Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Fairytales of the Stars ❯ The Strong Cobra ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NQ Serenity: Welcome, friends of the moon, to Chapter Four: The Strong Cobra. In this chapter we meet Noel Kalmus and her Senshi Kouken, Sailor Jupiter.

***

"Kino-san!" a girl with brown hair dressed in gothic attire opened the door and hugged the taller brunette on the otherside, "Thank you so much!"

"No problem." Kino Makoto said, handing the girl a pink, bunny print bag, "Just like your big brother likes them, Noel."

Makoto had baked up fresh cookies for Noel's brother, Yuki, who was sick. It was a nice gesture, and a way for the older girl to flirt with him without Noel guessing. She had had her eyes on him since they moved in a few months ago. Yuki owned a game shop that was given to him when their parents passed away. Noel was working at a local diner and put her tips together with the money that Yuki loaned her to pay for her tuition. They were getting by, but the soft-hearted cook couldn't help but... well... help. She gave them the money she made off her recipe books and television show, promising them that they'd never have to repay her.

"How's Yuki?" she asked.

"His fever's gone down, and he's breathing clearly again. He wanted me to thank you for all the support and food." Noel giggled, "He said that you're a god because he doesn't have to eat my horrible dishes."

"Hehe." Makoto smiled, "If you ever need anything, you know where I am."

As she turned to leave, Noel grabbed her arm.

"Kino-san, I've been having dreams about the Sailor Senshi." Makoto stopped dead in her tracks. 'Sailor Senshi'. She was washed over by memories of something she had left long ago. Usagi, Minako, Rei, Ami... their faces brought tears to her eyes. It had been so long since she had seen any of them, "Kino-san?"

"Huh? Oh." she wiped the tears from her eyes, "Yes, the Senshi."

"You were one of them."

"Me?" Makoto chuckled, "That's funny."

"I guess." Noel agreed. Makoto waved good-bye and left. Noel closed the door and went to her brother's bedside. Yuki's dark brown hair covered his face, a sign that he had been tossing and turning around in his bed. She moved her brother's hair to the sides and saw that he had fallen asleep, "Kino-san made cookies for you, Oniichan."

"Makoto... Jupiter..." Yuki gasped, waking up, "Sailor Jupiter..."

"She said she wasn't one of them, Yuki. Your imagination is getting to you."

"No... She is."

"Go back to sleep." Noel went to the kitchen and set the cookies down. The thoughts raced through her mind. What did Yuki see in his dream? Was Kino-san telling the truth?, "Why do I worry about it? Not like it matters."