Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Meetings and family conflicts ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hi guys! Yes here is the first chapter to my ongoing series The Mars Saga! Actually I had no idea that it would get as big as it has. I'm surprised still when some days I check my e-mail and have my devoted fans email me asking me for an update to the story. It makes me really proud to find out someone else loves the story as much as I. Anyway this is a major update from the first uploads (or second when I redid everything in html so fanfiction.net wouldn't screw up my uploads when I put them up). I mean major considering I spent five hours spell checking the blasted thing *makes twirly eyes*. There was a definite difference between chapter one and the most recent but not put up yet chapter 24 (still working on it) with spelling ^^. Heh anyway if your new to the series (anyone from mediaminor who doesn't surf fanfiction.net, because I am planning on posting this story up on mediaminor.org as well, will be new to the series! Welcome!) . I am planning on getting a grammar check going on the story as well. That is the last major thing I really need to do.

First some warnings that I have come across in posting this story in ff.net. This story will inevitably be a Raye-Rei/Darien-Mamoru fic. If you are not ok with that coupling then don't complain to me in the reviews because I have warned you now. Also this story isn't just a lone Raye/Darien fic. The other scouts will have love interests in the story as well. It could be considered scout/general pairings but with Serena having Jeadite in the end and the rest of the generals matching up accordingly to the picture we all know of:
Amy/Zoicite (yes in this story Zoicite will be the guy that he is in the Japanese anime, manga, and live action series)
Mina/Kunzite
Lita/Nephlite
Also though this story is in the american appointed names Amara and Michelle will not be cousins (that's just gross) that the American company that translated the anime said they were. I will be following the original story that Mrs. N.T. that we all love wrote even though I am twisted the story to make it my own. I will also be picking between the anime/manga/live action series to build the characters personality's'/looks and events that may happen and influence the course of my story. If such an event does happen I will warn you or explain after it happens why I did it and which of the three influences I chose to use (anime/manga/live action).
Another warning I have that has come across my eyes while at ff.net if your going to review flames, do so accordingly. First of all please don't flame without explaining why your flaming so I can improve my skills as a writer. What I mean by this is please don't review saying my story sucks without giving reasons or that I suck as a writer without giving reasons. Flames without reason will be ignored or even flamed back at by myself.
Also because I stated before that this is a Raye/Darien fic please do not review flaming/stating that Serena/Usagi-Darien/Mamoru are the original couple because I know that already. If that really bothers you that I switched the couples, not to detour you from reading my story because I want you to read my story the more the merrier, then why the heck are you still reading it? I already warned you once and it's not like the preview on the main page doesn't hint at the coupling.
Other then that review/flame/email away!

Wow that's a big opening thing to read before we even get to the story itself but I guess it needs to be said and stated *sweat drops*. I always accept emails from fans and flamers (I'd rather have you flame me in email then review mainly because it makes people who are looking through the reviews deciding to read it or not see an excellent story. I won't lye about that :P.) But I won't complain about flames in reviews as long as they give a reason. Anyway on to the story *finally*.

Disclaimer: Ok this is going to be the only disclaimer I'm going to write for the new upload at ff.net and the only disclaimer for mediaminor.org when I finally upload it there. I do not own the license to any of the three SailorMoon licenses that could be out there (manga/anime/live action and if you really want to be a butt head the toy license as well). I am just a fan who is overly obsessed with the series since she saw it on UPN when she was in 5th grade at 6 o'clock in the morning (ahh those where the days). Right now I've been a fan for 11 years *sweat drops* and this was counted in 2004. So if your going to punish me for being an overly obsessed fan who hasn't gotten any money what so ever for writing this (actually this story was in the works when I was in like 11th grade believe it or not and that was 5 years ago, though this is totally different from the first attempt at the story) and has sunk hundreds of dollars in the SailorMoon franchise then go right ahead! Actually on second thought I'm broke as a shattered glass in the window frame, you wouldn't get anything from me besides a dog, three rabid hamsters (jk folks about rabid though grandma likes to bite for blood), all my sailor moon stuff which I have gotten over the years, and a dvd set of trigun so please don't sue me.

