Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Soldier Moon ❯ Carnival Comes To Town! Fight For The Nijizuishou! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kevin Tsukino- white, 14, dark brown eyes, strait dark brown hair, 5' 9”/ Soldier Moon
Lane- hispanic, 15, brown eyes, wavy black hair, 5' 8”
Sean Mizuno- white, 15, hazel eyes, light brown hair, 5' 8”/ Soldier Mercury
James Hino- white, 15, blue eyes, spiky blond hair, 5' 6”/ Soldier Mars
Terell Kino- black, 15, dark green eyes, short shiny wavy black hair, 5' 10”/ Soldier Jupiter
Addrian- white, 16, brown eyes, long wavy brown hair, 5' 7”
 
Carnival Comes To Town! Fight For The Nijizuishou!
 
“Guess what I have.” James said.
 
“What?” I asked.
 
James held up four pieces of paper. “Four tickets to the carnival opening today. My mom, dad and my sister were going to come with me, but my sister got sick and both my parents want to take care of her.”
 
“So only four people can go?” I snatched to tickets from James hand. “Too bad Terell.” I grinned and covered my mouth. “I'm giving the second one to Lane.”
 
James handed one ticket to Terell and one to Sean. “Kevin, I'm going to need that second ticket you took.”
 
“Nani?”
 
“So I can go myself, dude.”
 
“Ah.” I handed him the second ticket. “You got lucky, Terell. You only get to go to the fair `cause James planned to give them to us.”
 
“What makes you different?” Terell said.
 
“It's called a carnival.” Sean said. “A fair is much bigger.”
 
“Whatever. It's all the same.”
 
“Lets go tonight. At like…Eight.”
 
“Kevin's probably allowed out that late.” Terell said.
 
“What are you sayin? I'm allowed out later than you are.”
 
“So then it set. We'll go at eight.”
 
We all left James's house. I went up to Lane's house to tell him about the news. I knocked on his door. He opened it.
 
“What's up?” He said.
 
“You know there's a fair opening up today?”
 
“You mean a carnival. A fair is bigger. But yeah, my dad old me. And I even…” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a ticket. “…Have a ticket so I can go.”
 
“Really. That's great. Sean, James, Terell and I are going tonight. Are you gonna come them?”
 
“Yeah, sure.”
 
Zoicit found himself in front of Queen Beryl in the surrounding darkness.
 
“Zoicite, you have succeeded in receiving the Nijizuishou, but one has fallen in the hands of Rose Angel. If we are to awaken fully revive Queen Metalia and see the darkness spread throughout the universe, as we greatly desire, it is required to you to get the Nijizuishou. How do you plan to redeem yourself?”
 
“Queen Beryl I will absolutely get the Nijizuishou from this point on. You have my word.” Zoicite threw the Kurozuishou into the air. “Zoi!”
 
An image of a magician was shown in the projection that the Kurozuishou casts. “I will take the Nijizuishou from this human.”
 
Everyone gathered as Terell's house around seven. We were going to stay there until time to go the carnival. We were all in his room.
 
“Ooh.” I said. “Minna! Lets all play this one.”
 
Everyone was watching TV. “What are you going through my stuff for?” Terell asked.
 
“Ohhh please.” I walked over to the TV and turned the game on. “Lets just play real quick.” I put the game in. “I'm first player!” I reached for a control stick, but Terell grabbed it first.
 
“I don't think so.” He said. “I'll be first player.”
 
“Okay, I'll be second then.” I reached for the second control stick but Lane took it.
 
“I'll be second.” He grinned. I immediately jumped for the third before anyone else could. James picked up the fourth.
 
“You could play if you want, Sean?” James offered him the controller.
 
“No thanks. I'm not really good at games and such.”
 
“Awesome!” James turned the face the TV.
 
“Okay.” Terell said. “I got forty seconds to kill ya'll.”
 
And we were off. Like Terell said, he had to get rid of us. I was doing fairly well, next thing I knew I'm flying off the side of the screen. I paused the game.
 
“What are you doing?” Lane and James asked.
 
I pointed at Terell. “You cheated! You allowed to do that!”
 
“What are you talkin about? Don't get mad `cause you lost.”
 
“You hit me when I was on the ground! That's cheating and you know it!”
 
“It's not cheating, you just suck. Now press start so I can win.”
 
Eight O' Clock rolled around sooner or later. It was dark. We left for the long walk to the carnival.
 
“So who has the most money?” I took out all the money I have. “I have ten dollars.”
 
“I have fifteen.” Sean said.
 
“Twenty-five.” Terell took out his money.
 
“And I beat you all with-” Lane reached inside his pockets and took out three bills. “Thirty!” He waved his money in the air.
 
I shoved my money back into my pocket. “How do you plane on spendin' thirty bucks?”
 
“Buyin' stuff.” Lane answered. He also put his money in his pocket.
 
“Were almost there.” Sean pointed.
 
I nodded. “I can see the lights.”
 
As we arrived, we had to wait in a very long line. As it turns out they were checking that everyone had a correct ticket, and verifying age.
 
