SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ CELEBRATE!!! ❯ Learn to Crawl ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The stars were quiet as an unsettled breeze squirmed past the summer heat of Neotopia, gently grazing trees like a swan, splashing and struggling to stay afloat from impact of the water's surface, before balancing and returning to it's perfect beauty.
Perfect beauty. Yeah, the swan in all of it's sloppy and struggling glory to stay drifting between air and sea. It's loud call, ringing through the mountain tops and waking sleeping animals to aware them of it's presence. The obnoxious, clumsy swan still able to beat it's wings fluidly and return to perfect beauty. Perfect grace through clumsiness. Perfect quietude through the echoing honk. So oxymoronic, so utterly beautiful.
Zero laid on the soft grass, interlacing his fingers with the soft blades as his mind raced on in the morbid heat. A heavy sigh parted his lips as he drew a hand up to his face and tried to wipe away the clinging humidity. Failing, he let it flop down at his side in an abandoning fashion.
So yes, the stars were quiet and the wind was trying to cool Neotopia. It was an elegant evening in the park as if a swan came and embodied the night, even the murderers and creatures of dark taking stuttered, swift movements before poising in a poetic motion of--- no, stop thinking about swans already!
With an frustrated growl, he sat up hugged his knees to stare at the still lake before him, the tiny flakes in the sky laid out on the inverted surface. Zero's weighed head rested idly on his kneecaps and his eyelids drooped either from the thoughts or the heat or even his inability to sleep for the last two nights. He was tired, but it was just another night of restless thoughts.
Just one more night. I can't do it yet, your wings are out of my reach. Please let me stroke them and feel each bristle against my fingertips...
Another breeze passed by from his backside, cooling the base of his neck and forcing a shiver down his spine.
I just want to reach out and stroke your beautiful white wings, swan. To touch and feel, really feel that powerful essence, those graceful and majestic long wings. To feel that never ending worry of whether you will land deep in the water where you cannot swim. Please, my swan, I never want you to drown, I never want you to fret when you descend your feet down to that glassy cold water. I want you to fly forever, my precious swan, to sit on that water forever swan, only let me watch and admire your contrasting beauty, strength and need.
Closing his eyes completely and laying back down, he allowed a tiny yawn to partake before he snuggled up on the grass.
Be fluid my precious swan, I want to be, please let me be, the only one who shares your flaws.

You can laugh, you can feel fine, you can dance with a little twist
Tell your pretty red-haired babe, you forget that I exist
Can you see yourself in my bed at night, would leave me at the side of the road?
Would ya' walk right up to me, would ya' talk to me
I'm already askin', I'm down on my knees
I'm already beggin', beggin' ya' please

Can you teach me how to fly? (come on)
Can't you see I'm scared to die? (come on)
And I've only just begun to learn to crawl
Could you teach me how to fight? (come on)
Would you keep me up all night (come on)
And be there on the ground if I should fall
Fall for you

I can feel it like a spider's sting, like a memory in my mouth
I feel like the morning fell, like the bottoms falling out
I can see what's up there above it all and down in the valley below
I can walk right up to you, I can talk to you
I'm already askin', I'm down on my knees
I'm already beggin', beggin' you please

Can you teach me how to fly? (come on)
Can't you see I'm scared to die? (come on)
And I've only just begun to learn to crawl
Could you teach me how to fight? (come on)
Would you keep me up all night (come on)
And be there on the ground if I should fall
Fall to you
Crawl to you

Nana na na na na na
Nana na na na na na
Nana na na na na na
Nana na na na na na
Nana na na na na na
Nana na na na na na (yeah)
Nana na na na na na

Can you teach me how to fly? (come on)
Can't you see I'm scared to die? (come on)
And I've only just begun to learn to crawl
Could you teach me how to fight? (come on)
Would you keep me up all night (come on)
And be there on the ground if I should fall
Fall to you

Nana na na na na na
Nana na na na na na (fall for you)
Nana na na na na na
Nana na na na na na (fall for you)



"Zero..."

Please don't leave me, my swan... I need your unsettling grace...

"Zeeerroooo..."

I love you, my swan.

"Zero!" Zero's eyes bolted open in recognition before settling back, less disturbed than at his awakening. The shadow shifted above him before the presence of the person, the aura, was filled with cheer. It was a quiet joy and the image of the person smiling flashed through his head. He quickly remembered the hot nights, the terrible waiting and brooding over that precious snow white creature strung through his heart. It turned and head tilted up to the sky, the shadow slowly lifting off the ground. "Come on, Zero!" As the person shot off into the sky like a free bird, he grinned dreamily as a drifting sparkle caught his eye.

Would you keep me up all night
And be there on the ground if I should fall
Fall for you

Floating and spiraling downward all in the same motion, the beautiful pearl white feather shone with magic as it gently landed in his hand. He thumbed it briefly before clutching it tightly against himself and looking back up into the bright clear sky.

Be my precious swan, Fluer, and never falter when lost in the dark skies.










~*~*~*~*~*

Errm... well, that was entirely random. Interpret it how you want, I don't care, slight one-shot Zero/Fluer pairing and comparing Fluer to a swan. Fluer belongs to FFD not me, and I'm sorry if I in anyway offended you FFD. x__x Really, like I told Lor once, I need others to have some update for me to get my act together and I was hoping by breaking out of the hiatus with this chapter I can get on the ball. Sorry for now updating in so long, I still love you all!! (also, sorry if it makes no sense, I did everything as I went along. All I knew was it was a one-shot of Zero/Fluer and the song ^^; which I also dun own. Gooo tooo myyy xaanggaaa, I'll put up a link to the song soon ;p)
Converting /tmp/phpk54gLr to /dev/stdout