eyes motioned toward the balcony, hopefully toward another exit since the one they currently attempted to use had suddenly become flooded with the enemy. Still unaware that her once peaceful kingdom had become flooded with creatures of the night, Princess Serenity hesitated, making it the most costly mistake of her life.
 
“SERENITY!”
 
From behind the fire senshi, a black tentacle shot outward, passed the Princess' protector, and straight for the white gowned Serenity, wrapping tightly around her midsection. Within the split second of action, the blonde was instantly lifted into the air, and almost yanked straight out of the room.
 
“Mars Flame Sniper!”
 
At close blank range, Sailor Mars charged up a fiery arrow, and tore straight through the thick black limb, severing the rest, and giving the princess a rough fall to the floor at the door's entrance.
 
“Princess, get back!”
 
The blonde quickly attempted to skid her rear across the marble flooring while at the same time, ripping the dead tentacle that still seemed to twitch on its own accord.
 
“Yuck!”
 
“Get up Serenity!” The senshi of fire quickly shouted, while taking aim toward the door again. Several more outstretched limbs shot through the remainder of the doorway, tearing the old wood to shreds.
 
“Eep!” The princess quickly scooted further back across the marble flooring, coming to a stop when her back reached the wall next to the balcony exit. “There's no way out!”
 
“The balcony, my princess!”
 
Another arrow made up of flame scorched through the tentacle limbs that attempted to attack, with pieces falling to the floor with a thud, then dissolving completely. Though Serenity didn't hesitant the second time around, time did cost her greatly.
 
“AH!”
 
Just as she reached the edge of the balcony, her weight partly leaned over the edge, the blonde turned in horror to the female scream of her royal court. Sailor Mars instantly dropped the flamed bow, which vanished the moment she let go and grasped the upper thigh that currently held the sharper end of a tentacle straight through it. Scarlet stained the white floor, and suddenly sprayed outward when the limb was retracted, ready to take aim once again.
 
“MARS!”
 
Gritting her teeth, the senshi of Mars staggered back onto her good leg, while bringing her hands out in front of her, clasping them together quickly while extending her index fingers, attempting to ignore the pain. A shadowy figure started to peek through, the silhouette of what appeared to be a half humanoid half demon-like creature. The tips of her fingers glowed with a red spark, while she drew upon her planetary energy, her eyes half lidded with beads of sweat upon her forehead.
 
“Fire Soul!”
 
An explosion of fire erupted from her finger tips and a ball of flame spiraled toward the door frame, smashing into the chest of the creature before he came into full view. Dark violet hues widened further when the creature walked onward, through the smoke, as if the attack were nothing. Six feet tall the black armored creature stood, humanoid in appearance, though held six tentacle-like arms total. Four retracted into his back, while one on each side pulled back from their tentacle-like arms into normal, human-looking arms. Attired in battle armor, the creature held sinister yellow hues, and a sadistic smirk. His eyes never left the fire senshi, who already flicked her wrist, summoning her bow of fire.
 
“Mars…”
 
A flick of her right hand would bring forth the spiraling flame that encircled the mystical arrow, summoned forth by the fire senshi.
 
“Flame…”
 
Before she could even pull the arrow back all the way, the creature attacked. With a quick throw out of his right and left arm, the four other tentacle-like arms shot out from his back, all shooting toward the fire senshi. Two smacked into her chest, sending her flying into the wall. Before she could fall, two others wrapped around her wrists, holding up with her legs dangling below her. Blood dripped from her right leg while her face winced from the pain though continued to glare hatefully toward the creature that slowly made its way toward her. When he made it into the center of the room, his head turned sadistically toward the princess of the moon, who trembled under the immense stare.
 
“Princess Serenity,” the creature spat out with a deep, scratchy voice. Mars growled in disgust that the creature would dare to mention her princess' name in her presence. Her arms pulled harshly against the restraints, but the kept her well in place, her fighting completely futile. Serenity kept her back against the balcony, her sapphire hues shifting from the creature, to Mars, then back to the creature again. Hesitant, the girl shifted her view to beyond the balcony behind her to the battlefield below.
 
