Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Memories ❯ Frozen Memories ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Frozen Memories
Heretical Child
Fandom: Saiyuki
Character(s): Goku, implied Nataku, Sanzo
Disclaimer: Saiyuki belongs to its respective creators and/or publishers.
Genre: Angst/General
Point of View: 2nd Person, Goku
Part: 1/1
Words: 401 words
Summary: Goku was imprisoned once. His sun melted the frigidness of his body, but what of his soul? And what of the one who was sealed to protect him?

You had been held there for so long.
Five hundred years. Five hundred years in this small, damp cell carved of stone and covered in wards. On your wrists were shackles and they lay there, limp, chained to the back where you did not dare look.
Quietly, you curled up, looking at the silver flakes that were falling from the sky. This meant it would be very cold soon. You gazed out the bars of rock with sad golden eyes. You wished to be free. You wished to have others to be with…and to play in the sun.
Liquid gold eyes shut tightly and you scooted to the back of the cell. Shadows covered your body completely. You missed something. Something that you couldn't remember, but you were familiar with: something—no, someone—with gold eyes. Or had it been gold hair? It was hard to remember, and childishly you scrunched your face in thought.
Then, you decided with some thought, that there must have been two people.
One with golden eyes, like yours, and another with hair the color of the sun. Both people you wished you could remember. Both of them made you so happy, and yet so unbearably sad. You thought hard.
What were their names? After some thought, you realized that they had names—they must have. But you couldn't remember them.
Golden eyes of the first person brought the feeling of energy and made him feel happier than he could ever remember being. You decided to call him Happy. And the long, golden hair of the other reminded you…of the sun. Warmth, security…and peace. Sun, was a good name, you decided. He would be called Sun.
You were happy for a moment, moving back to the front of the cell and catching a drifting snowflake in your hand.
You were remembering those who you have forgotten, and then they would remember you too!
Carefully crushing the flake in your hand, you gazed at the rising sun. You loved the sun. You loved the feeling called happiness. And now, smiling, you decided that you were going to love both people. Both of those who you had just remembered, you would love.
And for the first time since you had awoken, you spoke to the sun which now seemed like a friend than a bitter mockery.
“Hello, Sun. Happy. My name is Goku. Will you be my friend?”