Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon: the Enemy Next Door ❯ Chapter 18

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 18
 
The scouts were at the commandant's office, and he showed them a map of the city. “Okay, here's the deal: this quarter of the city has been taken, and they are slowly taking more and more territory. The soldiers there are only able to slow the advance, but not stop it. The SEALs and Green Berets are on their way to aid you, but the President has been briefed about you…”
“The President?” they all shouted.
“I had to tell them we had something,” said the commandant, “the Special Forces can only do so much, and I had to tell them who you were, what happened before, and why you have what it takes to stop them.”
“This is going to make OCS a bit sticky,” said Ceres, but the commandant then said, “Son, you'll go through like everyone else, but, believe me, if you serve your country well, you can get whatever assignment you want, and I would do all I could to keep you here for these kinds of things.”
Moon was a bit suspicious, and she said, “Where are you going with that?”
He looked at them and said, “For this mission, you all just entered the United States Navy. For you to do this with our help, you have to be official. Congratulations, everyone, save you, sergeant, now has dual citizenship.”
They all looked at him stunned. He then said, “Your ranks shall be officially recognized, and, truth is, Tom, this would make OCS unnecessary for you, but it would be better if you went when it was time. Until then, you are an actual gunnery sergeant in the corps. Jupiter, technically, you would outrank me, but the President has said for you to be subordinate to learn command from me until that time you would be ready to take command. Thus, your word would be second only to my own. Tuxedo Mask, how good are you at covert operations?”
“It's one of my specialties,” he returned.
“I thought that might be the case,” said the commandant, “Therefore, you are officially an ensign, assigned to the ones in white. That is your capacity, is it not—naval intelligence.”
Pluto said, “You can say that.”
“Good, now, let's get to it!”
 
Everyone was letting this sink in as Ravalli went over the intelligence, and what they faced. “By the time we get you there, the city will be half overrun. They are taking a south to north path, and they seem to be coming from the terrorist stronghold, right here. Intelligence tells us that they may have gotten to this point. I propose a two-pronged attack, sending in one to deal with the monsters, and another to take care of the terrorist cell. The Green Berets will assist with the city assault, while the SEALs will aid you in the terrorist camp.”
“I assume it's because of the sea approach to the terrorist camp that you are doing it this way?” said Ami.
“You've got a sharp eye, kid…ahem…I mean, lieutenant,” answered the commandant. Ami then said, “Ceres, I would suggest that you go with the outer scouts, and they go with the seals. They would be best equipped for the job.”
“Sounds good to me,” responded Ceres, “How are we going in?”
Ravalli called on his intercom, and in came a burly looking man wearing the rank of lieutenant commander. “This is Lt. Commander Sikes. He leads SEAL team 2. You are going to do a SCUBA assault, and he shall now take all of you and brief you on what will happen next.”
“Look out, junior frog men!” joked Ceres, as they went their way.
Ravalli then said, “The rest of you are going to be taken to an Air Force base where a Special Forces group are waiting for you, and they are going to give you—if you'll pardon the unintentional pun—a crash course in airborne assault.”
Moon then said, “You…you mean, jumping out of a plane?”
“That's exactly what I mean.”
“Um…I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely have a test I need to study for…” and she tried to sneak out, only to be confronted by Bunny, saying, “If I'm willing to do this, you are too! They aren't scared. Are you?”
All the inner scouts looked pale, and she said, “That doesn't help, guys!'
 
The inner scouts all arrived at the airbase, and they were met by a team of men in battle dress uniforms, all decked out in what the Army calls “full battle rattle,” and berets of green. Moon then said, “Those look so neat! There are some outfits that it could go with!”
Mars then said, “I don't think they're fashion statement!”
All of those men seemed fit, but not big. This was surprising to everyone, and Venus had to ask, “I figured that you would be big, burly men?”
They laughed at the cute girl, and Captain Peters, (man in charge,) said, “That's what everyone thinks. Actually, that gets in the way for the things that we do. However, every one of us is physically fit and trained to face any foe.”
“Well, be ready, captain,” said Jupiter, (Venus acting as interpreter,) “Because these are not your average foe.”
“Then you'll have to tell us what we face as we tell you how to do this,” said the Captain as he prepared to give them the course. After about a half-hour, the men told them, “Remember all this, because if you go out of line at any point, your legs are going to end up in your shoulders. This is designed to get you to the ground as fast as possible without killing you. It's not a recreational jump!”
Now Moon REALLY did not want to be here! She started to try to tiptoe away, and Mars grabbed her by the pony tail and pulled her back, saying, “I got to do this—you got to do this!”
Then Peters said, “Normally, because of the nature of the mission, we would have you put on these uniforms. But since this is urban warfare, it would not matter much. So, let's get the packs on you, and let's load up.”
They put the packs on, but Mercury and Moon seemed weighted down. Peters said, “Don't worry, you only have to wear it long enough to get out of the plane.”
However, Chibi Moon was on her back like a stranded turtle, as she said, “Um, is there a kid size?”
 