Version 1.5
First started or official birthday September 2nd

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 1: Meetings and family conflicts

Raye was sweeping the side walks at the cherry hill temple on a warm summer day. She was humming the tune to one of her favorite songs she had written. Everything seemed peaceful in their little world. Darien yesterday had just proposed to Serena in front of everybody and the wedding was to take place on Serena's 18 birthday. Everything would have gone that was except for one major detail that was about to show it's self. . .
A flash of warning crossed across Raye's vision. Something wasn't right. She dropped her broom and headed inside to get her transformation pen. As she entered her room, something smelt wrong.
"I wonder what's happening. . ." But as she glanced toward the night stand that held her pen, she noticed something; it was glowing oddly through the cracks. Rushing over there she opened the drawer to find her stick was the cause of all the light but as she was about to touch it flames burst around the pen and it disintegrated.
"The life you live is a lie." Began whispering in her ears. Raye turned fanatically to see no one there. But somehow the voice seemed familiar, to familiar.
"Who are you?" She said but the voice just grew louder and the flames that engulfed her desk where spreading but the voice left her paralyzed. "The life you live is a lie, Do not beg, plead or cry, My jealousy got the best of me, and now I set you free." And with that her vision got hazy and she passed out.

***************************

"But mother. . ." Her voice was herd in the palace as her mother walked over to her.
"We have no choice." Serenity said. Her daughter was being difficult with this. "The queen and the rest of us lower royalty made an agreement before you where ever born that our daughters would be the guardians of the princess."
"But I'm a princess too!" She slammed her rooms door. Serenity sighed and came up next to the door.
"Of lower class. She's the future of the universe dear and we all need to protect her." She said to the door.
Serena sat in her room on her bed pouting.
"You haven't even met her. How are you so sure that you won't like her?"
"Because I do." Serena yelled back and took a long gated sigh. Just a few days ago her mother had approached her about the subject at hand. She hated it. What was so special about this princess. "Can't she protect herself?"
"That's not the point. She shouldn't have to worry about that. What she should be working on is learning to run the universe." Serenity turned to walk away hoping that later she would be able to talk to her daughter about it when her door opened.
"Fine." Serena said looking down at the floor. It came out like a small child apologizing after getting in trouble. "I'll go but if I'm not needed I'm not staying." Serenity turned around smiling.
"Of course dear but I figure you will be to busy with your friends that you won't want to go." Sadness touched the queens heart. She realized it would be one of the last times Serena would be on the Moon with her for a while. "How about we have the servants pack for you and you and I have a mother daughter day out? With you there and I with a planet to run, we won't be seeing each other for a while. I will come visit but not till my major duties are filled." Serena nodded looking out a window they past. Somewhere out there was the planet she would be spending a while at. A princess to protect and friends to be made.
'Maybe it won't be so bad. Let's just hope the princess isn't a real dork or anything.' She turned to her mother and gave her a smile. "O.k., let's do it." Serenity nodded and they continued down the hallway.

***************************

It was the day that the ship would come and pick up Serena who was waiting quietly at the landing site. Serenity came up from the palace with a package in her hands. She first kissed her daughter's forehead and handed her the package.
"A gift. Don't open it till you've left the Moon's gravity." Serena nodded taking the package and placed it in a pocket of her traveling coat. "I know you will do well." Serena nodded and letting a sigh pass out.
"Ya, I will but I wish you would have told me sooner about this then I could prepare for this more." Serenity's face broke into a smile.
"You where ready when you where born dear. You have moon blood in your veins and never forget that. It will help you out with guarding the princess."
"Yes mother." Serena said looking to see a growing light from the night sky. "I guess this is my ride."
"Yes it is." Serenity said looking up and then embracing her daughter. "Take care dear and make new friends for friends are one of the only things that will get you through life."
"And what's the others?" Serena asked before she got on.
"Love and justice."