Like a whip, however, the man's arm smacked at the princess' chest, completely knocking her over the edge, sending her spiraling into a screaming fall to the long drop below.
 
“PRINCESS SERENITY!” Mars screamed, her eyes filling quickly with rage, her arms working even harder to escape, but to no avail. “LET ME GO!”
 
“Aren't you a fiery one?”
 
The creature grinned while turning back to the senshi of Mars. Closing the distance between the two, the creature let its tentacle arm caress the girl's cheek. Like fire against her skin, Mars pulled away, receiving a painful slap across her face, stinging her cheeks and leaving a nice red mark in its place. When Mars attempted to scream out in rage, she was greeted by a familiar sharpened tentacle that had pierced her leg earlier, which still dripped of her blood. With her voice silenced, her eyes twitched with rage even still, her throat letting out a low growl. Letting out a snicker, the humanoid-demon creature brought its arm back, preparing to spear through the girl's skull.
 
“Say goodbye, princess of Mars.”
 
 
 
oOoOoOoOo
 
 
 
Chapter 2
 
Present Day
Hiwaka Shrine
Minato-ku, Japan
 
 
Ebony strands were brushed aside, while the black haired miko leaned up against the large post structure that kept up the front half of the shrine. The raven haired girl was attired as a priestess, wearing the traditional white and red colored kimono. She let out a tired sigh, while finally placing the broom to rest, being able to enjoy a leaf-less walkway to the steps of her shrine, free of trash and debris. Her violet hues regarded the tall, olive coated man walking in her direction, with his hands in his black slacks. She smiled when the man finally approached the stairs, the two sharing a moment of silence while standing next to one another.
 
“Looks good, Rei,” Mamoru stated honestly, while over looking the front yard of the shrine's estate. “Your grandfather would be proud.”
 
“Spare me the sympathy, Mamoru,” Rei replied coldly, then shifted her eyes downward sympathetically. “I'm sorry, but I tire of everyone thinking I can't handle this on my own.”
 
“I never said that, Rei,” the future prince of Earth said in his defense.
 
“I know,” the priestess sighed. Suddenly feeling the need to change the subject, the miko lifted her gaze. “I got a call from my father earlier in the week.”
 
“How'd it go?” Mamoru barely knew of the relationship between Rei Hino and her father. He, himself, had never met the man. He had seen him once on television; Usagi had pointed him out. He was in politics, but that was all the information Mamoru had on the guy.
 
“It went well,” Rei stated, while turning to face him. “It was a productive conversation.”
 
“Productive?” Mamoru turned to the girl in confusion, and Rei let out a sigh.
 
“He convinced me to sell the shrine,” Rei finally let out the one secret she had been holding in for far too long. “I can't afford to keep it running now that my grandfather's gone, and my father won't help to sponsor.”
 
“Rei, if it's a money situation,” Mamoru started, thinking of a list of suggestions in order to keep the shrine running. Rei stopped him before he could go on, raising her hand while she interrupted him.
 
“I've already made up my mind, Mamoru,” the priestess confirmed. “I can hardly take care of myself right now, let alone an entire shrine. My father says he can get me started in the entertainment business, where he started when he was young.”
 
Rei let out a sigh, while she leaned more of her weight against the stone pillar, her head hanging low and her eyes locked upon her feet.
 
“It's funny,” she sighed while she closed her eyes. “I can now see why my father never came to visit me when I was young. It was too painful for him. I look around this shrine, and all I can think of is my mother and my grandfather. I can only imagine how painful it was for him when my mother died.”
 
Rei felt an arm around her shoulder and instantly shrugged it off, pulling away and wiping the tear that nearly fell. Mamoru held in the sigh, while he watched Rei build an invisible barrier around herself, similar to the one he had seen when he first knew her.
 
“So how's Mamo-chan doing?” Rei asked suddenly, in a mock `Usagi' tone, attempting to completely change the subject a second time while she attempted to collect herself. Mamoru hesitated for a moment, but allowed the change to occur.
 
