Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Trials of a Scout ❯ Trials Part One: Mercury ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Trials Of a Scout


Summary-After Serena is kicked out of the scouts. A race begins. The race against time. Now the scouts future is in jeopardy. The trials to tell who is faithful and who is unworthy has began. Now the scouts have to make amends with their princess while trying to figure out who the new enemy is and what they want!
________________________________________________________

Chapter 2- The Trial of Knowledge and Ice pt. 1

That Afternoon the four inner scouts, seemed to talk nothing but about the new girl Serenity. Amy couldn't help the feeling that something big was going to happen. Neither was she prepared for the first trial.

(That Night)


Amy recieved a call that night from Raye saying there was a youma in the park. Transforming she left towards the park. Mercury wasn't surprised she was the first one there. She always was,because she lived closer.

"Hello Mercury. It's about time you showed up." the youma sneered moving closer.

" Who are you? and why are you here?" Sailor Mercury asked throughly confused.

"I'm Darcy, and to make sure you fail the trials. (insert evil laughter)" The youma known as Darcy said. Before Mercury could say anything she was sent back by a rush of hot air. Mercury glaring raised her arms preparing her attack.

" AQUA SHINE ILLUSION!" the Mercurian princess shouted, sending her attack straight at Darcy. Darcy, who by then was covered in water, glared ice burgs at Mercury her eyes were red. Pulling out her communcator she called the other scouts. She was shocked when she saw that they were just waking up. That meant the call she recieved earlier was fake.

" Just putting the pieces together my dear? Well its to late!" Darcy cooed.

A purple glow surrounding her hands," well Mercury good bye!" Darcy shouted.

The inners woke up and transformed. Calling Pluto on their communcator. They were teleported 10 feet from the fight. They watched the youma (Darcy) attack Mercury.

" MARS FIRE SOUL!" Sailor Mars shouted trying to block the attack. The flame disappeared before it even touched the youma.

" what? how my attack didn't get near them!" Mars exclaimed throughly shocked.

"Of course it didn't. Your not suppose to interfere." a voice beside the scouts and tux-boy said. The four turned around.

" Who are you? And why are you here?" Jupiter asked.

" My name is Diana, and I'm here to watch the trial and to make sure Mercury is not cheated by Darcy. I'm also here on Serenity-sama's orders." the woman known as Diana said.

Diana had three ponytails that looked more like meatballs, the back of her silver hair was hanging out in waves. She wore a two piece dress. The skirt was lavander with silver lacings on the bottom that became bows. With a pretty silver flower on the right hand corner. Her top was also lavander but sleeveless and came 3 inches above her waist. So her bellybutton was showing. There were silver lacings around her neck collar. Her 1" inch heel sandle helped her look taller.

" What do you mean Serenity's orders?" Tuxedo Mask asked.

Diana looked at Tuxedo Mask out the corner of her eye.

" Like I said Serenity wants to know the score of you scouts. Who is weak and who is blind by their ego to actually see some common sence. Isn't that right Mina or should I say Venus?" Diana smirked at the look of panick on everyones face.

Back With Mercury

Mercury fall to her knees.

" Damnit, I can't fail! I won't fail!" With that Mercury stood up.

Then her transformation pen appeared and then to her surprise started glowing blue and a crystal appeared out of Mercury's body. The pen turned into a brooch and the crystal glowed before residing in the brooch. Reaching out she grabbed the brooch. Surrounded by a soft blue glow she started her new transformation. Ribbons came from the brooch and surrounded her chest creating her new fuku. It looked like Sailor Moon's fuku. Her skirt was a baby blue color with a bow on the back of her skirt. In the middle of the fuku was her new brooch and that was attached to her baby blue bow. On her forehead her planetery sign flashed before disappearing to create her tiara that now showed her planetery symbol. Her boots became baby blue like the rest of her outfit. Finishing the transformation she stroke her final pose.

