Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Walking Through the Shadows ❯ Walking Through the Shadows Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Walking Through the Shadows (Destiny's Tale)
By Essence

This story is based off my RPG charecture and will be placed in both the anime section and the Sailor Moon section. Please Read and Review!

Walking Through the Shadows (Destiny's Tale)
By Essence

The candles sputtered and blew low in the slight wind coming from the window. She sat alone, her back straight, legs crossed, eyes closed to the scene in front of her.
A silver sword, it's lunes glowing with a purple light. A thin rope of bronze that circled around. A top of it, a gleaming golden crown in which, jewels studded it's precious metal.

She whispered her words softly, letting them fall on the objects. From the outside rose the voices of the night, crickets and a breeze that blew. The sky was calm but just over the horizon far into the night. Planets fought an evil force covering them, now headed to conquer hers.
Her kingdom, her people would die unless she could save them. They turned their pained fearful eyes to her, hoping agaisn't hope that she would save them a peace would contiune on.
Hope was so minuscual in the face of danger, deep down even she was scared of what might happen.

" A solider dies in the night, a madien takes her flight. The fire of the star in which he burns bring thy power to thee," she whispered.

The lunes of the sword glowed brighter, a purple haze rising and surrounding her. The form of a madien that swirled around her body and brushed away a lock of hair.

" Come to the forest, dip thy fingers into this lake and hope that one day there love will be togethor again," the placid girl whispered.

The maiden smiled, a look of beauty on her pale face and brushed one cheek with her hand. She wrapped her hands around the praying girls body and closed still purple eyes.

" A solider dies in the night, a madien takes her flight. The fire of the star which he burns bring thy power to thee."

" The battle has begun," the solider said running to the room and falling to one knee.
She turned away from the mantle and nodded. Her ocean colored eyes, the same color has her hair, flashed with fire.
" Then we shall fight, let no one survive. I will not let evil take control of me," she replied stepping away from the fire and walking toward her desk.
The solider nodded and rose, rushing once again from the room.

Her eyes flashed a deep purple before she swung the sword. The evil spirit fell to the floor, screaming in pain has it died. She stepped over it's body and went on, another one must die. No solider of the dark force would survive, she would not let evil take over.
It was ugly, a man or a solider it had once been. He was torn and dirty, abused but hungry for blood.
She held he sword up, ready to fight him. The metal clashed agaisn't each other but no words were spoken. He swung hard cutting her arm but she dodged away before he made it too deep. Red blood seeped out, running down her arm, staining the white of her gown.
He smiled at her, his devoid of emotion, a look of sick evil. She swung her sword abover her head and brought it down. Right into his heart, her stared at her in shock before falling to the ground, his body, consumed by black flames.

" I have to go now, the battlefield is calling me," he whispered clasping her hand and looking into her eyes.
" I know I can't stop you from leaving me," she replied back, tears running down her cheek.
He leaned forward brushed away a stray tear, bring it to his lips and tasting the salt.
" I will come back to you, when we defet this evil, your kingdom will continu on forever."
" No it won't," she replied pulling away from him and turning away.
" I can feel it in my heart, this is the end. Yet I still fight on, with the vain hope that prehaps I can win and prehaps my life will continue forever," she added pulling the window drapes open and looking out to the lands beyond them.
He came up behind her and slipped his arms around her. Togethor they stood there looking to the sky. In the distance a battle was waging, the evil was coming and she could not stop it. She would arrive soon and all would be lost when she did.

The sword cut through, another body fell to the ground. Another soul lost by the flash of her sword. A few sacrafices must be lost though to save her kingdom. Sweat ran into her eyes, burning them mixed with the blood stained on her skin. She did not care for appearances, they had found the castle. All around her soliders fought, some falling and dieing, others continuing to fight on.

He slipped away from her and turned away from the window.
" The sight sickens me, to see my fellow men dieing all at the hand of a womyn who's heart is black ice," he growled clenching his fist.
She quietly closed the drapes, the sight sickened her too. So many lives would be lost tonight, so many she could never bring back.

The sword fell to the ground, clattering on the stone floor. That laugh it echoed through the cordiers, now empty of bodies and souls. She fell to her knees, long hair pooling around her body. It was over she could not fight anymore, the evil pressence was here.
" Don't give up!"
She looked up, a voice called out from the cordiers. A purple haze appeared covering the destrction, when it disappered the hallway was back to it's origanal apperence.
" Don't give up!" The voice called again.
She looked up with ocean colored eyes, a flash of purple appearing in them before disappering. A blue swirls of smoke surrounded her body, when it disappered she was now standing. The stains of blood and sweat gone, her dress a mix of white and blue, vines of pale blue winding through the cloth. She was barefoot, a blue ribbon winding around her legs and clasping her wrists. Her long hair blew behind her, a look of determination on her face she clasped her fists. The stone hanging from her neck, shining between the valley of her breasts.

" I must go now, my time has arrived," he whispered taking her hand and pulling her into his embrace.
They kissed, time stopping between them. The glass cage of their surroundings shattering in till they seperated.
" Wait for me," he whispered, capturing her lips once more before running from the room.
She stood there, watching him run away. One hand rose up to gently touch her bruised lips, tingling from his kiss.

The castle was silent, all life gone from it. Everything was still, she walked throught it feeling a pain at the sight of it's perfactness. Outside screams of agony mixed with laughter and the sounds of war.
She passed an open window but refused to look outside. She would not allow herself to see the sights in till she was ready for them.

The grass was soft underneath, cushions to her barefeet. The scene was peaceful, a windswept meadow underneath the starry sky. No bodies laying in torment, no fighting that was all farther away. Then why did she feel a cold chill sweeping through her bones?
The reason made it's self clear, coming forth from the sky. Queen Beryl the name of evil on the minds of all, the strongest force that she would ever contend with.

Behind her the castle burned, there was no one in it but she still could hear the screams of agony that seemed to echo from it. Beryl threw her head back and laughed. She had won another battle, her kingdom was lost forever. It was a pain to great for her but there was more.

She struggled with the bonds holding her but to anvail. The scence was horrifying but she couldn't block it. The glint of the stars on that silver balde, the way his body lay so limply on the ground, the laugh of Queen Beryl in the background.
The blade was raised above the soliders head, he looked down with dead eyes at her only love. He looked up at her, his eyes held no fear only love for her. A smile graced his features, telling her with no words that he was sorry to have her see this.
There was a moment of silence has the sword fell, then it was all over.
" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" She screamed raising her face to the stars, tears running from her eyes.
His body fell to the ground, all life now gone. The bonds loosened and she too fell to the grass. Sobs racked her body and she lay there unwilling to move. Everything was gone, her kingdom, her people, her love, everything.
She never saw the sword come down again, this time upon her.

End, for now. Please Review and tell me what you think. If you have any questions on this write me at Saliormoon175@hotmail.com. Thank you.