Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ The Present ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 4: The Present

Her deep violet eyes gazed up to see her ceiling of her room. Sitting up she began to rub her head and mumble.
"I was sure i was just sweeping the grounds." Getting up she placed on a robe and headed out of her room to see grandpa cooking.
"Grandpa!" She yelled rushing over and taking the pan from him. "Where's Chad? This is his job, not yours. It's to dangerous for you to be cooking at your age."
"Who's Chad?" He asked trying to grab the pan back but found it pointless because of Raye's height. "You must have hit your head pretty hard yesterday. I do not know of any Chad. You didn't hire someone without asking me first, did you?" Raye backed away blinking then turning to the calendar to see the date. She let out a gasp. How could it be?! Quickly she turned around.
"Are you trying to trick me. This can not be the right date." Her grandfather turned and gazed at the calendar.
"Oops, your right." He picked the bottom up and tacked it up. "That month is over." Raye fell on the floor then jumped up running toward her room to find her scout communicator but as she dug, nothing came up. That's when it hit her. Falling to her knees on her bed she realized what day it was. . . the day Jeadite would come and ask for a job, if the day was right and this wasn't some practical joke her grandfather was pulling. She needed to talk to Serena right away, Amy, Lita, and . . .Mina, yet she wasn't here yet from England.
"What's going on here?" She murmured to herself.

***************************

Luna peaked her left eye open feeling something was wrong. She stood up gazing around the room she realized something, it wasn't the same as yesterday.
"Serena. . . " Luna said standing up. Serena was mumbling something in her sleep. Luna tried pawing her but nothing seemed to happen. So she bit her ear. . .
"AAAHHHHH!" Serena woke up screaming as she flung the cat across the room against the wall. "Why did you do that?" Luna slowly got up from the floor. That's when Serena stopped and looked around. "My room was painted, right?" Standing she gazed at everything. That's when she looked at the calendar. Tearing it off the wall she looked at the date. "Luna. . ."
"Don't think it's a joke." She said. She grabbed a robe and tore out of her room. Luna hoped after quickly following Serena down to the kitchen where Sammy and her parents sat.
"Morning Serena. . ." Her mom said. "Your early today."
"Ya, um I'm heading to Molly's house to go over some dance steps."
"I didn't know Molly and you where into that sort of thing, if you where I would have opted to pay for real dance lessons. I remember when I was younger my mother made me go into dance. I hated it but knew she wanted to see me at it. . ." Serena's eyes glanced at the calendar frantically as a sweat drop appeared on her brow. That's when she felt a tug at her pant leg. Gazing down Luna was glaring at her.
"Well anyway mom, not to be rude and all I got to get dressed and going." Turning that when her father picked up a note and handed it to her.
"Some girl from a temple called saying it was urgent. I thought it was a wrong number but she seemed to know you."
"Raye!" Serena exclaimed stealing the note from her fathers hand and looking at it happily.
"You never told me you made friends with the temple priestess at Cherry Hill." Her mother said. "I remember when I was your age I had met the temple priestess at that time. She fascinated me. She was so beautiful, and held such power. . ."
Serena not listening to her mothers words ran back upstairs and quickly began to change into her school uniform.
"Brooch. . .Brooch. . .where is it?!" She yelled flinging covers and sheets everywhere. Luna walked in with a round jewel in her mouth. Serena stopped as she dropped it on the floor in front of her and picked it up. A worried look washed over her face as the realization that it was not her brooch, but a transformation pen. It was round, gold, and it held a weird light pink gem in the crescent moon making it a full circle. There where little sparkle decorations around it and in the crescent moon held what seemed to look like white feathers. The handle was a light pink.
"I know as much as you do Serena." Luna whispered. "But get over to Raye's. The rest of the scouts will be there eventually." Serena nodded and grabbed her book case when she realized.
"What about Mina. . ." She didn't finish and headed out the door with Luna trailing after her.

***************************

Looking up from her book she saw the familiar blond pig-tails trailing after a girl who was sprinting down the street away from the school.
"AMY!" Her voice yelled in front of her. A shy smile crept across her face as she tucked the book under her arm and stood there for her to show up.
"Hello Serena, and Luna." She said looking down to see the black cat jump off of her shoulders in front of her.
"Amy, do you know what's going on?" Serena put bluntly. "Yesterday it was five years in the future and now it's back to the Beryl days." Amy shook her head worried.
"I knew something was wrong when I couldn't find my graduate level college books I study from. . ." A sad gaze she showed as she dug in her pocket and retrieved the item in question. ". . . And this." It was a transformation pen, but it was a different pen. It did hold the Mercury symbol at the top but around it held the ocean waves. A light blue handle it held. Serena looked down at luna who again held a worried look.
"I'm heading to Raye's now." Serena said looking down at the street which held a growing number of girls. "Where ever Lita is now, I'm sure she'll be heading there herself."
"How do we get a hold of Mina?"
"We don't know yet." Luna broke in. "But I'm sure she'll try to make contact with us very shortly." The girls nodded and began to run toward Raye's temple.

