Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ The Cats out of the Bag ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 12: The Cats out of the Bag

Sitting up in her bed Serena gazed upon her ceiling.
"I'm so bored..." She mumbled. Turning her eyes toward Luna, she noticed the cat was gazing out the window. "What's up?"
"Nothing." Luna said looking back at her. "Tell me Serena...Do you think it would be possible to heal the generals of the negaverse?" Serena looked at the cat almost dropping her jaw. Some days she wondered if her feline companion couldn't just read minds. Ever since Jeadite or who ever it was kissed her she couldn't stop thinking about it. Why was it that when he kissed her her gown appeared. So many things now seemed weird and confusing. Everyday for a while now it seemed like the pain from Darien was fading and she was moving on with her life. She didn't understand why it seemed that the pain in her heart was just melting away, maybe it was the kiss from him...from possibly Jeadite.
"I think it could be possible." She said scooting closer to Luna. "I mean we healed Ann and Alan so I think we could heal them if they wanted to go on the good side." She turned her head toward the mirror on top of her dresser and looked at her hair. Turning her head back she leaned it on her knees and looked forward. She just hoped with the passage of time that the truth would be revealed and she could finally understand everything that has happened.

**************************************

Demos sat on the window cell looking at the street. Rei was in her room sitting there, it was strange, she seemed love sick now but also worried. She didn't worry though, Rei had seen a lot of problems in her day. Jumping down she headed out the door of the temple and into the yard. Would Artemis ever accept her as a sibling again since this whole thing started? She didn't know and she was afraid to find out. Looking up she saw Mina and Artemis out on the street walking to what seemed the mall. Mina turned her head seeing the red cat and waved at her moving on by. Turning she sat underneath the cherry tree, cleaning herself cuz she had nothing better to do.

Mina on the other hand was humming to herself happily as she thought about how the past few days had gone, you would have sworn that nothing had happened with the timeline.
"The new sailor V video game is coming out today." She said to herself happily skipping along.
"You are Sailor V." Artemis whispered glaring up at the girl. "Why do you need to play it when you lived it." Mina just chuckled like she normally did when put in such a strange position and acted all blonde.
"But are you sure?" She said winking. "You never know in this reality what exactly is true and what's false." Artemis just rolled his eyes following beside her as they walked into the game store were she did buy the game. "I'll beat this game faster then anyone has ever seen!" Yelling she jumped up rushing down the stairs, making Artemis run (which he rarely did).

Amy who was at the book store saw her friend from the store window running along the side walk. A chuckle came from her as she turned to pay for her new book and left the store. Taking it out the book she began to read it walking down the street happily. It was a sunny day and school had begun a few months ago. She had also gotten better grades faster cuz all the material that they were going through now is what she had gone through before. She thought of it almost as cheating but knew there was nothing she could do to change the present at this time. Biting her lip she changed to the next page...that's when she hit a person. Books and papers went flying everywhere.
"Sorry." Amy said grabbing the book she hand from the ground and the bag. "I wasn't paying attention. I guess I shouldn't read and walk." The male figure, whom was wearing a baseball cap just chuckled.
"Your Amy from Computer class, aren't you?" He said. Looking up Amy nodded smiling seeing the guys face. It was Jed.
"It's nice seeing you outside of the classroom." She said bowing her head. He nodded.
"I'm just meeting a buddy of mine at the ice cream shop. Do you mind joining me and him for some ice cream?" Amy blinked startled at what he had just asked her.
"I guess it would be ok. I don't have any classes later today." She said.
"Then it's settled." Jed said. Nodding Amy joined him on the left side and they walked to the ice cream shop together.

*****************************************

Lita on the other hand of all the scouts wasn't having a very good time. Glaring at the pie that had just burnt she threw the mitts she was using on the counter. Today was not becoming her best day fast.
"And we're suppose to be having a meeting later today!" She yelled frustratedly stomping in her living room and flopping on the couch. Rubbing the sides of her head she took a few deep breaths. "Why does it seem that everything has to become flipped in my life. I don't even know who I'm suppose to protect. I mean by the time I came into the picture, it wasn't long after that I found out that Serena was the princess..." Sitting up she flipped on the t.v. to the cooking channel and sat there for a half an hour watching it and trying to cool down. Finally she had had enough about baking cakes and went back into the kitchen to try to make another pie for tonight's meeting at the temple. Serena would have a hissy fit if she didn't show up with some sorta baked sweet goods.