***************************

Serena's eyes watched the space outside her window looking back at where the Moon was. That's when she remembered her gift in the pocket. Taking out she noticed the wrapping had ripped to show a pink handle. Serena opened it up entirely to find a the crescent moon wand was in her hands with a note.
"Serena
This was passed down from one scout guardian from the Moon to another for centuries. It is yours now. Keep it well.
Serenity"
Tears began to swell in in her eyes.
"Princess." A pilot said. Serena's attention snapped toward the speaker.
"Ya?"
"We are approaching." He said. Serena sat up and walked over to the other side of the ship to see a growing red planet on their horizon.
"Mars, my new home for the next few years."

***************************

Queen Raydance stood in her thrown room with her advisors surrounding her. She was a beautiful woman with long black hair, deep violet eyes, and fair skin. She was dressed in the royal garments of the queen, in a deep crimson red sleeveless dress with a Japanese influence and phoenixes where embroidered with gold thread upon it. A gold crown lay on top of her head with a ruby set in the center.
"The princess of Mercury just called and said she will be on time."
"Mercurians are known for their punctuality. What about Jupiter, and Venus?"
"No word yet, my queen." An advisor said flipping through the pages in his papers. A servant came through the doors and bowed.
"The princess of the Moon is here, your majesty. What should I do?"
"Send her to her room to get ready and tell her she can wander around." The queen said then looking out the window to see a figure approaching the palace. "My daughter is returning from the canals. See to it she gets a bath and dressed properly for the occasion." The servant bowed and left the room. She turned and sat in her thrown dismissing her advisors. She let out a sigh and was able to relax.

***************************

Serena walked down the halls with two bags in her hands as she looked up at the intricate art work that lined the walls. It was beautiful. Everything on Mars was beautiful. The reddish glow gave everything about it an undying look. That's when a door in front of her opened with a girl walking out. Her hair was black, though it had a red purple shine to it. Serena gasped at the girl. She was beautiful. She turned and saw the weird haired girl standing there in awe at the one in front of her.
"Hello." She said friendly holding her hand out. "I'm Raye." Serena clasped the hand looking into the eyes of the teen. They where a deep violet, such a haunting color. Serena clasped the hand and shook it.
"I'm Serena."
"O, the moon princess. It's great to finally meet you. The others will be arriving shortly."
"You're the princess? The one I'm suppose to help protect?" The girl nodded.
"Ya, I am."
"Which way is my room? I got lost looking at all the art work that lined your walls." Raye began to walk behind her.
"Follow me." She said. Serena ran to catch up.

***************************

Her green eyes watched the giant planet leave her vision and tears formed at the corners of her eyes (Though she would never admit it to anyone). Her home was on one of the moons that orbited the big planet. She sighed leaning back in her chair and watching the wall in front of her thinking.
'Maybe it won't be so bad. There will be other girls there who I can talk to.' But her eyes went back to the window that held once her planet. She was the princess of Jupiter, the only child to the queen and king. About three years ago she was confronted about this duty all of the other planets royalty had with Mars. She didn't understand it fully yet but knew that in time it would come to her. Her mother, Queen Teresa had told of the story of when Mars was the chosen planet
". . .A long time ago every planet had royalty, much like today. But none of the planets spoke with anyone else, thinking theirs the best. One day, an evil came, a great evil that nearly wiped out every planet. That's when the youngest Marian princess, the last one alive, left her planet knowing that this evil would not be beaten without all the planets royal members coming to get her. None of them in their arrogance would not listen to the girl when she called them together. That's when the evil unleashed it's full force and in trying to protect the royalty, the Martian princess was killed before them. The other royalty saw how much selfishlessness she shown and it made them realized their faults and with that they all stood around the young girl and gave half of their power to the girl so she may live once again. The girl gasped again as the power that was given to her turned into a jewel beside her with a brooch around it and she was alive again. With that the battle continued with the other royals behind the girl and they won with the brooch created for her by their power. She was a fearless compassionate leader and after that all the royals of the planets owed their lives to her so they pledged their planets to her family.'
She sighed thinking back to the story. She had figured that if any of her ancestors where a lot like her then she could see where the arrogance came from. So she would finally get to meet a child of Mars, the one she must protect with her life.
"Princess Lita." The pilot said. She turned to look at him.
"Ya?"
"Your parents left you something in the back. They told me to give it to you once we have left Jupiter." He pointed at a closet. Lita stood up and headed over passing a mirror quick and realized her hair was a mess so she grabbed a hair tie and tied her hair up with a green pony tail tie. Then she reached for the door and as she opened it, a wand came into sight. It had a green handle with a round top with a thunder bolt insignia was etched on the outside of it. It was her mothers prized wand, the Zeuior. When she was younger she wouldn't even let her go near it.
"Lita,
This wand is now for your use to protect the princess. Use it well.
Teresa"
She looked up at the cockpit at the pilots. She wanted to shed some tears but she couldn't, no not now, she had to be strong about this. She had to be strong to protect this girl, for her parents. Her mother had to protect the family as well, and it was her turn. That's when she noticed it, in the window a red star was fast approaching.

