Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ We are Destined ❯ Chapter 7

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7
 
 The next day, Sano was walking at the school corridor with Kenshin. “Hey, want to have lunch with Kaoru and her friends?” Kenshin said. “Hmmm, sounds great.” Sano said, with a small grin in his face. The two of them walked to the school cafeteria. When they entered the cafeteria, some girls giggled… Kenshin and Sano are one of the girls' heartthrobs in school. But Kenshin and Sano were already used to that. They just walked and searched the cafeteria for Kaoru. “There they are.” Kenshin said, pointing Kaoru's table. Both of them walked towards Kaoru's table. Kenshin sat beside his girlfriend and Sano sat beside an empty chair at the right side of the table. “I suppose both of you already know Misao.” Kaoru said. Both men nodded and smiled. “Excuse me, did I miss something?” a voice interrupted. Kenshin, Kaoru, Kenshin and Sano looked back to see who it was. “Oh! Sayo.” Kaoru gushed. “Kenshin, Sano, this is Sayo.” She added. “So, we finally meet.” Kenshin said. Sayo smiled and searched for a seat. Her eyes landed on a chair beside Sano. “Oh, Hi Sayo.” Sano gushed. Sayo smiled and tapped him at his back and sat beside him. “Argh, I'm the only one who doesn't have a pair!” Misao shouted. Sayo looked at her friend. “OH, I already have a boyfriend Misao.” She exclaimed. “I know… if only Aoshi is here.” She said. “Well, where is he?” Kenshin asked. Misao raised an eyebrow and rolled her eyes. “He's busy training for the basketball tournament next month.” She gushed. “Souzo's training too, am I right Sayo?” Kaoru asked her friend. “Yes… he's been busy training, we hardly got time to see each other these past few days… we just talk on the phone.” She explained. Misao stomped her feet. “Is that okay with you?” Misao asked. Sayo smiled and looked at her friend. “Basketball is his passion and I don't want to stand in his way. I will support him whatever he will do.” She said. “Why are you acting like that? Aoshi's not yet your boyfriend.” Sano said. This made Misao freak out. Aoshi has been the love of her life since elementary. “I was just kidding!” Sano gushed. “I guess everyone is already hungry, can we eat now?” Kenshin asked. Then everyone ordered their food and chatted while eating.
It was already 5:30 in the afternoon when Sano arrived home. When he opened the front door, he heard Souzo and his parents arguing upstairs. He closed the door, and then he saw their maid, Nakamura walking in the lobby. “What's the problem, Nakamura-san?” Sano asked. Nakamura shook her head. “I don't know sir.” She replied. He nodded then went upstairs. He tried not to peer inside his brother's room. He just went to his room and changed his clothes. From his room, he can hear his parents talking to Souzo. That's when he finally decided to go to his brother's room. He entered the room and saw Souzo standing in front of his father while his mother is seating at Souzo's bed. He cleared his throat. “What is the problem here?” he asked, looking at Souzo. Souzo looked at him. “They want me to go to America to study there, but I don't wan to!” he paused then looked at his father. “I don't want to leave my basketball team mates… the tournament will begin in a month… and I don't want to leave Sayo!” he added. Sano was shocked. His brother is going to America… “Your visa and ticket is already arranged.” His father said. “But I-” before he could continue, his father interrupted. “You can't do anything to stop us! You are going to America and that's it! Your flight is on Monday next week.” His father shouted. Then, his parents left the room, leaving Souzo and Sano. Souzo is so mad he threw his books on the floor. “Why are they doing this to me?” Souzo shouted. “How will I tell the coach and Sayo about this?” he added. Sano felt sorry for his brother. “You're leaving on Monday… today is Wednesday.” Sano said. “I know! But I don't want to leave!” Souzo shouted. “How will I tell Sayo that I'm going to leave?” he added. “I think I should leave you now.” Sano said.