Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Gensomaden Saiyuki: Reversed ❯ An affair revealed ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter fifth: In which a secret affair is revealed.
 
 
 
Satsuki was doing her best not to lose her temper and kill Atsuko and Azusa while they rode in Haruka's Dragon/jeep.
Haruka looked over at her priestess friend to find the woman's eyebrow twitching as her grip on the paper fan, that she always kept handy for such occasions, tightened.
“Why would anyone want to sleep with a stupid monkey like you? You're probably still a virgin!” Azusa blushed.
“What business is it of yours?”
“Ha! I knew it. Azusa is a virgin; Azusa is a virgin, Azusa's a-” WHAP! “Ow, Satsuki that hurt!”
“ I think that was the point” Haruka said, chuckling as Satsuki put the fan down and took out her pack of cigarettes to find it empty.
“Damn. Haruka how far is it to the next town?”
“Oh about four hours away.” Satsuki sighed in defeat.
“Terrific. Four hours stuck with you three and no cigarettes.” At that point, Satsuki heard a lighter being struck behind her.
Turning around she saw Atsuko lighting the cigarette that hung from her lips.
Noticing Satsuki's pointed stare, Atsuko smirked wickedly.
“I bet you wish you'd been just a little bit nicer to me now don't you?”
“No” WHAP!
“OW!” Satsuki confiscated the newly lit cigarette and the pack Atsuko had been hoarding and settled back in her seat.
While Atsuko pouted at the sudden loss of her cigarettes, Azusa got a sudden idea.
“Hey Satsuki, can I have one?” She asked, leaning up in the front seat.
“No”
“ Awww, but why?”
“Forget it.”
“But why?!” Satsuki sighed.
“Because if you start smoking now you really will be virgin forever.”
“ But Atsuko smokes and she's definitely not a virgin.”
“Hey!”
“And besides, how could I be a virgin if I'm sleeping with-” WHAP! “Hey what was that for?!”
“You talk too damn much!”
“ Humph!” Azusa sat back in her seat, rubbing her head and pouting. “See if I ever eat your-” WHAP! “OW!”
 
