SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Kibou Hoshi ❯ Déjà Vu ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Author's Note:

Guilly-GuiledDargon: *waves* Hey everyone! Long time no see!

Typhen: What the heck are you talking about? You never finish your stories on here, that's why they never see you!

Guilly-GuiledDragon: *glares* I'm a starving artist and writter okay!? I have homework!

Typhen: ... It's summer Erisu....

Guilly-GuiledDragon: .... I HAVE SUMMER READING! *smacks self* *starts shaking Typhen* Oh! If ONLY people would inspire me! Then I could finish my stories!

Typhen: *chokes* Maybe if you got off your butt and actually typed them on the computer and finished them...

Guilly-GuiledDragon: Never mind! *lets him go* I shall finish this one! *clears throat* Thank you all for bearing with me and have stared at my empty fics. This is my first SD none co-author story. Please bear with me!! *points to TDAT-CrystalDragon* if you like the story 'Like Wow' that she and me are writting, please give this a chance!! Thank you! ^.-.^

Typhen: .... You sure are charming when you want reviews...

Guilly-GuiledDragon: BE QUIET! *strangles him once more*

**Edit: Okay, I noticed that my fanfic kinda was floating above the Show's timeline, not really knowing its place. Well, I have editted it (since I have seen most of Season 2 in Japanese.. I need subs ;~;...) now so it takes place AFTER Season 2 and AFTER TDAT-CrystalDragon's fanfic The Tides of Hopes and Fears and takes place BEFORE her next one The Tides of Ruin and Destruction . Everything adds up now and makes sence. Thank you for you time and please reread! =)

**Edit #2: Okay, so I totally revised this Chapter and I am working on the others right now. Now that I have seen and OWN the 2nd Season Dvds, I can write accurately now. Sorry if some of the character's behavior is off, as I am still stuck a bit on the first season. So, think First Season when they react some times. And you know you can never stop the bickering between Zero and Bakunetsumaru. That's just their friendship, besides, you'll learn why Zero is so snappy. *cough* Lack of sleep? *cough*

Disclaimer: I do not own the SD Gundam Force, characters, show or anything. Referances to Kharn, Karkan and anything else that I do not own belong to TDAT-CrystalDragon. Mysterious character belongs to me.

Please leave a Review and enjoy!! ^w^

<</b>p> ~*--------------------------------------*~

It was a bright sunny day. The sky was blue and everything was peaceful. The city in the distance was active as usual, running on perfect harmony. It was a utopia. In the distance, a few miles from town something was going on. It came nearby a long house surrounded by a meadow.

“Catch Captain!”

A large red ball sailed through the air. A blue and white military looking robot caught it. He turned to look at the person who had tossed it.

“Got it Shute.”

“Great catch!” A young brown haired boy grinned, “Now toss it to someone else!”

“Here catch it Bakunetsumaru!” Captain threw the ball to a red and white robot who had yellow horns on his helmet.

The red robot, Bakunetsumaru, caught the ball, looking at it strangely. He then tossed it back to Shute. He muttered something, but it was unintelligible.

“May I ask how this is supposed to help us train?” Captain asked as Shute received the ball. The gundam was in his original form, not in his V Mode due to it getting some tune-ups and Shute’s insistence of him not needing the extra modifications for this. “I see it only as a fun human exercise.”

Shute looked back at Captain, gripping the ball. “It improves your reflexes and coordination. Besides, it’s just like you said, it’s for fun.” The boy then jerked his head over his shoulder, “Also, I have to keep Nana entertained. I’m supposed to be watching her too you know.” His little sister giggled and smiled from her place at the table. She clapped her hands with glee. Her blue eyes were focused on the two gundams in interest even though she had known them since she was an infant. She then waved at Shute, still giggling..

Bakunetsumaru seemed to smile as he looked over at Nana. “Humans sure are strange creatures. They’re so complex. I mean they’re entertained by anything.” The tiny human just laughed and smiled at the trio. Even though she was a little over becoming a toddler, Nana hardly said a word. She just preferred to smile and laugh.

“Well, let’s keep going! We can’t skip out on the training!” Shute turned back to his two robot companions.

“But I thought you just said it was fun Shute. How can training be fun? Shouldn’t we be focused on one thing so we can grow strong; learn our abilities?” Captain asked, returning his dark blue gaze to Shute. “Shouldn’t we focus on one thing at a time; either training or fun, not both?”

Shute sweat dropped as he struggled to explain to Captain. “It’s like relaxing. You know-” He went on for a minute, hoping that Captain would understand. After he had stopped Bakunetsumaru let out a ‘hmph’.

“As if I need training. What did you think I did all day in my homeland, Ark?,” he puffed out his chest. “My skills as a samurai warrior are superior to any; especially more than any villainous being’s!”

“Maybe Baku but it wouldn’t hurt.” Shute replied, tossing the ball to Captain. “I mean come on!”

“I still think that I don’t need it!” Bakunetsumaru argued, but continued with the ‘training’, still muttering to himself.

