Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Scouts in america ❯ Zero hour: A guilded destiny ( Chapter 26 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sailor Moon Scouts in America #26 Zero Hour: A guilded destiny.

Sailor moon is the property of Toei (I guess) the American names are the property of DIC. All new characters are mine except for the guilded rose and Jake Slater. They're the idea of my friend AOL nickname gcl1969

ZERO HOUR. FOR MOST PEOPLE IT MEANS THE END. BUT FOR SAILOR MOON, JAKE AND JAROD IT MEANS A TIME OF CONTEMPLATION AND REMEMBERING.

"My name is Jake Slater. But my name used to be Jacana of the Sovereign Protectorate during the moon kingdom." Jake says.

He remembers how big the group used to be. They would all gather in one place when a new threat would arise.

"What's up Jacana?" One knight asks.

"We got a strange slime entity attacking the moon kingdom. Shouldn't be too difficult to get rid of." Jacana responds.

"Before Queen Beryl came along, there was another time where the moon kingdom was almost destroyed. A group of parasites that take control of their hosts invaded." Jake says.

A wounded knight comes up to Jacana.

"What happened?" Jacana asks.

"I don't know what happened. I had one of those slime balls cornered and someone cut me in the back. I didn't see who did it thought." The knight responds weakly.

Jarod pulls the knight's arm away from the wound and winces when he sees all the blood.

"We need some help big time over here." Jacana yells.

The moon kingdom soldiers rush and take the knight to try to save his life.

"What could have done that to him? Those slime creatures aren't solid enough to make such a sharp blow." Jacana wonders.

"I had no idea of the horror in the explanation." Jake says.

"What's going on?" Jacana asks running.

"Another guard has been found dead. He was brutally decapitated." A knight responds.

"This is getting more and more mysterious. The slime creatures can't be responsible for all this." Jacana says.

Later that day Jacana is prowling the garden looking for any sign of the slime creatures. Suddenly one of the guards appears in front of him.

"Yes? Can I help you?" Jacana asks.

The Knight doesn't answer and instead draws his sword.

"What the heck?" Jacana yells and pulls his own.

They clash their swords.

"What is your problem soldier? How dare you attack me?" Jacana asks angrily.

The soldier drops his sword and starts screaming. After a few seconds the soldier falls to the ground and doesn't move. When Jacana feels for a pulse, he finds none.

"Oh my god." Jacana yells.

He turns the guard over and yelps when he sees a strange entry wound in his back. The blood is dried so it had been awhile since it happened.

A thorough looking over of the dead guard's body and a blood sample is done.

"This is strange. His blood has been tainted by something but I can't tell what." A scientist says.

Suddenly the test tube with the blood explodes. The sample scatters around the floor and escapes.

"Uh okay that was interesting." Jacana says.

"It looked like it was alive. Could something be living in people? Could that be what is causing these murders?" The scientist asks.

"This is weirder than I have ever seen so I am not ruling out anything." Jacana responds.

"I wonder where that thing went now?" The scientist says.

The creature crawls into the palace and merges with one of the guards.

"A week later most of the guards had been killed and a lot of the Sovereign Protectorate was badly wounded." Jake says.

"The time has come to celebrate the coming birth of the heir to the throne. To make sure that this kingdom will never die." A squire says.

"Serena was almost not born." Jake says.

Queen Serenity is lying in bed sleeping. The door opens up silently and a guard sneaks in. The guard takes out a knife and slowly walks towards the bed. He raises the knife up. The light suddenly comes on and a guard is in the door.

"What do you think you are doing soldier?" The guard asks.

The attacking guard stabs Queen Serenity and takes off. He runs right into the other guard and knocks him down.

"Oh my god. The Queen has been hurt bad. Bring some healers in her now." The guard yells.

"Throughout the night it was touch and go on both the Queen and the baby." Jake says.

"We are going to have to cut her open and take the baby out." The doctor says.

"But the baby is 2 months premature." Another Doctor says.

"If we don't take the baby out now it may never be born." The first doctor says.

