Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Vessels of Fate; Blood of the Mountains ❯ Anguish; Chap 7b ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Notes:
I have not written in a REALLY REALLY long time. My deepest apologies to ANYONE still paying attention to this story. I promise you all, I will finish it. I friggin' must!

As always, none of the characters are mine. Blahblahblah.



------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------



Vessels of Fate;
Blood of the Mountains
By Monikku.



Rei pried herself from Usagi's arms, they felt to her too much like the cold grip of pain, of depression. Usagi's sincerity was merely a bitter reminder of the achings in her heart. A reminder of the futility her heart mercilessly laid before her.

A recently familiar cloud began to overcast Rei, as she gazed aimlessly, her tears taking silent reign over her visage. Brutally, she spoke, "You are always unphased. You are aware but you," she paused, searching for words, "deny, for your comfort." She lifted her head to look purposefully at the sky, her disgust tensing her muscles and filtering into her voice, "Does it make you feel better, Usagi? Does your pity for me appease you? Does my pain?" Rei ground her teeth, "Should your bleeding heart fill the void in my chest?" She clutched at her chest,
bunching her blouse in her hands, punctuating her last words. Her tears continued to fall,
moistening her clenched fists, reminding her of the unavoidable, of reality. "No, Usagi..." She shook her head, "no."

Usagi could not say exactly when she began to cry, her eyes, her body, seemed to exist in a realm distinctly separate from her mind, and her mind from her heart. She stared,
penetratively, at Rei's back. Rei's voice seemed to warble in Usagi's ears... she heard, she was certain she heard Rei speak, she registered Rei's voice, her words, but it was as if Rei were speaking a foreign language. "Pity?" She thought. "Pain? Have I caused her pain?" Usagi felt so bewildered, so overwhelmed with incomprehension. Her tears began to rain harder as her frustration ascended. She was but an infant, aware of sensation, aware of desire, aware of need, and little else.

Usagi found herself stepping forward, her hand outstretched, reaching for Rei's back.
reaching for Rei. Rei, to Usagi's bleary eyes, seemed merely a silhouette. She was a shadow.

Rei began to step forward, finding the despair and bitterness that haloed her exhausting.
Merely being in Usagi's presence exhausted her. She ran, never looking back, both hands clutching her chest, as if to keep the ravine she felt crack within her together. As if to keep what was left of her heart intact.

Usagi watched tearfully, mournfully, as the shadow of her dearest friend faded before her,
as one of her most beloved disappeared so quickly from her sight. Usagi stretched, knowing she could not reach. She stretched with the incredible yearning in her heart, to touch, to comfort,
to care for. She wanted so desperately for her legs to move, "MOVE!" but they would not. Her heart broken in two, weighing like stones in her feet. She fell to her knees, grasping at her bosom, as Rei who had before her. Attempting to grab at her pain, as Rei who also could not.



oooooooooooooooooooooooo



Minako watched two hazy figures through the stained glass windows adorning the doors leading to the Outer's yard. She attempted her very best to disguise her concern, and maintain a fluid conversation with the girls before her.

Sailor V, Sailor V, Minako had had enough Sailor V to last a lifetime. Sure, the show was fictional, only loosely based on the iconic character she had been, but it still was a reminder of a life she had lived. She wondered vaguely if perhaps anyone ever gave any thought to that.
Perhaps Usagi? Usagi held everyone's secrets, she knew. All of them confided in Usagi, even if outwardly they acted as though she was an immature gossip, an untrustworthy child. They all knew better of it. It was all prodding and teasing, but when any are in distress, it was always Usagi... Minako felt a pang at the conclusion to her thought. "It is always Usagi we go to. It is always Usagi we long for. And Rei..." she shook her head, as if to shake away thoughts from her mind all together.

"Minako-chan!" Chibi-Usa exclaimed, breaking Minako, gratefully, from her musings, "What do you think of Hosoki-san? He's cute, right?"

Minako must have looked as confused as she felt, "Who?"

"Sailor V" Chibi-Usa insisted.

"Uhm, he's cute, I'm sure." Minako said unknowingly.

"I really don't think she watches the show, Chibi-Usa-chan." Hotaru reponded. Hotaru leaned in conspiratorilly. Chibi-Usa delighted in the uncharacteristic nature of the gesture, "You know who does watch it?"

"Who, who?" Chibi-Usa asked enthusiatically.

"Haruka-papa!" Hotaru quietly declared.

Minako fixated once more on Rei and Usagi. Her heart leapt as she watched a dark figure run away, and then, slowly, a blonde head sink. All of her being pulled anxiously to chase after Rei. Rei. The name echoed in her mind, halting her thoughts. Rei, lately, seemed to be the center of gravity for all of her thoughts. What good would it be to chase after her? What good would it do, really? Rei had all but told her to mind her own business, even Artemis insisted Rei wasn't the kind to be imposed upon. He had told her that Rei needed her own space. And surely it was Usagi that mended each of their wounds, it was Usagi's light that tended to their hearts. But there Usagi was, most undoubtedly crying, and Rei had run off. Minako's eyes shone with unshed tears as her mind swirled a million thoughts, twirling her bosom to knots. Nothing made sense to her anymore, nothing at all.

"Minako-chan," a low, soothing voice called, awakening her from her reverie. A dark,
outstretched hand presented a warm cup, "Tea?"

"Mmm, thank you, Setsuna-san." Minako smiled faintly in response.

"May I?" Setsuna gestured towards the space next to Minako on the couch.

"Please," Minako responded.

Setsuna settled herself, crossing her legs, and folding her hands comfortably in her lap.
She looked about the room at the smiling faces, focusing particularly on The Outers- on her family.

She spoke in a voice which happily reflected the warmth welling within her, "There was a time I thought isolation was all I would ever have, and all that I would ever need. There was a time, so lonely, that I kept myself isolated unto myself, even amongst those around me." She paused, smiling as Haruka infinitesimally moved closer to Michiru. "I have since learned from my family, that there is nothing so precious as those that you love. And I have learned from Usagi, from you all, that there is nothing more important than love itself." Setsuna paused,
looking over Hotaru and Chibi-Usa, "There is no wrong love." Setsuna moved to look at the back door, "There is only love."



------------------------------------------------------------



MORE Author's Notes:

Yeah, this only feels like a conclusion to part A, does it? I ran out of steam at the end. My deepest apologies. I hope you all enjoyed this little bit, yes, things still seem to be moving slowly, but it's all coming together much faster than you think, I assure you. You'll see,
you'll see! Hopefully you'll see before 2010, though. ;

As always, thanks for reading my work! Please do leave your comments and criticisms. In all honest, I write specifically FOR feedback, so don't hold back, even if you hate it!

For anyone who wants to beta read, edit, discuss, debate, or just talk, email me!
l0vecat(at)hotmail-dot-com

Yeah, my email was written out all wonkylike because doth sucketh.

Cheers!
Monikku.