“Fine,” he related. “I just dropped Usagi and Minako off at the new arcade downtown while on our way to lunch.”
 
“So you got ditched for video games?” Rei chuckled. “Just like the odango-atama and Mina to rush off after the first mention of games.”
 
“Yea,” he attempted to smile at Rei's own fake smile, knowing good and well that the senshi of fire was falling apart on the inside. Like Hotaru, Rei had built a wall around her. He couldn't figure out just what triggered the change. It had happened so slowly, he himself hadn't noticed until just recently how bad it was until Usagi had complained she hadn't seen that much of Rei, aside from their meetings at the shrine. It could have been when her grandfather had passed away, but Mamoru had a feeling it started much sooner than that. Her grandfather's death was so recent, the entire inner court would have noticed the difference. “You want to join me for lunch, since I was so easily pushed aside for the gaming market?”
 
“There's still a lot I have to do here,” Rei stated firmly, her eyes shifting toward the double doors that lead into the shrine. “I'm sure Usagi and Minako will be more than a handful when you pick them up for dinner.”
 
“You could join us,” Mamoru suggested, desperate to pull Rei back to her normal self. She shook her head at the request.
 
“I appreciate the offer, Mamoru,” the miko replied, her lips still forming that forced smile. “But after I get everything done, I'll be too tired to change, let alone go out.”
 
“Then how about we pick up Makoto on the way, and we have a dinner here,” Mamoru made another attempt after being shot down twice. There was no reply from the miko, so Mamoru tried to persuade the priestess in not being alone another night. “Usagi has been saying she hasn't seen much of you, and it could be a good idea to-”
 
“Stop it, Chiba. Stop it right now.” Rei's voice was as cold as the autumn wind that blew several leaves suddenly back onto the pathway, making the priestess' work almost meaningless. “I know what you're trying to do, and I appreciate it, but I'm fine. I don't need anyone to watch over me, I'm just going to be too tired tonight to deal with anyone. Was there something else you wanted to talk to me about?”
 
Mamoru quickly took the hint to once again change subjects, and this time to stay on that changed course. The miko was always good at pinpointing when her friends were troubled, and Mamoru still hadn't relayed the real reason he stopped by.
 
“I saw someone today,” Mamoru stated in a serious tone, his hands finding their way into his pants pockets. “It was strange. Though it was only for a moment that I saw him driving off, I felt some sort of strange connection … or familiarity, I can't tell which.”
 
“I see,” Rei replied after she gathered her thoughts together, bringing her small fingers to her chin. When it was apparent that the two words were her only reply, Mamoru continued.
 
“I was hoping you could ask the fire about it,” Mamoru proposed. “I'm not sure what kind of connection there could be, but I'm sure-”
 
“I can't,” Rei's voice was as bitter as before. The miko turned her back to the future prince of Earth, while her shoulders pinched together. “I haven't received a response from the fire for three months. I'm sorry, but you'll have to find help some other way. I can't help you, Mamoru.” Rei walked a few more steps up the stairway, distancing herself from the prince.
 
“Tell Usagi and Mina to call me tomorrow,” Rei offered without looking over her shoulder. “I have a meeting with my father in the morning, and I'll have to fill out a bunch of paper work, but if they want to see me, I'll be back at the shrine after that.”
 
Mamoru nodded even though he knew Rei couldn't see it. Mamoru turned to leave after Rei departed through the double doors, leaving her broom against the stone pillar she had leaned it against. The man sighed while he placed his sunglasses back over his eyes.
 
`Three months,' Mamoru thought to himself as he walked back up the pathway. `That's when Rei's grandfather died.'
 
 
 
oOoOoOoOo
 
 
 
“What are you talking about?” Makoto asked on their way to the park, carrying a gym bag over her left shoulder. “Mamoru and Rounin look nothing alike, aside from the same hair color. Mamoru's a lot taller, and bigger while Rounin's basically the complete opposite; short, thin and scrawny.”
 
“It's all in the eyes,” Ami replied simply, nodding her head in a-matter-of-fact way. “Their eyes are very similar to one another.”
 