***************************

The blond was holding a mirror looking at her hair. She loved it. The red bow her mother Aphrodite had given her, adorned her hair. The ship she was on, was approaching the red planet soon.
"I hope that the atmosphere doesn't play havoc with my skin." She held a picture of when the royal family of Venus, her family, meeting with the royal family of Mars, the two girls of Mars stood there smiling beside her. The two daughters of Mars looked so much alike though the older one was the one who would take the thrown to Mars once it was appropriate, her 19 birthday. That's when she opened a drawer next to the mirror to find a package with hearts all around it. She found a letter beside it.
"My beautiful daughter Mina,
This has been in the family for generations till the first Royalty appeared. It is for you to use to protect the princess. Protect her well.
Aphrodite"
She opened the package to find a yellow handled heart shaped wand that had floating hearts inside of the giant heart. It was the Vertacoa, her families wand. Venus looked at the picture of the sisters. One of them would be on Mars, the one she would protect, the other was with their father, the youngest one. She had gotten along well with the two girls when they last met and she hoped not much had changed between them. Setting her wand back down in the drawer, she continued to play with her hair as Mars fast approached.

***************************

Books where stacked high in the room she sat in in the ship. She would not leave Mercury without her collection. Today was the day she had to leave. Everyone was meeting on Mars and she hoped that she would get along with them all. Most of her age on Mercury made fun of her for being such a book worm and genus, though she didn't let it get to her. She was a princess, something that they could never be and also a guardian. Feeling honored to do such a thing, Amy had made a gift for the princess.
"I hope she likes it." She said picking up the blue package, that matched her hair, and gazed at it for a while. Setting it down she saw something in the pile of books, an unknown package that she did not place there. Standing up she walked over there and picked it up. It had her fathers handwriting upon a letter.
"My dearest Daughter,
These two items have been in the family for a while and I used them myself to protect the princess when I was your age though I added my knowledge to one of them they should be of great use to you in your battles and quest for knowledge.
Triton"
Tearing open the package she found a blue bound book with the symbol of Mercury on it and a blue handled wand with what looked to be a bubble at the end with a giant glowing, swirling mass of deep blue in the middle. It was the Berbasoa, her families wand. A smile drew across her face as she looked at the book. It was the complete knowledge of all reigning family members of Mercury. There was plant names of all planets visited, the languages of all planets visited, and herbal medicines. It had everything Amy had wanted in a book and even in the back was a place one could write in it as a journal. Her father's hand writing was in it and so where her ancestors till the time of the great alliance with Mars. It even had Merconius's point of view during that great war. That book is where the story comes out of. There was an actual eye witness account of it in there. Most of the universes history was placed in the book somewhere and somehow using the magic given to them, the book kept it's self small and once someone wrote in there it would type it out on pages so it could be read.
"Thank you father. . ." She muttered clasping the book close to her.