Not too far from the group, another robot stood. He looked like a knight with his white and blue armor. His red cape blew gently in a calm passing breeze. His teal eyes gazed out into the field beyond the house.

“These flowers… they are so delicate. They are almost like the ones back in my home land…” He looked up into the sky. “Lacroa…” He then snapped his fingers and a purple-blue flower appeared between them. His gaze then turned to the flower.
“Princess…” Zero drifted into memories of his homeland and his beloved Princess Rele which both where safe now but he missed.

Suddenly, a yell split his moment of silence.

“Whoa! Watch out Zero!”

“Huh!?” Zero turned around. “What-” He was cut off when the ball came flying and smacked into his face, knocking him over with its force. The ball then bounced unharmed a few meters away.

“Sorry Zero.” Captain replied as he, Bakunetsumaru and Shute rushed over to the fallen knight. “I think I projected the ball to Baku with too much force, causing him to miss it.” He thought for a moment. “I guess my calculations were wrong…”

“Uh…,” Zero moaned, his vision spinning, “It’s alright. I’m fine.” He shook his head to get his daze look off his face.

“I tried to warn you.” Shute stated, leaning next to Zero. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yes, I am fine. You just caught me off guard, that is all.” The knight sat up, trying not to wince. His face hurt a little bit, but he did not want to show it. “I shall be alright in a moment.”

“Haha! And I thought you said you have fast reflexes!” Bakunetsumaru scoffed at Zero. “And you call yourself a Royal Knight!?”

“What’s that supposed to mean!?” Zero yelled, glaring at Bakunetsumaru from his spot on the ground.

“It means you’re slow, I’m fast. I have better reflexes, you don’t. I’m the superior gundam!” Bakunetsumaru grinned behind his mouth piece.

Zero’s eyes narrowed. “Are not!”

“Are too!”

“Are not!’

“Are too!”

“Are NOT!”

“Are TOO!”

“I’ll show You superior gundam!” Zero yelled, showing his rare temper as he drew his sword. “Have at it fiend!” He leapt to his feet, going into his stance as he floated off the ground, his flight boosters kicking on.

“Look who’s taking fiend!” Bakunetsumaru shouted back, jumping away from Zero, drawing his long twin swords-his Katana swords.

“Oh boy, here they go again.” Shute moaned and sweat dropped as the two swordsmen gundams fought. He backed away to watch in a safe distance, knowing from past history not to be caught in the middle. Captain joined him by his side.

“How’s this for fast reflexes!?” Zero shouted as he swiped at samurai, only to be blocked.

"Hah! You call that fast!?” Bakunetsumaru taunted as he bracing himself as he continued to block. “Entengo is faster than you!”

“No, I call this fast!” Zero suddenly broke his attack and swung away from Bakunetsumaru, floating above the ground. He then spun in a circle, gaining some distance away from his opponent.

“What’s he doing?” Shute asked, his eyes wide with wonder.

“Beats me.” Captain replied plainly, continuing to watch the fight, “I’ve never seen him do this...”

Answering their question, Zero suddenly swung downward and smack the notorious ball, which was still laying there near him, with his sword. The connection with the sword and ball made a loud crack sound and sent the ball flying through the air near top speed.

The ball flew towards Bakunetsumaru. “Ha! Is that all you’ve got!? Watch me swat this like it was a harmless fly!” he crowed as he prepared himself.

“No, this is!” Zero shouted as he suddenly launched himself at Bakunetsumaru with full force.

Bakunetsumaru jerked in surprise. Block both the ball and Zero!? He gritted his ‘teeth’ as he waited for his targets to move in. He just had to wait for the right moment… Just then, Captain’s ‘v’ shaped head piece started to flash.

“Attention: Unknown activity in Sector 5.” He stated with an almost blank look in his eyes. His blue eyes then focused back on Zero and Bakunetsumaru.

“Huh!?” Both of them shouted in unison, both pausing-looking as if suspended in space. They turned their heads and stared over at Captain; Zero floated in midair with his sword outstretched and Bakunetsumaru not moving but with is swords still crossed in front of him-as if warding off an evil spirit. They were less than eight feet from each other.

Suddenly, the ball smacked into the side of Bakunetsumaru’s turned head. The force and surprise of the contact with the ball caused him to flop over, bouncing once before landing on his bottom. “ARG!”

Shute tried to stifle as laugh when he saw the look on the samurai gundam’s face. He tried to put on a concerned look. “You okay, Baku?” he called over to the knocked over gundam. He also tried to hide a smile of amusement.

“Why I ought to-” Bakunetsumaru stated, shaking with anger with a few veins pulsing as he quickly got up but was cut off by Zero.

“Yes, he’s fine but what do you mean ‘Unknown’ activity?”

Captain tilted his head as he went over the information. “For some odd reason, it appears that the activity patterns are identical to the Dark Axis. However, that is highly unlikely that it is them due to their current stationing in Ark.”

