Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ When They Met ❯ When They Met Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I hope ya like this i may tell u i got some help from someone. but i'm gonna make it a good ending this thing will only have about 1-4 chapters. Not much i say. well enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

"Mother, you must be joking! Why would I want to marry someone I've never even met?!," cried Princess Serenity as quiet tears welled up in her eyes.
"Come now, surely by now you must know that one's people come before one's self," replied Queen Serenity. "It's a harsh reality that we must learn to both deal with and come to appreciate. My marriage to your father was arranged, and we were very happy," she trailed off, "until his death."
Princess Serenity began to feel the welled up tears trying to escape. She remembered little off her father, since he was killed when she was only a baby.
Queen Serenity turned to see her daughter on the brink of tears.
"Oh," the Queen said as she went to comfort her daughter, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." Suddenly, she backed away and regained her regal stance. "Don't worry, you will like Prince Endymion. I've met him once before, a few years ago and I promise you will be happy. You must understand that without this marriage, we cannot be sure that Earth will agree to join our Silver Millennium." She broke off, not wanting to tell her everything.
With one final sniff, Princess Serenity regained her composure. "Why don't you take a walk in the Gardens of the Moon? It will give you some time to think." Her daughter smiled and nodded, heading off towards the gardens.
Suddenly a door opened and Gina, Queen of Earth stepped into the hall where Serenity stood. "How did it go?," asked Gina.
Serenity smiled, "I sent her on a walk through the gardens to think, how did things go for you?" "Endymion didn't want to marry a stranger, it's probably what your daughter also said; so, I told him he has two hours before he meets his princess. I told him to bring the red roses with him in case he saw her in advance. He's off in the garden too." Serenity stifled a laugh, "Knowing Serenity, she'll let her odangos down for a while and cover the mark of her birthright. Hopefully, all will go well."
The two queens casually began to walk down the main corridor towards the banquet hall, talking happily .
***
Princess Serenity slowly walked into the gardens. Turning around to make sure she wasn't followed, the girl carefully undid her odango hairstyle and let her golden hair silkily float to the ground.
"Hmm, but what do I do about my crescent moon mark?," she thought. Expertly, she made two braids in her hair and twisted them so that they formed a crown, covering the sign of royalty in the process. "Much better," she commented.
Now content, Princess Serenity wandered through the gardens, headed for the tall, man. As she crept closer, she could see the figure sitting and watching the water with a bouquet of flowers clutched in his hand, which she had never seen before. He appeared to be melancholy as he quietly looked at the water with a glaze over his deep blue eyes.
Frowning at his sadness, she approached him.
"What seems to be troubling you, my lord?" The black haired man turned around in surprise. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you," she continued.
"Oh, I'm fine, it's just...life isn't fair. My mother wants me to marry the princess of your planet, so that my father will surely agree to join the Silver Millennium. Unfortunately, I've never met this girl and frankly, I'm not sure if I want to."
"Really?," she said, "I can't blame you much for that. She's not too happy about this arranged marriage either."
An awkward silence covered the garden, absorbing them in it's thick cloak of uneasiness. "I'm curious," said the disguised princess, "What are those flowers you carry? I have been in this garden many times, yet those are unfamiliar." "They're called roses," he bluntly replied, still thinking.
"Roses? We have many of those, in every color...Well, almost every color. Red roses," the words were strange to her tongue, "What a thought." "They're very common on earth," said the Prince. Carefully, he plucked a single rose from the bouquet and handed it to the mysterious maiden. "Here," he said, "perhaps you can plant some of these so your people can enjoy these flowers as much as I do."
"Thank you, your highness," said Serenity, "this noble gift is quite exquisite." Endymion shrugged off the thanks. "It's no bother," he said.
For a moment more, the prince was deep in thought. "What is the moon princess like?" Serenity was startled by his question, unsure what to say.
"She is very kind, and has many friends among the other princesses of the Silver Millennium. She's very lonely most of the time, since her friends can stay only so long before they must return to their own planets. Most of her time is spent with her mother, Queen Serenity, or in these gardens. Perhaps someday, she won't be confined to this stronghold, with diplomatic missions as her only travel.
" Endymion frowned, "That's very sad. She sounds a lot like me though."
The girl laughed, "I suspect you two will get along quite well," she said as she twirled the rose in her hand.