" hmm. very good." Diana whispered writing the information down on a piece of paper the was clipped to a silver clip board.

" What are you writing?" Sailor Venus asked for the first time.

" I told you information on your trials. By the looks of things Mercury is going to fail." Diana lied smoothly. The others seemed to believe her.

" What happens if she fails?" Sailor Mars asked.

" She dies." came the cold reply.

The didn't need to know who 'she' was, they knew it was Sailor Mercury, and their genius friend Amy Anderson.

With Mercury (again)

The new warrior that stood in her place glared daggers at her opponite.

" So you get a new transformation and now you can't fight?" Darcy taunted.

" Or maybe its because you know you'll never be as powerful as my mistress Serenity." the youma continued.

" Is that right? You were jealous she was going to rule the whole universe! While you get nothing. You think you should be Queen? right. You think your smarter than her! admit it!" Darcy all but shouted.

The new Sailor Mercury stood there her head bowed.

" NO! IT'S NOT TRUE! SERENITY WAS MY ONLY BEST FRIEND! SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO TRUELY CARED ABOUT ME! EVEN IF SHE DID HAVE SPAGGITTI FOR BRAINS! I STILL WOULD FOLLOW HER!" The Mercurian princess shouted extremely pissed.

How dare this wench accuse her of something she had nothing to do with. Kicking Serena out of the scouts was Amara and Raye's idea. She had nothing to do with it.

" ah, switching stories now? Its a little too late!" Darcy said coldly; a purple glow surrounded her hands again but this time her eyes turned purple as well.

The new Sailor Mercury stared for a moment before she pulled out her new ice whip. The weapon creakled with blue energy. Darcy looked at her in shock then loath.

" Think you can beat me because of your new toy?" Darcy taunted.

Darcy knew what her job was. She was to test the Mercurian princess' loyalty then see if she gains the power boost only a LOYAL sailor scout and protector of Serenity can recieve. She could NOT kill Sailor Mercury. But could serverly injure her. The ice maiden would be fine in the morning. Darcy also knew the scout had passed the 1st test. But smirked as the normally calm princess glared at Darcy with prue hatred.

" My new toy," the angry teenager sneered, " is going to tear you limb from limb."

" We'll see about that!" Darcy was now madder than Diana had ever seen.

~ With the inners and cape-boy~

' come on Mercury you can do this!' Tux-boy thought.

' woah, look at her weapon! its so cute! I need to get one of those.' (if you can't guess about that person I should kill you.)

' she can do this, all she needs to do is aim that weapon of her's at that wench's face.' Jupiter thought coming up with serveral ways to get rid of Darcy.

' oh gods, that girl can't fight! I need to be out there! I wanna show the others that I'm a better leader than meat-ball head!' (..... I won't say a word)

Diana smirked. Not only had she just read all of there thoughts but she had written them down as well. ' you idiots just keep screwing up your chances.'

-With Serenity-

Serena sat in a dark bedroom her eyes closed. Thoughts of the scouts gone as she stared at the dark ceiling. Serena found out her mom (moon) is back until the trials are over. Serena giggled. Her mom had pulled quiet a few strings for that to happen of course. Destiny want into a fit and Fate was laughing at her sister.

Selenity sat downstairs watching a dvd. The movie was actually an anime called 'Dragonball Z'. Selenity had to admit that Vegeta and Goku were hot. 'to bad they're married. Lucky ducks. Pluto would've like the green one. Seeing as though green is one of her favorite colors. She also could've tooken me to the DBZ world. sad.' Selenity seemed to be checking out Vegeta AGAIN. Serena walking down stares saw her favorite dvd on. It was the episode when Future Trunks showed up to warn them about the androids. Trunks was super hot and Serena seemed to get a dreamy look on her face. At the site off the lavender haired sayjin that was blushing because he had been caught staring at Vegeta. Mother and daughter stared at the screen checking out father and son. The dvd then stopped and the main menu showed up. With Trunks on the side jumping out his time machine.