***************************

"YOU WILL GIVE ME YOUR LIFE FORCE!" The man screamed holding Raye who was scrapping at his arm. "I tried sparing you. . . I was just going to attack the visitors. . ."
Tears began to fill her eyes as her breath was being cut off. She shouldn't have confronted him about it till the scouts came. It was to late now, her foolish pride was going to get her killed. . . She wasn't going to live long enough to understand what happened and why she was in the past again when. . . "OUCH!" Jeadite dropped her gripping for his back. Raye fell on the ground holding her neck. Part of her knew her crows would be there, they always helped her but the red cat was a surprise. It was biting him on the shoulder. Raye scrambled up on her feet and ran for the phone.
"Gotta. . .get a hold. . .of Serena. . ." She said seeing the phone and reaching for it. Quickly she dialed the number and stood there nervously. That's when the red cat came around the corner.
"Mars!" She said. That's when Jeadite was behind her and grabbed the phone cord from the wall and pulled. She dropped the phone and ran to her room, with the cat trailing behind her. Shutting the door she opened the window. "MARS!" The cat yelled once again. Raye stopped finally noticing the red cat. It held her sign on it's forehead, a lot like Luna and Artemis do with Serena's. She jumped up and a brooch fell at her feet.
"This. . .this isn't mine. . ." She stumbled out gazing at it. In the center held a red jewel that glowed profusely when she touched it. Around it framed the mars symbol.
"But it is." The female red cat said. "Raise it up and yell Mars Prism power." Falling on the floor, Raye thought this had to be some joke of her mind.
"That's Serena's transformation!" Raye said angrily. "Is this some twisted sick joke of the Negaverse's!?" A sweat drop appeared on the cats head.
"No, no it's not. Just say the words and you'll see."

