Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Surprises for All ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 21: Surprises for All

Darien sighed walking in his apartment pulling off the jacket he had on and putting it on a coat hook next to the door heading into his apartment to check that everything was ok. The past few days had been a nice vacation but now he had to get back into his life which meant calling his work and telling them he could work tomorrow. Dropping the keys to his car on the table he picked up the phone and dialed the number to his work.

*************************************************

A silver haired man walked down the hallways of the palace in the Negaverse as he chuckled to himself as he was heading to the queens chambers. He had been called to her room to talk. Walking up to the black twisted doors he looked at the guards who stood at attention on either side as they walked to the handles and pulled the doors open letting him in the bedroom.
"Kunzite.." A female voice called in the darkness. The light of the room came up to show Beryl standing there with a rob on, one of her hands clasping it shut as she was grabbing for the belt that was around the robe and tied it. "I have a job for you and Nephlite once he gets here as well." Turning his head Kunzite noticed the figure coming in as well. He knew the red hair to be Nephlite as he frowned looking ahead at his queen.
"My queen." Nephlite said bowing slightly and then stood up fully acting like he never noticed Kunzite beside him.
"Now since you two are here at last we can get down to business..." She said looking at the two of them as she walked over to the staff that was leaning against the wall. "Jeadite and Zoicite is taking to long for my tastes. So I'm sending you two out to find the crystals." She walked over to a chair and sat down in it like it was her thrown in the big room. "Jeadite and Zoicite are not to know of this though. If they find out then you two will be taken off your mission permanently."
Kunzite shot a sideways glare at Nephlite as they stood there. Beryl though of course caught it and her lips pressed into a twisted smile.
"..Also.." She began again. "I need you two to vow that you'll get along and behave on this mission. I know how well you two get along and want to know that you can put foolish pride aside for the greater good of your Queen."
"It will be fine my queen," Nephlite said then looking at Kunzite with a grin.
"Good, well this job is immediate so you may leave now." Beryl said waving her hand. Both men bowed and began walking out of her room slowly.
"Did you really mean that?" Kunzite glared at the man beside him as the doors shut to Beryl's room behind him.
"Of course." Nephlite said. "But of course anything that you lack during this pairing is going to be told directly to Beryl." The red haired man grinned as an evil sounding chuckle came past his lips as he walked away from the noticeably angered Kunzite. Kunzite's hands balled up into fists as he angrily shook them glaring at the backside of the other man.
"He will not win this fight..." He hissed turning the opposite direction of the way Nephlite had gone and stormed down the hallway to his room to get ready for the job at hand.

*************************************************

R aye sat up in her bed. The look upon the miko's face was one of a brain dead awoken sleepy head. Blinking she looked over seeing Demos curled up on the floor on a pillow Raye had gotten for the cat yesterday. Then her head swung over as she looked up on the top of her vanity to see her two crows perched sleeping there. Moving over Raye's foot touched the cold hard wood floor as she stood up from her bed. Yawing she stretched her arms up.
"Morning you guys..." A voice came from the door. Blinking Raye turned her head to see a violet cat standing there in the doorway licking his paw. "Breakfast is being made."
"..grr Grandpa..." Raye mumbled rubbing the top of her head pulling her long black locks back into a temporary ponytail as she tied it around like Serena's buns where always done.
"No...your grandfather is tending to some visitors."
"Chelsy shouldn't be cooking...I already told grandpa about that.." She stormed out of her bedroom pushing past the cat who was about so say something but shut his mouth as he turned his head to see Demos poking her head around the corner of Raye's bed.
"Morning." He chirped as his tail began to wave a little more seeing the red cat.