Shute looked shocked, “The Dark Axis here?” The boy shook his head, “You’re right, Captain. It can’t be them. They stayed in Ark to help Genkimaru!” Thoughts floated toward the trio of Dark Axis lords and their band of Zako Soldiers.

“Still that does not mean they are not up to something.” Zero growled as hovering next to Bakunetsumaru, still clutching his sword hard. He understood that the remaining members of the organization had turned to good or left, while most remained in Ark. There they were helping build up Genkimaru’s army to help him rule and fend the land from invaders. Still, Zero had not fully forgiven them for turning his homeland to stone but which was now restored thanks to the SDG’s efforts.

“Well, the report coming in says the disruption is coming from an old part of the city which happens to be a few miles away from the actual city.” Captain replied as his head piece stopped flashing, evidently receiving all the information. “It’s only an old abandoned construction site now. Even if it is the Dark Axis trio, I’m not sure exactly what they would find there that could possibly help Genkimaru’s cause.” The military robot cocked his head, thinking the situation over. “Besides, Genkimaru probably would have sent a message over that they were coming.”

“Uh.. I don’t know if we could count on that.” Shute replied, sweat dropping. Genkimaru was one musha gundam kid that did not liked to be bossed around or told what to do. Though the bratty musha did seem to admire Captain somewhat, showing great concerned when Captain was torn up during his battle with Professor Gerbera; or to rightly put it, Magnug in disguise. So it was possible he would alert the SDG about sending some of his recruits over but he was unpredictable, though loyal and caring to the core.

“I wonder what those fiends are up too.” Bakunetsumaru growled, rubbing his left cheek as he came over to Captain and Shute, his face still beat red from his injury-to his pride. He had sheathed his swords-for now. “Still, why don’t they just send a message first?” The samurai’s remark was half serious and the other was joking though he did not sound happy, despite them coming from his homeland. They could be bearers of bad news.

“Well, we’d better hurry and find out!” Shute replied as he stated to run back to his house. The brown haired boy did not hesitate to try mull over the situation. If something really bad was happening, they need to find out soon. Even though the Dark Axis was now on good’s side, the SDG had to keep an eye on their actives. Especially if they were under the command of Genkimaru.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hold it Dom! Easy… Hold it.. Hold it… Wait! Wait! Not ye-”

>BOOM

A large and loud explosion cut the voice off.

“I said NOT yet!” A red robot yelled as he sailed through the air. His one eye, which happened to be pink, glared down. “You metal moron! Do you want to blow the whole place up-with US in it!?”

“Oh, shut it Zipper!” A blue robot, also with one pinkish eye yelled back, flexing his left hand that was clawed at the red robot who was now all black and smoking. “Quit you yammering and get moving! All your talking is giving ME a headache!”

“It’s Zapper you-you-you clawed FREAK!” The red robot spat as he got up, stream still radiating off of him. “Why did I get stuck with you two idiots!? I could handle this mission myself! It was my original assignment anyways! Aloooone!”

“Oh sure! The great Lord Zapper Zaku can do anything! Even blow up a few stupid gundams; which shouldn’t be too hard! But nooooooooo!” The blue one spat back, pointing his clawed at the red one. “You can’t do anything, Zapper!”

“You’re the one to talk Grappler Gouf! You couldn’t slice that flower gundam if you wanted to!” Zapper yelled pointing at Grappler. “Remember that you came on this assignment second! You can’t even blow-”

“Me want to make them go BOOM!” A dark red and black robot, also with one eye, suddenly broke in. He was larger than the other two however. He leapt up, pointing two bazookas at some large tanks not to far from the villainous trio. “Destroyer Dom going to make BIG boom!” He laughed deeply, without much thought as he took aim.

“No Dom!”

Grappler and Zapper tackled the large robot, knocking to the ground, causing him to drop his weapons. They skidded away from his grasp.

“Not while we’re near them you dolt!” Zapper hissed, “I already got blasted once today and that’s all I need!”

“Well then, we’d better get up high so we can blast this place without us getting caught in it.” Grappler replied from his spot on Dom’s back, still pinning the absent minded robot down. “We just better hurry before that blasted gundam force comes!”

“Yay! We make them go boom!”

“Enough with the ‘booms’!” Grappler snapped, whacking Dom in the head. “Just get on the-” He did not get to finish his sentence as a familiar voice called out to them.

““Great! It’s the gundams!” Zapper Zaku yelled sarcastically, drawing his two machine guns. He then raised his gatling gun that was strapped to his back. “Let’s invite them to some target practice.” His eye glowed, “Ah, it looks like my old nemesis has arrived!” Zapper smiled as Captain landed a few feet in front of him

Captain looked confused at the non friendly sight. What were the three remaining Dark Axis lords doing and why was Zapper acting hostile toward him? All the military gundam had done was call out a greeting. Captain drew his gun that he had brought in precaution. “Anything that you are in need of Zapper Zaku? A simple supply order would have been justified. I am certain Genkimaru knows that.”