The outer scouts and Ceres were flown into another area of the Philippines to prepare for the scuba assault. When they arrived, a map of the area they were going to assault was shown to them. Lieutenant Sanchez began to brief them as Ceres translated: “Okay, here is there stronghold. They have situated themselves on the top of this cliff right here. Our intelligence shows that they have outposts on several of the points. They are armed with AK-47's and grenades. Our intelligence shows that they may also have mortars, but that has not been confirmed. Before things started, they showed about a battalion of terrorists running the place. However, reports came in that some weird man with a goatee and black Shakespeare kind of garb came in and started running the place. That was the first indications that monsters were moving in, and that's all we have.”
“Where is the agent?” asked Pluto.
Sanchez just stared at her, and they all got the point. Uranus then said, “What do you need from us?”
“You are to infiltrate, find out their defenses, radio back so we know what to go in with, and follow up behind you.”
“If that's the case, you boys need to be going in with some heavy ordinance if it's what we think,” said Neptune.
“That's pretty obvious, if the news reports are accurate,” said Sanchez sarcastically, “However, for what we are about to do, those uniforms are not going to cut it. All the white in them is going to make you stand out like a zit on your first date!”
With that, some of the men started asking their sizes, and tossed them some jungle camouflaged one-piece flight suits to cover what they wore. Sanchez then said, “There is a small rocky beach right here. Once the sun sets you shall swim in, toss your gear, and I hope you guys can scale rocks.”
“That should be no problem,” said Uranus.
“What about her?” Sanchez said, pointing to Saturn.
“I can handle it!” Saturn said firmly.
“Right,” Sanchez continued, “Anyway, in this watertight box is the transmitter for these ear buds. You can feed us a continuous amount of information, and that way we can know how to follow up. Once you have given us the information, wait for the call, and when we have achieved the beach, take out the defensive points, and then create as much havoc as you can. We'll be right behind you.”
“Thus, our purpose is to take out the base while the other team cleans up the city?” asked Ceres.
“That way, they cannot be reinforced, and if it is bad enough, we can come up behind like the cavalry,” said Sanchez with a smile, “I'm sure that will get your blood flowing, devil dog!”
“Speak for your self, Long John!” said Ceres as they laughed. Once they got the utilities on, they were then shown how to use the scuba gear, and they were told to go get some rest before the fight. They would be given the specialized wet suits at that time and begin the assault.
 
On the plane ride, Peters was explaining the situation, “Now, the latest intelligence shows what we suspected. Half the city has been taken, and it is certain that they intend to take the whole place. This terrorist group has been seeking to take the Philippines for some time, and now they must think they have the means. We're going to be dropping in here, and the six of you are going to be assigned about five men a piece. However, their tactical error is that they took that part of the city, but kept on moving without securing it. Thus, they have created a front heading for the city square right here, and if we can move in through these streets here, we can catch them by surprise and take them in order.”
Mercury looked around, and asked, “Where are your weapons? I hope you don't intend to use your 16's, because those things may laugh at it.”
Peters then smiled and said, “For the SEALs and us Green Berets, they brought back something better!”
With that, he produced an M-14 assault rifle. “This thing fires a 7.62 mm round with a lot of power behind it. She can go full auto, and when you get hit by this, you don't get up. However, because we are fighting what we are fighting, these are not the full metal jackets. These are actually hunting rounds you could buy at a sporting goods store. They will mushroom when they hit, and those things are not going to be enjoying life.”
“What happens when we engage?” asked Venus.
“If we find ourselves bogged down,” said Peters, “and if the SEALs have done their thing, they'll be helping us out.”
A light came on that said that they were near the drop sight, and all the Green Berets hooked up ready to go. The scouts hooked up, and Moon looked terrified, as did Venus. Peters saw this and said, “Are you two scared?”
They both nodded, and Peters said, “So am I!”
They looked at him all funny, and he then said, “If you are not scared, your head is not in it, and that could get you killed. This is not a natural act, and what we jump into may not be so nice. I'm more worried about getting hit before we hit the ground.”
That made them look even more scared, and he then said, “At least you won't be scared of the jump!”
He began to laugh, but they were not really feeling very funny! The jump light came on, and the back end opened up. Moon and Venus wanted to dig their heels in, but the massive push from the ones behind them virtually tossed them out of the back of the plane. The chutes all opened and they were drifting. Immediately, the fires, and what little power still ran to the city, highlighted the square, and the area where they sought to drop. Indeed, they were dropping faster than they would have been comfortable, but they remembered what they had been told, and prepared to land.
 