******************************************

Looking out at the street below his apartment Darien stood upon the balcony. Visions of last night played through out his memory as he just stared off into space. He always asked himself why. Why was he even doing this? What had happened exactly in the past or even know to do all this? Confusion plagued through the prince's mind. Did he love Raye in the other life or was that just nothing like he thought it was back then. Love was confusing enough without the added rebirth and now rewind that they had all experienced. All he wanted was the truth...

A flash hit him

"You will never hold her again!" An evil voice laughed in his mind. Turning he seemed to be at a dance of some sort. Floating above was a woman, with a dark red aura around her laughing evil. Quickly looking in front of him he saw what looked to be Raye and Hotaru holding each other looking fearful at the woman. Tears trickled down the younger girls face as she seemed to be pleading with the woman. Raye just looked angry.
'I wonder what exactly is going on...' He thought looking up

But as fast as it came, he blinked back to reality. Grabbing his head he realized he was sweating. "What's going on..." He mumbled looking out at the street below once again. What ever it was, could be beyond the scouts at this point.

************************************************

H otaru was humming happily as she finished the dishes Raye had asked her to do. At least here she felt safe, she was a sailor scout and so was Raye. Turning she saw the scout of fire sitting at the table going through the bills that the shrine had received. She wrote out checks and signed them putting them in the envelopes that came with the bill. Raye then got up and went to the mailbox to send them off. Hotaru chuckled. Maybe she could ask Raye to teach her to become a Miko. She hadn't noticed really the last two times she was here (mainly cuz it was dark and all), but people probaby could mistake the two girls as siblings. Besides the fact that Raye's hair shined a little redder then hers and her eyes were more on the blue side of purple they could pass off as siblings. A small giggle came from her shy exterior. Turning her head she saw the man from the night before standing at the open door. Bowing she turned.
"Welcome." She said making Raye turn around to see who it was.
"O.." Raye almost fell over the chair that was in front of here. "Darien, what are you doing here so early? I thought you had work today." He just laughed lightly rubbing the back of his head nervously.
"I don't, I work tomorrow." He said. Hotaru chuckled as she saw Raye become flustered slowly, her cheeks becoming as red as her kimno.
"I'll leave you two." Hotaru said with a bow. Darien turned to the girl with a smile. That's when his vision came back to him as a memory. A frown came upon his lips. "Don't." He said. "We need to talk, well I got to tell Raye something and it has to do with you."
"Let's go in the fire room then." Raye said walking down the hall. Darien followed her and Hotaru finished off the line. Opening the door they all walked in. Darien stopped and looked at the large sacred fire in the middle of the room. The presence of it left people in ah. "So." Raye broke in. "What's up?" Darien sat down in-between the two girls.
"I had a vision." He started...

***************************************

Amy burst out laughing at the joke Jed's friend had just told. He looked a little like Jed, she'd admit, lighter blonde hair but a more delicate body for a guy. He was smart too.
"So..Zach." Amy said. "You said you came from America." Zach nodded taking a sip of his coffee.
"Yah, I was born here to my parents, father from Japan and my mother was an American, so I have citizenship to both countries." Amy nodded.
"I've been there once, on a scholarship program last summer..." That's when Amy remembered that last summer was probaby in the future, not the last summer they would probaby assume.
"That's cool." He said. She nodded blushing and now becoming quiet. That's when Zach looked up at the time. "Dude, we gotta get going, the boss woman will have a cow if we're late." He said. Jed nodded standing up.
"It was good to see you again Amy." He said walking out the door. Zach stood there for a few minutes longer grabbing his bag which looked large enough to house a lab top.
"It's nice to meet an intellectual equal so far away from my turf." Zach said smiling at her. Amy just blushed more nodding. He was quit cute. "Maybe we can go to the theater down the street sometime. Jed doesn't like those things but I just can't get enough. Amy smiled brightly nodding.
"I know the feeling. Only one of my friends will go to a play with me as well. I would quit enjoy it if we went together." She said not really realizing that she had just asked him out on a date. Quickly scribbling something on a piece of scrap paper he had dug out of his case he handed it to her.
"When you feel like going, just call." He said waving. "Bye Amy."
"Bye Zach." She waved seeing him leave out the door. Glancing down she looked at the paper. There was a phone number and an address written upon it. That's when she realized what had just happened and began to become crimson red in the face. Looking up she saw the time and almost flipped out. This time She was going to be late!