********************

Amy came to the doorway first to see Jeadite standing there trying to break into Raye's room. Dodging off to the side realizing she had not been seen she raised up her pen.
"Mercury Power!"
Serena finally caught up, out of breath and saw her transform. Luna came to her side and looked up.
"Serena, I guess with the pen you would say Moon Power." Gazing at the pen in her hands she wished things where normal, or at least they knew what was going on.
"Um. . .Moon Power!" A rush of pink wind surrounded her and soon she was in her normal outfit. Mercury's seemed different as well. . . her boots held the Mercury sign now and instead of the normal light blue button in the middle, it held a silverfish blue mercury crest, a lot like what Serena had. ". . .strange. . ." She murmured as Mercury ran inside. Serena wasn't far after her.
Jeadite had backed away from the door and held his hands outstretched toward it, ready to power up and send a energy blast at the door.
"Stop it right there!" Serena yelled. "Attacking a poor defenses temple priestess is wrong! I am Sailor Moon champion of Justice, on be half of the moon I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, that means you."
"I am Sailor Mercury, Guardian and on behalf of the planet Mercury I will defeat you!" Luna watched as a red cat came out of Raye's room when the door opened.
"Who. . .who is that?!" Somehow that cat seemed familiar. She walked over to the new cat as Raye emerged from the door. It made Luna almost drop to the floor. Her outfit was not like any of the ones she remembered the Princess of Mars wearing as she powered up.
"MARS FIREBALL SURROUND!" She screamed but nothing happened. The cat seemed to laugh at her stupidity.
"Where did you get that?" She chuckled. "That's not your power silly." Raye glared at the cat who just sat there. She jumped up and a scepter landed by her side without what seemed a jewel. "Say Mars Crystal Flame Spiral" Mars picked it up and raised it in front of her, if she was right about the brooch, she should be right about this.
"MARS
CRYSTAL
FLAME
SPIRAL!" She yelled as a crystallized flame shot forth toward Jeadite who just disappeared from the area. Sailor Moon looked behind them to see a woman standing there laughing. Her outfit was made out of lucky charms. Serena about fell back. She was ugly! But an evil smile spread across the monsters face as she reached out her charm filled arm, extending it toward Mars.
"Charms Barricade!" The monster yelled which sent all the scouts flying and cats. Luna landed not far from the fallen Serena who was trying to get up from landing against the wall while she jumped away. She jumped to retrieve the crescent wand when two wands landed before them. One had a Mercury symbol upon it and the other was Serena's. The red cat ran over.
"I am Demos, cat guardian of the princess. Mercury pick up your wand, Serena you do the same. Mercury yell Mercury Tsunami and Moon yell Moon Four Winds attack." Luna looked at the new cat astonished.
"That's not their attacks. . ." Luna muttered. "Mercury never had a wand."
"What world did you grow up in?" She asked looking at the two scouts. "Not to be mean but I told Mars to use that and it worked, did it not?" Moon and Mercury nodded. They gave each other glad glances and stood in front of the monster.
"MOON FOUR WINDS ATTACK!"
"MERCURY TSUNAMI!" There powers came from their wands and mixed creating a watery tornado and collided with the monster who vaporized. Serena and Amy turned around to see Mars on the ground, the scepter beside her.
"Raye!" Serena yelled rushing to her friends side. "What happened?" Luna glanced over at the new cat Demos.
"Her wand drained her of her available energy. It is a very powerful tool." That's when the passed out Raye slowly began to sit up.
"Wow. . . what a rush. . ." She mumbled rubbing her head and looking up at her two scout friends. "What just happened?" Amy began to type on her computer.
"I have no clue Raye." That's when they all looked at Demos who was just licking her paw and meowing. "Um. . .Demos is it?"
"Yep!" The cat said cheerfully standing up all the way.
"You seem to know what's going on, more then Serena, Raye, Luna, and I." The cat took a deep breath and looked at them.
"We are to find the princess. That's our mission." They all fell down besides Demos who was completely clueless to what was going on.
"I could have told you that. . ." Luna mumbled under Serena.
"Hey guys, lets power down and head to the fire room to talk, ok." Raye said standing up and letting the new outfit fade. Serena nodded and her and Amy did the same.
Raye closed the door behind them and took her place next to the fire as was accustomed to.
"Why does Raye and Amy have a wand?" Serena first asked looking over at the two who where nodding in agreement with her. Looking around Demos let out another sigh and started. . .
"Because of the fact all the families have one."
"All?" Amy asked.
"Though they all rule under one family, they have kingdoms of their own to protect. So there would be a wand in each house. The princesses family is the rulers of the universe, right?" Demos stated
"Ya." They all said in unison.
"There is the royal court below there made up of the lower class princesses, right?" Demos continued.
"Ya."
"Well one family isn't going to be able to protect all 9 planets by themselves. The princesses won't always be on the main planet with the princess. They will be on theirs, solving the smaller crimes and such." As Luna herd this it made complete sense. Why didn't Serenity think of that before? Shaking her head she watched the new cat. ". . .that's just how it is."
"Then where were we before?" Amy asked. "And where are we now?" She began to type on her computer. Serena just sat there not knowing what to say or do about this situation. Her mind told her things where not the same as before, they will never be. Tears began to fill her eyes as the thought struck her.
". . .I'm not the princess. . ." She mumbled. Luna glanced up at her.
"Of course you are Serena, we all know that. You hold the crescent Moon wand. When the time comes you'll see that though something's have changed that has not."
". . .Luna you don't understand. . .I can't be. . ." She mumbled wiping the silent tears away.
"Give this up will you!" Luna yelled. "We are not going back to the whole incident where you weren't going to be sailor moon. I hated that time."
"I'M NOT, OK!" Serena stood up violently yelling.
SMACK
She touched the side of her face as she looked at Raye. There was a hand print on her cheek. Anger was in her nostrils but pity and hope where in her eyes.
"Give it up Serena." She said quietly unlike what she had just done. "Nobody can be the princess but you. You might be dorky and a meatball head but your what this world needs. . ." She quietly sat back down and didn't move her eyes from the fire. That's when Amy looked at the clock.
"O my gosh!" She said standing up. "We forgot about school!" That's when Amy and Serena bolted out of the door, Luna trailing after them. Demos looked up at Raye who slowly got up from her position with a sad facial expression painted on her face. As she stepped out of the fire room to go change out of her temple outfit her crows came and perched on her shoulders, one of them holding her brooch. She sighed taking it from it's beak and setting it on her bedside table as she changed into her uniform. Quickly she stuffed it in her briefcase and headed out the door with Demos following after her. She was lost in her own thoughts.
'What if Serena's right?. . . What if she's not who where looking for anymore?. . .' She closed her eyes and let out a long gated breath. Whatever happened made this one strange reality. . .

**********************************************************
< br> Well there is the fourth chapter to my on going series. Please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.