“I think you have to be fifteen to go in without parents.” James said.
 
“I don't think my parents are with me.” I looked around.
 
“Just say your fifteen. You're tall enough and they'll believe you.” Lane said.
 
“Not if he starts acting immature and stupid like he does.” Terell said.
 
“You're the one who acts immature all the time.” I said.
 
We eventually made out way up to the gate and the supervisor looked at our tickets and approved of our age and let us in.
 
“Wow. Its so…small.” I said.
 
“I can see to the end.” James said.
 
“But nevertheless, we must have fun since we paid out money!” I shouted.
 
We went over to the biggest ride they had and stood in line. It was like a roller coaster, but it went around in a big circle.
 
“This looks fun.” Lane said. “Lets do it.”
 
“This is pretty big.” I said.
 
We all moved up in line. “What? Are you scared?” Terell asked.
 
I looked down. “Iie. I was just saying.”
 
“Just saying what?” Said a voice.
 
I turned around. Gasp. It was her, the one and only. The girl I happened to meet the day I met Artemis.
 
“None of your business. What are you doing here?” I asked.
 
“Same as you are.” She said.
 
“Well.” I pointed to the roller coaster. “This one's pretty big. I don't think you can handle it.”
 
“If someone like you can, I think I'll be okay.”
 
The roller coaster went around to the top of the circle, leaving all the passengers upside down. It wasn't moving.
 
“Is it broken?” I asked. “Lets not do this one.”
 
The roller coaster fell backward down into the bottom of the circle and continued going around, back and forth. Sooner or later it stopped in the people stepped of. Next, it was out turn. We, and someone other people, walked up and stepped into the ride in pairs. Only two to a row. James and Sean, Terell and Lane, and- oh no, Addrian and I were seated together. Great.
 
The ride got off to a slow start. Slowly moving up the circle frame. It was so scary. You couldn't help but lay your head back on the seat cushion. Once it was along the side of the frame, it fell backward, down the circle, up and around the other side. Screams were heard all over.
 
“Stop the ride!” I shouted. “I wanna get down!”
 
“This is awesome!” James yelled.
 
All of a sudden the ride stopped, and I feel the blood rush to my head. No way.
 
“This is too much…” I said.
 
“Can't handle it, huh?” Addrian asked with a grin.
 
I looked over to see her hanging upside down with her long brown hair flowing in the wind. I burst of with laughter. She quickly looked forward and wiped the grin off her face. Sooner or later the ride ended and we all stepped off. Lane, Sean, James, Terell and I went over to a bench and I took a seat.
 
“That was horrible.” I said as I lay my head back.
 
James sat down. “Dude, that was sweet. What are you complaining about?”
 
“How could you not have fun on that?” Lane asked.
 
“I knew he couldn't handle it.” Terell said.
 
“You guys, you should've saw Sean, it was so funny” James laughed. “He was so scared. I was about to die laughing.”
 
Sean was itching to change the topic of conversation. “Who wants to get something to eat?”
 
I jumped up. “I was thinkin' the same thing!”
 
And were off toward the food stands. The closes one was small, but it would have to do.
 
“Hm…” I looked at the menu hanging on the stand. “I want…the biggest bag of Bar-B-Q chips you have and some nachos, giant bag of popcorn with all the butter and salt, and a super large Pepsi, please.”
 
“Are you sure you can eat all that?” Lane asked.
 
“Of course.” I said.
 
The woman in the stand dumped everything I ordered on the ledge in front of me. “That'll be sixteen dollars.”
 
“That's mighty expensive.” I took out the ten I had. “Will ten cut it?”
 
“I don't think it will.” She said.
 
I turned to Lane. “Onegai? I just need seven.”
 
“C'mon now, Kevin.” Lane took out his money and gave me seven dollars.
 
“Arigato… Hai.” I gave it to the woman along with mine. She took and I took mine. Lane got a Coke, James got some cake and an ice cream cone, Sean got some popcorn, and Terell got a small pizza and a Coke. We all sat at a table under a tent.
 
I saw Terell's pizza. “Aw, I didn't know they had pizzas, or I would'a got one.”
 
“It was on the bottom of the list. Don't even bother asking.”
 
“I wasn't. As if I want that nasty pizza. So, what shall we do-”
 
-Cough-
 
“-after this?”
 
“Your supposed to wait a while after-”
 
-Cough-
 
“-you eat.” Sean said.
 
“Are we really gonna stand around-
 
-Cough-
 
“-for hours after we get done?” James asked.
 
-Cough-
 
“Terell! Will you stop coughing!?” I shouted.
 
Terell did one last big cough, and slammed his drink on the table. “I was chokin' from the inside! Coke tryin' to kill they customers.”
 
I started laughing.
 
“It's not funny.” Terell said.
 
Once we were done eating, we ventured around a little more, until we found some people hanging around a stage. Curios, we went over to see what was going on. There was a man on the stage. He was a magician, performing tricks.
 
“Magicians are always cool.” I said.
 