“Minako and Usagi have the same eyes, and their not related,” Makoto smirked with a roll of her hand. “There are a lot of people with blue eyes, Ami, even you.”
 
Ami shook her head in response as the group stopped at a cross walk. The two waited for Muteki and Rounin to cross in front of them before they continued their quiet discussion.
 
“The way they portray themselves happens to be similar as well,” Ami said when the walking light lit up and the group crossed the street to the park. “Additionally, Mamoru's parents passed away when he was young as well.”
 
“Coincidental,” Makoto replied with a shrug. “Why are you so hung up on this?”
 
Ami blinked, turning to the back of Rounin, who currently begun to practice a weapon kata with a bo-staff using swift, fluent motions. The blue haired woman shook her head while adjusting the glasses over her eyes.
 
“Call it a hunch,” Ami finally answered, just as Muteki called Makoto over to begin their training. Ami took a seat underneath a tree, picking up where she left off in her book.
 
 
 
oOoOoOoOo
 
 
 
Teal strands were brushed aside, while her tongue dabbed her index finger and brought another page to the other side, dark cobalt hues blinking twice before focusing upon the small print within the book. Michiru leaned back against the lawn chair, while the shade from her umbrella kept her protected from the bright sunlight bearing down from the heavens, with minor clouds sometimes shading over her back lawn. With the cool winds of early autumn keeping the hot sun at bay, it was a good time to enjoy the weather and what better way to do that then to spend the day outside? Setsuna was somewhere in the house, and from the sounds of a car pulling into the driveway, it appeared that her quiet afternoon would come to an abrupt halt.
 
“Michiru!”
 
The sounds of the pink haired chibi echoed all the way from the driveway, the teal-haired woman placing a bookmark to keep her spot while Chibi-Usa rushed from the other side of the house with Hotaru in tow. The taller woman smiled to the two children, pulling herself from her slouched position and moving to sit sideways on the chair while facing the two.
 
“How was your day at school?” she asked as the two reached the grass line, putting her book onto the table to the side while lifting the drink that sat next to it.
 
“Hotaru's only in two of my classes,” Chibi-Usa wined with a pout. Michiru smiled at the girl while taking a sip from her cube filled glass.
 
“That's because Hotaru tested in advanced classes and passed them all,” Michiru explained, then turned to the purple haired girl with a smile. “She's very intelligent for her age.”
 
Hotaru smiled with a light flush on her cheeks, her eyes finding their way to the ground while her feet shuffled along the grass.
 
“Haruka said I was stupid!” Chibi-Usa brought up suddenly, looking up to the princess of water with tear-filled eyes. “She said that if I became princess, the future was doomed!”
 
“Oh really?” Michiru arched a brow just.. “Don't worry, little one, I'll talk to Haruka for you.”
 
“Tattle-tale!” Haruka held a half grin with her racing jacket hanging over her right shoulder. “I was only joking with you, Chibi-Usa.”
 
“Well, I didn't find it funny,” Chibi-Usa stated while sticking her tongue out at the elder teen. Haruka rolled her eyes while Chibi-Usa grabbed Hotaru's hand and rushed the two inside. The blonde turned to watch the two go while Michiru forced herself to a stand and walked her way over to the racer.
 
“The circuit called earlier today looking for you,” Michiru said as the two made their way to the front of the house. Haruka gave a puzzled look while bringing a hand to her chin.
 
“What did they want?” she asked curiously, usually never receiving a phone call before a race unless something bad happened.
 
“Something bad happened,” Michiru repeated the thought in Haruka's mind. “They wouldn't inform me of what, but one of your mechanics went missing the other day. They said they had to find a quick replacement and simply wanted me to relay the message to you.”
 
“Great,” Haruka stated thick with mirth as she opened the garage door next to the house. “Another rookie.”
 
“Another car?” Michiru blinked twice, pausing while she noticed a brand new shiny red convertible sitting where her dusty blue sedan should have been. “What happened to the old one??”
 
“Let's not worry about the old one,” Haruka grinned in memory of overheating the engine just as she won the race. “I won this especially for you.”
 
