Saint Tail Fan Fiction ❯ Born to Be a Winner ❯ Born to Be a Winner ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Born to be a Winner

By Liger Zero Schneider

Disclaimer: I do not own Saint Tail. Keep in mind that I've only read up to Vol. 2.

Saint Tail had escaped again!

Asuka Jr., as he was called, punched his fist against a nearby wall. He said that no one but him could catch Saint Tail, yet he never caught her.

The police had left by now, so Asuka sat on a nearby bench. He couldn't go home yet; he'd get it from his dad. The bench was where he fell asleep.

`````````````````````````````

He woke up to the sound of giggling. After dreaming about a race against Saint Tail and he never caught up with her, he ended up sprawled on the bench.

His hand was clutched on a pink skirt. He looked for the owner of the skirt and found the grinning face of Saint Tail.

"Looks like you caught me!" she said, moving Asuka Jr. over so that he was sitting up and she was sitting next to him.

For a while, they just sat there, not needing to talk. Then Saint Tail got up, saying she needed to get home.

Asuka Jr. got up and chased after her, saying that he finally caught her, he didn't want to lose her. He grabbed her ponytail. It came undone and fell against her face. She turned around.

Meimi…he thought.

Saint Tail…no, Meimi, leaned over, put a hand to his lips and a kiss to his forehead and whispered that he had already captured her heart.

She took off.

`````````````````````````````

The next day at school, all the kids except Seira were creeped out. Meimi and Asuka Jr. weren't at each other's throats and Asuka wasn't ranting about capturing Saint Tail.

Asuka thought about a dream he had when he got home. The race again, but this time Asuka carried Meimi over the finish line.

He was the winner.

Just like he was born to be.