Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Setsuna Meiou: Lady of Time ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Setsuna Meiou: Lady of Time

By Senshi Songs

 

 

A/N: A comparison/side-fic to Moonlight Densetsu Book One: Sailor Triton, which I plan - somehow, somewhere in the story - to be Setsuna-centered, but found it impossible, which means you'll need to wait until Moonlight Densetsu Book Four: Sailor Charon before it becomes completely Setsuna-centered. Therefore, Setsuna Meiou: Lady of Time was created for all of you Setsuna fans out there. This is like a profile-fic, which centers around her life. It's entirely short, and I plan to make for all the Senshi; please bare with me.

 

Setsuna/Queen Serenity warning!

 

Setsuna Meiou: Lady of Time

-* A One-Shot By Senshi Songs *-

 

Infinity and immortality; those two words mean nothing to me. I have all infinity and immortality I need, guarding the Gates of Time. I have no friends except for the Senshi and Prince (or should I call him King?) Endymion. The three Mooncats, Artemis, Luna, and Diana, all named after the Goddess of the Moon, Artemis, who was the sister of Apollo the Sun-God, watched over them as Queen Serenity, Neo-Queen Serenity's mother, told them to…like she told me to.

I have waited for eternity to finally watch the Princess of the Moon-Queen emerge from the depths of Tsukino Usagi, and it is only now that she has found her true self. It was due to me that things happen the way they do; why is it that I do not get the credit I need? Or is it want? Mamoru, Rei, Mako, Minako, Ami, Haruka, Michiru, and Hotaru helped her find out this truth that stayed within her as I watched for the moments of her life.

I, as the Guardian of Time and all that is encrypted with the Meiousei planet, have nothing to give the princess but the life her mother lived while her time before she sacrificed the Sacred Jewel… Serenity…my lonely heart longs for you.

I remember when you were still alive that I spent my time away from Meiousei just to be with you. Meiousei's jewel was within my heart, and therefore I could not love another, but I forced myself to love you. I, as the Time-Lady could do nothing but watch as your heart longed for me when Meiousei finally gave up the jewel and placed it within herself. It took me night and day to figure out a way to get the jewel out of my mother star - planet, I should say, but isn't Meiousei just a star in the galaxies the same way… - and one day I did - but I needed to sacrifice my Garnet Staff for the more powerful Garnet Orb. I did so, and Meiousei was proud. She gave back my Staff, and she gave me her permission; I could then spend my time with you.

But she was too late; by the time I had gotten back to the Moon-Kingdom, you were dead…and I wept. I wept. I WEPT! And for what?! YOU! The painful memory is sketched within the garnet layer of Meiousei as I continue to guard it, and every night and day I look at it, remembering you, my love.

Meiousei weeps every time it goes into orbit with Kaiousei. Now that Dosei has awakened from her slumber, the space continuum has been ruined. DOSEI WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO AWAKEN! Her awakening was caused because the Moon-Kingdom had been destroyed!

I was naïve to believe that you would return one day, my love, and now I know you never will.

Even though I am Setsuna Meiou, Guardian of Meiousei. Even though I am Setsuna Meiou, Lady of Time.