“What are you talking about, Captain!? Quit your babbling! All that I am in need of is kicking your sorry tin can all over this city!!” The red robot looked menacing, “It’s time for revenge!”

“Dah, that’s right!” Destroyer Dom nodded in agreement, “Take you down!”

“Shut up you two! Now, Captain Gundam,” Grapper Gouf sneered, “Where is the rest of your company? Or did you finally decide to lay them off?”

Something was not right. Captain then stated the phrase that had not been used in a long time: “I have been granted a special dispensation to use fire arms to prevent the invasion of Neotopia. Lay down your weapons and withdraw at once!” Captain pointed his gun at Zapper and the two other lords. “You and your whole company.”

“You’re so stupid! You say that every time we come! Don’t you get the hint yet, Captain Gundam!?” Zapper than aimed his trio of guns at the gundam. “We’re not leaving until we have completed our mission and I’ve personally turned you into scrap!”

“Quit yammering Zapper and just blow him up!” Grappler yelled as he drew his sword that was attached to a shield on his clawed hand’s arm. “Dom and I will handle the rest!” Grappler turned around and started to head towards a large yellow air ship and had a giant single pink eye in the middle of it that was parked a few yards away.

“Hold it right there coward!” Suddenly, a large gust of wind came speeding towards the blue robot. He dodged it just barely.

Grappler glared behind him as he spun around to face his opponent. “Oh great! It’s you, the Lacroa gundam!” He frowned at the blue knight gundam that floated in the air only a few feet away.

“Yes, it is I, Zero: the Winged Knight; Savior of all Lacroa!” Zero drew his sword from his shield. “It’s time to blow away your plans, Grappler.” The knight had seen the robot’s reaction to Captain’s appearance. He was not impressed and was rather annoyed that they had gone back to how things were in the Dark Axis. Something struck him though, why were they talking as if in the past tense? As if the Dark Axis was still in function?

“Oh please, spare me the soap opera.” Grappler muttered to himself. He then waved his sword at Zero. “Come get me than you pathetic excuse of a gundam! I’ll shred you into so many pieces that you’ll blow away!”

“Your threats mean nothing to me.” Zero replied calmly, pointing his own sword at Grappler Gouf. “Your meaningless actions have no style or impact. They are a waste, like you.” The Lacroa gundam cast all stray thoughts aside. Whatever the trio was doing, it certainly was not good. He would ask questions to what was going on later, once he had dealt with Grappler.

“Oh! Now that really got me!” Grappler yelled, a vein pulsing. “Destroyer Dom! Go now! Proceed with the mission! Stick with the plan!” He then turned his attention back to Zero, leaping at him, “I’ll clip your wings knight!”

“Ahaha!” Destroyer Dom laughed, zooming away from his comrades and toward some large crates and metal containers. “Me going to make gundams go boom!”

“Not yet you villain!”

Just then, a shadow flew over Dom and landed in front of him.

“Ooo! It’s the wittle samurai gundam!” Destroyer Dom laughed as he slid to a stop, watching Bakunetsumaru. “Does the wittle lost samurai wanna play?”

“If you’re trying to taunt me, then it’s working! Do you not fear my anger!? I, Bakunetsumaru, the blazing samurai of Ark!?” He waved his twin katana swords at Dom. “What’s this? Taunting me when you have no weapons? Are you already giving up and planning to continue your treachery to Genkimaru and Ark locked away?” Right now, the samurai’s temper was already above normal. The trio had come unannounced and were now acting suspiciously, especially with the whole ‘blowing up’ part which he happened to over hear from Dom. He was also still angry about getting hit in the face with a ball by Zero. That hurt.

“Uh huh huh huh!” The large robot laughed manically. “As if! Gallop! Operation Force Blow!”

Suddenly, a yellow box shaped machine sped out from behind some crates, rushing straight at Bakunetsumaru.

The samurai easily dodged the mindless machine as it screeched to a stop in front of Dom. The gallop then opened its doors and shot out two more bazookas to replace the ones Dom had dropped earlier then followed by a rocket launcher. Bakunetsumaru looked surprised seeing at the familar trailer type machine that Dom used to tow around behind him when still in the Dark Axis. Hadn't all the Dark Axis weapons been confiscated or destroyed?

“Ahaha! Prepare to go boom gundam!” Dom grabbed the two bazookas as the rocket launcher landed next to him.

“Go ahead and try you spawn of evil!” Bakunetsumaru yelled back at the Dark Axis lord, ready for any attack.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Ahaha! Getting a little rusty, are we, Captain?” Zapper Zaku mocked as he rapidly shot off his guns. Captain zoomed around Zapper, shooting his beam gun. “Your aim is off Captain! Or am I just getting better!?” Zapper grinned as he shot off his triple guns, laughing like a maniac.

“I wasn’t aiming for you.”

“What!?” Zapper shrieked, glaring at Captain. “You’re bluffing! Why wouldn’t you be aiming at me!?”

