Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Part three: Defeat the Four Poe sisters. ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
 
Sailor Mars still had her Din's fire barrier up while Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask fended off the monsters that weren't trapped.
 
Mercury and Venus joined into to help them, but they had been at it for quite while now battling the monsters out, and no matter how many times they died, they came right back up fresh as daises.
 
Mercury did the next best thing and froze the other monsters solid on the spot. It wouldn't hold them forever, but it would give them all a change to rest and recharge their power.
 
“Oh, I can't stand this waiting anymore.” cried Moon. “Why doesn't Master or Sailor Jupiter call us yet?”
 
“It's no good Sailor Moon. They must still be in the Forest Temple. said Tuxedo. “Until they beat it, these beasts will never lay down.”
 
Even though Mars had to stay perfectly still so as not to dissolve the fire barrier, she could still speak. “Well, we'll just have to hold out until they get back.” She said.
 
Suddenly, the ice around the monsters broke up. “Whoa, whoa, whoa guys. Help defend me guys I can't move!!” cried Mars.
 
So everyone dashed back into battle.
 
Meanwhile, in the Forest Temple
 
Once inside the room, Joelle was hiding in the second painting. “Remember… don't get too close.” Link whispered. Jupiter nodded, and Link let her have the first shot.
 
It sure was a good thing that Jupiter was great at sports, including archery. She armed her bow, got to the up most point and fired. The arrow struck at the painting, and it vaporized.
 
“Good shot.” Said Link. He turned to see that the portrait behind them was blank which meant Joelle must have moved to the other one at the top. “I'll go shoot it, you stay and get ready.” Replied Link.
 
Jupiter nodded and waited until Link shot out the other portrait. Then she shot out the last one and Joelle finally came into the picture with the torch carrying the red flame.
 
“Heh, heh, heh. You two were pretty smart to force me out into the open like this.” She sniggered. “But unfortunately you won't live to tell the tale.”
 
Link and Jupiter. Stood to face her, and like before she did a dance pose and cried out. “Mistress… Red Poe Sister… Joelle! HA!!”
 
“Jupiter… whatever you do… Do not look her directly in the eyes.” Link tried to tell her, but it was too late, for Joelle came into eye contact with Jupiter and she vanished, except for her torch.
 
“Ha, ha, ha… oops… too slow hero.” Joelle's voice echoed.
 
“She… she's gone invisible.” Cried Jupiter. “What with that?”
 
Link told her that Poes tend to turn invisible whenever the come into eye-contact with you, “And while they're invisible you can't touch them, but they can touch you. LOOK OUT!!”
 
Joelle was whirling her torch around, and around in a charging spin attack, and almost hit the duo as they barely leapt out of the way.
 
“Ha, ha, ha! I have the advantage over you punks.” Joelle sniggered. “I can see you, but you can't see me!”
 
“I have an idea.” Said Link. “Jupiter quick… look anywhere else besides at the torch.”
 
Jupiter caught what the idea was and gazed down at the floor below the torch along with Link. “Here I come.” Joelle called and the she began her spinning charge again.
 
“Wait for it…” Link Whispered. “Now!” they rolled out of the way just as Joelle was almost at them and she crashed into the wall, and reappeared. “What, How did you—I don't understand.” She groaned.
 
Jupiter and Link stood side by side. “Just because we can't see you, doesn't mean we can't hear you coming.” Said Link.
 
Jupiter didn't make eye contact with her, but smiled wickedly. “Hope you like your toast burnt to a crisp.” She smirked.
 
“JUPITER THUNDER… CRASH!!”
 
Joelle tried to back into the wall so she could vanish again, but not fast enough. “YEOW!!” she whimpered. “Did you order original recipe, or… extra… crispy?” and she was vaporized.
 
The moment she had vanished completely, not only did a chest with key appear, but the Red flame on her torch now was lit up on a torch by the door, that resembled the same torches as back in the Main hall.
 
Jupiter looked at the map, and there on the main hall's picture was a tiny red dot; indicating that one of the four torches was lit up again. “That's one down, and three to go.” She said.
 
Link took the key from the chest. “Now Jupiter, remember that Warp point you made in the twisted hallway?” he said. “Okay, I want you to warp us back there.”
 
Jupiter took his word for it, and warped hem back to the corridor. “Now what do we do?” she asked. Link first asked to make another warp point right then and there. She sighed, but did it anyway.
 
lead her through the door behind them and they killed the two blue bubbles first.
 
Then Link told her about the eye above the door. “These are special kinds of triggering switches which only the bow can hit.”
 
He aimed an arrow and fired right at the eye. The Eye snapped shut and a low rumbling was coming from the other side of the door, and once they backtracked in the twisty hallway… it was no longer curved.
 
