Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ We are Destined ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4
 
 It is almost 9 in the evening. “Papa, we have to go. Sayo's brother is already waiting for her to come home.” Souzo said. “Okay darling. Drive safely okay? Good night Sayo, it was nice meeting you.” Souzo's mother said. “It was nice meeting you, too and good night.” Sayo replied. After saying their `good-byes', Souzo and Sayo went out of the house and went off to Sayo's house.
It is already 9:30 in the evening when Sayo and Souzo arrived at Sayo's house… there they saw Shougo waiting at the front porch. When Sayo and Souzo got out of the car, Shougo stood up and walked towards Sayo. He gave her a small kiss at the cheek. “Did you have fun?” he asked. Sayo smiled and nodded. “I better go home now.” Souzo said. Sayo turned to face him and gave him a kiss at his cheek. “Good night… and take care.” She said. Souzo was a bit shocked and happy. This was the first time that Sayo gave him a kiss at his cheek. He smiled at Sayo. “Good night… sweet dreams.” He said, then he looked at Shougo and said, “Good night Shougo. Thanks for letting me borrow your sister tonight.” Shougo smiled. “No, thank you for making my sister happy tonight.” He said. Souzo nodded and went off to his car and made his way out of Sayo's house gates. Shougo looked at his sister- that seems very happy. “Come on; let's get back to the house.” He said. When they entered the house, Sayo said `goodnight to her brother and ran upstairs and changed clothes then went to sleep.
***
(10:15 p.m.) Sano went to his room and changed clothes. He heard a car approach… it was Souzo's car. Souzo entered the house and locked the door. He ran upstairs towards his room then changed his clothes to pajamas. Someone knocked at his door. Souzo stood up and opened the door. It was Sano who knocked at the door. “Hey, can I come in?” Sano said. Souzo smiled and nodded and made way for his brother then closed the door. Sano sat at the end of Souzo's bed and Souzo sat beside him. “I saw you come out of your car and you seem so happy…” Sano said. Souzo smiled and looked at Sano. “Before I left Sayo's house, she kissed me at the cheeks… that was the first time she kissed me at the cheeks.” Souzo bragged. Sano laughed but Souzo's awkward silence made him stop. “You really love her, right?” Sano said. “Yes, I do…” Souzo replied. Souzo looked at Sano's eyes… “Do you really know each other?” Sano was shocked when he heard what his brother asked him. “Well… we just met last week… at a school meeting. That's it.” Sano said. He didn't want to hurt his brother's feelings… “You seem so cold to her when she was here.” Souzo said. Sano felt something stuck in his throat- what will he say? He took a deep breath. “Well, when w-we met at the school, she seems too uptight.” Sano said. Souzo smiled- this made Sano furious. “You just misjudged her… I assure you, she's totally sweet and caring.” Souzo said. “I think I have to go… I'm a little bit dizzy now,” Sano said. Souzo said, “Okay, goodnight.” Sano went out of his brother's room and went to his room. When he was about to jump to his bed, he saw Sayo's necklace hanging from a pocket of the pants he was wearing earlier that day. He grabbed it and stared at it. He remembered something that Sayo said when they first met… `No! Don't take that! That is so important to me…' Sano frowned. “Why? Why is this so important to you?” he whispered. Then he placed it in his drawer and finally decided to go to sleep.