SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Chp1:A Not So Typical Day ❯ Bound Soul ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yay, I shot down my writers block! Ever since I finished that last chapter I've been getting loads of ideas and stuff. ^_^ This chapter won't be as exciting as the last one (sorry guys) ^^; but it will really show Chaos's personality and it will show some `hidden' feelings between her and the other gundams *coughs*.
 
But any-who…yeah…I don't really know what else to say right now.
 
Grappler: You're ridiculous. I mean, you talk all the time and now you can't even talk to your viewers?
 
Me: No not at the moment. I can't stop thinking about the outside world…
 
Grappler: Huh? O__o?
 
Me: The cold, snowy, ucky weather here is turning…nice. The birds are out and chirpin' and the depressing Michigan winter air is finally turning nice. ^_^
 
Grappler: *scratches head* Some humans are just too weird. T_T0
 
But yeah, this chapter is more of a touching, feel-good sort of thing. That's a nice change don't ya think? I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! ^_~
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
A New Allie? Or Future Villain?
Chp.7: Bound Soul
 
Grappler placed the welder on the floor and removed the flat, steel heat mask from his face. He set it on the floor next to the welder.
 
The lab was messy with two years accumulation of crumbled papers, spilled liquids, and scraps of gundamium all over the floor and counters. It was dark and had a sense of gloom and depression in the air. It was the perfect type of atmosphere for the new being to awaken to. The perfect place for the new addition of the Dark Axis forces to be raised in. Everything was perfect.
 
Grappler walked up to the Frankenstein-like steel table and looked over his creation. He slowly scanned their body head-to-toe to make sure that the armor was aligned straightly.
 
A Zako soldier stood by the door opening with his posture as perfect as can be, awaiting his leader's orders.
 
“Soldier,” Grappler addressed the Zako without even turning around, “Bring me the soul drive.”
 
The Zako slightly bowed, “Yes Lord Grappler Gouf zako.”
 
Grappler rolled his eye, “Do they always have to address me in the most polite way possible?”
 
The Zako shuffled though a mountain of papers that very well may have been bigger than him. He was looking for the very important black box that MadNug had delivered two years ago. But in the process of playing `hid and seek' with the object, the soldier accidentally knocked over a thick folder of important notes onto the floor. The A.I. model type, the circuit lay-out, armor type, and much more had found its way to the floor.
 
The Zako hurriedly bent down to pick up the loose papers that were now all jumbled up and such.
 
“Leave them.”
 
The Zako looked up. Grappler was now fully turned around with his arms crossed and his foot tapping the floor. His patience was growing thin.
 
The Zako shot up and snatched the exposed black box off the desk. He ran to Grappler and finally held it out to him.
 
Grappler tossed his head, “Finally,” he grumbled as he swiped the box, “Sometimes you guys make me wonder how you live as long as you do.”
 
Grappler turned around to face his creation again, “Don't know zako. Just-”
 
“Shut up. I want to savor this moment.”
 
The soldier tilted his head, “Sir?”
 
Grappler carefully removed the black tinted soul drive from the box and held it into the light, examining it.
 
“I'm about to make history you dolt. The last time the Dark Axis attempted to make a gundam was about fifty years ago, and that thing died within an hour of activation,” Grappler carefully set the soul drive into the gundam's open chest, “And I plane of having this one's life span to exceed well over and hour.”
 
All of a sudden, the gundam's chest closed on its own. Startled, Grappler jumped backwards and stood next to the Zako. The gundam's eyes `turned on' and they sat up. The Zako began to tremble at the sight of his menacing, new leader. The gundam immediately looked to the two mechas standing in the door way and cocked its head, it was if they were saying `who are you and where am I?'
 
Grappler slowly walked forward towards the gundam, “Gundam, can you hear me? Do you understand me?”
 
The gundam swung their legs over the side of the table and looked at him directly in the eye.
 
“Y-yes.” She whispered hoarsely.
 
Grappler then racked up enough courage to walk right up to her, “Can you move?”
 
The female gundam peered down at her legs, “I think so.”
 
The gundam jumped down from the table, but collapsed under her own weight right away. Thankfully, Grappler caught her by the armpits before her knees hit the ground. He easily hoisted her up and slowly let go of her, just to make sure that she was stable enough to stand on her own. He was a little surprised at how short she was, he was about an inch taller than her.
 
The gundam looked up at Grappler, her violet eyes full of curiosity, “W-what's your name?”
 
Grappler seemed to smile a little bit, “My name is Lord Grappler Gouf,” he suddenly pointed to her, “And yours is Lady Chaos Cammerce.”
 
“Chaos Cammerce,” the female repeated, “That is my name.”
 
Grappler cocked his head and gave her a concerned look. He outstretched his right arm and put his index finger and thumb on her chin. Chaos flinched a little, but out of surprise not fear. He tilted her head up and looked into her eyes.
 
Grappler `squinted' and examined her eyes a little more closely, “What's wrong with you?”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
Chaos lay in her bed and stared at the boring ceiling. It's been two days since Zapper's kidnap attempt and she's already had countless speeches by Chief Haro and far too many `are you o.k.'s from the S.D.G. crew.
 
Because of the run-in with Zapper, Chaos wasn't allowed to leave the base. Even though she was allowed to leave her room, she didn't. She had felt too embarrassed and flustered to even consider leaving the safety of her room.
 
Zero would pop in during the morning hours to give her breakfast, but he really wouldn't talk. He could sense her current anger and hate towards the world. Shute would visit during the afternoon and try to cheer her up, but he would never get a response from the depressed female.
 
Captain and Bakunetsumaru hadn't seen Chaos since the day they brought her back to the base. Captain was too mad to talk to her and Baku found no reason so to visit her, considering all they ever do is argue anyways.
 