A fishing boat common to the area was chugging around to the area for the drop, and the outer scouts with Ceres were in their tanks and wetsuits, however Saturn and Pluto had their weapons. Sanchez said, “I can see the saber, if you can keep it out of the way, but those things have to go, ladies. This is a covert mission, not a spear fishing expedition.”
“And I am afraid you do not understand the nature of what we carry,” said Pluto, “They are needed.”
“How are you going to get those up the cliff?” he asked in surprise.
“We have our ways,” said Pluto in return, “Fear not.”
“Okay,” said Sanchez, as they saw him suiting up.
“You're coming?” asked Uranus.
“You need someone on the ground that knows the area well,” said Sanchez, “The U.S. Navy is not going to send in someone fresh to this kind of thing without someone experienced to supervise.”
“Welcome to the fight,” said Ceres, and once all ready, they were over the gunnels.
 
Tor was approaching the square, and he was laughing his fool head off. The silly humans thought they could match him with their puny weapons, and now they had all fled. There was nothing to resist the trail of destruction they were leaving. However, because he had not been brought up to date about the warfare of this time, (in that, in the futuristic type of things they had in the Old Moon Kingdom, certain tactics became obsolete,) an airborne assault was the last thing on their minds. However, the 8 or so humans that were brought to lead the hit squads noticed the plane flying low overhead. However, when they tried to warn Tor, he told them to shut up and keep on working. He did not see the parachutes off in the distance. Meanwhile, they all landed—more or less—safely. Mercury landed like she had done it for years, considering she had already calculated precisely the bend in her legs that she needed, and the twist in her waist and roll, to land safely. However, Moon ended up hung in a street lamp, and she was screaming for Tuxedo Mask to get her down. He just laughed and said, “Use the cutlass, Dumpling Head!”
She just gave him a dirty look as she pulled it out and started to cut. She was only a few feet from the ground, but she still managed to land on her rear! Worse, Chibi Moon was just now coming down, and she said, “Hey, can someone stop my drift?”
She was so light; she might as well have been doing a recreational jump. Venus came up with her chain, and whipped it around her waist and pulled her down before she drifted right into the foe. Once everyone was down, the men were parceled out, and they were on their way. However, Moon could not help notice Mask, and what he was carrying. “Um, Mask-chan, why are you carrying that?”
He had one of the M-14's and some load bearing equipment on him. He then said, “Hey, against youma, there is only so much a rose can do. I'm not foolish.”
“That's why I love you!” she said, and gave him a peck on the cheek for luck. With that they were on their way.
 
They managed to get ashore with no issue. Immediately, they shed the wetsuits as Sanchez set up the radio. Ceres strapped the saber tightly to his thigh, and had his pistol ready, as Saturn and Pluto strapped their weapons to their backs. Sanchez readied his Uzi, knowing that he would be grabbing what the enemy had once they were able to gain it. Ceres kept a lookout to be sure that they had not been spotted, and they moved in. The wall was only 40 feet that they had to climb, but they had to be careful and not be heard. Carefully and stealthily they made their way up. Everyone looked so different in the camouflage outfits, as well as the face paint—things which they never thought they needed. Sanchez then whispered, “OCS is going to seem like a cakewalk for you after this!”
Ceres smiled and gave a thumbs-up. They neared the top, and there were two men in a machine gun nest that had a .50 cal., and two mortars. Sanchez wondered what the two long arms were going to do, but he soon found out. Once they had a good grip, the two pulled off the weapons, waited until their backs were turned, and hooked their necks as they pulled them out. They had no chance to scream because of the surprise with which they had been hit. They were dashed on the rocks and then drifted out to sea. With that, they were over the edge quickly. They realized at that point that each spot that overlooked the water needed to go, because, if they all had mortars like this, it could get ugly for those coming behind. Sanchez attached a silencer to his weapon, and said, “We have to take out each point, quietly and carefully.”
Pluto and Saturn went one way, while Neptune, Jupiter, Ceres, and Sanchez went the other. Saturn and Pluto saw only two more positions, and Saturn went down to the end. When she got there, they both ducked low, waited for the men to turn their backs, then went up, used their glaives to pull both men down, and quickly pummeled them, having surprise on their side. After tying them up and gagging them with their own head scarves, they jumped into the holes themselves. Meanwhile, the others saw the other two points, and he signaled for Neptune and Jupiter to get the further nest. Ceres snuck up, and then jumped up, put his left hand on the man's mouth, and slit his throat with the saber. When his partner turned to react, Sanchez opened up. All that was heard was the sound of the bullets as they whizzed into their target. It was enough to get the last nest looking around, and that was when Neptune came out. She said, very sexily, “Hello, boys,” and sauntered up as she slowly began to unzip her top. Both men, who had not seen women for a bit, were mesmerized, but it would be the last thing they would see, as Uranus came up with her own sword and finished them off. Once that was done, they took the position, and Sanchez radioed back that the perimeter was secure, and to send in the rest. He then told the others to talk using the ear buds, and be ready to advance. It was then that Saturn looked at the mortars, and she said, “Could we not use these?”
Sanchez smiled and said, “I love the way you think, kid!”
 
