SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Axis Begins ❯ Axis Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

(Film starts, with the traditional countdown. The scene fades into a view of the sky at night. The picture is somewhat faded, like an old-fashioned movie.)
 
Narrator: Stories tell of a time when man once dreamed of living in the sky, looking down at the Earth like gods.
 
(Shift into a view of a city, with a familiar- looking double-pronged tower- though the towers looks like it is still under construction.)
 
Narrator: Then one day, this dream came to pass, in the very first city of the new age.
 
(Cut to a sign that is still under construction. It says in big letters WELCOME TO _TOPIA. A large N is being lifted into position by a crane. Cut to a shot of a large crowd where a celebration of some sort is being held. In the foreground, there is a large tube-like structure, sticking out like a sore thumb.)
 
Narrator: The very first colony in space was to be launched, and hundreds had joined.
 
(Cut to a scene of a line of people being crowded into a large metal entrance- these must be the people wanting to go up with the colony, and the entryway into it.)
 
Narrator: Among these were a brilliant scientist, and his assistant, who were to be put in charge of the colony's functions.
 
(Cut to somewhere in the crowd; A scientist of average height- as evidenced by his spiffy white lab coat- is talking to a man in a Chinese coat, the kind with long sleeves. The scientist has well-groomed, whitish hair, and a neatly trimmed mustache and goatee. The Chinese man has his hair tied into a ponytail, a bushy mustache, and glasses. The glasses, for some reason, don't show his eyes- the lens' are covered with caps that are each marked with a yin yang. The two men are clearly good friends- or associates, as they shake hands and bow to each other. Pan to a shot of a young man in a uniform- like the kind the mayor's aide's wear. Standing across from him is a couple. The man is wearing a sleeveless shirt with the Japanese character for `fire' on the front. The woman standing next to him is wearing a pregnancy dress, and it looks like the baby could come any day, judging from the size of her mid-section. A robotic hand places itself on her stomach. The view widens to reveal the robot connected to it. It's not a GM, but it has a monoscopic eye and a nose-like nozzle where its mouth should be.)
 
Narrator: When the colony launched, it seemed to signify the beginning of a paradise among the stars…
 
(Cut to that shot with the colony in the foreground. The screen shakes, and the colony lifts into the air, followed by a massive trail of rocket exhaust. Cut to a shot of the colony leaving the Earth's atmosphere from space.)
 
Narrator: …As well as the end of their lives on Earth.
 
(Zoom-in onto one of the Colony's booster rockets. Zoom in so much that we see the inside of the machinery. Among the various odd-colored wires, one wire- from port `G'- has not been connected to port `Z'. Zoom out to normal view, where we see that rocket begin to backfire, sending out fire and explosions all over the place. The Colony starts to tilt and spin through space, eventually flying from the solar system. Cut to another shot of the Colony in space, no longer spinning out of control.)
 
Narrator: Unable to do anything else, the Colony-dwellers were forced to accept a life in space…without the luxury of leaving to Earth.
 
(Cut to inside various areas in the colony. In a cafeteria, various people in similar-looking uniforms are eating from lunch trays, engaging in casual conversation. In another shot, we see what might be two engineers fiddling with some wiring. Engineer 1 pulls out a wire, and the lights go out. Seconds later, the lights go back on, with #1 being given a slap upside the head from Engineer 2. In another area, a young man and lady are looking out at the stars. Their eyes meet. Cut to a side-along close up, as they both lean in for a kiss… then another one-eyed robot pops up, ruining the moment.)
 
Narrator: Though while the average being adapted and coped with this change, the head scientist toiled endlessly for a way…a way to return home.
 
(Cut to a shot of the scientist from the early scene, leaning back in a recliner, working with a sketchpad. Zoom in onto the sketchpad. Among various equations, there is a doodle of a circle with what looks like horns and teeth.)
 
Narrator: But while he was busy, his assistant was busy as well…busy unlocking the mysteries of the universe…
 
(Cut to a shadowy shot of the assistant, looking a little older, studying a computer screen. Cut to a close-up of the assistant, the computer text being reflected in his eyes. Cut to a shot of a corridor. A brown-skinned girl(we can't see her face) is being dragged through a pair of door by two robots like the one seen earlier…kicking and screaming.)
 
Narrator: …Even at his fellows' expense.
 
(Cut to a downwards shot of lab table; The girl is being strapped in with metal clamps. A close-up reveals that in the direct middle of her forehead, is something that looks like a jewel…or a mutant eye.)
 
Narrator: And such went on…for a long time, indeed.
 
(Fade-in to a high-tech, `normal' clock(With the face and hands), with the hands moving around at a faster-than-usual face.)
 
Narrator: Days became months… Months became years…boredom became misery… misery became anger…
 
(As the Narrator says this, we see a montage of shots. One shot is a technician working on something, looking mighty dour about something. In the cafeteria, deck, and work areas, all the people with similar expressions. Cut to what looks like a prison cell, with the mutant girl hunched over in a fetal form. A close-up of her face shows her eyes filled with fury…all three of them.)
 
Narrator: …Until it could be contained no more.
 
(Fade to a shot of a Soul Drive, with black purple fire getting bigger and bigger as it absorbs more negative emotions. Fade to shot of Zeong(Normal head), with all three eyes zipping about his `face'. Cut to another room. The scientist and his assistant appear to be arguing about something. Suddenly, the room shakes and we cut to a shot of the door being blown open. The scientist and assistant watch on in bewildered horror as a dozen Zako Soldiers charge into the room, each one brandishing a battle ax. Zapper Zaku marches in.)
 
Narrator: Our time had come-
 
(Cut to a shot of the assistant behind a air-tight door. He is pressing his face and hands against the window of the door. Zoom-out to reveal that he is in some kind of pod flying through space.)
 
Narrator: To take our place, as the rulers of the Dark Axis!!!
 
(Fade to a shot of the colony…which now looks like the Dark Axis base. Fade-in to the General's chamber, showing Gerbera and Sazabi on floating plateforms, with Zeong in the foreground. Their eyes glow ominously. Film ends.)
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Professor Gerbera shut of the projector and glanced at the roomful of Doga Bombers.
“There,” The Dark Axis Science Officer said, “Your training is complete. Please Report to the hanger bay for your assignment.”
As the Dogas scuttled out, Gerbera looked to out another door.
“Next!”
 
Credits-
 
SD Gundam Force is owned by Bandai and Sunset.
 
(Special notes: If you've read my fic, SD Gundam Force Adventure, you may recognize some of the unnamed characters! And a few others, too….)