“You know magic's not real right?” Lane said.
 
“Yes it is.” I said.
 
“No it's not.” Terell joined it.
 
“It's just some trick that we would never guess.” James joined in.
 
“Sean, tell `em that magic is real. You're the only on I have on my side.”
 
“Um, its not. You should know that by know, Kevin.” Sean said.
 
“Whaaaaaatever. We'll see after the show.”
 
The magician did random tricks. Mostly classics, like the rabbit out of the hat. He did some others, like pulling endless ropes from his mouth, making the birds appear from behind the sheet, he even took a girl onstage and made her unconscious for a while before snapping some since back into her. After a while he was out of tricks and bowed everyone goodbye.
 
“I told you it was real.” I said.
 
“How did you prove it?” Lane asked.
 
I looked up. “…Hm. I don't know. But I'm ready to go home. What about ya'll?
 
“I am.” Terell said. It's late, lets go.”
 
 
We started walking up toward the gates to the exit. When we were almost free, I stopped.
 
“Matte, I left my Pepsi and the chips at the table. I'll be right back, I'm just gonna go get `em”
 
“C'mon, Kevin. Everyone ready to go.” James said.
 
“Just a minute. I'll be only a minute.” I turned around and ran for the table.
 
“Ah.” I said as I started to pick up the chips. “Reunited at last.”
 
Just then, I heard someone screaming. It was coming from the stage where the magician was. I hurried over there and jumped onto the stage. Seeing nothing, I walked to the end of the stage and jumped down. Peeking around the side of the stage, I saw the magician and Zoicite. He was using the Kurozuishou to get the Nijizuishou from the magician. I turned back to the other side and raised my hand.
 
“Moon Prism Power!” I whispered.
My clothes disappeared as white ribbons emerged from the pendant and wrapped around my body covering everything from my shoulders to my waist. They then disappeared with a flash of light, leaving behind a tight white vest. There was a large white button on the vest and three smaller white buttons below it.
Then, white ribbons covered my arms and my hands and flashed away, exposing long white sleeves extending out from under the vest that covered my whole arm and a tight white bracelet around my wrist with white strands of lace extending from the bracelet, up in-between each of my fingers and connecting back to the bracelet of the other side of my wrist.
Next, ribbons covered my legs and my feet and also disappeared leaving behind loose white pants with a silver crescent moon on the right leg of the pants and white shoes with no laces or zipper. A bright light glimmered on my forehead, then a silver crescent moon formed there along with a small white hoop earring in my left ear. I was Soldier Moon.
 
I went around to the backside of the stage.
 
“Stop where you are!”
 
Zoicite looked around. “Ah, Soldier Moon…”
 
“For peace and justice! Soldier Scout Warrior, Soldier Moon! In the name of the moon, I will punish you!”
 
Zoicite tooked the Nijizuishou from the magician. It was yellow. “Too bad, Soldier Moon. I already have the Nijizuishou-”
 
A pink streak of light zipped through the air and hit Zoicite's hand. The dropped the Nijizuishou, it landed on the ground. I made a desperate attempt to grab, it another streak of light stopped me. It was a pink rose stuck into the ground. Rose Angel was on top of the wall on the back off the stage. She jumped down and we looked at each other.
 
“Why do you want the Nijizusho?” I asked her.
 
Without answering, she reached for the Nijizuishou, but stopped as tons of red rose petals fluttered past her. Zoicite was emitting them from his hand. Taking advantage of her moment in confusion, I fell to the ground and reached my hand out for the crystal. I couldn't feel the Nijizuishou. I looked up and Rose Angel was leaving- with the Nijizuishou. Zoicite was nowhere to be seen. I turned around to see a giant catlike youma. It's back had dark purple fur, the front was white.
 
“Bakene.” I said. It had a deep voice. Bakene took a step forward, and reached out at me with his hand, when-
 
“Mercury Bubbles Blast!” A line of bubbles came out of nowhere and hit Bakene. They burst into mist.
 
“Mercury…” I turned around. Soldier Mercury and Soldier Mars where behind me. “Guys! Where's Soldier Jupiter? Why isn't he here? I knew he was a slacker on the job.”
 
“He's in the front with Lane. We couldn't all come or Lane would follow and we knew something was up. Mars Fire…” Soldier Mars put his hands together in the shape of a gun. He pointed the tip to the sky. A fireball formed. “Ignite!” The fireball spiraled toward Bakene. Baken was utterly weakened and barley managed to stand as the fire washed over him.
 
“Now! Soldier Moon!” Soldier Mars shouted.
 
“Right.” I raised the Crescent Moon Stick into the air. “Moon Healing Escalation!”
 
Beams of light showered through Bakene. He started to glow. “Refresh!” He returned to normal, the magician.
 
“That was pretty easy.” I said. We all de-transformed and walked back up to the gate.
 
“What happened?” Lane asked.
 
“I got lost.” I said.
 
“You got lost?” Lane was confused. “How? This place is small?”
 
“I had to go to the bathroom. Haha. Yes. Now lets go.”