In the city, each squad was moving up quickly. Before they split up, Tuxedo Mask said, “Let the outer scouts take on the youma and draw them out. Once in the square, hit them with all you have.”
Now, each squad had a road or alley looking at the square from which they observed, and where they set up defensive positions. With that, the scouts moved out. Mars then said, “Well, do your thing, Moon!”
“I thought that you didn't…” but Mars sighed and cut her off, saying, “We have to get them out somehow!”
Tor was about to move into the square with his men, when he saw Moon standing on the monument, saying, “Attacking an innocent city filled with innocent people to push your evil, twisted vision is unforgivable. I, the pretty soldier in the sailor suit—Sailor Moon—guardian of love and justice: in the name of the moon, I shall punish you!”
“You by yourself, silly girl?” asked Tor.
“HER, AND THE UNTIED STATES ARMY, DIRTBAG!” screamed Peters. However, he held his fire, letting the scouts have the first volley. All the scouts fired at Tor, and he screamed in pain, though they were only flesh wounds to him. However, taking him at that point was not the intent. It was to draw out the youma and their human leaders. They began to flood the square—about a battalion of them—and the girls were letting loose with all they had. They started to fall back, and Tor thought, “So, I see you see you're outmatched! And what happened to, `I shall punish you?'”
He did not realize that he was walking into a trap. As soon as they had backed up a certain distance, Peters said, “NOW!”
The girls hit the deck, and gunfire came from all angles. Youma started to scream as they were being riddled with high power rounds designed to drop large animals, and things like them! Peters, after the initial volley, saw them start to split into the streets with what was left. It was then that each squad made their way after their targets. With the enemy in disarray, and the scouts and soldiers in control, the youma were now dropping like flies. Each girl's new attacks were stunning their foes, and the soldiers would come in for the kill. Venus was letting loose with her Crescent Beams, and in the confusion of the flash, the soldiers made short work. The human leader tried to jump her, but she wheeled around and beamed him. All that was left was a pile of ash. The soldiers shouted, “HOOAH!” as they were now pumped up by the sight, and mowed down the few remaining youma. In each case, it was similar. In each case, the girls were getting the better of the human leaders, and then throwing the youma in disarray as the soldiers followed up. One ended up on the wrong side of Mars Sniper, while another had a shocking experience, and still another wound up a brittle Popsicle. Chibi Moon freaked out her attacker with her pyrotechnics, who then found himself riddled with bullets. What would be surprising were the actions of Sailor Moon. At first, she really did not want to be there. However, when she saw the destruction around her, and the dead and wounded citizens, whose only crime was that they did not match some madman's ideals, she snapped. Moon Twilight flash was vaporizing youma and terrorist alike, and to the point where the soldiers said, “Hey, leave us with something!”
The final terrorist was trying to make a run for it, but he soon found himself on the ground nursing a bad cut on his arm. He was taken prisoner, and they had to calm her down before she went postal.
 