 
 
oOoOoOoOo
 
 
 
Chibi-Usa placed her backpack on the floor, while her stocking feet slid across the wooden panel floor of Hotaru's room, all the way to the rug that was placed just before her bed. She let out a childish laugh at her own antics, while hopping from one foot to the other, turning to face her violet haired counterpart.
 
“I heard there's a new arcade that opened up where Crown used to be,” Hotaru informed the girl while she neatened up her room, folding the clothes Michiru had washed for her. “Some big corporation called Hoshi-Hi Industries bought the land, knocked down the old building, rebuilt and renamed it.”
 
“Hoshi-Hi Industries?” Chibi-Usa repeated slowly, then brought a small hand to her chin in thought. “Why does that sound familiar?”
 
“You might be thinking of its sister, Kuro-Hi Corporation,” Hotaru suggested with a roll of her hand, then started to place her folded clothes into her dresser drawers. “I think they're owned by the same family, and they're both in the entertainment business. One works with movies, while the other is strictly games.”
 
“Wow, you know a lot, Hotaru,” Chibi-Usa mused with a smile. Hotaru paused and flushed out of embarrassment.
 
“Well, you do force me to watch a lot of television,” she informed the girl, then finished putting away her clothes. The television in Hotaru's room suddenly grew louder, with bright flashing advertisement gathering the two chibis attention. While letters of Sailor V flashed by the screen, Chibi-Usa's eyes brightly widened with excitement, already knowing the commercial to be played.
 
“Puu!”
 
Setsuna had already been walking by the partially opened door of Hotaru's room. She paused, then turned back, pressing her palm to the door to open it.
 
“Is everything alright, Small Lady?” Setsuna asked. The excited look on Chibi-Usa's face was easy to read, appearing as if she were going to explode if she didn't say something. Her eyes traveled to the television, where an advertisement of an upcoming Sailor V movie was to be made in Tokyo. Kuro-Hi Productions seemed to be in charge, and currently searching for new actors and actresses to star in the movie. The eldest of the senshi smiled, then nodded her head to the pink haired child. “Whatever you say will not effect the future in anyway.”
 
With that, the green haired woman turned, leaving the two to their playful antics. Chibi-Usa immediately turned to Hotaru with a grin spread across her lips.
 
“What is it?” Hotaru finally asked, feeling as if the girl would burst at any moment. She let out a laugh, then finally announced what had her so excited.
 
“Minako's gonna star in the new Sailor V movie!”
 
 
 
oOoOoOoOo
 
 
 
“Thank you,” Karasu stated to the clerk, passing him the coins for the snack she purchased, then stepped out the bell-ringing door out onto the streets of Tokyo. She unwrapped the food item with her left hand, while her eyes became fixated in the unfolded book in her right hand, easily finding the spot in which she had left off. She took a bite out of the energy bar, then continued to follow along the side walk way, stopping at the intersection just before the park.
 
Without having to look up, Karasu walked through the crosswalk just as the walk signal lit up, halting traffic on both sides while lines of people passed on by her. She continued until she reached the dirt pathway of the park, slowly making her way through, her eyes having never left the book. Another chomp at her energy bar, and she threw the wrapper in a nearby trash can, her tastes now satisfied. A karate-like shout gathered her attention, her eyes lifting from the book momentarily to view Rounin training in the park with a long wooden Bo-staff, along with his master and a female student. Seeming too fixated upon his training, Karasu decided to wait until it was over, taking a seat next to a tree and leaning against the trunk, letting the book rest in her lap while she continued to read.
 
“Edgar Allan Poe?”
 
Karasu's eyes raised to meet cobalt hues behind a pair of glasses, and short dark blue hair. The girl smiled from her sitting position not too far from Karasu herself, and shifted the book she had been reading for Karasu to read the title; “The Fall of the House of Usher.” Karasu smirked in reply, arching her knee up while her right elbow rested upon it.
 
“It's rare to find someone who enjoys reading old English Literature,” Ami stated, while looking at the book Karasu held. “What story are you reading?”
 
The Raven,” Karasu stated rather ironically enough. “You know of Poe?”
 