After a few minutes the doctors take out a bloodied female baby. The baby cries to the delight of the doctors.

"She is going to be okay." The doctor says.

"Good now let's save her mom." The other doctor says.

Meanwhile Jake is watching the whole thing worriedly.

"I wasn't there to protect you my queen. If you die then I will hang up my sword." Jacana says.

Hours later the queen is lying in bed with her beautiful new daughter on her stomach. A knock sounds at the door.

"Who is it?" Queen Serenity asks.

"It's the knight Jacana. He wishes to talk to you." A guard responds.

"Send him in." Queen Serenity says smiling.

Jacana comes in and bows.

"My queen. I wasn't there to save you. I accept any punishment you see fit." Jacana says.

"Oh stand back up you fools. Neither you nor your men can be everywhere at all times." Queen Serenity says.

"That attempt on the queen's life wasn't the last." Jake says.

Queen Serenity is giving a speech. Jacana and the other protectorates are watching out. Over the last week they have learned to look out for anybody. Including guards. Unseen by them all a slimy creature crawls up into the guard general.

"The moon kingdom has never been greater. With an heir our future is even brighter than ever." Queen Serenity says.

The general stands behind the Queen and draws his sword out. Something in Jacana's mind makes him want to go and check on the Queen. Jacana sees the guard with his sword.

"Hey you. What are you doing?" Jacana yells.

The Queen looks around. Jacana rushes for the general but he grabs the Queen and puts his sword to her throat.

"Don't take another step or I will finish off your Queen." The general says.

Jacana stops and holds his hands up.

"What do you want?" Jacana asks.

"I want your energy." The general says in a deep voice.

His eyes glow brightly.

"You are that slimy creature that attacked awhile ago aren't you? You must be a symbiote type creature." Jacana asks.

"We are the xerk. We only want energy and hosts to keep us alive." The symbiote responds.

"Please don't hurt our queen. I promise that if you let her go that we can make a deal." Jacana says.

The symbiote's hand wavers and finally lets his hand down.

"We find that acceptable but double cross you and us will pay." The symbiote says.

"The zerks helped us a bit in the battle against Queen Beryl but nothing could save us." Jake says.

Queen Beryl picks up a knight and chokes him to death.

"You are supposed to be the protectors of this kingdom? Don't make me laugh." Queen Beryl asks.

"After Queen Serenity sealed away Queen Beryl and the negaforce, the only people left of the protectorate was Jarani and I." Jake says.

"Even though you created a scandal with my daughter I am still granting you immortality. You will be reborn on earth along with my daughter and her friends." Queen Serenity says.

"Thank you my Queen." Jarani says bowing.

The Queen uses the crystal one last time to seal the two knights away and send them to their destiny on earth.

"God speed and take care of my daughter." Queen Serenity says then goes limp.

"I did not know of my past like you did when I was born. To me I had no previous life. Or at least one that had anything to do with the moon kingdom. That all changed when I went on a treasure hunt with a friend of mine." Jake says.

Jake and a friend are walking through the woods.

"Do you really think that this power really exists?" Jake's friend asks.

"That's what I want to find out." Jake responds.

They find a small temple and enter it. Jake sees a crystal and steps towards it. The crystal glows brightly.

"Uh Jake I wouldn't touch that if I were you." Jake's friend says.

But Jake is in some kind of trance. He sees that the crystal is in the shape of half of a rose. He touches it and a transformation comes over him.

"Uh Jake?" Jake's friend asks.

"No I am the Guilded Rose now." The Guilded Rose responds.

"Uh okay. I think I want to go home now." Jake's friend says walking out.

Jake's friend yells and runs away.

"Yes you are now the Guilded Rose. You have been chosen as half of a team of two to protect this earth from evil." A voice says.

"Half? Who's the other one?" The Guilded Rose asks.

"I don't know. Unfortunately I lost contact with him. You will know him when you see him however." The voice responds.

"Yes I knew who tuxedo mask was when I first saw him. I just didn't know what our destiny was together." Jake says.

"Time slip forward. 3 hours left."

To be continued...