“Look up.” Captain suddenly stopped speeding around and pointed his gun straight above Zapper and shot one final time.

“What!?” Zapper shouted once more as he looked up and saw a beam that was handing from an old crane falling down on him. “Ah-arg!” The beam crashed down on top of him, pinning him to the ground, causing him to drop his two machine guns and pinning down his gatling gun to his back. “Hey! No fair! Get this blasted beam off of me!”

“Alright! One down, two to go!” Shute shouted as he ran next to Captain from the safe distance he had been watching the fight. “Great work, Captain! Now perhaps we can get some answers of what’s going on.”

“I thank you, Shute. And yes, perhaps we can acquire useful data.”

“ARG! It’s not over yet! Zako soldiers: Attack!” Zapper Zaku roared as he struggled to get up.

Almost as if out of nowhere, tons of little green robots, all with one eye, popped out from numerous places. Each clutched a weapon that seemed capable of nasty damage.

“Uh oh!” Shute exclaimed as some of the zakos hopped down from above, starting to surround Captain. It seemed that not only Zapper, Grappler and Dom had betrayed Genkimaru but even the zako soldiers who easily devoted themselves to the kid gundam had come back to Neotopia to cause destruction.

“Get back, Shute!” The military gundam held up his shield as incoming bullets came flying at him.

“You don’t need to tell me twice!” Shute called back over his should as he skated away, back to a safe place and distance.

Zapper let out a laugh. “This fight isn’t even close to being finished!” He yelled as some zakos tried to lift the fallen beam off of him, “Hurry up you tin cans!”

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hiya!” Zero shouted as he swung his sword at Grappler Gouf.

Grappler blocked Zero’s move with his clawed hand. “You’ll have to do better than that knight!” He then slashed at the gundam.

Zero jumped backwards, Grappler’s sword just missing his cape. “What are you talking about you cold hearted fiend? I haven’t even started!” Zero then pointed his sword to the sky. “Oh Mana! Come to me! Super Magical Violet Tornado!” Suddenly, a giant gale swooped down towards Grappler, little violet petals dancing in the wind.

“Not again!” Grappler yelled as the vortex knocked into him, swallowing him up and sending him flying through the sky. His yelling faded away as he disappeared from view.

“That was fairly easy.” Zero said to himself, lowering his buster sword. “Those Dark Axis minions never learn. Still, I couldn’t get many answers out of Grappler. He mentioned nothing about Ark and acted liked he did not know who Genkimaru was.” The knight looked down at his sword then glanced around. His battle with Grappler Gouf had moved both of them farther away from the others. “I’d better get back to my comrades.” The knight started to float back to the fight’s original spot, his mind elsewhere.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Ahaha! Look at the brave samurai run!” Destroyer Dom chortled as he shot at Bakunetsumaru who was dodging all of Dom’s fire. It looked more like an easy game of dodge ball, except with bullets.

What was up with the trio? Usually fighting them was a bit harder than this. Not that Bakunetsumaru minded the ease. Still, were they simply trying to stage a fight? The samurai’s thoughts snapped back into battle as a bullet whizzed by his head.

Dom then sped after the gundam, following him like a long cast shadow. “Does the gundam want to play cat and mouse?” The large robot had just finished shooting off missiles.

Bakunetsumaru slid to a stop while slashing the missiles that homed in on him. “Your taunting and reckless remarks will go unpunished no longer!” He then rushed towards the trigger happy robot, slashing and destroying the remaining missiles coming at him. “Prepare for my burning blades of justice!”

Suddenly, Destroyer Dom’s gallop raced out in front of the gundam’s attack. The sudden action startled Bakunetsumaru, causing him to jump to the side to avoid the collision. He glared at Dom as he lumbered towards him. “Let’s see you handle all my weapons first! They all need fresh air!” He laughed as the gallop’s doors opened.

Bakunetsumaru prepared himself, going into a defensive stance. It was no use trying to get answers from the large robot; He simply did not respond or continued his ways. “I’m waiting. Hurry it up before I grow old.” His brown eyes gleamed, “Come and bring it big guy.”

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Take that!”

Zako soldiers yelled as they flew up into the air, waving their arms like mad. They all looked more like mechanical birds than soldiers. “Zako, zako!” They all howled in unison.

“Is that all you’ve got Zapper!?” Captain asked, sliding to a stop as toasted looking zako soldiers fell around him. “Only a small band of soldiers who you trash talk 24/7!? Or perhaps your relationship has gotten better over these past months?”

“Ooo! Very good Captain! I’ve seen you’ve learned to get on my nerves even more!” Zapper Zaku yelled as he started to shoot of his guns in rapid fire. He was now free of the fallen beam and his fingers were itching to use his beloved guns. He started a charged at Captain, “Prepare to become scrap metal!”

“I think not.”

Captain’s shield suddenly shot out a peg at its base that went into the ground. Captain then gripped it hard and swung off of it; heading head on at Zapper.