“Gee… Wonder if I can get one of those switches for my apartment.” Jupiter said playfully as they crossed over to the end of the hallway.
 
Now that the room had also been turned, that oriented blue and gold treasure chest was now on the floor. Jupiter was bursting with excitement. “Ooh… I can't wait to see what's in here.” She giggled.
 
She flipped up the lid and the golden light shimmered everywhere. But then it doused out and all there really was in the chest was. “A key?” Jupiter said with a disgusted look on her face. “Just a little insignificant key?”
 
She picked it up to look at more closely. This key was much different than the other key's they had found. It was much larger. It had bullhorns on it's head, and it was solid gold with beaming red ruby in it.
 
“Master, what are we supposed to do with this?” she asked. “You'll know… when the time comes.” answered Link.
 
“Good shot.” Mumbled Jupiter.
 
Next, they dropped into the hole in the floor to the room below, and defeated the Blue Bubbles in here, then go into the door, now back in one of the garden chambers on the upper-ledge.
 
“Right… this way.” Said Link as he lead them both into a small room where they confronted a over-sized dark hand monster. “What is that thing?” asked Jupiter.
 
They Hand monster turned green and leapt up into the air. “Look out!” cried Link and they dodged it as it charged form them. Link then kicked off the wall and thrust his sword straight at the Hand's palm destroying the monster.
 
“That was a Floor-Master.” Said Link. “Nasty little buggers they are.”
 
They picked up a key for the chest that dropped down in the room. Now that you have this, leave the room and then used Jupiter's Warp point to go back to the corridor which was once again all twisted.
 
“Okay… let's head back to the room where we got the bows and head through the other door this time.” Said Link.
 
The traced back to that very room, and this time went for the door by the blue mat and emerged in a room just like Joelle's room. A torch just like the ones in the main hall, and three paintings… One of which had a picture of Beth, the blue Poe sister.
 
“You remember what to do?” Link asked.
 
Jupiter nodded.
 
They both climbed halfway up the stairs. Link shot the picture at the at the top. Jupiter shot the one a head of her, and they then they both turned and fired at the one behind them.
 
Beth had appeared. “Catch me if you can?” she chortled as she slipped through the floor and down to where the torch was.
 
Jupiter and Link decided not to Both follow her as that was probably just what she wanted. So only Jupiter ran down to face the ghost, and remembered not to look her in the eyes.
 
“Here I am, Little Girl-Blue!”
 
“Bring it on me, Greenie-Meanie!”
 
Beth did hr spin attack, and Jupiter dodged it unbeknownst to Beth that Link was all read waiting atop the stairs to strike her from behind.
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha… what's wrong Sailor twit, afraid to fight back are we?” Beth chuckled. “Well you have nice long time to learn to fight back soon… When you're dead that is!”
 
“MASTER, NOW!!” cried Jupiter.
 
Beth whirled around only just in time for Link's sword to pierce her right through the chest. “AGH!! Ugh… ah… Curse… you…!!” she vaporized and the torch in the room was lit up with the blue flame again.
 
Then, another large treasure chest had appeared. “Yes… the Compass.” Said Link, “Combining this with the map will make it easier to tell where chests, and traps are located in the Temple.”
 
“Sweet.” added Jupiter. She also looked at the map itself and found that there weren't many chamber left, which could only mean they were getting closer to the end.
 
They headed all the way up the stairs and went through the locked door. “Hey, this room looks just like that twisted one, only… It's already straight.” Said Jupiter.
 
“Look's like we'll have to find a way to twist it up and invert us a way out.” Said Link. He looked up the corridor past two Green Bubbles. “That locked door, there.”
 
In the twisted room, there were rotating platforms, and an eye switched covered in ice. “Great, just great.” Cried Jupiter. “How are we supposed to activate that?”
 
“Ahh… Kids.” sighed Link. He saw the answer already and leapt onto one of the rotating platforms. He aimed an arrow and waited until the torch on the center platform came between him and the switch.
 
His arrow passed through the fire, which melted the switch an hit it, inverting the previous hall. “Any other questions?” Link asked jokingly.
 
They went back down the hall and in the end room, dropped through the hole in the
floor and found themselves in another puzzle-like room with a door far at the end. “Well this doesn't take brain surgery.” Said Jupiter.
 
She began to walk across the floor, but Link's ears perked up to a rumbling sound, and then he looked. “JUPITER… WATCH OUT!!” he screamed as he leapt over and tackled her backwards in time as the ceiling came crashing down just inches by their feet.
 
Jupiter trembled in fear. “What… was… THAT!!” she cried. “I mean there's no useful purpose for there to be a… A falling ceiling in the middle of a hallway.”
 
