SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Bakunetsumaru and Entengo ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Before the war, before the Gundam Force, before the Dark Axis, before Kibaomaru's reign, before ruthless out breaks of terror, before the Blazing Samurai title, Bakunetsumaru and Kujakumaru fought and trained together. They were rivals but friends, unrelated but practically brothers. In fact, there villages were not far from one another. Every day, or at least we they could sneak away from their masters, the duo met up and played and trained together. Back then…back during peace….
 
It was during that time a heard of war horses were being bred with some feral nature remaining. The breeders plan was to create a war horse that was strong but could also fight in the heat of battle along side his master. Unfortunately, they succeeded; their perfect horse is as wild as any feral but refused to obey. A small confliction a greedy breeder overlooked. As a foal, the wild steed broke free of his stable and fences to gallop freely across the Arkain landscape.
 
Stories and myths quickly spread of this wild steed power house. Kujaku, after hearing it, nudged Baku, “Sounds like my kind of horse.”
 
“If we could tame it we would be unstoppable!” The teens shared a joyous laugh as they began to plot. The mushas were in the prime of their youth, and what better way to make yourself known then by capturing the Fire Steed.
 
Day grew into Twilight, Bakunetsumaru hummed to himself while walking down a well beaten path. “Kujakumaru's defiantly gotten better; I might have to train harder.”
 
Rustle rustle
 
“Nani?” Baku's hand flew to his swords' hilt, brow eyes glued to the wheat and oat fields, “…probably a rat or an owl.” The musha breathed off the startle and continued walking.
 
Rustle shuffle
 
“Who's there!” This time the teen drew his swords, “Speak! Are you friend or foe!”
 
“NEIGH!!!” A horse's silhouette rose to it's hind legs while the fore legs kicked the air.
 
“A wild stallion in the wheat fields?” Baku thought aloud, “I'll have to scare him out before he eats the crop.” With that, the trainee samurai raced into the fields clacking his sheathes together in an attempt to frighten the beast.
 
“NEIGH!!” The horse did not leave but instead charged Bakunetsumaru, hooves heavy stomping the worked fields
 
“Just as expected,” Baku thought, “I'll keep running and he'll get the hint to leave.”
 
The mecha mortals continued to charge at each other, the gap quickly closing Bakunetsumaru began howling like a wolf while clacking his sheathes the increase his bluff. The stallion was buying it and stayed on the attack. When then….
 
“AHHH!!!”
 
“NEIGH!!!!!!!!”
 
“ITAI!”
 
In one swift movement, the steed rammed it's heavy head against the samurai and lifted him into the air before using his hid legs to kick the samurai into the village. The horse ran off, Baku slammed into a thatched roof then rolled off landing on the hard pack earth.
 
“Nani!”
 
“Who are what the hell!?”
 
“Bakunetsumaru!”
 
Several nobusshis and mushas crowded around the injured samurai, “Are you okay? What happened!”
 
Bakunetsu's battered body shuddered in pain, the kick's force dislocated both shoulders, “I'm broken but alive…. A wild stallion was in the fields, I tried to scare him off but it attacked!”
 
“A wild stallion attacking?” a nobusshi asked
 
“It might have been that Fire Horse.” a musha concluded.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Reports of the Fire Horse attack on Bakunetsumaru spread quickly, the breeder knew cemented that it was the fowl that had escaped for the wild one year ago.
 
“That stallion nailed you good,” Kujakumaru commented when he saw his friends bandaged arms, “You're the only one to have been attacked and lived you know.”
 
“Yes,” Bakunetsumaru replied, “The medic said I won't be able to hold a sword for another week.”
 
“Your arms will grow weak.”
 
“I'll just train harder then.”
 
One thing baffled all of Ark though; everyone else who came in contact or even laid eyes on the fire Horse has never lived to tell the tale except for Bakunetsumaru. Everyone wondered why. Because it was night? No, he attacked even then. Because the musha was young? Ha! The horse did not care about age, he attacked all you dare cross him. Even horse's predators feared him.
 
After Bakunetsu's wounds healed and his arm strength returned, him and his best friends went looking for the Legendary Fire Horse.
 
Kujaku spoke, “Are you sure this is a good idea Bakunetsu? You've heard the stories. I think luck was on your side.”