“What!?” The red Dark Axis lord yelped in surprise, rearing back, causing him to stop in place; also aiming his guns into the air and sides-away from Captain. He took a step back, almost falling over.

“So long!” Captain shouted as he shot straight at Zapper Zaku. His fist was ready for the impact.

There was a giant explosion and Zapper as soon sailing through the air just like Grappler had done a few minutes ago. “It’s not over yet!” He shrieked as he disappeared into the blue sky. Zapper’s image totally vanished with a twinkle. The impact of the blow sent all the zako soldiers flying in various directions.

“Alright, Captain! You blasted him sky high!” Shute congratulated as he came out of his hiding spot, laughing. He joined Captain’s side once more.

“Ah yes, I did.” Captain turned to look at Shute. He blinked once, as if smiling but then it faded a bit. “I’m sorry to state that I was unable to apprehend any explanation to what is going on. Zapper is unresponsive to events that have happened after Commander Sazabi’s destruction and General’s Zeong’s defeat. Even pinning him down for answers did not yield results though I could not bring myself to give him a full blow.”

Shute frowned and scratched his head, “Well, you did try. He was acting strange though. Maybe they were just staging an attack?” The brown haired boy glanced around at the burn marks around him and the holes in crates from the bullets, “Uh.. Scratch that. I think they meant it.” He turned to look at Captain, “We should probably try and find him before he does more damage. Maybe now he’ll have some sense knocked into him."

“Captain!”

Shute and Captain turned to see Zero flying towards them. He flew low to the ground, not that was not normal but something seemed amiss.

“Zero! Are you okay?” Shute asked, looking at the blue knight gundam. His eyes tried to scan Zero’s body, but was unable to see fully. Zero’s cape fluttered around him, covering various parts of his limbs and torso. Shute could not spot any signs of black on the ground around the gundam which would indicate injury as oil would ooze out. The knight seemed fine otherwise and he did not seem to be in pain. Besides, Zero was not one to take severe damage in a simple skirmish.

“Yes, I am perfectly alright.” He turned his teal eyes to Captain. “I see you got rid of Zapper Zaku. I blew Grappler Gouf away not too long ago. I couldn’t get anything out of him.” He seemed almost to wince but straightened up, causing him to hover higher. He looked surprised. “Where’s Bakunetsumaru?”

Captain was bending over, picking up his shield. “It seems that we both could not acquire any useful information.” He then stood up straight, replying to the question. “Isn’t he with you? I thought I saw him heading in your direction.”

The winged knight shook his head. “Surely no. I haven’t seen him.”

“He must still be fighting! Come on!” Shute’s voice seemed to have some concern, but knowing the samurai, everything should be under control. The boy then turned on his jet backpack and started towards the only direction remaining: forward. Hopefully Bakunetsumaru would be able to get some answers to why the reformed trio and zakos were now returning to their evil ways.

“Right behind you Shute!” Captain shouted, running after him. Zero followed behind still hovering, but almost at a slow pace.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Bakunetsumaru leapt out of the way once more as yet again another missile shot past him. The missile then circled around and headed back towards him. “I’m tired of playing games with you!” He growled as he sliced the missile in half with one of his swords. “It’s time to end this. Tell me what your business here is! Is it something to do about my homeland Ark!?” He planted his feet and started to make a circle with both of his swords. He focused all his energy to his technique. It would appear that force would be the only means to finding the answer.

He planted his feet and started to make a circle with both of his swords. He focused all his energy to his technique.

“Me wouldn’t do that if me was you, samurai!” Destroyer Dom warned, a little amazement in his voice as he watched Bakunetsumaru preparing for his attack. “Make whole place go Boom!” The slow minded lord ignored the remark about Ark but replied, “Dah, that be our business! Make whole place go Boom!”

Bakunetsumaru paused for a moment. “What do you mean!?” he asked frowning. His temper was already on the edge and Dom’s repeating of himself seemed… amiss… But before he could get an answer, tons of gunfire stated to rain down on him.

“What!?” The gundam yelped, caught by surprise as he jumped back, trying to avoid the large bullets.

“Hey! Hurry it up you moron!” Zapper Zaku yelled at Dom. Zapper’s armor was scratched and has some burn spots on it. His squad of Zako soldiers stood behind him. “Get up here!” He was standing on an airship which was now floating and facing Bakunetsumaru as it continued firing at him. It looked very familiar to the one used by the Dark Axis.

“Lugnut!” I’m in charge here!”

Grappler Gouf suddenly appeared beside Zapper and whacked him upside of his head. He had some flower petals on his head and shoulders. “The Komusai II will take care of that flame idiot; Dom, get up here now so we can finish with the plan!”

“Hehe!” Dom laughed as he grabbed the rocket launcher and rushed past Bakunetsumaru who was still fending off the larger bullets, though he looked shocked at the mention of the Komusai II. His gallop followed closely behind with more weapons still protruding from it. “Going to make BIG boom!” With a hardy leap onto a crate, Dom then jumped onto the Komusai II, next to Zapper Zaku.