“Well there is in this Temple.” Said Link. “We'll just have to find a way across it.” He indicated the holes in the top of the falling ceiling. Their best chance was to move over to them one by one making their way across.
 
First they waited for the ceiling to drop again, and as it began to rise. “Okay, here's our chance… and GO!” said Link.
 
 
The slowly proceeded forward. Link kept his focus on the ceiling above until they were directly under a hole from above. The ceiling began to rumble, “STOP!!”
 
It fell, and then it rose again. “GO!!”
 
It rumbled, “STOP!!” cried Link. Jupiter didn't hear him. “I SAID STOP!!” Jupiter barely made it over to her hole to miss the ceiling.
 
It rose up again. “GO!!”
 
Along the way Jupiter pressed down on a floor switch which dropped a chest full of arrows they needed. The ceiling rumbled. “STOP!!”
 
The ceiling fell, and Link was able to get the arrows from the chest as the ceiling rose. “GO!!”
 
He finally made it to the door, but Jupiter got caught up a bit as a giant Skulltula dropped from the ceiling. “Jupiter get out of there!!” called Link.
 
Jupiter squished the spider monster just as the ceiling rumbled, and she did a leaping tumble of faith to the door as the ceiling almost crushed her foot. “Well that went well.” She said trying to hide her fear.
 
Link held his hand to his head “Oh, Jupiter!”
 
They entered the next puzzle room where there was only one picture of Amy, the Green, and third Poe sister. The duo looked at each other and nodded.
 
They armed their bows, and they fired at the picture… which did not disappear, but instead glowed as Amy's voice was heard.
 
“Heh, heh, heh… Did you honestly think I'd be as easy as Joelle and Beth?”
 
Five massive blocks fell down from the ceiling, and a timer above them began counting down… 1:00… 0:59… 0:58…
 
Link however remembered what this test was. The floor blocks were in fact, pieces of puzzle picture of Amy that they had to fit together before the clock ran out. “Jupiter, help me.” He cried as he began pushing the first block into place.
 
0:37… 0:36… 0:35…
 
Jupiter pushed another one into place. “Oh, wow this hurts!! It must be like a woman having a baby!!” she moaned.
 
0:24… 0:23… 0:21…
 
“Quick… you take that one, I'll get this one!” said Link. They pushed, and pushed the blocks until the picture was complete, and Amy appeared.
 
“Look's like your smarter than I thought.” She sniggered. “Hmm, mm, mm!! But now let's see who's stronger than who!” and she began whirling.
 
Link and Jupiter were just a little tired from the block pushing, but there was a big difference between being tired, and being exhausted.
 
So what they did was, let Amy continue to use her spin attack, even if she went invisible, she was still getting dizzy from all that spinning.
 
She finally reappeared, and her eyes were rolling all over as she swayed dizzily around. “O…Kay… Now you're… going to get it.” She said groggily. “All… Six of you!”
 
Jupiter and Link shared a look of disgust. Link gashed her with his sword, and Jupiter followed up with a Vine-lash, destroying the Poe and retrieving the green flame.
 
“Three down, and One to go… and this one's not going to be the easiest.” Said Link. “Where-to now, Jupiter?”
 
She checked the map, but except of the basement chamber, still inaccessible, every single area on the map was blue. “Hmm? This doesn't make sense.” She said. “There's no more chambers.”
 
“What?” asked Link, and he looked at the map himself. According to it, the door they were rightly supposed to leave through lead back to the main hallway, and the map also showed the colored dots of the flames they'd retrieved.
 
“Let's check it out anyway.” He said, and they headed through the tunnel and back into the main hallway. Three of the torches were lit, and there was the last Poe sister.
 
She was sitting in the center of the stone ring, mourning over the loss of her three sisters. “Let's hurry up and get her.” said Jupiter. “I'm starting to hate it here.”
 
They approached the mourning. She looked up at them “Don't be a fool. Now, Meg. You failed.”
 
“So just give us the flame back and we might let you go.” Added Jupiter.
 
Meg was only playing them for chumps. She put her evil face back on an then actually made three other clones of herself appeared. All of them exactly like the other in every single detail. Absolutely nothing was different.
 
They were even able to speak by themselves.
 
“So you somehow managed to make it past my other sisters.” Said Number-One.
 
“But now you face, Poe-Sister Meg!” added Number-Two
 
“I am undefeated!” said Number-Three.
 
“Get ready to die!” added Number-Four.
 
Link turned look at one Meg, and then to another. They all looked the same. “Which one is the Real-one?” he asked impatiently.
 
“Just leave it to me. I'll get them all.” Said Jupiter.
 
“No, Jupiter… WAIT!!”
 
“JUPITER THUNDER… CRASH!!”
 