A scoff was his reply, “You are scared! Besides, he spared my life, I'm the only on who knows what he looks like.”

“Will you clack your sheathes again and draw him into attack? And do you even remember what he looked like?”
 
Baku released a sarcastic laugh, “Very funny. And I do! …somewhat….”
 
Kujakumaru face faulted, “Baka.”
 
“It's was night fall!” The other protested.
 
“Excuses, excuses.”
 
“Maybe I'll just let the horse eat you.”
“You wouldn't dare. And horses eat oats not mushas.”
 
“I've heard it does eat other creatures.”
 
“Bull!”
 
“I'm serious!”
 
“So your saying this stallion would eat say… that?” Kujakumaru pointed at a red and white horse peacefully grazing on some mushrooms.
 
“Yep,” Baku replied, “Stomp him to death then eat.”
 
“I would have to see that to believe it.”
 
The grazing horse's ears perked, now weary of the new comers in his terrain. After finishing the remaining shrooms, his gaze shifted to the bickering duo. A snort exited his nostrils, “NEIGH!!!”
 
Baku went wide eyed and looked at the now raised stallion, “SHIMMATTA!!!! THAT'S THE FIRE HORSE!!”
 
Kujakumaru shouts, “WHAT!!!!!”
 
“NEIGH!!” The Fire Horse charged at them.
 
“RUN FOR YOU LIFE!”
 
Bakunetsumaru and Kujakumaru ran as fast as their legs could carry them, screaming at the top of their lungs, “WE ARE GOING TO DIE!!”
 
A loud whinny signaled that the stallion was quickly closing in, heavy hoof stamps leaving deep indentions in the earth, the teenagers running faster then thought possible
 
“Split up!” Baku darted right, Kujaku left, and the stallion chased Kujakumaru.
 
“AHH!!! Bakunetsumaru! HELP ME!”
 
“Kujakumaru!” Baku chased after the stallion, “Hang on! I'll save you! Somehow….”
 
“NEIGH!!”
 
“Dun eat me!” Kujaku launched himself onto the tops of a bamboo stalk, “Shoo! Go away! Bad horse!”
 
The Fire Horse reared up and slammed it's front hooves into the bamboo trying to knock down it's prey. Kujakumaru held fast fearing for is life, if his stalk snapped, he was going to be a musha pancake.
 
“Leave my friend alone!” Bakunetsumaru, out of foolish bravery, jumped onto and saddled the wild steed.
 
It gave a confused whinny and started bucking and jumping. In response, Baku wrapped his arms around the horse's strong neck, “Hurry! Run!”
 
“You'll be killed!” Kujakumaru protested.
 
“Then I die defending my friend! GO!”
 
“No! I won't have your blood on my h-ANDS!” Kujaku rolled to the right, avoiding the enraged stallion.
 
Bakunetsu shouted back, “It's better that one of us live then for both to die!”
 
Sh-wing!
 
The Fire Stallion gave a pained whinny, tossed the samurai in training, and ran off, an arrow in its thigh.
 
“Are you two okay?” It was a nobusshi archer who had saved them.
 
“Yes,” The duo replied.
 
The archer looked at the swirling dust on the path, “That horse won't be standing for much longer with an injured leg. That was some feat that you got on his back.”
 
Baku smiled and laughed, “Thank you.”
 
“You saved life,” Kujakumaru spoke, “Thank you Bakunetsumaru.”
 
“You would do the same for me.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Another round of telling how he survived the Fire Horse's attack again, Bakunetsumaru was exhausted but beaming with pride for himself. In fact, the musha was so caught up in himself, he didn't hear the hoof steps until an unknown steed nudged his back. Baku filched, then felt the horse's warm breath, “Out for a midnight snack?” He lifted the barley sack and turned around expecting to see the Lord's horse. Instead, the Fire Horse was facing him, holding his front right leg off the ground, the arrow still lodged in his muscles.
 
A terrified yell became lodged in the musha's throat as he shivered, the beast had returned to finish the deed. The wild stallion exhaled into Baku's face, then stuck his jaw into the bag feasting on the grain.
 