Raye stopped in her angry beeline to the kitchen when she realized what exactly had happened. Blinking she looked at the backside of the male that was over the stove cooking something as she recognized who it was.
"..C..c.." She stuttered.
"This young man showed up today asking to help around the temple!" Her grandfather's voice laughed out behind her as Raye turned slightly to see the shorter man standing there with a thumb out and grinning. "And since you had been complaining that we need some help around here I decided to take up his offer and hire him."
"..We didn't discuss this!" Raye said causing the man to turn around to see what exactly was going on.
"Yo dude what's going on?" He asked then noticing the Raven haired girl in her light pink pajamas who was bright red as she screamed and rushed down the hall to her room. It was to late though. The crush that Chad had had on Raye in the other life instantly came back as his eyes became big giant hearts.
Slamming the door behind her Raye glanced around her room and began to throw things against the door to block it to being opened.
"..What's going on?" Hades asked looking at Demos as they watched Raye overreacting to who she just saw.
"..I don't know.." Demos said blinking as she jumped down from the bed both her and Hades where sitting on. "Raye what's wrong?"
"NOTHING!" Raye shouted sending a glare at the cat as she turned around and leaned against the pile of things she had against the door. "..Why did this have to be true..Why couldn't this have changed with everything else!" She turned and opened the door slightly to peak out to see her grandfather showing the man around. Slamming the door Raye slid to the floor.
"Hey Raye, you up yet?" A voice called through the window. Looking up she saw Serena standing there smiling outside the window with Amy beside her. "..Hey why is there so much stuff in front of your door. It's going to be hard to get through all that..." Raye sighed standing up and brushing her pajama's off and walking over to the window and opening it.
"Get in." Raye ordered walking over to the door slowly picking the stuff up and putting it back where she had had it before she had overreacted. Amy was still standing outside the window when she turned her head as a smile appeared on the blue haired girls face as she began to laugh.
"I know why.." Amy said then looking up at the miko and Serena. "Chad's back."
"Chad! He's back!" Serena said looking at Raye who was rubbing the side of her face and sighing aggravatedly. "Why didn't you tell us?"
"..Because Serena he just surprised me today..." Raye grumbled picking up a shirt and hung it up in her closet. "That's why there was all that stuff in front of my door. I really don't want to deal with him right now." She turned and sat on her bed.
"..Well why don't you just tell him that you don't want the attention that he gives you?" Demos said.
"Wait a minute..he just showed up." Hades said not getting the fact that they where basing his present day actions on past experiences. "How the heck can you know such stuff before you even have gotten to talk to him?"
"Because this was before all this had happened." Serena said opening the now open-able door to see the backside of Chad. "I mean the fact is that Chad showed up in that life before this one but after the past life.." She giggled. "..Sooooo Raye..what are you going to do about this little situation?"
"Absolutely nothing." Raye crossed her arms over her chest and glared at Serena shutting the door. "Anyway I've got to change so out you go." Pushing Serena out the door she turned around and grabbed her kimono from the hanger and began to slip it on. Sighing she straightened out the kimono and walked over to the door. Opening it she peaked her head out to make sure Chad wasn't about and stepped out next to Amy and Serena. Sighing she brushed her locks back as she stood there looking about.
"Lita and Mina are coming soon, or they should be," Amy said smiling and looking down the hallway seeing Raye's grandfather standing there talking to someone around the corner where she couldn't see but knew it to be Chad.
"Can we leave the temple now? I have some yard work I need to do anyway," Raye said turning around and heading out the door quickly grabbing a rack in the shed.