***************************

Raye opened the door and watched the servants head in with all the moon princess's stuff. There was a lot of it. Serena came up after all the servants had placed it in her room and put it where she commanded and stood in front of the princess.
"Could you show me around then?" She asked. Raye nodded and the two headed down the hallways, her long pink dress flowing behind her. The symbol of Mars sat upon her brow. Serena's garments where white with the crescent moon upon her forehead, both of them where in royal dress.
"There's going to be a party or ball tonight in your honor, yours and the other princesses'. We want you to all feel welcome here. We will be spending a lot of time together and I want to feel like you guys are all my sisters. Speaking of sisters, where is mine."
"You have a sister?" Serena asked. Her mother never mentioned a second girl to guard. Raye picked up on the confusion.
"Ya, though there are special circumstances with us two."
"What do you mean?"
"She's my sister, second in line to the thrown but she is also a guardian, not one that will be staying with us but she will be here a few days to get to know you guys as well." The confusion grew with Serena. Raye sighed.
"It'll all be explained later on tonight, I'll explain it to you all when you all are here. Hotaru and I will explain."
"Is that your sister?"
"Yes." They turned the hall to see an opening where a garden sat. A beautiful red fountain adorned the middle of it. Serena ran out and gazed around. Her eyes where full of wonder and amazement.
"This is so beautiful!" She exclaimed. Raye just smiled and giggled at how the young princess was acting. Raye walked out to Serena.
"I'm glad you like it." That's when there seemed to a big commotion in the hallway. A white haired girl ran down the vision. Raye gasped as she knew who it was. Guards and servants ran after her.
"Miss, please the Queen is busy." One of their voices shouted after her.
"I'm no Miss!" The woman's voice was herd screaming. Serena looked at the commotion and then at the princess's face. Raye's face told her something was wrong.
"Who's that?"
"My aunt." Raye said turning and heading away from the palace. "I should not be seen there now. She hates me." Serena caught up.
"I'm sure she doesn't." She said keeping an eye on the door. A sigh came from Raye's lips.
'She doesn't understand.' She thought. "Serena, my aunt Destanance has hated me since I was born. She was suppose to get the thrown when it came time but she got terribly sick when she was younger so my parents had another child, my mother Raydance to take the thrown for they feared Destanance wouldn't live to see her fourteen birthday. The choice was made, my mother would rule for they needed to make sure that the one they trained as a leader would live. My aunt never died, actually she got better when she was about 26, but by that time my mother had the thrown. She pleaded with the people of Mars that she should be Queen, first born, first right but that couldn't happen, the jewel had chosen my mother as it's keeper by that time so the people of Mars made my mother and her agree that Destanance's first born would be heir to the thrown of Mars."
"That never happened, did it?" Serena shook her head no. They where nearing the royal forest that was kept inside the garden.
"No, it didn't. Destanance married a Neptune of royal blood. I was born to my mother but no child was born to her. The people of Mars saw what was happening. Soon Hotaru was born and they called the two sisters together. A Mercurian doctor was there, for their the best in medicine and the looked at Destanance. Because of her being ill when she was younger, it effected her in such a way that the Mercurian proclaimed she could bare any children and there fore voided the agreement between the two and that I was the rightful heir to the thrown. I was only five when this happened and Hotaru was a few weeks old. She blames me for the problems."
"But you couldn't help it or do anything to cause it, you weren't born!" Serena exclaimed.
"I know, but try to tell that to her. She doesn't want to hear the truth." They stopped on the path in the woods. Serena then gave her a hug which surprised Raye but she returned the hug. "Thanks."
"To tell you the truth I didn't want to come here, I thought you where going to be a spoiled brat or something but I'm glad I did." She said as they sat on the ground. The two smiled but that's when the silence broke by a panic alarm. Raye's head shot up.
"We got to head back, now." She said standing up with Serena and they broke into a sprint.
Serena followed the princess down the halls to a set of large red doors. They swung open as Raye approached. There to one side was three girls looking up at a glowing black figure. Queen Raydance stood between the two groups.
"Please Destanance. Don't do this." Her mother said pleading with the figure. Raye looked up to see Destanance floating up with a twisted version of a wand pointed at the four figures.
"Aunt!" Raye shouted. Destanance turned to face the young princess. That's when a smaller figure ran beside up beside her and a figure came behind Raye.
"Destanance!" A male voice said looking up at his sister in law.
"I am not that weakling you speak of anymore." An evil deep twisted voice came from the woman's mouth. "She died when her sister usurped the thrown from her." A smile drew across the woman's face. "And I've come to offer some pay back. I promise this sister," She turned to her sister, her blackened eyes staring at her. "By the time your oldest is to take the thrown, you will be childless like me."
