Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Tassled Nonsense ❯ Tassled Nonsense ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

"One foot in front of the other, Usagi, that's the way to do it." The young princess walked along the railroad track. All of her friends walked behind her, one foot in front of the other.

"Rei, Mina, Makoto,…Mamoru, Haruka, Michiru,…Chibi Usa?" She called roll to see if they were all still behind her.

"Here," each spoke up.

"Bunnies?" she laughed, seeing them hop out of the rose bushes.

"Here," they called in reply. "Here we are!"

"Let's all go to the castle," Usagi suggested.

"Let's all go," they intoned.

A pink castle shone out in front of them. Its red-roofed spires stretched into the clouds.

Usagi jumped onto the ground and ran along between the tracks and the bushes. Her troop followed behind her and they followed still as she ran up into the sky, her golden-winged shoes glittering in the sunset's glow.

"My own world, " she thought. "All to myself."

A bright flash sprang from the courtyard of the castle.

"What is that?" the bunnies asked.

"I don't know," Usagi said. "Didn't put that there."

Everyone reached the castle and lighted in the apple trees in the courtyard. Usagi jumped down onto a sundial then looked behind the door into the castle.

The Anointed of Light stood inside, sparkling in her beautiful senshi fuku.

"You," Usagi accused. "Why are you here? I defeated you! I don't want you in my place. This is my world and you're not invited."

The Anointed, bright and shinning except for her complexion, only smiled at her.

Usagi flustered, "Grail power make-up, make me the Deep Dark Anointed!"