"...You know there is snow out here now?" Amy laughed kicking the light snow on the ground making Raye blink and gaze down at her feet as she sighed slapping her forehead and placing back the rack in the shed. For the first time as well she noticed the girls' clothes that weren't just a T-shirt or the school uniforms they wore but a long sleeve jacket and long pants. Turning Raye walked into the temple, keeping an eye out for the rock star want to be so he wouldn't complicate things any more then he was by just being there. Walking to the closet she grabbed her long coat and slipped on her boots coming back out to the shed. Then reaching in she grabbed the shovel and began to clear the walk ways around the temple as the girls followed her giggling and laughing as they talked about all the times they could remember her with Chad. Raye's mind was somewhere else entirely during the work. It wasn't Chad she really was worried about, it was Darien. Stopping the shoveling that she was doing she leaned on the handle looking out into the street and let a deep breath go. She really didn't know what to think about the relationship between her and the masked man. Chad here just was going to complicate things if the time he tried to boil/steam Darien to death was any indication of what was to come. Thinking about the times Chad had been sweet and all the times that he had helped her she sighed trying to figure out how she now felt about him. Flashes of him smiling and laughing went past her inner eye as she tried to figure out it all.
"Mistress Raye!" A voice called out to her. Groaning Raye knew who exactly it was who was calling from behind her. "Grandpa told me to do that. It shouldn't be a lady's job to do such hard labor." Taking a deep breath Raye turned around looking at the man wishing she could be angry at him. She knew that it wouldn't be fair to him if she was though because none of this, to her knowledge was his fault. "I'm really sorry for this morning..I didn't mean to scare you either. I guess your grandfather didn't tell you about me."
"It's ok," Raye sighed rubbing the side of her head. "I had a long night last night. I wasn't ready to see some stranger standing in my kitchen cooking breakfast."
"Hey Raye!" A voice called out to her. Turning her head she saw Hotaru as Chelsy standing there all bundled up with a shovel in her hands as she rushed toward them smiling. "You should have awoken me! I could have helped out." She smiled then turning to see Chad standing there blinking at her.
"Hi." He said. "I'm Chad."
"Hi Chad I'm Chelsy!" She grinned and turned toward Raye. "Raye's cousin here." Raye sighed and turned heading away from the group making Serena and Amy blink wondering where the girl was going.
"I'm going to the mall," Raye said. "I need something." She put the shovel back in the shed and continued walking till she got into the temple. Serena turned her head back to Chad and smiled at him.
"She really is nicer," Serena laughed as Chelsy and Amy nodded in agreement with her. "She just has a hard time with new faces." Turning Amy waved as Chelsy followed them as they headed in following Raye who was already in street clothes to head to the mall.
"Your going to have to talk to him sooner or later," Serena said poking Raye on the side.
"...I know..I just don't want to know.." Raye sighed. "I have enough stuff to deal with before I go and deal with Chad."
"...Like Dddaaarrrieeennn.." Hotaru sang as she slipped on her boots. Amy and Serena looked at Raye startled.
"..Really?" Amy asked kind of shocked.
"Yep!" Hotaru answered for Raye. "They just went on a date two days ago. To the movies." Serena was this time the one to talk.
"What movie did you two go see?" She asked interested in this date that Raye had with Darien. All five of the inner scouts knew that whom ever Darien picked was pretty much the princess they where looking for.
"The Prince and Me," Raye said wrapping a scarf around her neck. "It was an ok movie."
"Ok...OK?!" Hotaru said glaring at Raye. "You where on cloud 9 when you two got back!"
"Hey I told you not to say anything about it!" Raye glared at Hotaru who just laughed and opened the door.
"Woops, I forgot.." She said laughing as she skipped out of the temple.
"Really it was just an ok movie," Raye pleaded with the two girls as they walked out of the temple.
Because Lita and Mina where still coming Raye, Serena, Amy, and Hotaru (Whom was still in disguised as Chelsy) stood outside waiting for the girls mainly because Raye would not go back in the temple.