"You couldn't possibly do that! There your nieces!" Raydance yelled. "They love you, and care for you."
"How, you evil scum bag!" It was the brown haired girl that was standing behind the queen. "As long as I'm standing here, by the power of Jupiter you will not touch a single hair on any one from this families head."
"Me too!" It was the blond one beside the princess of Jupiter. "In the name of Venus, nothing will happen to them."
"I as well." The blue haired girl said stepping up with a book in her hand. "I'd suggest you not declare war on Mars for you declare war on all ten royal families who would fight to the death to protect them. I am the princess of Mercury and I will not let you come near them." The three girls stood there, not one hour of training in the scout way but where willing to die to save them.
"How?" Destanance barked out. That's when a figure appeared behind the woman. She had flaming red hair and a twisted smile. Her eyes glared at everyone but settled upon the two sisters who stood next to each other.
She dove at them.
Raye opened her eyes slowly holding her younger sister in a protective stance. Serena stood there blocking the witch woman's hit with her wand. Sweat dripped off the princess's brow.
"I am Princess Serena. . . and I am from the Moon. And on behalf of the moon, you will not touch them in my life time. I am a guardian. And I see now what it means." She pushed the woman off her wand and stood in front of the three behind her. "On behalf of the moon I will write wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you!" The woman floated up next to Destanance.
"I found her a broken woman with no hope or future. I made her into something and gave her a power, unlike her real family. I am Queen Beryl, Queen of the Negaverse and I will be helping her take her revenge upon you worthless brats. Don't forget the name, for you will be hearing more about it as Raye's coronation approaches." An evil laugh came from her. She disappeared. Destanance floated there for a second longer and then vanished too. Raye's father rushed to his wife's side. Tears began to trail down her face.
"Honey. . ." She said holding her husband. "Do you really think she will do it? She'll hurt our children?"
"No I don't," He kissed her forehead making the Mars insignia flare up. "I see we've got great guardians to protect them and as long as their here I don't think she could touch a hair on their heads if she wanted to." Raydance nodded.
"Yes, you're right. If it wasn't for Serena there, Raye and Hotaru would be dead now." A smile drew across her lips. "Let her try, Mars is ready. We've got a court unlike any other in the time Mars has been the head planet." They turned to look at the girls who all stood there. "Now, how about we eat and get to know each other?" All the girls nodded and followed the four Martians to the dining hall. There sat a feast of food, recipes from each planet.
"Wow!" They all exclaimed looking around. Raye smiled taking a seat next to her sister in the middle of the girls. Her parents sat at the head table next to each other talking.
"Could we introduce ourselves here?" Raye asked looking around at the princesses. "I mean I know which planet you are all from from your speeches but I would like a name."
"I'm Lita." The Jupiter princess said.
"I'm Mina." The blond from Venus said.
"I'm Amy." The Blue haired Mercurian said.
"And I'm Serena." Serena said looking around.
"O.k. I'm Raye, the princess you must protect but really we're here to become friends." The girls nodded.
"And I'm her sister Hotaru." They looked at the girl who sat next to her but she didn't have a Mars insignia on her forehead but instead. . .
"Saturn?" Amy said dropping her fork. "How does that work?"
"Our father and mother fell in love during a galaxy conference." Hotaru said. "He is the king of Saturn and she of course is the Queen of Mars. During the conference they spoke to the royal families and they agreed they could marry but under one condition, the planets stay separate kingdoms. Though Mars is the head, they didn't want the child that came from them to have Saturn and Mars. So they agreed saying first born would be the heir to Mars and second born would be heir to Saturn."
"But if in case something drastic happens and one of us dies, we may assume the kingdom till either it is o.k. that the kingdoms can be combined or another heir is born. So technically we are second heir to each other's kingdom." Raye said. They closed their eyes and color swept around them, Hotaru had red, and Raye had black and when it cleared they sat there in different outfits, Hotaru had an outfit like Raye had and instead of a Saturn insignia she had Mars and vice versa with Raye.
"Children!" A stern female voice said looking at the two sisters.
"Sorry." Raye said to her parents as color surrounded them again and they where back to their original outfits. All the girls giggled and looked at the princesses. "They don't really like us doing that but we can transform into each others princess outfit, as you just saw." She whispered. Hotaru nodded and looked around to all the girls.
"You know, this is going to be some great friendships." Serena said. "I mean, we're guardians but you know we'll all be best friends in no time." All the princess's nodded.
"Let's vow to always be best friends!" Mina said. The girls placed their hands in the middle and their insignias began to glow. Then they began to eat.

