Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Prank War ❯ Thoughts and A Fight ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon.

A/N: Yay! Another chappie! I hope you enjoy it, and please review!

Chapter 4:

It was a moment that Mamoru knew he'd probably never forget. Usagi. Grinning in a way that actually caused goosebumps to rise up on his skin like the dead coming out of their graves.

She was standing there, her arms at her side, grinning a very evil grin. And, even more terrifying, she was looking directly at him.

Scary.

He knew that he was the future king of Crystal Tokyo, and as such, he was supposed to be all-powerful and very courageous. And he was courageous, to a point, but to stand up to Usagi was like going on a suicide mission. You had a ten percent chance of surviving.

And he had, barely, but it had taken all of his strength to resist the power of her glare o' death. That glare was scary. But, despite the danger he'd put himself in and the terror he had felt, it had been amusing to watch her blow her top.

Few people could say that they had made Usagi Tsukino completely pissed off. It was just too difficult to make her angry, but he had done it. Multiple times. She'd never tried to kill him of course, and that was why he was so scared now. It had shocked him when, moments ago, she'd lunged for his throat, and now that she was smirking at him…he really wanted to run away.

But he couldn't. He was the future king of Crystal Toyko, and as such, he was supposed to maintain his arrogance at all times. Nothing intimidated people like a little bit of arrogance, and he'd proven that point more times than he could count. So, all he had to do now was to continue being arrogant. That should work well. Hopefully, it wouldn't backfire. Again.

Usagi's POV:

Ohh. I can't wait to get him back. What he did was beyond cruel and unusual; it was completely inhuman. By the time I'm done with him I'll make sure that he will never pull a prank on me again. Or, if he does, he'll at least think twice about it, because this time I have the perfect plan.

Well, it will be perfect if Seiya helps me. I hope he does. He should, but you never know.

I wonder why he's here. I mean, as far as anybody knows he was never coming back here. Ever. It's strange that he would appear at this specific time. Then again, nothing in my life is ever normal. And even when I think it's okay to have a normal life all I have to do is think the words Sailor Moon, and I know that I'll have to protect this planet and the rest of the universe for the rest of eternity. That's a lot of responsibility.

And that's why I should have as much fun as possible before I have to step up and take the throne.

So, of course Seiya will help me. He's always been the hero that has to save the damsel in distress. And if I'm not a damsel in distress then I don't know who is.

Well, I guess I should start setting the stage for the big performance. I only have so much time to get everyone where I want them before my plan goes into action.

I have to make sure everything is perfect, because things are going to get very ugly very soon.

Meanwhile….

"Do you think we should stop this, Setsuna?"

The question was asked by a tall woman, ancient by our standards, but young in the eyes of her people. The other person, the one who was asked the question, tilted her head slightly to the side, letting waves of dark green hair move as she did so. Dressed in the typical uniform of the Sailor Senshi, she stood in front of the Gates of Time, watching the action in the Crown Arcade.

She shook her head "No, it would be best to leave them alone. What will come to pass will be better for all of us in the future, even though it will put those we love in danger now. We must let the future occur as it is supposed to, not as what they saw. If we interrupt them now, we could cause a chain reaction that will end with the destruction of the entire universe."

The other woman sighed, knowing the truth for what it was. "Very well then. You see things that I cannot, and though I am blinded by my love for them, I know that what you decide is best for us all."

The Guardian of Time nodded, and then turned, giving her friend a gentle smile. She had known the woman in many lifetimes, and each time they met she was astounded by her wisdom and grace. She turned back to the portal and then sighed.

"At least…"

The woman turned, eyebrow raised, as she pondered the possible meaning behind this statement. Shaking her head after a few seconds, she decided that she would never figure out what was in Setsuna's head unless she asked her.

"At least what?"

Setsuna turned back around to face her friend, a slight smile touching her lips.

"At least we'll get to see some good entertainment. It's always so amusing to see Usagi pull a prank on someone."

The woman smirked, remembering all too clearly what Usagi Tsukino could do when she wanted revenge.

"Yes, it should be amusing. Especially the prank of Crystal Tokyo Year 396."

Setsuna turned back to the scene playing out in front of her.

"Yes, that will be one to remember. So, since we'll have to watch and wait…Would you like some popcorn?"

The woman sighed, a sweatdrop appearing on her head. It seemed as if her friend would never change.

"Sure."

And with that, Setsuna headed away from the portal to her own private kitchen, the woman following closely behind her.

Meanwhile…

Usagi smiled sweetly at Seiya as she ignored the arrogant Mamoru. She would have continued to give him her glare o' death, but it was much more easy to get revenge by getting Seiya on her side than wasting her glare minutes on him.