**************************************************

Lita glared looking back at Mina who was laughing as she looked up from the snow she had fallen in.
"You should really watch where your walking..." Lita said placing her arms at her hips as she glared at the blonde.
"I'm sorry!" She shouted getting up on her knees only to slip and fall back down in the snow. Rolling her eyes Lita dropped the bag of food she had made for their time at the temple and lent out the hand to the girl pulling her up with very little effort. Mina almost went flying when Lita let go of her hand in mid air. If it wasn't for the fact that Lita also swung her arm out to catch her the blonde would have found herself with another face full of snow.
"..Are you sure your V?" Lita said quietly eyeing skeptically at her. "I mean someone so famous and saved so many lives over in England couldn't possibly..." Lita trailed off as she bent down and picked up the bag she had dropped, brushing it off lightly with her gloved hand.
"O just shut up," Mina responded as she brushed herself off and looking back at the tall girl who was looking inside her bag making sure nothing had opened or broke. "I'm just fine, thank you very much." Lita rolled her eyes and walked up where Mina was now standing and looked ahead seeing the snow starting to fall again.
"Looks like where really going to have a white Christmas," Lita said changing the subject as they started on their way again.
"I really hope so." Mina said. "England didn't get covered in snow much and the city itself turned gray during the middle of it all." Rubbing the side of her head she laughed a bit.
"Sounds fun," Lita said looking up and seeing the Cherry Hill Temple in the distance and four people standing there out in the snow. Blinking she hurried her steps toward the figures to see Serena, Amy, Hotaru as Chelsy, and Raye standing there. "Hey guys."
"Good your here." Raye said. "Put the stuff in the kitchen and lets get going."
"Hey guys!" Mina said waving her hand at the girls. "So where are we going?"
"To the mall." Serena said. "Because Raye doesn't want to deal with a guy."
"Hey! They do not need to know that..at least not Mina." Raye said glaring at Serena who just stuck her tongue out at the scout of Mars.
"Oooo a guy?! I'm the scout of love! I could help you." She jumped up and down causing herself to slip once again and fall backwards in a fluff of snow. Blinking Raye and Serena turned to the girl and sighing Raye went over and helped her up.
"You shouldn't jump around in snow.." Raye mumbled as Mina got back on her feet as Lita returned from her trip into the kitchen.
"You know about the guy who's in the temple dressed in temple garbs?" Lita asked blinking at Raye.
"Yeah that's Chad. My grandfather hired him this morning," Raye said rubbing her gloved hands on her pants. "That's the reason why were going to the mall today."
"So lets go!" Serena shouted happily. "The bus should be here at any moment." She rushed foreword and down the steps to the bus stop before anybody could object or say anything about.
"She sure does love her shopping.." Lita said rubbing the side of her head.
"So do I!" Mina shouted turning and rushing as well down the stairs but just the girls luck had shown today she didn't make it all the way there uninjured. Ten steps before she hit the side walk at the bottom Mina slipped on another patch of ice and landed on her back. Everyone had seen what was about to happen and had gotten a head start to get to Mina though Serena who was at the bottom of the steps was the first one there.
"Mina you should really stop running!" Lita's voice called out to her as Mina rubbed the back of her head as she sat up slightly and glanced around.
"Really Mina you should listen to her," Serena laughed as she pulled the scout of love off the cement and on her feet.
"Stupid ice..." Mina mumbled as she turned and looked to see the bus just pulling up. "Come on guys, lets go!" She shouted as she began to rush forward..only to have herself falling forward due to ice again, though this time Serena and Lita was there to keep her from falling all the way. Lita glared at the girl as she laughed nervously moving from their grip onto the bus. "Sorry guys..."