“Say nighty night gundam!” Zapper laughed, grinning at Dom. “I’ve waited for this day for forever!” He pumped his arm, pointing at Bakunetsumaru. “Total destruction!”

“Can it Zapper!” Grappler snapped, “Just move it already!”

“Dah!” Dom shouted happily and raised his rocket launcher, aiming at tanks that were behind Bakunetsumaru. The musha gundam was helpless to do anything since he was still defending himself from bullets. “Bye bye samurai!”

“I don’t think so!” A voice suddenly split the Dark Axis trio’s concentration.

Bakunetsumaru looked over his shoulder while still blocking the suppose Komusai II’s never ending bullets. “Zero! Captain! Shute!”

Captain and Zero rushed to their fellow comrade’s side. Shute once again stayed a safe distance away from the battle but enough for his friends to hear him. His hands were curled into fists and he pumped them.

“Go get them! You can beat them, you guys!”

“This makes the mission easier! All three gundams at once!” Zapper laughed as he watched the gundams take their stand, help defending each other from the bullets. “There will be no more city or obnoxious gundams after just one push of a button!”

“What are you talking about!?” Zero yelled as he slashed and dodged the bullets, though at a slower pace then usual. He looked as if he was doing a waltz.

“Yeah, you’re miles away from the city!” Bakunetsumaru shouted, his temper flaring. The odd behavior of the Dark Axis trio was getting on his last nerve. The deeper thought of betrayal to Ark made him even more angry. “Are you that stupid to not realize that!?” He barked, referring to their past schemes to try and take over Neotopia.

Before Zapper could yell back an insult or reply Grappler snapped at him glaring, “Shut it Zapper! We don’t need you to go tell them the plan!”

Zero looked up at the trio along with Captain. “You fiends actually have a plan!?” The knight had started to think that this was just some form of tasting past life style as a reminisce but things were beginning to become serious.

“Yeah! And we’re going to make you go Boom!” Destroyer Dom waved the rocket launcher around. “Whole place!” He added with a happy note, an obvious indication that he was not joking.

“And us with it if you don’t watch where you swing that thing!” Zapper yelled, ducking as the launcher just narrowly missed his head. “You bucket head, do you have any brains!?”

“Dah…”

The Komusai II had now stopped shooting and sat idly floating with the Dark Axis trio arguing on top of it. A strange sight as the Komusai II was destroyed along time ago. Where in the world did they get a hold a replacement?

“Hey! Are you going to shut your mouths and finish us or yack all day like old grannies!?” Bakunetsumaru snapped, growing impatient; his fiery gunsoul was dieing to use his full power.

“Grr, alright!!! We might as well as tell them since they’re doomed!” Grappler broke out of the argument. “They’re driving me nuts!”

“Now me make them go boom!?” Dom asked, starting to click the rocket launcher’s trigger back.

“Not yet!” Grappler growled. Whacking Dom. “We need to get higher! I told you!”

“Ahaha! Now let’s blow up the gundams!” Zapper shouted as the Komusai II rose higher off the ground. “SO the little gundams want to know how they loose this battle!? Well, you see those tanks behind you!?”

The three gundams eyed the large mysterious tanks, not turning their backs on the Dark Axis trio. Captain seemed to be analyzing the tanks as his scanner was over his right eye.

“Well, it seems that we’re on top of an old oil refinery! Those tanks are full of oil and there’s tons of gas and oil pipes lining this place! I just give the word and Dom will blow this place sky high! Oh, and the best part is that these pipes run all the way to the city so that means when this place goes… the city will go too! Ahaha!” Zapper Zaku laughed pointing at Captain. Obvious hatred reflected in his lone pink eye as he glared upon the gundams. “I guess I won’t see you around anymore! Good riddance.” He mockingly saluted the military gundam. “So long Captain! Good bye gundams!”

“Finally!” Grappler Gouf snapped, flexing his clawed fingers. “Let’s get this show on the road!”

“No!” Bakunetsumaru growled, flexing his hands as the clutched his swords. “I have to stop them!” He made movement to go towards the once ex-villains.

“You can’t.” Captain replied, turning towards Baku. “The slightest spark of flame may cause this whole place to go up-According to my calculations that say approximately 98.9%.”

“What about your bullets?” Bakunetsumaru asked, keeping his eyes on the Komusai II.

“Sorry, I’m all out. I used them all up in my battle with Zapper and his zako soldiers. I attempted to stall them as long as I could to gain answers but failed.”

“Curses! We’ve go our backs to the wall; never good odds in a battle!”

“Alright! Let’s go! See you later gundams! No, wait… I won’t be see you ever again!” Zapper laughed idiotically.

“Heh, say good night Kiddies!” Grappler smiled and gave Dom the signal.

“Dah hah hah! They go boom now!” Dom pointed once more at the tanks and pulled the trigger, sending the rocket flying towards the tanks and gundams.

