Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Soldier Moon ❯ A Mysterious Talking Bird! Kevin and Sean Henshin! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I don't own Sailor Moon.
 
Kevin Tsukino- male, white, 14, dark brown eyes, strait dark brown hair, 5' 9”
Lane- male, hispanic, 15, brown eyes, wavy black hair, 5' 8”
Sean- male, white, 15, hazel eyes, light brown hair, 5' 8”
James- male, white, 15, blue eyes, spiky blond hair, 5' 6”
Terell- male, black, 15, dark green eyes, short shiny wavy black hair, 5' 10”
Addrian- female, white, 16, brown eyes, long wavy brown hair, 5' 7”
Bryan- male, white, 17, brown eyes, messy thick brown hair, 5' 10”
A Mysterious Talking Bird! Kevin and Sean Henshin!
Hey. I'm Kevin Tsukino. I'm 14 in the ninth grade. I'm in little dense and clumsy at times. That's about it.
-BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! -
“Oh shoot!” I tossed the sheets off of me as I jumped out of bed and looked at my watch. “Its 7:40! Oh man, I gotta hurry.” I rushed of my room door and headed downstairs when I realized I have nothing but boxer shorts on.
“Oh man...” I made a U-turn back into my room. I threw on a t-shirt and some jeans, kick on my shoes and turn back out of my room. I jumped down the stairs. My mom is cooking something. My dad is at work. My brother, Tommy, 11 years old, was on the couch playing video games. Mom is taking him to school.
“Itte Kimasu!” I said as I ran out of the door.
“Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh. I need to stop oversleeping like that.” As I run down the street I saw a white bird with black wings standing in the street. A `Black Shouldered Kite bird. I kept walking expecting the bird to fly away, but it didn't so I kneeled down to the bird. “Hey…c'mon over here.”
It slowly walked up to me. … I got tired of waiting so I reached my hands out. It still didn't move. I picked it up.
“Would'ya look at you. Why is there and band-aid of your forehead, hm? Lemme' see.” I took the band-aid off and was amazed. There is a small silver crescent moon of the bird's forehead.
“Is that a- bald spot? A crescent shaped bald spot on your forehead? Hm…"
I saw my bus pull up at the intersection further down the street.
“Crap.” I put the bird down. “I'm gonna miss my bus talking to you.” I ran at full speed to the bus. I made it just as everyone else at my stop get on. I got onto the bus and sat next to my friend Lane across from our friends Kevin, and Bryan.
Lane sucked his teeth at me.
“What?” I asked.
“Kevin, you always miss the bus or barely catch it.” Lane said.
I can truly say that Lane is my best friend. I've known him for about 2 years now. He's really cool and funny. I don't know if I should say he's a preppy type of person… but he's definitely a pretty boy. Nonetheless he's a good friend.
“So?” I said.
So you need to get up earlier.” Terell said.
“I'm tryin' to-” I started to say.
“Tryin' to do what?” Terell interrupted.
“To get up on time but I'm not...the morning type of person.”
“You aint no kinda' of person.”
“You know what Terell-”
“Girlies, stop fightin'.” Bryan said. “You know better.”
Then there's Terell and Bryan. They're good friends as well. Terell is a tough person. He doesn't mind getting down the bare knuckles if that things boil down to. Bryan...is loud. And wild. He has a small habit of smoking and can sometimes be really annoying. Haha. But we all like him though.
Lane hit my on my shoulder. “Hey, guess what I got?”
“What?”
“Fifty dollars.” Lane answered
Fifty dollars?” I responded.
“Yup. From my granddad. That's what...fifty more dollars than you have isn't it?” Lane bragged.
“I think you owe me ten dollars.”
“For what?” He asked.
“I helped you cut your lawn the other day.”
“I don't think you even cut a shrub.”
“What? I did almost half that yard.”
“Kevin, you couldn't go five feet without saying stuff like `I'm tired', `my arms hurt' or `it's too hot out.'”