The lightning zaps hit all four of the Megs, but only ended up destroying the three copies, which made the real one charge for them and vanish again.
 
Link got back to his feet. “Jupiter, we can't attack them all at once.” He said. “We have to find a way to tell which one is the Real-One and attack it, and only it without first destroying all the clones first!”
 
The Four Megs appeared around them again. Jupiter shot out two of the clones with her bow, and then Link tried hitting one with his Hookshot so as not to waste arrows.
 
He hit the Real-one, but it merely damaged her, and then she disappeared and the group of four appeared again. “This isn't working.” Cried Link. “There has to be and easier way to do this.”
 
Suddenly Jupiter noticed something about one of the two she was staring at. The one on the left spun around once and then did nothing else. While none of the others moved at all.
 
She shot at the one that spun, and it was the Real-One. Again, it weakened her, she vanished and then reappeared as four again. “Hey, I think I got it!” she cried.
 
She began to power up her razor leaf up, but she had to wait for the Four Poes to reappear. “FOREST… RAZOR-LEAF--”
 
They appeared, and the third one from the right spun around. She waited until it reached her. “… BLOW!!”
 
 
“WHOA… ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!” Meg whimpered in pain as she dropped the torch, and her clones vanished.
 
“AGH… UGH… You have done the impossible!!” she groaned. “You have defeated the four Poe sisters, but be warned of our Master… he shall avenge our destruction A-THOUSAND FALLS!!!”
 
She exploded in a purple ball of smoke, and the final torch was lit up. The main hallway became brighter again, and the elevator stone finally rose up from the floor.
 
“Well done, Jupiter. You did it.” Said Link. Jupiter smiled and winked.
 
“Nothing too it.” She said. Then the stepped into the elevator down to the basement and the final chamber of the Forest Temple.
 
Unfortunately, the path they needed to take was being blocked by a cage door, and the switch to open was behind them in another alcove, which sadly was also caged in.
 
Jupiter checked the map one final time. “Hey… look at this.” She said, “The map indicates three other small alcoves… right behind the walls. But how do we get to them.”
 
Link was also wonder what the point of the two stone slabs poking out of the walls were for. It was then that he noticed that the wall around them wasn't quite touching the floor completely. It was just a teeny-tiny little smidge from the floor.
 
“I wonder…” he mumbled as he walked up to the slab. He gave it a slight shove and the walls actually began to rotate a little.
 
Jupiter was most amazed. “Wow… if I buy a house, I am so suggesting reinforced concrete.” She said.
 
One of the stone alcove ways had slid over to an opening where a switch lay rest. Jupiter pressed on it, and the sound of a cage opening was heard.
 
She climbed back out “Master… Now rotate it again this way.” She said pointing forward. Link did so, and the alcove was now over another room with another switch.
 
He moved over and stepped on it. “Okay, now let's rotate it back to the way it was before we came in.” he called. They rotated the room a couple more times… pausing to pick up some gear from the empty alcove.
 
Then finally they stepped on the last switch and the pathway was now cleared. There were no more obstacles blocking their way to the giant door now.
 
It was time!
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
 
Link: “The Four-Poe sisters. They may be real siblings, or they have just been a regular Sisterhood, but regardless they trusted in each other and worked as a team.”
 
Lita: “Most of us don't have brothers and sisters, but we still have very close friends who are like them to us.”
 
Serena: “I may not always get along with my brother Sammy, but I still love him, and even though he doesn't show it much, he does feel the same.”
 
Rei: “The best way to keep up a good friendship, or relationship is to be there for one another when and if they need you.”
 
Amy: “Yes, and sometimes if you don't tell them what's bothering you, even if it's bad news, they might not be able to help you.”
 
Mina: “Trust in your faith, and in your heart, and you can make any relationship or friendship grow stronger and ever more bonding.”
 
(Song from Karaoke Café. Played by the whole band. Main singer: Darien.)
 
(Darien)
 
It's been a long road
Getting from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near
 
And I can feel the change in the wind right now
Nothing's in my way
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No they're not gonna hold me down
 
(All)
 
'Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
And no one's gonna bend or break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith, I've got faith, faith of the heart
 
(Darien)
 
It's been a long night
Trying to find my way
Been through the darkness
Now I've finally had my day
 
And I will see my dream come alive at last
I will touch the sky
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No they're not gonna change my mind
 
(All)
 
'Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
And no one's gonna bend or break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith, I've got faith, faith of the heart
 
(Darien)
 
I know that we're so cold
We've seen the darkest days
But now the winds I feel
Are only winds of change
I've been through the fire
I've been through the rain
But I'll be flying, oh yeah
 
(All)
 
'Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
And no one's gonna bend or break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith, I've got faith, faith of the heart
 
It's been a long road