Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ SailorMoon: Disappearances ❯ Questionable Intrigues ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Read previous chapters!

Sailor Moon, Disappearance

Chapter Three: Questionable Intrigues

A new day dawned on the city of Tokyo, but all was not bright and cheery. Setsuna sat on a chair upon the balcony of her house, brooding.

That is not an unusual sight for the senshi of time, but what was unusual is the fact that she was in full uniform, and sitting in broad dawn. But she was not concerned, because it was near the Time anyways, and nothing will change that.

Frowning, she looked into her Granet Orb for answers in this mystery that has happened to her Queen, and like every time, there was no answer.

Being reborn from the future has a curious effect, Pluto thought. Every citizen of Crystal Tokyo is given an education, no matter what background they came from. Every education includes at least a brief history course, and of course, the major events like the enemies that the senshi fight would, or rather, had fought. But this, the Queen being absent for the Time, it was never recorded! Only a few people could have pulled a change in history, and the Queen was not one that can do so without help...

"Morning." A silent voice said behind Pluto as she whipped around, Garnet Orb in front of her.

"Hotaru." Pluto calmly stated before turning back into her 'normal' form. "Why are you up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep, feeling what I felt."

Setsuna cocked an eyebrow and asked, "What do you mean?"

"I could feel the Darkness approaching…" Hotaru whispered, glancing out to the stars, looking for her Guardian planet. "And Her Light is dimmed against the Gray-lit skies…"

Frowning, Setsuna takes out the Orb again and looks into it. A mist fills the garnet, and a piece of the future revealed itself to Setsuna.

------Flash forward Sequence-------

The Earth, with 4 blinking points around the world, radiating darkness and light…

The Harp, Bow, Mirror, Sword, Orb, Glaive, Wreath, Chain; all glowing within a circle. Suddenly, they fly towards different directions, disappearing.

A small ball; a child's toy, comes rolling within sight. A boy's giggle from an unknown source, and the ball explodes to reveal…

------End Flash sequence--------

Setsuna whirled from the vision she was sent. The Orb sometimes sent her those flashes of definite future. Things that WILL happen, no matter how hard someone tries to stop it. The fall of the Silver Millennium was one thing that stood out in Setsuna's memory of something she wanted to change, but was unable to due to destiny.

Then there were those that ARE changeable, but will create a different set of consequences. Minor stuff, like heading left or right at a corner, can be changed, as long as it doesn't interrupt destiny.

"Did you see it?" Hotaru's voice broke through her thoughts. "The Light and Darkness striking a balance? My final release?"

Setsuna whipped her head to stare at Hotaru. "What do you mean 'final release'?"

Hotaru smiled mysteriously and said "Don't you remember the lecture I told you about Saturn?"

Setsuna's eyes widened as she realized what her phrase implied. "Melinda…"

Hotaru smiled at Setsuna and said "Not really, but I remember the way I love your eyes widen when you get stunned."

"But, how?" Setsuna asked, trying to shrink the size of her eyes.

"You still don't remember?" Hotaru asked, a bit shocked at the memory lapse of the time guardian. "Remember I once told you that all Saturns carry part of their planet with them? Well, we Saturns can choose to leave our 'descendants' something of ourselves'. Melinda choose to leave her 'soul', if you will, as an eternal guardian. When I came of age, I gained access to the full potential of Saturn Power, thus gaining my… 'gifts'."

Setsuna looked at the purple/black hair senshi besides her in wonder. Becoming an eternal guardian was like her guarding the Time Gates, eternally aware, yet in Saturn's case, she did not have to be alone to perform her chosen duty.

"You said something about release…" Setsuna asked, curious as to what she knew about the future.

"The Gray Queen is beginning to awaken…" Hotaru said with a look of longing. "Or maybe She already has, but the timing is more than precarious."

"The Gray Queen?" Setsuna muttered, trying to probe her memories on information on that person.

Besides her, Hotaru giggled. "I guess my theory that the infinite Pluto doesn't have infinite memory space is proven."

Setsuna frowned. "Oh be quiet."

"But if you don't know yet, you'll know about it soon enough… I bet your Time Gate on it. Oh, by the way, I think you might want to buy some stocks under my name. I heard that the stock market is going to be booming for a while." Hotaru said, smiling at the side joke she said while returning inside to her room, leaving a slightly annoyed and quite stunned Setsuna standing where she was.

"I have GOT to find out how she does that…" The Time Guardian muttered to herself before shaking her head and preparing for the rest of the day, thinking about buying some stocks, just in case.