Jed and Zach chuckled looking back to see the blue haired girl rushing down the street.
"She is a cute one." Zach said with a smile looking at her. "I hope she does call. It gets boring there without anything to do."
"Don't know if she will, I mean she does seem a little shy." Jed said. "Unless its got to do with what she knows best." Zach chuckled watching her turn a corner.
"We got to hurry though. That little extended outing might make her mad." Zach said turning to Jed. Jed frowned looking at his watch.
"Well we got to look legit Zach." He said. "So we can find the princesses right under their noses." Both of them glanced each way and walked into a alley alone. Black color swirled around their forms leaving Jeadite and Zoicite standing there. Jeadite nodded to his companion as Zach disappeared leaving Jeadite there for a few seconds more. Touching his lips he sighed remembering the princess of the moon's kiss and his the other night. Why did he even do that and why is it that he won't tell Beryl who one of the scouts was. If she ever found out he knew and even kissed one Jeadite wouldn't live to see his next birthday. But something told him that if he ever told, he would be loosing something very precious to him even though he didn't quit understand what. Turning he disappeared after his friend.

**********************************

Amy was out of breath coming to the temple with everyone there, even Serena was there before her.
"Hey welcome back to the world of living." Lita chuckled seeing the girl. Amy bowed.
"I'm sooo sorry." She said sitting down besides Serena who was next to Hotaru. "Jed from class asked me to join him and a friend at the ice cream shop..." Amy rambled. Serena began to smile widely.
"...let me get this straight...A guy asked YOU Amy to go have some ice cream with him and you went?" Serena said poking her friend in the side. Amy flushed nodding looking down. Lita smiled.
"Well then, Amy's getting a boyfriend then. That is worth being late for." She said with a smile.
"His friend Zach gave me his number and address." Amy said putting the piece of paper out on the table for all of them to look at. All the girls screamed in unison. That's when Raye came in with a tray of cut up pie that Lita had brought and tea for all of them.
"What's going on?" She said.
"Amy might have a boyfriend." Mina said with a smile. Raye looked down at the paper and chuckled to herself seeing it.
"Well Amy..." Raye said. "Now your not going to be late everyday cuz of this guy, are you?" Amy shook her head no.
"Not at all...I just got caught up in a conversation with him." Amy said blushing. "He wants me to call him later."
"Go for it!" Mina said pushing Amy's shoulder.
"Anyway," Raye started. "A monster attacked Hotaru and I a few days ago." Sitting down she passed out the treats and drinks.
"Yah, Raye thinks its cuz of my father. That's why I'm staying here. How long do you think I can stay here before he finds me?" Hotaru said looking down.
"Hopefully we can correct things with your father soon." Lita said. "I mean we got Beryl and her father to deal with right now. If we can cure him before anything major happens that will save a LOT of time." Mina nodded in agreement with Lita.
"Finding you Hotaru and giving you your power also helps us, cuz we got another scout to help us." Amy said looking up from the book she had grabbed out of her bag. The rest of the day went along fine as they talked about what had been going on in their recent lives, about how either they were happy that they were reliving it for tests and such. Serena was becoming a pretty good student cuz of Amy's breaking down on her during the high school exams that one time. The girls felt like that it was like old times. Everything was brought up but Darien and the Serena thing. All the girls didn't want to see Serena start to cry or get upset. But little did they know that the entire time that they were talking, Serena was remembering the kiss that the Jeadite look alike, maybe possibly him, gave to her. Raye on the other hand was thinking about the night before, about Darien. The hard exterior of the scout of fire didn't show one bit about how much she was falling for Darien again.
'Why? Why is this time so different...' She thought remember when they dated before. It did feel different though.
"Raye.., earth to Raye.." Mina said waving her hand over Raye's face. Raye blinked then realized how far she had started to daydream. "Man, Raye's acting like Serena and Serena's acting like Raye. That's it tomorrow I'm taking you both to get your brains checked." Lita, Hotaru, and Amy were laughing at both the scouts.
"Ah...sorry." Raye said blushing slightly. That's when she got up. "Excuse me, I got to do do something." Leaving the room the rest of the people. Hotaru smiled giggle.
"Do you know what's going on?" Mina said looking at the scout of Saturn.
"Probaby thinking about that guy that stopped by the other night to give her a rose." She said.
"What?!" Everyone said standing up in shock.
"Who?" Lita demanded.
"A guy who was quit tall, black hair and blue eyes." Hotaru said thinking about it. "He was cute."
"That sounds like Darien." Mina said looking shocked.
"Yah that's what she called him." Hotaru said. Serena looked up at were Raye had left. Could Raye be the princess this go round? They all assumed that the princess had fallen for the prince of Earth and if that was the case then if Darien was coming around with roses...she could possibly be it.
"Serena what are you going to do about it?" Mina said.
"Nothing." Serena said with a smile. "I told Darien that it wasn't going to work out and that he should not feel all to bad for liking someone else when the time comes."
"Gosh Serena." Amy said. "That sounds really grown up of you." Serena nodded.
"Besides, there might be another guy." She giggled all to Serena like making everyone fall down. As the commotion was going on Demo's slipped in from outside. Walking back she peaked her head into Raye's room to find her sitting alone in the bed.
"Funny it is Demos." She muttered to the cat. "I've always dreamed of the day when Darien who ask me to date him again but now its come and I feel like I'm betraying Serena." Demos just chuckled jumping up beside her on the bed.
"Raye you knew even back then that something was wrong, didn't you." She said looking up at the scout of Mars.
"What do you mean?" Raye asked looking down at her,
"How did you feel when Darien asked you out?"
"Overjoyed." Raye said with almost a laugh thrown in there.
"And when after you found out that he was suppose to be for Serena?"
"Devastated." Raye mumbled looking down at a feather that one of the crows had left. "Though since she was the princess and they were suppose to be destined I said nothing. I always hoped it was just a dream, that I would awaken from it but as the years went by I grew to accept my reality and now since all this happened, I don't know what to think anymore." Raye sighed falling back on her bed.
"Well Raye, I got one last question to ask you about all of this." She said. "Are you happy now?" Raye turned her head to face the cat. She thought about everything had happened, and then the night Darien gave her the rose.
"Yah...yah I am Demos." She said breaking into a smile.

