Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Nights ❯ First Night - The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]


Author:
Lauand (Cierzo)
Beta: Bookofnicodemus (Sex Slave #6) 
Theme:
#4 - Darkness in my heart 
Rating:
PG-13 for this chapter 
Disclaimer:
Not mine. 
Author Notes:
This is my contribution to the 30_nights LJ Community. Thank you very much to Books (you, sexy thing) for the beta-ing.
 
30 NIGHTS
First Night - The Beginning
--------------------------------
      “Of course I could!”
      “Are you willing to bet on it?”
      “Name your price.”
      And so, everything began. Never, ever, brag about anything when you're drunk. Your so-called friends will laugh and say you're exaggerating, you'll be piqued, they'll dare you to do something to prove your point, and you'll accept.
      Unfortunately, Milo tended to forget that simple truth when he went out. Egocentric ass that he was, he always had to boast about the endless list of people he had bedded and his awesome sex prowess. Ha. It had been child's play for Aphrodite to engage him in that stupid wager to prove his irresistibility, and the efficiency of his seductive technique. And the fool, of course, had fallen for it.
      Several hours later, the stars watched as Camus helped the inebriated Knight of Scorpio climb the interminable flights of stairs that lead to their temples.
      “You shouldn't have done it, Milo.” The tone was neutral, the upbraiding words somewhat softened by the fact that Camus never judged him.
      “And what'id you expect me to do, huh?” The Knight of Scorpio grumbled, as he let his cold friend help him up a treacherous step. “My honour was at stake!”
      Camus walked up a couple steps more, until the other Knight's pace was steady again (more or less), before calmly replying, “That was not your honour, Milo. There's none in bedding someone just because of a foolish bet. It was your pride that was talking there.”
      “Grrrr….”
      Two, three steps more.
      “Hic!
      “Oh, for Athena's sake, Milo, don't hiccup!”
      The Knight of Scorpio tried to cast a deadly glare at his colleague, but for some reason, it was not so easy to do so when drunk. Things moved constantly, and it was difficult to fix his sight on any one thing long enough to glare properly, so instead he chose to voice his protest.
      “S'not'as if I could... help - hic! - it! It's not my faaault…”
      “Of course it is.”
      “Hic!
      “You wouldn't be hiccupping right now if you hadn't gulped down so much alcohol.”
      “Camus, you'rrre a boooooore.”
      “And you're a drunkard.”
      Milo could have argued against that, but didn't want Camus to finally get fed up and leave him alone to climb up the rest of the stairs on his own, so he wisely chose to agree.
      “Hmmm… Hic… fair 'nough.”
      The silence fell upon them again, the only sound that broke the night being the rhythmic thud of their feet on the pavement in their ascension to their shrines.
      “Camusss…”< /div>
      Another step, and another one.
      “Hmm?”
      Another flight of stairs left behind.
      “Who designed this... damned Sssanctuarrry?! And why the Hell'id they... put so many... damned stairssss in it?!”
      Ignoring the indignant tone of his friend's voice, the Knight of Aquarius went straight to the point. “That's not what you were going to ask. Go ahead; what is it?”
      After some seconds of hesitation, never altering the pace of their climb, Milo let it out: “You'rrre ssooooo obserrrvant… you know... Shaka and I have, nothing, in common so… how shhhould I approach him?”
      Camus let an irritated sigh escape his lips. “That's the problem, Milo, you SHOULDN'T approach him. There's no way I'm going to help you with this. And for Athena's sake, give up drinking altogether! It makes you either drop your mask completely or wear a very ugly one, so do everybody a big favour and stop being either vulnerable or the ass you were before in the bar.”
      Milo sighed. It was a rare thing indeed to hear such a long speech from Camus and so passionate. He knew he had fucked it up again.
      “I can't jussst back off now, my frrien'. I just can't.”
      Just one more flight of stairs and they would be there.
      “You can,” came the cool answer. “But you won't.”
      “Ok, you can leave me in the... the entrrrance… hic!” the drunken Knight said when they finally reached his temple. “I can manage from 'eerrre.”
      “Like Hell you can. You'll drop dead on the floor and fall asleep. I'm tucking you in.”
      “Mmm…” Milo purred as he tried to dodge a table without success. But at least, the good thing about being hopelessly boozed is that you are invincible, and the corners of the furniture you run across can't hurt you. “You could do morrre'an that… and I'll show you firrrst hand what all that talk about my amazing abilitiesss're all about…”
      Suppressing the urge to roll his eyes, Camus firmly pushed his friend's face away from his, and lead him to the bedroom. “No, thank you very much.”
      Milo giggled as he was thrown unceremoniously onto his bed.
      “Aaah… Aioria'sss face was prriiiiceless... during the betting…”
      Used to sudden changes in conversation from the other Knight, especially when he was sloshed, Camus simply replied, “Of course he was upset, Aioria likes Shaka. No wonder he wasn't pleased when he heard you claim him as your prey.”
      “Hey! It wasn't meee who started it! If Apro… Ashro… hic… if Aphrodite hadn't said that I wouldn't be able to seduce him…”
      “It's childish to get worked up over such nonsense. It's your fault for falling for Pisces' stupid trick.”
      “Bah.” Taking off his shoes, Milo did his best to get between the covers until Camus lost his patience and really did tuck him in. “Aioria should have made 'is move aaaaages ago. It's obvious that if anything, Shaka NEEDS to get laid. I'm prrrobably doing him a favourrr.”
      Shaking his head with incredulity, Camus wondered why he was so fond of such a bastard.
      “Milo, for being a Knight of Athena, you've got a dark, rotten soul.”
      “The... Darkness within the Light… I'm the scorpion, you know.”
      “And we're supposed to save the world...” Camus murmured with sarcasm.
      “Oh, yesss… but who'll save US?”
      “You're impossible when you're sober. Drunk, you're just hateful.”
      “It could be worse, y'know… hic… I could be Deathmask.”
      Inwardly agreeing, Camus simply turned back in silence to abandon the Scorpion temple, but Milo's hand pinching his sleeve deterred him, and made him look again at the drunken Knight.
      “Camus, are you... disappointed in me?”
      Faintly smiling at the frailty of the question, so out of character for his friend, the Knight of Aquarius softly answered.
      “No. For that, I should have had some hopes for you to begin with.”
      Understanding the answer for what it truly was, Milo smiled, relieved.
      “Good night, my frien'.”
      “Good night, pain in my ass.”
      And with that, the Knight of Aquarius exited the room.