Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ We are Destined ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5
 
 The next morning, Sano jumped out of his bed and prepared for school. After eating his breakfast, he checked out his brother. He knocked at Souzo's door. “Hey bro, aren't you going to school?”
Souzo smiled and replied, “No, but I'm going to the city gym… we're gonna have our basketball training there.” Sano nodded. “Very well then, champ. Practice hard so that our school team will win the tournament again.” Sano said, with his best grin. “Okay, bye!” Souzo said. After their small talk, Sano went out of their house and jumped inside the car that is waiting for him.
When he was walking at the school corridor, he saw his best buddy, Kenshin Himura, talking to his girlfriend of two years, Kaoru Kamiya. “Hey Kenshin!” Sano greeted. Kenshin and Kaoru smiled at him. “Well, Sano… how's your weekend?” Kaoru asked. Sano chuckled. “Well, finally, I met my brother's girlfriend.” He bragged. “Oh, really?” Kenshin asked. Sano nodded. “Tell me, Sano, how is she? What's her name?” Kaoru asked, with curiosity in her big blue eyes. Sano took a deep sigh. “Her name is Sayo Muto, she studies here.” Kenshin moved a little closer to Kaoru. “You know her, right Kaoru?” Kenshin asked. Kaoru looked at Kenshin's eyes. “Yes, we're close friends.” Then Kaoru turned her eyes at Sano. “Sayo didn't tell me that Souzo is her boyfriend.” Kaoru added. “Maybe Sayo is just protecting their relationship; after all, Souzo is the school MVP, right?” Kenshin said. “Can you please tell me her personality?” Sano interrupted. “You said that you met her this weekend.” Kaoru asked. Sano looked down. He didn't know what to say. Before he could open his mouth, the school bell rang. “Well, Kenshin, we have to go… we have a class right?” Sano said. After parting with Kaoru, Sano and Kenshin walked towards their classroom…
It was almost 4:58 in the afternoon. `Just two more minutes… before the school bell rings.' Sano thought. `I can't wait to go home.' He thought. After two more minutes, the school bell rang and everyone in the room grabbed their bags and went out of their classrooms. When Sano closed his locker, he noticed Kenshin standing behind him. “Oh, Kenshin, why are you here?” Sano asked. His friend smiled at him. “I just noticed your behavior today, is there a problem?” Kenshin asked. He knew Sano since kindergarten and since then, they've been best friends. Whenever Sano have a problem, Kenshin is the one whom Sano runs to. Sano smiled. “A problem? Nah… I just need more sleep, that's all.” Sano said. But he was lying. Yes, something is bothering him. He can't explain why he keeps on thinking about Sayo. “Anyway, I got to go, buddy.” Sano said. Kenshin smiled and waved at his friend. He watched Sano's tall, lean figure fade in the crowd. `I know that there is a problem… why won't you tell me?' Kenshin thought.
Sano is walking in a park. When he remembered that he forgot his Biology book at school. He ran as fast as he could. `It's just 5:30, the school's still open' he thought. When he arrived there, he rushed to his room and there he saw his book. After getting it, he walked to the corridor when he heard something. He followed the voices he is hearing. He ended at the school gym. He peeked at the doors. He saw a tall guy and… Sayo. “Miss, it's just a date. C'mon!” the guy said. Sayo walked away from the guy. Without thinking, Sano entered the school gym. “Let her go… you heard her, she doesn't want to have a date with you!” he said. Sayo was shocked to see Sano. This made the guy mad. He rushed towards Sano and grabbed him by the collar. “Okay, I will never disturb her again, if you defeat me!” the guy bragged. Sano chuckled. “Very well then…” Sano said. He threw his bag to Sayo, and winked at her. Sayo just stood there, as she watched those men fight. The guy gave Sano a hard punch; Sano kicked the guy. Both men exchanged kicks and punches. Sano was already tired. “Okay, I'm going to finish this fight now!” Sano shouted. This made the guy angry. He punched Sano's face as hard as he could. But Sano gave him an uppercut. This made the guy fall on his knees. Sano looked down at the guy and clenched his fists. “You want more?” Sano bragged. The guy stood up. “No, please… don't hurt me anymore! You won!” the guy gushed then ran away. Sano took a deep sigh. Then he turned to look at Sayo. “See, I won.” Sano said. Sayo ran towards him. “You didn't have to-” before she could finish her sentence, Sano fell on his knees. Sayo dropped Sano's bag- and her bag, too. And ran towards Sano. She knelt down and helped Sano sit. “You see… this is the result when you fight!” Sayo said. Sano looked at her eyes… Brown met green. “I h-have to teach that guy a lesson. He shouldn't treat girls like that…” Sano said. “You don't have to worry about me… I always get involved in fights like that.” He added. Sayo took a deep sigh. “Can you stand up?” she said. Sano looked at her and nodded. Sayo helped the wounded man stand up and grabbed their bags. While they were walking… “Where are we going?” Sano asked. “We're going to the clinic… I'm going to fix your wounds.” Sayo whispered.