*******************************************************
The ice blue eyes of Jeadite looked up from his place at the table in his apartment to see Zoicite walking in with a bag in his hand.
"I hate snow.." Zoicite mumbled as he set the bag down as he zapped all the winter clothes off himself and a sweater and jeans where the replacement.
"Well then how did it go?" Jeadite asked looking up from the paper he was reading letting of of the pencil he had in his hand.
"That plan was a success..." Zoicite said throwing an item he retrieved at the lap of Jeadite who picked it up to see that it was the energy storer that Zoicite had built to house the energy that they had gathered from the movie theater. "I'm still getting energy from fifty of the first people that picked up the tickets."
"Well Beryl should be happy about this." Jeadite said turning on the machine seeing that it was going off the charts with all the energy that they where gathering. "It should keep her quiet for a while." Turning he set the machine back down on the table beside the newspaper picking up the pencil again and began the crossword puzzle he was working on. Zoicite walked up beside Jeadite and picked up the machine.
"..I don't know.." He mumbled walking over to the couch and sitting down. "...Is it right to just take all this energy? I mean the people we took it from do need it, don't they?"
"Your questioning our queen again, aren't you?" Jeadite said as he felt a surge of joy ebb up when he looked up to see Zoicite looking at the remote sized machine in his hands. It took all his strength not to smile from ear to ear about what he had just heard.
"..Well it's just I don't know.." Zoicite said. "What if one of the humans with a ticket is Amy? I could be killing her at this very moment and not even realize it." Turning his head he dropped the machine on the couch as he looked at Jeadite. "What am I going to do about this?"
"Well..." Jeadite said trying to figure out if it was safe for him to be babbling about things that could get him very well killed if Zoicite didn't feel they where the right path to go to in this. "..Well why don't you just quite?" He turned looking at the crossword puzzle again.
"What's that suppose to mean?!" Zoicite glared at Jeadite who seemed to be not caring about this situation when it was him who started it in the first place by pointing out what Beryl would do to Amy if she ever found out.
"...Well what I mean is what I mean, quite," Jeadite said not looking up from his paper as he wrote a word down to fill the box he was working on.
"You know as well as I that something like that would get us both killed even before we could mutter the words to her!" Zoicite said standing up, hand clenched, glaring at Jeadite who sighed and realized his friend wasn't ready for such extremes in this situation.
"I was joking you know," Jeadite said looking up. "How the heck am I to know how to get out of the situation you created. I'm not the one who fell in love with a human being now am I?" Jeadite grinned looking up finally from his paper watching the reaction of Zoicite turn from a mild anger to an extreme one.
"..But you have been getting cozy with one of Amy's friends, haven't you?" Zoicite said as his look melted into one of amusement making Jeadite flush a bit thinking of Serena at that moment as he blinked at his friend then looked down at the newspaper.
"..She annoys me more then anything," Jeadite mumbled then looking back up at Zoicite. "Besides Zoicite though you could probably get me killed on account of high treason for what I'm about to say I've got to say it."
"What is it?" Zoicite said dryly standing up from the couch and walking over to the sitting man.
"You've got to give up Beryl or Amy, there is no other way for this to work." Jeadite said looking up at the blonde haired man.
"How are you so sure about this Jeadite? Maybe Beryl will allow Amy to be married to me...." Zoicite mumbled off.
"Amy is Sailor Mercury you idiot!" Jeadite said standing up. "There is no way in hell that our queen would allow you to love and marry her mortal enemy!" The shock upon Zoicite's face could only be described as one one would show when all hope had been lost to them..though it only lasted a few moments when Zoicite came out of the shock of what Jeadite had just babbled to him.
"You can't be serious about this Jed..."
"I am..deadly serious about it Zoicite. I figured you should know before Beryl since she IS your girlfriend and all." Jeadite responded cutting off Zoicite mid-sentence.
"...But how could you possibly.." Mumbled the confused and distraught man who's hand moved up to rub his forehead as if to stop the oncoming headache he was about to get.
"Because Zoicite I've been researching on who the scouts are, that's my job." He said. "I haven't told Beryl yet because you need to know the truth about this. Your the one who effects my decision here."
"What the hell do you mean?!" Zoicite glared grabbing the man, his eyes flaring up the faintest of a dark blue as a snarl came upon his lips.
"..Well...Either I be a good little general and report to Beryl all the scouts and their civilian identities here...OR I play dumb for a while longer," Jeadite said grabbing each of Zoicite's hands and pulling them off his shoulders. Then he looked back up at Zoicite. "If you don't believe me go start something...call her out...do what you must to find out if I'm a liar or a good friend. Then when you've found the proof you need come to me. We'll talk." Turning Jeadite grabbed the newspaper and pencil on the table. "Till then I'm going to bunk somewhere else. I don't need you calling me in, to protect your pride, as a traitor, which I know I could be with the information I have withheld from our queen, in the middle of the night when I can't really protect myself."
"How the hell will I contact you once I've figured things out?" Zoicite hissed glaring at the man who reached over and grabbed his baseball cap on the hook. "And what do I tell Beryl if she calls on you?"
"Well..." Jeadite said digging in his pocket retrieving another black quarter sized emblem and threw it at the man. "Just hold that and call my name, I'll hear yah. If Beryl calls just tell her I'm on a top priority plan that I can't be disturbed on though I highly doubt that she'll call. Just give her the energy you have gathered and that should shut her up for a while." Turning he sighed. "Now is my leave. I hope you find everything to your liking." With that Jeadite disappeared in a flurry of black rose petals leaving Zoicite there alone questioning everything around him. Something was telling him that indeed Jeadite was telling the truth. The blue haired beauty he loved had a supernatural ability with her mind, much like him...but...if that where true Zoicite didn't like what was going to come. He was going to have to make a choice if Jeadite wasn't lying...and he didn't like how it was looking how he'd answer it.
"Damn him.." Zoicite mumbled hanging his head.