An hour later the four travelers had stopped to let Hakuryuu rest and to stretch limbs that had grown sore from inactivity.
Azusa, growing bored with the poker game that had started between her three friends, left the rest of the party and wandered into the forest they had stopped next to.
After about and hour, Haruka noticed the fourth member of their group had gone missing.
“Hey guys… does it seem unusually quiet to you?” Satsuki grunted in response.
“Now that you mention it,” Atsuko began, “Where did that stupid monkey go?”
“I haven't seen her in a while actually.” Haruka said, putting a finger to her chin.
“Maybe one of us should go look for her.” Atsuko said looking to Satsuki who was staring at her cards.
“Yeah, if we don't find her then she might get into some serious trouble.” Haruka looked to Satsuki too as she lit another cigarette.
“She might get hurt or eat something that could make her really sick.” Atsuko said nudging Satsuki who examined her cards again.
“Or she might get captured by someone and then hung up by her toes.” Haruka said nudging Satsuki as well.
“There's nothing you can say that will make me go look for that brat.”
Atsuko and Haruka snickered and exchanged wicked glances as Satsuki sweat dropped.
A half hour later Satsuki was muttering under her breath as she stepped through the forest looking for her lost companion.
“When I find that little brat I'm rip her throat out”
“Rip whose throat out?” Satsuki jumped as she heard a voice behind her.
She whirled around, drawing her banishing gun in the process
“Whoa!” Azusa said backing up and holding her hands out in a placating gesture. “Don't go all psycho! Its just me!”
“Stupid monkey” Satsuki growled as she started walking back the way she had come.
“Wait a minute!” Azusa yelled as she grabbed the taller woman's hand and pulled her further into the forest.
“What the hell do you think you're doing?”
“Would you just trust me for once Satsuki?”
“I don't think so”
“Satsuki…” Azusa growled warningly.
“…Fine” Satsuki sighed after a moments thought.
“Good now hurry up.”
“Where exactly are you taking me?”
“I told you to trust me.”
“So what? I still want to know where we're going.”
“Well that's too bad because I'm not going to tell you”
“Really?”
“Yes really. Why would I say that I wasn't going to tell you if I didn't mean it?”
“Because I just thought that maybe your head wouldn't hurt if you told me”
“My head doesn't-” WHAP! “OW!”
“Now do you want to tell me?”
“*Sniff* you're so mean to me *Sniff* Satsuki”
“Tough love, Monkey” was the Priestesses reply as she crushed out her cigarette. “Now come on so we can leave this gods-forsaken forest.” Satsuki turned around to go back the way she had come when her hand was grabbed again and she was yanked on the opposite direction. “A-Azusa! What are you doing?!”
“I told you to trust me!” resigning herself to be dragged around by the shorter girl, Satsuki sighed.
After about another half hour, Azusa stopped in front of a row of bushes and let Satsuki's hand go.
“We walked for a half hour for some bushes?”
“No. We walked a half hour for…”She pushed the bushes aside with a dramatic flourish revealing a hot spring.
“Humph.” Satsuki walked past Azusa, tying her hair up and slipping her hakama off before sliding into the spring. “Well at least you're good for something, Monkey.” The priestess said with a contented sigh as she leaned back against a convenient rock.
“I really wish you wouldn't call me that.”
“If the shoe fits…” Azusa growled but otherwise remained silent.
After a few moments Satsuki opened one eye to see that Azusa had followed her example as far as getting into the spring but instead of relaxing was sitting with her arms folded, glaring at nothing in particular.
“Azusa…” the glare switched directly to Satsuki. “ Come here.”
“Just because you tell me to do something, doesn't mean that I'm going to do it.”
“Azusa…” In spite of herself, the smaller girl obeyed and waded over to the priestess only to hit in the head with a paper fan.
“OW! What was that for?!”
“For not listening when I told you to come over here.”
“ But you didn't have to hit me for it!”
“Yes I did, otherwise you never would have learned your lesson.”
“ You suck, Satsuki!” The blond priestess smirked.
“Really now? And all this time I thought I was-” Azusa blushed.
“Stop being so vulgar!”
“What's vulgar about it? I fail to see your point if view here. After all I was only going to describe something that you and I take turns doing to each other every night.” Azusa's color continued to redden.
“Satsuki!” Her smirk widened as she resumed her previous relaxed position.
“I just can't help it. You're cute when you get embarrassed.”
“You are totally freaking' me out right now.”
“Really? And why is that?”
“You aren't acting like yourself. Normally you wouldn't say something like that out of the blue unless…” Azusa narrowed her eyes. “You're drunk aren't you?” Satsuki sat up and opened her eyes, blinking confusedly.
“Drunk? On what?”
“I don't know but the only time you've ever said that I was cute or ever said anything positive to or about me is after we've made love and since we haven't in a few days being stuck with Atsuko and Haruka then the only possible conclusion I can come up with is that YOU are drunk.” Satsuki smiled and shook her head. “See! You never smile like that! You're drunk!”
“I'm not drunk, Azu. I'm just happy to finally have some time alone with you. Now, come here.” Satsuki held her hand out to the startled youkai girl who looked at it dubiously before taking it.
“What is going on with you any-Mph!” Her question was cut short as a pair of lips roughly covered hers. “Satsuki!”
“You act as if I've never kissed you before.” She opened her eyes slowly to stare lazily at the brunette who was nearly sitting in her lap. “Why is this bothering you so much? You always complain about the way I treat you and now when I treat you differently you still get pissed off.” She sighed and closed her eyes again. “ Make up your mind you stupid monkey.”
Azusa frowned.
“Satsuki…”
“What do you want?”
“How, exactly do you feel about me? I mean do you even remotely like me or am I just a convenient lay?” Satsuki opened one eye to glare at her for a few moments before closing it with a sigh and settling a hand on the Youkai's head.
“What do you think idiot? I've been being immature and mushy just to please you. Why would I do that if I didn't remotely like you?” Azusa still wasn't satisfied.
“You just like me now? Last time we slept together you told me you loved me. What happened to that?!”
“You're really pissing me off now Azusa.” The blond woman said as she turned and climbed out of the spring.
“Answer my question, Satsuki!” She followed Satsuki's example again as the priestess retrieved her hakama.
“I thought I had already done that.”
“Satsuki! Tell me you love me! Please!” Satsuki turned to Azusa to see the youkai girl sitting in the ground shaking slightly as she sobbed into her hands.
She knelt down next to her distressed lover and placed two fingers under her chin lifting her face up.
“ You want me to say it? Fine. I love, I love you, I love you. But that's not how you want to hear it is it? Without any feeling at all. You've got to face reality. The only one I love is Kawashima Natsume. A dead woman.” Satsuki stood up and starting walking back to where she'd left Atsuko and Haruka, with Azusa following at a much slower pace.
 
 
Author's note: For those people who caught it. Yes the last few lines of dialog were taken from the Gravitation. It just seemed to fit so well here.