“I don't remember that…”
We arrived at school. The bell rang for class to start. I made my way to Math class. I dreaded walking through that door though. The previous day we took a test. I am no Einstein at any kind of math…or English or geography. I walked into class and took my seat.
“You know we get tests back today don't you?”
My friend James was across from me. James was very much the skater boi type person. Skateboarding and hockey are his favorite sports. He even has his own garage band that consists of him, his older brother, and three more people.
“Mm hm. Maybe Ms. Haruna didn't grade `em yet.” I said.
“Maybe…” James said.
“Lets hope.”
Ms. Haruna walked into the room with a handle full of papers. She stood in front of the class, behind her desk.
“Darn it.” I said under my breath.
“Too bad, man.” James put his hand on his chest. “I know how you must feel.”
“Class.” The teacher said. She failed to get everyone's attention. “Class, up here please.” She said with a slightly raised voice. No use. She was getting impatient. She picked up a nearby ruler and slammed it against her desk, it broke. “SHUT-UP!”
All the chatter lowered to silence. They were quite now. She smiled.
“Glad to see everyone smiling faces today.” She said perkily. “As you well know, I have test to pass back to you all.”
I crossed my arms on my desk and laid my head on top of my arms.
“Now, some of the grades were just unacceptable. We have here…4 A's, 7 B's, 11 C's, 2 D's-” she sighed, “-and 1 F. Grades range from ninety-nine to-” she sighed a second time, “ a thirty.”
I buried my face in my arms.
She walked around the class, giving people their papers. James and I were the last to get our papers. Ms. Haruna walked up to my desk. “Is there a reason why you continue to fail my class, Kevin?”
“Mmm…” I said. I kept my face in my arms.
“Very well.” She put the test on my desk and gave James his. I picked my head up and looked at the test. There was a giant red 30 in the upper right hand corner.
“A thirty!” I yelled. The class looked at me. “So you're the one who got the thirty, huh?” A boy asked.
“I don't even care anymore.” I said. James got up to look at my test.
“Kevin, how did you miss that question?" He pointed. “It so easy.” James asked.
“Lets see your test.” I demanded. He handed it to me.
“Eighty-five…? Every now and then you get lucky, I guess.” I handed it back to him.
“Can't say the same for you, though.” He responded.
“Thanks.” I said.
“Not pretty, my friend.” James said. “Not pretty.”
Class ended. I said bye to James as I went to my next class. On my way to class I passed buy the snack machine. There was a long line, but I really wanted some cookies. I decided to wait. The line was not moving. At this rate I was going to be late for my next class. Eventually I was next in line when my friend Sean showed up with a handful of books. We both had keyboarding next.
“Sean! Sean! Wait up.” I said. I went up the snack machine and put in the change I had in my pocket. I pressed the two buttons and the smallest bag of cookies fell down. I reached in and grabbed it. Sean was still waiting for me at the corner.
“Sean, I have something to show you.” I pulled out my math test and gave it to him.
“How did you get a thirty? How did you miss this question? It's so easy.”
I snarled and took the test back. “The whole test was too hard.”
“I'm taking tenth grade math and accelerated English and I don't get grades like this.”
Sean is a genius. He was the only ninth grader who was passing tenth grade math with flying colors. He spends a lot of his time studying. Not to be confused with some kind of geek, although he wore glasses.
The bell rang.
“See, now were late.”
“Ah well.” I opened the back of cookies I bought and grabbed a hand full. -Crunch…crunch- Sean looked at me.
“What? I gotta get `em down before we go to class.”
“Well, I'm gonna have to go so I wont be late to class okay? I'll see you.” He said as he left for outside. The keyboarding class building wasn't connected with the rest of the school. As he left a blue floppy disk fell out from on top of his books. I reached down and picked it up.
“Oh yeah. Our keyboarding teacher gave up this to everyone in our class yesterday for studying…to bad I forgot to bring mine.” I put it in my pocket. “I'll give it back to him later.”
I finished the bag of cookies as we walked toward the double doors to the outside of school.