Getting up not to long after Raye had left the table, she spied a few feet back purple eyes gazed at the two talking from a crack in the door. Hotaru giggled seeing Raye respond to the last mark with a smile on her face.
"I am really glad about it." She whispered to herself. Not understand completely why Hotaru felt that this was right, like her being here with the miko. They did look quit alike and maybe that was why Hotaru felt a special bond with her. Maybe it was just that and being a scout that made her feel that but Hotaru thought that was enough to accept everything that was happening to them. Turning she looked out the window to see Darien's car pull up outside the temple. Smiling walking to the door she opened it before he could knock on it. Blinking in surprise Darien smiled at the girl dressed in a white and purple kimno that Raye had supplied her.
"Hey Hotaru." He said chuckling.
"Hey Darien." She replied.
"You remembered this time." He said. Nodding she let him inside.
"Yah there was talk of you today Darien." Hotaru said following him down the hall.
"Really, how so?" He asked turning his head to her.
"Well it pertained to your visit the other night were you gave Raye the rose." Darien chuckled nervously with a "really?" look upon his face. Hotaru giggled seeing his expression. "Was I not to tell it to the other girls?"
"No...no its not that." Darien said chuckling nervously now expecting to see Serena bawling on Mina's shoulder as Lita gave him a scorn filled look of hate. Walking into the main meeting room at the temple. Instead he walked in to see Serena telling something to the three girls, Raye was gone. Turning they all gave a smile to Darien.
"Hey!" Lita said. "Haven't seen you in a while." Scooting over she sat closer to Amy giving him space to sit.
"Uh...thanks." He said nervously hoping they weren't going to ambush him when he was sitting down. "I got off of work early and decided to join today's meeting, hope you don't mind."
"Not at all." Amy said putting her book down. "Where's Raye?" Amy turned her head toward the opening of the kitchen.
"She was in her room." Hotaru said. "Well the last time anyway." Serena giggled thinking about Jeadite.
"I just don't believe it happened though." Serena broke in obviously continuing on with the conversation they were having when he walked in the door. "I mean that person just was on my balcony the other night and he kissed me."
"What?!" Lita and Mina chimed in. "This guy just kissed you?" Mina said gasping.
"That's not just all of it." Serena added. "As we kissed, my mark on my forehead flared up and my dress like the one before appeared."
"The kiss did that?" Lita then chimed in. Serena nodded giggling.
"It was so romantic." Serena said her eyes becoming hearts as she dreamed of the kiss again. "So Darien what have you been doing?"
"Work." Darien said.
"And something to do with Raye." Mina said hitting him in the side. Darien chuckled blushing. "Hotaru informed us just recently." Hotaru giggled shyly as the girls went on about it. "Did you?"
"Did I what?" He asked.
"Give her a rose." Lita said this time. Darien turned red looking at all the girls who were looking at him now; even Amy was looking at him expectantly.
"Well...I guess so." He chuckled. "Yah I did. I thought she needed one, I saw her the other day and she seemed depressed." Lita and Mina giggled not buying the story. Sighing Darien hung his head when he heard even Serena chuckling at the so obvious lie. Raye came walking in with Demos walking beside her. Seeing Darien there her eyes flared open as her cheeks became instantly red. Quickly she sit down.
"So what's going on?" She said looking at them. Hotaru smiled.
"Nothing really, did you get what you needed to do done?"
"Uh...yah..." Raye said waving it off. "Lets get to business again and then we can go out and have ice cream." Everyone nodded as Amy chuckled at the thought. It seemed everyone was getting someone close to them. Maybe even she could have a boyfriend. Zach was cute and he was also quit smart. A blush crept to her cheeks as she thought about their conversation that day and also about the phone number. Maybe after this she would get the courage to call him.
"Gah! Even Amy is zoning out today." Lita said. "This just seems wrong." Lita said getting up. "I'm going anyway. I have homework to do still today." Everyone nodded getting up. Darien sat there along with Raye and Hotaru. Serena smiled looking at them.
"I'm out too. Sammy wants help with something and mom's ordering me to help him." Serena said with a sigh. "Though if she only knew of my past grades she so wouldn't be asking me to do this." A smile adorned the princess of the moon as she waved bye to them. Mina and Lita got up and waved bye as they headed out the door. Raye got up to go put everything away when she realized Darien was behind him.
"Why are you still here?" She asked turning to him. Darien smiled looking at the difficult miko. Raye's hard eyes melted for a second as she stared at his heart warming smile once more.
"Well don't you need help?" He said putting the plate near the sink. Sighing Raye turned to Hotaru.
"Well she's here now to help me."
"But it's still polite to help out, you host so many of our meetings here and rarely ask for help." He said. Darien started the water and began to wash them without asking. Raye sighed once again and went to quickly wipe down the table that they had been using.
"What should I do Raye?" Hotaru asked walking in. Raye looked up and pointed toward the broom.
"You could sweep up the mess that Serena normally makes on the one side of the table." Raye said grabbing the cloth and walking to the kitchen to help Darien finish the dishes leaving Hotaru in there alone. A smile crept upon the princess of Saturn's face as she hummed to herself a little tune that seemed to be always with her. Ever since she was younger it had come to her one day as she stared at the night sky. It seemed to comfort her after her mother had passed away. Her violet eyes followed the broom as she swept the crumbs up from the pie that Serena had ate.
"That girl can make a mess..." She quietly said to herself chuckling.