"I hope so," Endymion mumbled to himself. Luna poked out from the bushes. The black cat smiled. "Queen Serenity and Queen Gina will be happy to hear about this development."
With that, she ran off, back through the bushes. "I'd best be going," said Endymion, "Mother should be expecting me back." Serenity nodded "Good luck," she replied, holding in a laugh. "Boy, will he be surprised," the princess whispered to herself.
Serenity skillfully undid the crown of braids and put her hair back in the formal odango fashion that the queens and princesses of the Moon had shared for generations. "Mother was right, I think Endymion and I shall get along quite well," she said to herself. Quietly, Serenity stood up and began walking back towards the Moon Palace, twirling the rose in between her hands.
***
As Endymion was within sight of the exit to the Gardens of the Moon, an alarm sounded. "Huh?," he was quickly brought out of his thoughts. "A Negaverse attack!," he exclaimed. Just as he was about to rush out of the gardens, he remembered the woman he'd met by the waterfall. Turning around, he rushed back to where he came from.
Serenity looked up as the alarm sounded. "A Negaverse attack? Now?," she asked herself. Quickly, she hurried towards the exit, eager to return to the safety of the Moon Palace. Meanwhile, Endymion was already halfway to the waterfalls when he came to a halt. There was a forked path and he couldn't remember which one lead to the falls. Thinking shortly, he stooped down low, trying to retrace his footprints. Finding them, he sped down the path.
Rushing towards the exit was Serenity, hoisting up her flowing gown as she ran. Suddenly, she spotted a figure in the distance running towards her. Recognizing him as Endymion, she urged herself faster, hoping that she would once again feel secure in his presence.
Endymion spotted her, coming his way. "Are those? Yes they are...odangos. I was speaking to Serenity the whole time?," he laughed to himself, "Ironic, but with my luck, I'd believe it."
"Serenity," he called, "You must get to safety, we should head back to the Moon Palace." Serenity nodded, her ponytails whipping in the wind as she ran with Endymion. "One heck of a first meeting huh?," she asked the prince.
He had to laugh at that, "Tell me about it. I meet my princess without knowing it, only to discover it on the brink of war." He shook his head to keep himself from laughing even more.
The two quickly ran from the exit of the gardens, holding their ears to drown out the wailing sirens. Suddenly, a ship swooped down and began firing on them. "Get down!," yelled Endymion. But his cries were unheard over the sirens. Serenity continued running and the ship followed her. Seeing he could do nothing else to help her, Endymion lunged at the princess, knocking her to the ground.
With a startled cry, Serenity hit the ground and was instantly covered by Endymion, in his attempt to protect her. "Agh!," came a startled cry from the prince. Serenity gasped, "Are you alright?" "Yes, I'm okay," he replied, his voice strained. Knowing he was hurt, she snuck out from underneath his cover. "What are you doing?," he asked. "You're hurt," she replied as she tore part of the hem of her gown off. "Get down!," he cried.
Sternly, the princess ignored his pleas, although they were still under siege. Carefully, she wrapped the torn fabric around his arm, apologizing as he winced from the pain of the burn. Endymion looked up at the approaching vehicle. The person seated at the controls was faceless and nameless, but was obviously fully immersed in the evils of the Negaverse. He gritted his teeth and jumped up. "Come on," he said, "We'll have to run for it." Serenity nodded and gathered up her skirts.
With much effort, Endymion pulled himself up from the warm, moist ground and crouched on his knees, fatigued by the effort. "Go! Now!," he yelled. "Not without you," replied the princess. "Look," he said mildly annoyed, "this is no time to foolishly stand by me in a self- sacrificial manner. You have to hurry, before it's too late!"
Sadly, Serenity remembered what her mother had told her, 'Surely by now you must know that one's people come before one's self. It's a harsh reality that we must learn to both deal with and come to appreciate.'
Pondering this, she stood her ground. "Don't make this any harder than it has to be Serenity," he said with a sigh.
Tears once again clouded the princesses vision as energy bolts threatened overhead. Endymion was weak, and in no condition to run the distance to safety. "Move dammit!," he yelled angrily. "I'll bring help," said Serenity as she rushed off.

FIN for now
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ya like ? I do! he he! well there will be more o Kay bye! PLEASE REVIEW!!! THIS is my first!