“Wait.” I said to myself. I turned around the tossed my crumbled test around a corner. “Just had to get rid of that.”
“What am I supposed to be? Your trash bag?” I heard a voice say. I turned back around. A girl came around the corner. She was almost as tall as me. Definitely in 11th or 12th grade. She had light brown eyes and long wavy dark brown hair that ended at the middle of her back. She was even kind of pretty…really pretty.
“Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were there.”
She lifted up the test paper. She had straitened it out.
“Wow a thirty. Are you stupid or you just don't care?
“I care very much, thank-you.” I took back the test and stuffed it in my pocket. I turned around and left outside.
“Who is she supposed to be? Askin' me if I'm dumb like I'm gonna jump and be like Yeah, I am. What is her problem?”
I walked outside for a while and we arrived at the small building where Keyboarding class was held.
I was about to enter when I saw that same white bird I saw this morning beside the building.
“Oh my gosh, that's the same white bird I saw when I left for the bus this morning. What is it doing? Stalking me?”
The bird hopped up to me. I kneeled down. The bird walked strait into my arms without hesitation.
“I see that bald spots still there. Ha ha.”
“Its not a bald spot.” It said.
“AH!” I screamed as I dropped the bird and jumped backward. The bird fell to the ground and landed. It then turned around and jumped onto a metal chair, then onto the metal table in front of it. It turned around to face me.
“Thanks for dropping me.” Said the bird.
“Are you serious...” I said.
“I'll forgive you for that. Anyway, I have very important things I need to tell you, Kevin.” The bird said.
I took a couple steps back. “How do you know my name?”
“No need to be frightened. I want to thank you for removing that bandage from my forehead this morning. I can't talk and my sensing abilities are dulled and my crescent moon is blocked off like that. My name is Artemis. I am a Black Shouldered Kite bird.” The bird spoke on. “I've been following you for some time now and I'm positive that you are a Soldier Scout Warrior.”
“Soldier Scout Warrior?” I said.
“Yes.” Artemis replied.
“As in, fighter?” I asked.
“Yes.”
“Super hero?”
“Exactly.”
“OK.” I said.
“You are Soldier Moon. One Scout of a four Soldier Warrior team”
I clapped my hands. “I'm a Soldier Warrior, I cannot believe it!”
“You don't believe me do you?” Artemis asked.
“Ohh, I believe you, I believe you.” I said.
“Good, well then I have something for you.” Artemis hovered into the air and flapped its wings very quickly before lowering back to the ground.
“Nice trick.” I said.
A silver rope necklace with a silver pendant attached to it appeared in the air and landed on the table. The pendent was silver and circular. It has a crescent moon in the middle of it with a small white circle above it. There were also smaller circles around the brooch as well. One red circle at the top of the brooch, one green circle on the left side of the brooch, a orange circle on the right side of the brooch, and a blue circle at the bottom.
“The Necklace is for you, Kevin.” I went over, picked up the necklace and put it on. “Do you still believe me?” Artemis asked.
“Sure.” I said.
“Great. Now, Kevin, repeat after me: Moon Prism Power!” Artemis said firmly.
“Moon Prism-” I raised my hand into the air. “Power!
My clothes disappeared as white ribbons emerged from the pendant and wrapped around my body covering everything from my shoulders to my waist. They then disappeared with a flash of light, leaving behind a tight white vest. The Moon Pendant on the vest and three smaller white buttons below it.
Then, white ribbons covered my arms and my hands and flashed away, exposing long white sleeves extending out from under the vest that covered my whole arm and a tight white bracelet around both of my wrists with white strands of lace extending from the bracelet, up in-between each of my fingers and connecting back to the bracelet of the other side of my wrist.
Next, ribbons covered my legs and my feet and also disappeared leaving behind loose white pants with a silver crescent moon on the right leg of the pants and white shoes with no laces or zipper. A bright light glimmered on my forehead, then a silver crescent moon formed there along with a small white hoop earring in my left ear. I was Soldier Moon.
What...is going on?” I said.