Raye grabbed a plate from Darien's hands and wiped it off with a towel.
"Why are you doing this to me?" Raye broke in looking down at the sink.
"Doing what?" Darien said turning to her startled.
"This." She said a bit aggravated waving her hands around. Darien blinked at her in confusion at what she was trying to get at. "Being all sweet to me and all." She then added. "It makes me think that I'm betraying my best friend."
"Whaa.." Darien said looking at her then began to chuckle which did not make the miko happy but even more aggravated. Turning he pulled his hands out of the dishwater and smiled at her. "I do it cuz I care Raye. I've always cared about you even when I was dating Serena before there was a special place in my heart for only you." He started. "Serena said just a few days ago that I could date whomever I want without worry now cuz she said it won't work with this strange new time." Raye looked up at him, her mouth opened slightly not believing what she had been just told. "So there is no betraying Serena here Raye. I'm just helping you with the dishes that's all." Closing her mouth Raye began to blush again quickly getting back to drying silently. Chuckling Darien turned back to the dishes that needed to be done. Nothing more was spoken but again nothing needed to be said the actions spoke louder then any words could.

*********************************************************** *

Heh I like the ending of this chapter as well. Very cute and suttle I guess. The relationship between Raye and Darien is obvious but also neither one of them know what to do. It's the way I want it. Please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories. It really does make me happy.