********************************************************

On to Author Notes (it's a long one this time!)

Mahahahahahahahaha...er I mean *cough cough*. Hey I like how this chapter turned out! Remember the way I write is pretty much with no idea how the chapter is going to go till I start writing. It might be a hard way to write but if I plan out every single little idea I have the story would be *VERY* short (I've tried it before). That is why I don't write that way, it's like I draw as well.

Version 1.5 though its New?!
Yes I decided to keep using version 1.5 till chapter 24. For one thing I have chapters 21-23 already writen though don't come begging to me to put them up any sooner, though I probably will. The whole spellchecking major version 1.5 update will affect up to chapter 24 even though 21-24 haven't been posted yet (may be a while for 24, still working on it). When chapter 25 is finally put up when I get finished with 24 it will not have version 1.5 up at the top. I hope that clears things up for you.

Chad!
I decided that Chad needed to be reintroduced to the sailor moon storyline. Yes to all you anime mars fans Chad was the sorta boyfriend Raye had during the series, to you manga fans...well I know she had a sorta boyfriend as well (if someone would like to leave the name of the guy in the manga since I didn't read that book but know of it it would be most appreciated!) but I like Chad and his undieing devotion to or raven haired miko (unlike the other guy who married another woman). Bring Chad back into the story adds more tention and drama to our poor heroine *grin grin snicker snicker*.

Darien!
Sorry that I didn't have much Darien but he needed to be placed back in his normal settings for later chapters (can't have him staying at the temple ALL the time, just when he's sick ;))

Kunzite and Nephlite!
Yay! Kunzite and Nephlite are *finally* introduced officially to the storyline! Though it's only a small part of it and I made Kunzite seem like a hentai (pervert in japanese) it works out well. Kunzite though was unnofficially introduced a few chapters back when Mina had that dream (I've been rereading my story, it's getting so long! I have to have a notes page so I don't screw anything up now. Sorry for that Aries/Demos thing again:().

The new look for Nephlite and upcoming warnings about the look and/or actions for Kunzite!
Ok you all anime and manga fans are wondering why the heck I gave Nephlite red hair instead of brown. It's quite simple, his look isn't based on the anime nor manga look he had. Instead I opped for the Live action series look they gave Nephlite. I also like Kunzite on the live action as well (I think thats him...). He has long silver hair in the series as well but it's tied back in a loose ponytail. The relationship between Zoicite and Kunzite (anime storyline) is gone in the live action series AND he gets to be a really cool composer/pianist! So if you see Kunzite playing a piano or anything in later chapters it's because of the live action series. If you want to find out more about the live action series going on over in Japan this past year and still going please check out http://www.genvid.com for links and info about episode recaps and pictures and all that wonderful stuff for New sailor moon stuff! (There hosting my sprite comic too)

Mina!
Ok I know it was a really long running gag in this chapter to have mina fall every time she could. It was hard enough for me to remember that there is snow on the ground in my story now. Yeah it's come a long way since like in august-october when the story really sorta started (Story plotline, not when I started it for real :P). If I offended you Mina fans I appolize now. I should probably base her off the manga/live action Mina more but she's just so fun to play around with in the storyline as the Anime Mina.

Amy!
Oooo I like how I ended the chapter here. I thought about writing more but when I realized how long this chapter had indeed gotten I realized it would be good to push the confrentation between Zoicite and Amy to the next chapter or perhaps two chapters later *laughs evily*. There will be a confrentation which will decide where loyalties will lye for three people in the series, stay tuned!

Hentai, Usagi, my little slips!
I am sorry for my japanese slips I accedently put in the story. I figured out I accedently used Serena's japanese name (Usagi) instead of her United States appointed name. I had to stop myself just now with Amy to correct it (It's Ami in japanese). A few of my other stories (posted on ff.net and ones I'm working on just on my computer) are in their japanese counterparts. It's like second nature now for me. I appolize in advance for these mistakes.

Here it comes!
Well wow this has been a really long authors notes. But I must say goodbye for now to all you fans of my series here. Till my next chapter. Please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories (I mean it)

P.S. There will be a hudge personized thank you list in the next chapter..well I hope. You guys rock!