"I can't believe you're here! So, why the sudden visit?"

Just as she'd hoped, Usagi's voice came out sweet and cheerful, a complete turnaround from her previous mood. And as she'd thought, Seiya relaxed and smiled back. Sometimes she hated the side effects of her glare. They were often very annoying, and they often happened to people who weren't even in her glare range.

She watched as he sheepishly smiled, and scratched his head, a habit that she had noticed the last time he was here. She still thought it was weird. It didn't fit his personality.

"Ah,-"

"Well, we had nothing to do on Kinmoku, you know, it being so peaceful and all, and-"

"Seiya was moping around, so we decided to-"

"Come visit."

Usagi giggled as she watched one brother cut off the next. It was always so amusing. They all loved to be in the limelight, so they always interrupted each other. She watched as they all went bright red and began yelling at each other.

"Why can't you ever wait until I'm finished!?"

This, of course, was said by Yaten to Taiki, as they both clenched their fists and yelled at each other with Seiya stuck in between.

"Because you never have anything intelligent to say!!"

Usagi rolled her eyes. She had figured that they would start putting down each other's intelligence, but not this soon. Men.

She and the others watched as Yaten growled and shot back a sharp retort that mentally smacked Taiki in the face and made him attack full out. The next thing everyone knew words were flying, and it was hard to tell who had the better put downs.

Of course, while all this was going on poor Seiya was caught in between the two, trying his best to stay out of the fight. It was quite amusing, Usagi thought, to see big bad Seiya being trampled on by his other brothers. She should find a way to stop the fight, but….she didn't really want to.

The words flew faster and the two brothers inched closer as they slammed each other with as many insults as they could think of. Everybody watching knew they would start pummeling each other soon, but no one felt the need to stop them. It was common knowledge, among the Sailor Senshi anyway, that they would never seriously hurt each other, so they let it continue on. It was just a fight between brothers after all.

"I'm the best dressed one of us, that's why I should be in charge!"

Taiki snorted, and leaned even closer, itching to punch his brother and let him know just what he thought of his `intelligence.'

"Best dressed!? Right, then what about that one time when you wore a clearly semi-sporty hair tie with a semi-casual pair of pants!?"

Yaten growled and stepped forward, pushing Seiya out of the way and to the floor as he did so.

"That hair tie was NOT semi-sporty!!"

Taiki glowered at his brother and moved even closer, stepping on Seiya as he did.

"Yes, it was!!" He leaned over and grabbed his brother's shirt.

"No, it wasn't!!" Yaten leaned over as well, and grabbed his brother's hair.

Usagi, as well as the others, sighed. It looked like it was about to become a hair pulling match. Either that, or a punching match. Either way, it was highly possible that Seiya was going to get trampled to death. Even now he had several large footprints on his face and chest.

"Was too!!"

And with that, the first punch was thrown. Yaten, the brother with the shortest temper, immediately punched Taiki square on the chin. Of course, since they were Sailor Senshi, Taiki took the punch and then aimed, leaned back, and gave him a punch that Usagi was sure would leave a black eye.

They all watched, as like tennis players, they went back and forth, trampling Seiya to death as they did. Usagi watched for a good ten minutes, and then decided that it was time to intervene.

It was difficult, but with a little dodging she managed to get in between the two brothers and grab Seiya. Usagi pulled him slightly out of the way, and looked at Mamoru. He, of course, was watching the fight and snickering to himself.

Jerk.

It was one thing to giggle; but it was another thing to snicker. She continued to pull Seiya out of the way and toward the door, but as she went she caught Mamoru's eye, pointed at the two brothers, and mouthed `your problem.'

And with that, she pulled Seiya out the door, slightly down the street, and out of the view of anyone passing on the street.

Usagi looked down at him and shook her head. He looked really pathetic. But at least she had gotten him away from anyone, and she had a perfectly legitimate excuse for doing so.

"You know you're lucky I felt sorry for you."

She shook her head as she looked down at him, and then reached into her pocket and pulled out her Ginzouishu. Ever since the battle with Galaxia she'd been able to do all kinds of things with the crystal. She didn't have any limitations, and making a wish on it didn't seem to drain her energy as much as it used to.

She concentrated, letting her Sailor Senshi uniform appear on her body, and then with one wish she transported both herself and the unconscious Seiya to her apartment several blocks away.

It was going to be quite a while before Seiya woke up, and it would be best if he wasn't surrounded by a bunch of people when he did decide to come back to the waking world. She had a request to make, and she didn't want anyone else interfering in her plans.

She had a plan, and she desperately needed Seiya's help to finish what Mamoru started.

End of Chapter 4! Please review!