“H-huh?” Bakunetsumaru looked at the horse's head, powerful jaw muscles flexing under his mechanical skin, “Your….just hungry…huh….” A look to the left, then right, then behind the horse, “Good boy…the musha lowered the bag to the ground, the stallion following its meal, “Good boy…” One hand tentively stretched out and rub the horse's muscular neck, “Good boy…good horse…good Entengo.” Baku slowly moved down the horse's neck, constantly petting and speaking, “Good boy Entengo…nice Entengo”
 
Entengo looked at the musha for a second, but for now was more interested in the barley.
 
“Alright let's look at the arrow….” Baku gingerly placed a hand around the wound, the other still stroking Entengo's neck, “Shh, good boy…nice Entengo…good boy…good stallion.” He grasped the arrow's shaft, Entengo winced and nickered angrily. “Just a second,” He patted the horse's neck and stroked an ear, “Sorry Entengo.” With one swift movement, the arrow was free, and Baku was shoved to the ground.
 
Entengo stamped the ground with his left front hoof and pushed his head into Baku's torso as if asking `what was that for.'
 
“I got the arrow out. Sorry if I hurt you Entengo.” The musha gave an apologetic neck petting and rubbed Entengo's jaw bone and nose, “You feeling better?”
 
Entengo nickered and limped back to the barley.
 
Baku discarded the arrow, “Good boy.” With that, the musha walked back to his hut, “Entengo will probably be gone after he finishes his snack.”
 
A whinny came from behind the samurai.
 
“Huh? Entengo?”
 
Entengo nudged Bakunetsumaru further into the hut before making his own way in, and then lay down near a sleeping mat.
 
“You…want to sleep here?” Baku shrugged, “Sure.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“AHHHH!!!”
 
“IT'S THE FIRE HORSE!”
 
“HE ATE BAKUNETSUMARU!”
 
The village went into panic after a femme saw Entengo walked out of Bakunetsumaru's small hut and to a water trough.
 
“VILE FIEND MUST DIE!”
 
Entengo faced his attacker and whinnied loudly, rising to his hide legs, wound freshly healed.
 
“Be careful! He's a killer!”
 
“Huh?” Baku awoke from his slumber thanks to the racquet, “What the hell?... ENTENGO!”
 
Baku rushed from the hut, “WAIT! Don't hurt him! He's friendly!”
 
“You're alive!”
 
Entengo's ears flicked and he neighed loudly before charging through the crowd and into the fields.
 
“No! Bad Entengo!” Bakunetsumaru chased him, “OUT! Out of the fields!”
 
Entengo ignored his master and charged through the fields and into the bamboo.
 
“Entengo!” Baku tempted fate and saddled the horse, “Whoa!”
 
Ignoring the command, his steed raced forward, causing Baku to hold tight. Entengo neighs loudly as he approached a small group sitting next to a fire.
 
“Alright so everyone knows the plan?” The leader musha spoke.
 
“Burn the town, take the loot,” a nobusshi replied
 
“What?” Baku spoke quietly, “Burn the village. I will not allow it.” Entengo nickered in agreement.
 
“What was that?”
 
“Stop being paranoid will ya.”
 
“Sorry just nervous.”
 
Bakunetsumaru drew his swords, “Stop villains!”
 
“Neigh!”
 
 
“WHAT THE HELL!”
 
“It's the Fire Horse!”
 
“SHIMATTA!”
 
The would be arsons dashed off, Entengo hot on there heels, Baku holding his swords high, “Come back cowards! I won't let you burn my village!”
 
“Keep running men!”
 
“That musha tamed the Fire Horse! We! Are! Screwed!”
 
Entengo quickly caught up to the rouges and tossed his head against those in front as Baku sliced at the mechas on the sides. Only a minute passed, it felt closer to five, the rouges had been mowed down.
 
“Ha-ha! Good boy Entengo” Bakunetsu stroked the horse's neck as he trotted back home, “We make quite a team huh?” Entengo gave a short nicker and snorted. Baku scoffed, “You just want some food huh?” His steed neighed then took off in a fast gallop towards the village, “Whoa! Hey Whoa!” Bakunetsumaru slipped off his mount, “Ow!”
 
Entengo stopped and looked at his new master and sweatdropped.
 
Baku groaned and sat up, “I need to get a saddle.”