“It's one of my hidden passions,” Ami confessed with a blush, while her hand drew to her glasses. Her eyes shifted down to her book then back to the girl. “What's your name?”
 
“Karasu,” she stated while extending her hand. “Kageno, Karasu.”
 
“Mizuno, Ami,” the blue haired girl replied while shaking the girl's hand firmly. “Karasu … like the book?” Karasu nodded, then retracted her hand. Another shout from the side would bring both intellects attention to the two in training. Ami turned back, noticing the hint of familiarity in Karasu's eyes. “Do you know them?”
 
“Rounin's a friend of mine,” Karasu stated before she turned back to face Ami. “I believe the older is their master, but I don't know who the girl is.”
 
“Her name's Makoto. She's friend of mine as well,” Ami stated. Short, dark violet hair, thick lilac hues, pale skin tone; Ami noted the similarities between yet another complete stranger and a reincarnation of the Silver Millennium.
 
“Do I know you from somewhere?” Ami was interrupted from her current line of thought, as Karasu tilted her head and her eyes focused more on the girl's face. Ami hesitated a moment before replying.
 
“Um … I do not believe so,” she replied, though it seemed the girl caught on to her anxiety rather easily. Her lips pulled downward while she leaned in closer.
 
“I have a habit of remembering many things, and your face is one of them,” she said as she moved closer and closer, forcing Ami to move back. A sudden thought of being linked to Sailor Mercury flashed by her mind, but she quickly dismissed the thought with a shake of her head. Their planetary magic usually kept their identities a secret, even to their enemies, unless of course they transformed in front of them. Ami knew she was always careful when transforming in haste, but was it possible she had been seen.
 
She let out the breath she had been holding when the girl shrugged carelessly and retreated to her book. Ami followed suit while the martial artists thirty yards out continued their weapon training.
 
“Very good, Makoto,” Muteki announced, after the girl spiraled her thick saber around in a slicing motion, bringing her legs back into a cat-like stance while the blade was angled upside down to block an invisible strike. Her hair was tied back, so it wouldn't get in the way of her field of view. The martial arts master then moved to his other disciple, nodding his head in approval while his staff swung swiftly around his body, then cut straight through the air and came mere inches from smashing against the soft grass. “Very good, Rounin.”
 
The two were dressed in the same white gi top and black karate pants, which made for easy maneuvering, and a swishing sound every time they kicked or stuck with their fists. Both shared a black martial arts belt around their waist, holding two red strips around the tips. Muteki wore a black gi, with red lining along the sides, with a matching pair of pants. He held no belt around his waist, only a strap to hold the katana sheath in place at his left side. His large arms were crossed over his chest, slowly weaving in and out of his two students, observing them for any mistakes they could make; which they still hadn't. Muteki smiled at the thought, though kept his face completely stoic. He was proud of his top pupils more than any others he had trained. They had accomplished more than even he had at their age, mastered the art of two weapons each, and currently working on their third.
 
“Hopefully, you'll be able to make it to the next tournament, Makoto,” Muteki stated honestly, causing the girl to falter slightly in her movements. “I'll let you know as soon as I get the announcement when the date for it is.”
 
“Thank you, sensei,” Makoto quickly grinned, while swirling her saber around for an upward block to an imaginary opponent, then formed a cat-like stance with her legs with most of the weight leaned on the back. There were very few people in the park, a casual pair of couples walking along the pathway, a few parents with their children, and the occasional one or two people simply walking through, enjoying the comfort their walk in the park gave them.
 
As Makoto came down for a slice mark that would have split an enemy in two, the ground shook, forcing her balance to send her into an awkward tumble to the ground. Rounin's leg shot back to keep his balance, and Muteki's eyes instantly turned behind him, toward the female scream that followed suit. Several people came rushing from the southern part of the park, women holding their children in their arms with horror-filled expressions. Makoto quickly gathered herself together, while her eyes shifted to Ami. The blue haired genius nodded her head, then turned toward the screams. Before anyone could take action, however, a pair of youma attacked.
 
 
 
oOoOoOoOo
 
 
 
End chapter 2