***************************

Later that night all the girls where in the living room talking and chatting away. Amy was sitting on a chair reading the book her father had given to her.
"Girls, don't stay up to long." Raydance's voice said through the door. "You have classes in the morning and training in the afternoon."
"Yes your majesty." All the girls said then started to giggle at it. Raye sat in the middle of them, on the floor. They had all gotten to know each other a little better as the time had passed till they had to bed. Lita and Mina's rooms where across from each other in the hallway leading up to the two princess's rooms. Serena's was on one side of the rooms, next to Raye's and Amy was on the other side. If anything passed through the hall, it would have to go by everyone's rooms before they got to the two princess's. Even then it was hard because there was always a guard standing between the doors.
Hotaru and Raye sat upon her bed talking in Raye's room.
"What's it like on Saturn?" Raye asked. Hotaru sighed and looked up, light began to fill the room as the room began to transform into a landscape. It was really hilly and the rings where visible from the ground. It held an orange glow to everything, even the plants did so. Raye watched as it went to the palace which had a very organic feel to it, like it was reaching toward them. "Wow." Raye let out a gasp. The room went back to it's original form.
"Mom will probably make you visit every planet with your court some time before you take the thrown." Hotaru said rolling over so she could look at her sister. Raye stood up pacing back and forth.
"Hotaru. . ." She started. Every since the incident with Destanance that afternoon something had been bugging her. "Do you wish you held the heir spot of Mars?"
She was struck with the question. Hotaru had never thought about it. She always figured it was the spot she was chosen for, to be the queen of Saturn one day, because she was born second. It wasn't like her aunt, who could only hold the name as princess for the rest of her life, unless there was a mass killing of the royal family of Mars.
"No, Raye, I don't. You have your place and I have mine." She replied. "I was raised being told that I will be the Queen of Saturn while you Mars. Just because you hold a spot above me doesn't make me any less loved or unimportant. I will always be a step higher then my predecessors of Saturn, I have Martian blood in me. I will always be protected different then the other lesser royals. . ."
"But you are no lesser, you're a Martian as well."
"I know, I am second heir to the thrown of Mars and I will as well will have guardians, less in number then yours but strength will compensate for that. Father and mother talked about it. You will have Venus, Mercury, Moon, and Jupiter while I will have Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto watching out for me. Father was a little afraid of my safety but mother had already thought about it. She had it set way before we were born." Raye nodded.
"I was wondering why not all of the scouts weren't coming to Mars to train."
"Because their going to Saturn to train." The two sisters smiled at each other.
"This is probably going to be one of the last times we'll see each other for a while, isn't it?"
"I guess it would be probably so." Hotaru said.
"Then a tickle fight is in order!" Raye yelled jumping upon her sister.


***********************************************
< br> There is the first chapter that spawned such wonderful wonderful memories ^^. I hope you stick around for the rest of the story. Please review before you go, unless your reading the rest of the story then continue on and review once done and thanks always for taking the time to read one of my stories.