Tuxedo Mask was working with his squad, chasing Tor and his crew into the square. Tor could take them easily, but he wanted to bring it out in the open to spread out the foe, and then take them that way. Unfortunately, he walked right into the scouts. They shot off their attacks to put down some confusion so that the soldiers could finish off the youma, considering that all the squads were together now, and were able to overwhelm the remainder. Meanwhile Tor, seeing that everything was falling apart, went for the scouts, considering that they could not get him with their attacks. “You couldn't get me before, what makes you think you can get me now?”
However, they were not apart, but standing together, cutlasses drawn, prepared for the Bismarck attack, as they shouted, “LUNAR SHOCK CANNON!”
Tor was big, tough, but apparently, unlike Ragna, seemed to have the proverbial glass jaw. He had prepared himself to be strong against the average attack, but not against this! He screamed as he turned into a million energy pieces, and then vanished. Everyone then met in the middle, and then Jupiter said, “Hey, if it's secure here, why don't we give the others a hand?”
“That would work,” responded Peters, “I don't think our commanders expected this. I guess they didn't understand your firepower.”
“Shall we show some others, then?” asked Mask.
With that, Peters gave the command to requisition any military vehicles that had been brought in the initial defense of the city, and then to load up and prepare to lay assault on the terrorist base. They all knew that it was a bad day to be one of those.
 
Back at that particular base, Sanchez had quickly briefed them on how to aim the mortars, and they all sat ready. As soon as they saw the SEAL team moving up onto the beach and storming the cliffs, Sanchez said, “Operation Bedlam, go now!”
Rinn was sitting on his throne, happy that the plan was going forward. Once the Philippines were his, he began to muse how it was that he should listen to Lin-Lin, Sark, or anyone for that matter. He would have an army, and it could go from there. Why work with them when you could rule the world yourself? The answer came when an explosion went off on his roof, blowing a large hole into it. This was followed by a volley that was tearing up the camp. People were screaming, and youma were shrieking as the mortars were doing what they were intended to do. As the trucks approached, they heard the explosions, and they all wondered if they were doing an off-shore bombardment. As soon as the SEALs had breached the cliff, an all out assault began. Uranus and Neptune were bowling down targets with their attacks, more than what Rinn would have anticipated coming from a scout. Pluto and Saturn were working their glaives with proficiency, letting loose with Silent Wall and Dead Scream when they were able to get off a shot. About that time, the trucks arrived, and now they were caught in crossfire. It was then that Ceres noticed that Saturn was running after someone.
 
Rinn had seen that the gig was up, and he then tried to make a run for it. Saturn saw this and went for it. However, she was soon surrounded by youma, and she was frantically trying to fight them off. She parried one particular blow, but it knocked her down, and it seemed she was through. However, Ceres yanked her out of there, but not at a cost of a bad gash on his chest. Disregarding that, he charged forward with Meteor Shower and Tsunami Attacks. By this point, the fighting had almost stopped, and it was then that Peters and Sanchez had seen what Ceres and Saturn had done. By this point, he was engaging Rinn himself, but he was losing blood and weakening. Rinn then said, “You fool! You may have one this fight, but I'll be back with worse, and see what it cost you. You shall pay for your lack of vision.”
Out of nowhere, it was heard, “SAILOR MOON BODY ATTACK!” as she dove at Rinn, who was about to run Ceres through with a rapier. It knocked him down, but he was up first, and he had his blade again. He smiled, saying, “Ah, Princess Serenity! It has been a long time. Too bad this won't be a long reunion!”
He raised his rapier, but just as he thrust it forward, he found a saber in his own chest, as Ceres found the rapier in his own. “Your vision ends here!” said Ceres as both collapsed.
 
A sad silence fell over the area in which that fight had taken place. Moon was crying, begging him to get up, but Ceres was barely alive and slipping away fast. “SOMEONE, DO SOMETHING!” screamed Moon, but Pluto came up with Saturn, and Saturn said, “But you can do something, and with my help.”
It was then she remembered her own skills, now that she had the tool she needed. Saturn started to close his wounds as Sailor Moon held out the scepter, saying, “MOON HEALING ESCALATION!”
Suddenly, Ceres coughed, and his eyes fluttered open. He was bloody, but Moon did not care, as she embraced him, happy that he was alive. Jupiter came over also. She had been in tears moments before, but now they were tears of joy, as she hugged him, planting kiss after kiss on him going, “BAKKA! Why do you have to be so brave?”
“Oorah,” he said as he pumped his eyebrows up and down.
She looked at him, smiled through her tears, and said, “Shut up and kiss me!”
As they kissed, the scouts were applauding as all the soldiers and SEALs cheered at the sight. “Let's get back!” said Sanchez, “I think it's fiesta time!”
“Roger that, sailor,” said Peters, as everyone cheered again, and loaded up to go.
 
 
 
7