Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Rising ❯ The Meaning Of Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A full moon bathed the lone riders body. She closed her eyes in bliss as she galloped past the bulwark. She opened her eyes as her mount leaped across a ditch. The person slowed her mount until her mount was standing stock still. The person hopped of her horse. The horse snorted as the weight from his rider was relieved from his back, for it had been a long ride.
The woman appeared to be sixteen years of age. She had pale skin, and she wore an austere expression on her face. The woman had blood red eyes, her hair was black and it was pulled back into a long braid. She wore a black spaghetti strap shirt made completely of silk and her pants were black with white fringe on the end they were also made of silk.
“Its almost here Lancer,” she exclaimed to her black horse. After three minutes of waiting there was a soft groaning that came from deep within the ground, soon after that the ground started to shake and the soft groaning of the earth turned into a cacophony of what sounded like high pitched screaming.
The woman pulled out her sword from its sheaf. Moments later the ground shattered into a thousand pieces as a demon arose from its slumber. Lancer rose into a rear and screamed to the heavens. The women got into a fighting stance as the demons blood-lust filled the air.
The demon swung his gigantic hand at Lancer, Lancer leaped out of the way in the nick of time. It will be hard to expunge this one from the universe, thought the woman as she leaped high in the air as she swung her sword at the demon.
The demon smacked her away as if a fly had landed on his shoulder. “Foolish mortal,” growled the demon in a low crackling voice. “You cannot destroy the greater power.” The woman landed on her feet breathing hard.
“You want to bet on that bug eyes,” cried out the woman with an aloof expression on her face. The demon’s laughter filled the air. It wasn’t a joyous kind of laughter, it was a dangerous laughter filled with blood-lust. The exact moment the demon let his guard down the woman’s sword was engulfed in flames, the flames were not fire but something much more sinister, they were pitch black.
The woman slammed the tip of her sword into the ground., a large wave of sinister darkness made its way quickly toward the demon. As it engulfed the demon shrieks of pain came from it as it disinagrated. Its last words were “ You may have defeated me, but the Dark Lord will surely send you to heck.”
Moments later a small breeze made the charred remains of the demon dance in the air. Peace had returned to a small part of the world. I knew my plan hadn’t been cerebral, for the Dark Lord has seen what I look like and now my journey will be ten times harder. Sensing his owners anxiousness Lancer nuzzled the woman’s shoulder. The woman briefly patted the horses neck then she hopped onto Lancer. “I shall move onto the next town, that’s all I can do to keep living.” Lancer and the woman headed west which was toward a large town called Igraham.
After an hour of complete boredom the woman started to think about her life as a mercenary. Your life is always on the brink of life and death, in my life I never get the chance to fear death for it will come to me in time, you cannot stop the inevitable. For I do not fear death only the immortals do. They made themselves immortal because there fear of death consumed them, but it will still come to them, even if it takes thousands of years….
“Wow,” said the woman out loud. “What a nasty little subject to get into.” Lancer snorted at the sound of the woman’s voice. Sheena noticed some ranch men moving a small chattel of cattle. That sight gave her hope that things would be back to normal, after she slayed the Demon Lord of course…
Within a few days the twosome entered the town of Igraham. The woman trotted Lancer to the inn. The woman hopped off and walked Lancer toward the inn’s stable. A small young scruffy looking boy ran up to her. “Excuse me,” said the boy shyly. “I’ll take your horse…” The woman handed him the reins.
“Hold out your hand,” instructed the woman. The boy held out his hand. The woman gave him ten gold coins. And what a prize that was for a little boy.
“Thank you so much,” exclaimed the boy as he stuffed the coins in his pocket. After that he ran toward the stable.
The women walked into the inn and payed for a nights. Then she walked into the inn’s lounge. She had an old friend she had to meet. “Sheena,” said a girl squealing with delight. Man sakura is the only person that could say my name without it sounding like nails on a chalk board.
Sakura was a year younger than Sheena. She had light peach skin, and dark pink hair that was pulled back in a pony tail. Sakura wore a kimono. Its colors were the colors of spring and they were rich in design. Sakura had a light, cheerful personality while it seemed Sheena had a darker personality. I know I almost always am depressed, and mourning over something but I deserve it after all the wretched things I’ve done in the past. Sakura high squealing of delight tore Sheena away from her thoughts. “Sakura,” Sheena said sternly. “Your attracting to much attention!” Both of the girls decided to take a walk outside. We both know this is only a small part of our journey, but at least we can be happy and carefree for a few wonderful moments that we shall embrace in our hearts forever…