Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ Happy ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Happy
 
 
 
 
Migeira has seen the day the Thousand-Killer died.
 
Or, perhaps, to be more precise, he has seen the day Onime no Kyo will leave this world, the day the demon loses its inclination for living.
 
He has seen the scenes in perfect clarity, the frames whipping past his sight with inexorable certainty.
 
He sees a union his erstwhile companions have been expecting for sometime.
 
Shiina Yuya-san twines her hand around that of Onime no Kyo, pressing close against him, raising her laughing face to his even as her other hand falls from wishing her friends a fare-thee-well. Kyo smiles, and for the first time, relieved of the pressure of his search and away from all enemies, he holds tight the hand of the woman whom he has made his world.
 
He sees months that were probably happy, probably enough for them, probably a future he will never tell them he has seen.
 
Yuya-san strides along a dirt-packed road with Kyo, carrying a medicine box and moving on. To the nearest town, maybe further.
 
Yuya-san stands in front of a house about halfway up a mountainside, isolated and perfect.
 
Yuya-san lays out a reasonable dinner and smiles at Kyo when he sits down. She raises her chopsticks to feed him and he laughs then feeds her back.
 
Migeira thinks Yuya is the focus of his visions because the seer cannot truly believe that such happiness could lie in the future of the demon with bloody eyes. But he thinks they are happy, after all, and he thinks this is the happiest that Onime no Kyo has ever been. He know that in this future, this is the happiest that the Thousand-killer will ever be.
 
Migeira sees a stone grave-marker, the only reminder of the woman who bound generals to a cause. Migeira thinks momentarily that it should not be something like this for some one like her.
 
Migeira sees a burning house halfway up a mountainside, sees a blade bloody for the first time in months, sees the splash of red hair on the floor, the burning cherry-red of a fire. Migeira thinks this death is fitting, steel and blood and fire, and all around despair.
 
Abruptly he is jerked back to the present, and Shiina Yuya-san wraps her hand around Kyo's at a moment of farewell.
 
He says nothing. He had seen they would be happy.
 
A pity, perhaps, that Migeira got it right.
 
-end-