The door knob began to turn. Chaos immediately sat up and stared at the opening door, but she shuttered. Captain was walking into the room. He walked over to the bed and stood in front of her, arms crossed. Chaos looked down at the floor to avoid meeting him eye-to-eye.
 
“What were you thinking?” Captain hissed.
 
Chaos clutched the bed, “I-but-Fenn…Fenn was in trouble.”
 
Captain raised his voice, “You disobeyed my direct order.”
 
“B-but Captain you don't understand.” Chaos stuttered as she cautiously looked up at Captain.
 
“You're right, I don't understand!” Captain yelled, flaring off his very, very, rare temper.
 
Captain's yelling caught the attention of Bakunetsumaru as he walked by the room. The samurai stopped and backed up to the door. He placed his sensors against the wall as he attempted to peer inside the room through a crack in the door.
 
Captain began to pace around the room while clutching his helmet tightly with his hands, “Don't you understand to the extent of what had happened?! We were so close to loosing you, you were lucky that Entengo found you!”
 
“Captain, I'm sorry. I didn't know.” Chaos whimpered.
 
Captain stopped and snapped a gaze towards her. He seemed to stare at her for an eternity before turning around and storming out of the room, the door slamming behind him.
 
He nearly ran into Baku, who was still standing by the door. Baku was taken back by how Captain yelled at Chaos. Never has Captain seemed so…cruel.
 
Baku reached out to his friends shoulder, “Captain, are you alright?”
 
Captain snapped his shoulder back, showing that he didn't want to be touched. Baku had gotten his answer. The military gundam stomped towards the lounge door and entered. Every one in there was going to be in for a big surprise.
 
Baku shook his head as he began to walk away to his original destination, the kitchen. But something stopped him. Baku began to choke at the thought of Chaos sitting alone in her room, weeping. Baku unwillingly turned back and stood at the door.
 
“Alright, you can do this,” Baku huffed as he placed a hand on the door knob, “You are Bakunetsumaru the Blazing Samurai of Ark. You can handle a mere girl…right?”
 
Baku cracked the door open and peered in. Chaos was sitting on her bed with her back against head board. She seemed to be staring off into space. Baku entered the room, leaving the door open behind him.
 
“Come to yell at me too?” Chaos grumbled as she continued to look into her own little world.
 
“No, I just want to talk,” Baku nervously scratched the back of his head, “May I sit down?”
 
Chaos sat up and hung her legs over the bed, “I don't care.”
 
Baku cautiously walked over and sat down next to her on the bed, “You hate him now don't you?”
 
Chaos gave Baku a curious look, “Hate who?”
 
“Hate Captain, I wouldn't be happy with him if he yelled at me like that.” Baku sighed.
 
“God, I hate this!” Chaos clutched her helmet, “I left the Dark Axis to get more freedom, but if anything I'm more restricted here!”
 
“Chaos, we're only doing this because we care,” Baku crossed his arms, “I wish that my family cared about me this much.”
 
Chaos was taken back by the comment, “What do you mean?”
 
Baku dropped his head, “My family was…a little `broken up'. My father isn't even worth mentioning about. He left the family when I was just a boy. When he left, my mother fell into a depression and neglected to take care of my siblings and me. I'm just glad that I wasn't an only child.”
 
Chaos scooted a little closer to him, “Really, you have siblings?”
 
“Yeah, I had a younger sister named Yanni and an older brother named Taikenmaru.”
 
Chaos's gut wrenched, “What do you mean had?”
 
“When we were all still young, my mother left us at the temple. It really didn't matter anyways, she didn't care about us. That's when a highly honored samurai named Shikenmaru found us and took us in. He then later became me and my brother's master. We lived happily for a couple years, that was until the civil war broke out when I was a teenager. It split up families, including mine. Taikenmaru took to the enemies side and tried to get Yanni to join him, but she refused. Well, one day Taikenmaru stormed the temple with some of his comrades, beat me to the ground, and took Yanni with them.”
 
Chaos felt a sting of pity for the rough edged samurai. She once called him an enemy, but now she saw everything on his level. She could no longer call him an enemy, but a friend.
 
Baku coughed a little, trying to get the painful memories of his family out of his head, “I don't want that to happen to you.”
 
Chaos's gaze met Baku's eyes. He looked kinder and…softer.
 
“You remind me so much of Yanni sometimes. Ah, my little sister had such a fiery spirit and yet she was so shy.” Baku continued as his spirit began to rise.
 
Chaos `smiled', “It sounds nice to have a family,” she scratched her head, “I wish I had one.”
 
“You do have one.”
 
That caught Chaos's attention immediately and she looked to Baku again.
 
He laid a hand on her shoulder, “You're a member of the Gundam Force, and we're all family.” ^_^
 
Chaos's eyes welled up, what words could explain her feelings? None, only actions. She lunged forwards and wrapped her arms around Baku's neck; this was the first time that she had ever given anyone a hug.
 
Baku, a little surprised, wrapped his arms around her back and hugged her as well. But as they continued to embrace each others hug, Baku couldn't help but to be reminded of his sister that he had left behind in Ark.
 
`Yanni…'
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
This was a short chapter, I know. But it was better by itself so oh well. Please don't slaughter me because of the names that I chose for the Baku's relatives. It was my first time making up names like that so don't kill me! Originally, I was going to name Yanni Hashiko, but then I realized that it was deathly similar to Hoshiko from `Gundam Beauty Pageant' so I had to change it around last minute. ^_^0
 
Please leave you reviews after reading this and also leave me any suggestions or ideas that you may have because they are always such a BIG help!
 
T,T,F,N, ta, ta, for now!