SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Apples ❯ Apples ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Whitetail: Here's a simple one-shot I just wanted to get out of my mind…and to also relieve some of the stress from updating my other fic(s). I hope you enjoy it ^^
 
“What a lovely day…”, Zero said to himself mindlessly, who was peacefully sprawled out on the soft, Neopian grass and watching the billowy clouds slowly roll by.
 
He rested under an apple tree, which was ripe with bulbous fruit, the only sound he heard was the occasional whistle of the leaves from the gusty breeze huffing through them.
 
With the gentle environment he was captivated in, the weary knight was lulling to the affectionate calls of sleep, failing to notice the increasing unwariness of his surroundings.
 
He ever so slowly swept away with the wind of dreams, unable to fend off the waves of weighty fatigue until-
 
“EEK!”, Zero vocally yelped, his hand already nursing the sore spot on his embellished helmet. He sat up his half-asleep body and surveyed the landscape in hopes to find the retreating culprit.
 
It turned out to be just an apple that laid innocuously by his side.
 
The gundam huffed, annoyed with himself for screaming so girlishly for being thumped by a matured fruit that simply fell of its tree branch due to gravital pull.
 
Picking up the produce begrudgingly, he inspected it. He observed that one side was slightly softer than its opposite, probably caused by the impact from the collision on his head.
 
Scowling, the knight lifted up his hand to throw the offender, but was halted by some sort of animalistic muzzle that gently nudged the back of his hand in curiosity.
 
For the second time that day, he yipped from being scared out of his wits and turned around in an inhumanly impossible speed.
 
It was Entengo, Bakunetsumarus beloved mechanical horse.
 
Zero face faulted, a sweat drop looming over him.
 
“Entengo..don't scare me like that..”, Zero scalded amiably, but was secretly glad it was only the horse that heard his scared yells. He lifted up a hand to pet his friends stiff head adornaments, who in turn nudged the knights torso with endearing affection, earning a genuine smile from Zero.
 
Feeling and memorizing the unique Ark styled armor, the sorcerer let out a hefty sigh and began to stroke the muscular neck. It had been long since he touched a Lacroian horse, who were pretty similar by comparison to Entengo, sans the homeland armor. However, they were a rare treat and were only rewarded to the most prestigious of noble kings. They were more like status symbols than transporters.
 
Neighing contently, Entengo repeated his nudging on Zeros opposite hand, which still clutched onto the apple. Getting what the horse wanted, Zero released his grip and held it out to the metal animal, who gleefully took it with his mouth.
 
Entengo backed up a drop to allow room for him to kneel down onto bent legs and settle himself down into a restful position. Looking up at Zero, he kindly gestured the Lacroian the offer of laying down on him, like a pillow.
 
Somewhat meekly, Zero complied with a drowsy nod and sat down by the horses' belly and laid back, so that his back was entirely leaning on Entengos side. He may not have spent many personal moments with the horse, but he knew Entengo was trustworthy.
 
After allowing the mechanical mammal to adjust to the extra weight, he laid down his full weight down on the supportive abdomen, pleasantly resting on his friend. Entengo was still chewing his apple peacefully while Zero started to doze off lazily due to the tranquil surroundings.
 
He turned himself to the side and curled up, nuzzling the comfy horse, as if thanking him. Finished with his delectable apple, Entengo responded with a drained neigh and flicked his tail.
 
Zero lifted up a sleep-heavy arm and busied himself with drawing scribbly circles on his tummy canvas, which calmed the horse as he layed his tired head to the grass, slowly closing off the world from his mind.
 
“What a lovely day..”, Zero mumbled to himself softly, before slipping into the sweet nectar of slumber. Entengo couldn't agree more.