“Evil forces are bent on taking over the world-”
“How classic.” I said.
“-And maybe even the universe. It is the Soldier Warriors duty to protect the Earth and stop the wrong.” Artemis explained. “We must also look for Prince Asa -Pronounced `Ace-ah'- and make sure he's safe.”
“…?”
“Just repeat your transforming phrase to revert to your former self.” Said the talking bird.
“Moon Prism Power.” My Soldier outfit turned into white ribbons and faded away. My former clothes were underneath.
“Now that you know your place in this, you should return to your classes. But be aware of strange things and if a youma strikes make sure to destroy it.” Artemis said.
“Anou…nice meeting you. See you around.” I said as I walked toward Keyboarding.
“Do I really believe any of this?” I asked myself.
“You should.”
I spun around. It was Artemis. “You're following me?” I asked.
“Of course.”
“Okay, but birds aren't allowed inside.”
I stepped into class and immediately noticed that everyone's head was forward against the computer screens as if they were dead.
There was also a black youma with long nasty gray hair. It was wearing what looked like a ripped up dress. Red wrinkled skin, red eyes and a purple blotchy spot on its forehead. It has Sean by his head shoving him into the computer screen in front of him.
“Why isn't your energy being drained?” The youma said to Sean. It has a scratchy voice. “You didn't use the disk I handed out yesterday did you.” A blue sign of Mercury appeared and glowed on Sean's forehead. “What is this?” The youma asked referring to the mark.
“That boy is Soldier Mercury!” Artemis said under his breath.
“Who are you!? And what are you doing.” I yelled.
“You may call me Morga.” Said the woman. “You should of arrived on time.” She lifted up her other arm. It changed into a slick red ax. “Now you have to pay consequences.”
Without hesitation, I turned around and ran out of the room and turned a corner. I sat down on the ground and hid behind my knees.
“What are you to doing?” Artemis said. “You have to fight that youma.”
I looked up. “My God, ...are you for real?”
“Did you forget everything I told you?” Artemis said.
“How am I supposed to fight it? Where are my special powers like the real super heroes?” I asked.
“You can use your Star Magic attack by throwing you left earring at the enemy.”
I stood up and sighed. “Okay.”
I threw my hand in the air. “Moon Prism Power!”
My clothes disappeared as white ribbons emerged from the pendant and wrapped around my body covering everything from my shoulders to my waist. They then disappeared with a flash of light, leaving behind a tight white vest. There was a large white button on the vest and three smaller white buttons below it.
Then, white ribbons covered my arms and my hand and flashed away, exposing long white sleeves extending out from under the vest that covered my whole arm and a tight white bracelet around both of my wrists with white strands of lace extending from the bracelet, up in-between each of my fingers and connecting back to the bracelet of the other side of my wrist.
Next, ribbons covered my legs and my feet and also disappeared leaving behind loose white pants with a silver crescent moon on the right leg of the pants and white shoes with no laces or zipper. A bright light glimmered on my forehead, then a silver crescent moon formed there along with a small white hoop earring in my left ear. Soldier Moon was ready...but not really.
I walked around the corner and back into the building.
“Say goodbye.” The youma tossed Sean out of the chair onto the floor. “If I cant take your energy then I'll just have to kill you.”
“Stop where you are!”
“Hm?” The youma grunted. It looked over to the door. “Who are you?”
“For peace and justice! Soldier Scout Warrior, Soldier Moon! In the name of the moon, I will punish you!” Ah, that was perfect.
“Let us just see about that.” The youma leaped over to me, I turned and ran out of the room a second time. The youma followed.
Artemis went into the room and over to Sean.
“Sean, here take this.” Artemis conjured up blue stick about size of a pen. The bottom half of the stick was blue the upper half was gold. At the top of the stick was a gold ring with a small golden ball in the center of the ring with symbol for Mercury embedded onto it.
“You're talking!” Sean said with shock. “And how did you-“
“No time to explain. Just take this Mercury Henshin Stick and say `Mercury Power!'”
