SD Gundam Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam: Twilight of the Gods ❯ Prelude: The Dark Axis Returns! ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Somethingis coming…something that could mean the very end of the world as they know it. Only one hope remains, and it hinges on the Gundam Force escaping alive to another dimension. Can they escape before the wrath of the gods? Note: I don't own any series mentioned. All I own is the plot and all original characters.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Prelude
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The heat from the explosions seared the ground, torching it into nothing but strands of grass and dried earth. The pavement was heating up to the point of melting, and already some areas were tar pits, vehicles trapped in the sticky black goop.
 
Around Blanc Base, headquarters for the Super Dimensional Guard, or the SDG for short, Gunperries armed with laser cannons and air-to-air missiles hovered close to the vital points, shielding them from harm. A few fighter planes circled, their radar keeping a wary eye on the enemy far below and to the south of the great city.Around the southern sector, military units were deployed, assigned with evacuating the citizens in preparation for what they knew was an inevitable assault on their home. Several tank battalions were to provide cover for those fleeing to the northern sector for evacuation by ship and aircraft with a few thousand others heading for the western section for evacuation by train. Those in the eastern sector had already jammed up the roads with their cars and a few hundred thousand were still trapped in the city.
 
The enemy may have been far, but they more than made up for it with their new farrange surface-to-air missiles and launchers. Already the city was taking some hits, the southern suburbs especially. At least seven hundred soldiers were reported killed and tenhundredwere wounded with another threehundred missing in action. Two tank divisionswere down and one was disabled, but still fighting on.
 
Chief Haro sighed as he watched the city below. It seemed impossible to believe, but it was true: the Dark Axis had returned and Neotopia was about to fall.
 
He turned to the members of the SDG assembled in the command center.
 
“Everyone, I'm not about to brief you with a locker room pep talk because we only have a few mere days before the city falls. We can't fight and win this one. The Dark Axis is way too powerful for our current forces right now. Our only hope lies in evacuating to the safety of an unknown dimension.”
 
“What about Ark or Lacroa?” a female member asked.
 
“Sorry, Wanda, but the Dark Axis knows we know of those two dimensions and have already conquered them. There is no way we can get there without them knowing we transported there. We need a dimension where they don't have a presence yet. Only then can we begin to plan a counterattack to reclaim Neotopia when it falls.”
 
“What will happen to our families?” a man asked.
 
“John, everyone can't be evacuated by Dimensional Transport Device. It can only take so much strain before it gives out. So therefore only a few select families will be chosen to go. And one of those will be the Marxworth family.”
 
John narrowed his eyes. “So we're supposed to leave our families behind?” he snapped.
 
“No. Granted they will be alive, they will go to a new location here on Neotopia, providing that they aren't discovered when the ships, planes, and trains leave. Let's hope that they aren't discovered.”
 
“Should we gather up our stuff?”
 
“Yes. Gather it all up and board a Gunperry. They'll take you to the DTD at Lab C. We'll provide cover for one another. If one gets away, then that Gunperry has the responsibility of getting this information to the leader or leaders of the new dimension,” Chief Haro explained.
 
“What new dimension are we talking about, Chief?” Captain asked.
 
“Bell Wood…”
 
The slim inventor stepped forward and adjusted his goggles. He drew down a screen that displayed a world with what looked like a space station that had been added on to floating beside it. A single grey moon drifted a good distance away, a dome that resembled a moon colony nestled between two craters and a couple of huge cliffs.
 
“This dimension is where we haven't detected their presence. They may not be that advanced, but they are definitely free from Dark Axis influence. Their technology is based off of a similar concept, but not to the point to where they want pure power. Instead, it's based on human instinct for killing.”
 
“Great! Just great! We leave one dimension and go to another that could be even more deadly than ours!” Guneagle moaned.
 
“Don't worry. They're friendly to anyone who needs help.”
 
“How do you figure that, Bell Wood?” Shute inquired.
 
“A little research into their culture using the transport device. It's not that complicated, but…”
 
“Enough. Bell Wood, how many can it take before it gives?”
 
“The whole fleet and then some.”
 
“Some?”
 
“The Gundamusai.”
 
“That's good! That means we'll still be defended!” a member shouted.
 
“Not quite. The Gundamusai may be defended and armed with lasers, but even it can't take much damage before it finally crashes. We need to flee and flee only. We can't fight. I already told you that.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“The time has come. Everyone board a Gunperry. Gundam Force, take the Gundamusai. You may need it.”
 
“Right!”
 
The four members ran off to the ship docked at one of the docking facilities.
 
Within minutes, the ship was airborne and the whole fleet was speeding away, determined to be evacuated before it was too late.
 
Along the way to Lab C, the Dark Axis opened fire on the fleeing Gunperries, their new surface-to-air missiles exploding against Gunperry after Gunperry. Several went down before a force of twenty Gunperries turned and attacked, providing cover for the remaining fifty.
 
Forty were taken down one after another as they drew closer, passing over the lethal zones of the Dark Axis invasion force.
 
The last ten were to provide cover for the Gundamusai as it passed through the already open gate.
 
“Chief Haro, are you sure that we should go?” Shute questioned, feeling a bit nervous and scared at the same time.
 
“Yes. You four are the last hope we have for the safety of Neotopia. You have to complete the mission. Find a way to stop the Dark Axis once and for all. But most importantly, find a way to save us all!”
 
The Gundamusai flew headlong towards the gate, the powerful engines straining to get there before the Dark Axis decided to attack them.
 
It was right then and there that fate dealt them the final blow.
 
The Komusai, the transport ship for the Dark Axis, spotted them and decided to attack the revamped Dark Axis mother ship. The intelligence for the ship, RAIMI, decided that it was time.
 
“You have to get into the pod. I'll eject it into the portal,” she said.
 
“Okay. Good luck, RAIMI,” Shute murmured.
 
They got into the pod and within seconds, the pod was ejected into the gate…