“Okay.” Sean grabbed the Henshin Stick and raised it into the air as he said, “Mercury Power!”
The sign of Mercury embedded in the golden ball of the Henshin Stick began to glow blue and rotate. Sean's clothes disappeared as water emerged from his Henshin Stick and whirled around his body.
The layers of water on Sean's body rippled and faded away, exposing Sean's outfit. His was exactly like mine, except for the color. Where my uniform was white his was blue. A blue vest, lighter blue sleeves, blue pants, blue shoes, small blue hoop earring in his left ear, blue bracelets on both of his wrists, and blue laces in-between his fingers, a small blue rope necklace, there was a blue sign of Mercury on his forehead, and his glasses were gone. Sean was Soldier Mercury.
“Your Soldier Mercury, a God of water and ice. You have to go help Soldier Moon destroy that youma. Hurry!”
“Okay.” Soldier Mercury said as he ran outside.
The youma continued to chase me. It swung its ax arm at me when in range. I dived down to the ground in an attempt to survive.
“Your mine now!” The youma raised its arm and swung it down at me. I closed my eyes, too scared to move. “Say goodbye!”
Just then a pink streak of light zoomed through the air down to the ground. The youma stopped and looked down. So did we. There was a pink rose. The rose's stem stuck into the ground.
“Whose there!” Said the scratchy voiced youma. Distant from us, on a hill was a woman. She had long wavy brown hair that she kept in pigtails. Her hair went down to her ankles. She was wearing a tight white tank top the covered her from her shoulders down to her waist. There was a small pink bow on the white top in front of her chest, and there was a red heart button in the center of the bow. She was also wearing a short white skirt and long red boots that reached up to her knees. There was a golden 'V' shaped tiara on her forehead with a pink jewel in the center. In short, this mysterious woman is wearing the outfit of Super Sailor Moon
“I am Rose Angel. You two should be careful.” She spoke. “This youma is as intimidating as it seems. Good luck.” She said as she jumped away.
“Watch out!” Warrior Mercury pushed me aside. We fell onto the ground. Ahead of us, the youma's ax landed. Warrior Mercury jumped up.
“Mercury Bubbles…” He said. He crossed his arm so that they intersected and made an `X'. A ball of blue light formed in the center. “Blast!”
Multiple bubbles shot toward the youma. They burst into heavy fog on contact.
“What have you done?” They youma said. “I can't see.” It swung its arms around furiously.
“Now! Soldier Moon!” Soldier Mercury yelled.
“Right!”
I stood up and reached for the ring in my left year. I tugged it. Surprisingly, it came out. I didn't feel a thing. It shined and expanded into a large sphere. Not knowing what to do with it next, I threw it at her.
“Moon Star Magic!” I said as I threw the ring at her.
“What is this? What is this!?” The youma said as it saw the light speeding towards it. The ring hit the youma and it disintegrated into dust and fell to the ground. I was ecstatic.
“HAAA HA!” I ran over to the pile of dust. “Look at what I did!” I yelled as I kicked it. It disappeared in the air. Soldier Mercury sighed in relief.
“Moon Prism Power.” My Soldier outfit turned into white ribbons and faded away. My former clothes were underneath.
“Mercury Power.” Sean Soldier suit turned into water and faded away from his body. His regular clothes were underneath and his glasses reappeared. The blue necklace remained though.
“Your Soldier Moon!” He said in disbelief.
“Same here. I can't believe your Soldier Mercury.”
“No wonder you were almost killed.”
That was an insult. “Oh please. I would've made it.”
“We should check on the people in the Keyboarding room.” Sean said.
“Yeah.” I said,
We made our way back into Keyboarding. There was white gas floating along the ceiling.
“Be careful, it could be another youma.” Sean told me.
The gas separated into several columns and floated into each person body in the room. Everyone slowly began to open their eyes and sit up.
“Do you think the youma was stealing everyone's energy?” I asked Sean.
“Yeah. That is what the youma said.” He answered.