“Captain! Zero! Bakunetsumaru! Noooo!” Shute yelled, too far away to do anything. His green eyes were wide with horror, not believing what he was seeing. Why was the trio suddenly bad again!? They could not really be intending to destroy his friends!

“Some times… a cat fights the best when it is cornered.” Zero replied to Bakunetsumaru’s comment. He closed his eyes, sucking in his breath, trying to draw his hidden pain away. He could not put up a force field as the tanks could still explode. It was too risky. “Let’s see if they can handle this.” He then suddenly launched himself forward, away from Bakunetsumaru and Captain, straight towards the rocket.

“Zero!” Shute screamed, horrified at the knight’s self sacrifice.

“Lacroa Crescent! Zero shouted, pointing his sword at the rocket. A large blue summon ring appeared above him. He then preceded, “Magical Violet Tornado!” It then shot out a blue star-like thing, followed by a large gust of wind with familiar flower petals.

Zero and his attack hit the rocket head on. The rocket was knocked back towards the Komusai II and the three Dark Axis lords. It lead the return attack on the trio.

"Whoa! Whoa!” Zapper Zaku yelled, putting his hands up, trying to defend himself.

“Aw geez! Does this always have to happen!?” Grappler Gouf spat, annoyed at the outcome, bracing himself for the unavoidable attack.

“Dah… yep!” Destroyer Dom chirped absentmindedly.

The rocket hit the airship followed by Zero’s attack and himself. The explosion caused the Komusai II to fly backwards, spiraling and flinging the villainous trio off of it.

“This is not over gundams!” Zapper shouted as he, his companions and zako soldiers spun, flailing in the air.

Suddenly, a large dark hole appeared in the sky, as if ripping the curtain of blue open. The whole Dark Axis group disappeared through it. All their cries and angry squabbles faded away as the hole closed back up, leaving the sky back in a whole piece.

“Alright Zero! You did it!” Shute shouted in celebration, once more gliding over to the gundams. “I still don’t understand why they--Zero?” Shute and the remaining two gundams suddenly looked around..

“Zero!? Zero!?”

Bakunetsumaru looked around in the sky. “Where did he go?”

“That explosion could have knocked him far away. Like that time when I first met you, Shute.” Captain replied, using his scanners to search the area. “I landed in your workshop just down by your house.”

“Yeah, but the only problem is, my house isn’t anywhere near here! Zero could end up any where!” Shute bit his lip as he looked around. The Lacroa knight did not have to go and attack like that. Weird things were happening and still they had no answers; not to mention a partner missing now.

“Don’t worry, he’ll return soon… I hope.” Bakunetsumaru replied as he sheathed his swords. “I’m sure if it; as his honor as a knight and mine as a samurai.” He stepped closer to Shute, knowing that human emotions were stronger than a gundams. He returned his gaze to the sky. “I bet he’s on his way right now. You know he wouldn’t leave us, especially with this strange event and treachery at hand.”

“I hope he gets back soon.” Shute murmured to himself. He then looked back up towards where the Dark Axis had disappeared into a strange portal. “Zero! Where are you Zero!? Zero!”

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Zero…”

ZeroR 17;s eyes flickered on. After a few moments, his vision cleared. The knight blinked, his head fuzzy. “Wh-where am I?” He tried to sit up from his sprawled position.

“Ouch!” Zero quickly dropped back onto his back. His head ached and his vision blurred a little. All his information seemed jumbled. “What happened?” His eyes stared up into the pale blue sky that seemed to be darkening now.

“You fell. Well, more like crash landed that is.”

Zero’s head snapped forward, trying to see past his feet. The sudden movement made his vision blur even more as his circuits buzzed with confusion. “Who said that!?” He quickly sat up, trying to block out the pain. “Show yourself!”

“I did. Not that it matters…,” A shadowy figure appeared between the trees and were about fifteen feet in front of Zero, “Since you can’t see me anyways. Not that I would want you too if you could.” The figure seemed to be thinking. “Or maybe I would… I’m not sure. Oh well, can’t cry over split milk. You can’t see me.”

The figure was right. All Zero could make out was some of the outline of the figure. The rest was all staticy and black, like a bad TV station signal. No definite features could be made out. Zero’s eyes narrowed. That voice…

“Who are you!? What are you!? What am I doing here!? Where am I?” Zero almost yelled. He was not feeling himself so he did not try to put on his best manners. Yet, who would when your memory was fuzzy.

“My, my, you knight gundams are so demanding. Are you all like this?” The figure’s shaped seemed to jump different ways, as if staring to brake up. “I don’t have a lot of time… anyways who I am isn’t important right now. What is important is that you’re hurt.” The figure then pointed. “I was able to take care of most of your arm-”

Zero’s eyes widened. His arm!? The gundam glanced at his right arm. It had a few scratches on it, as well as a couple of burns and even a few traces of oil splatters. Some other markings seemed to be more burns and scratches, only mostly healed. His eyes scanned his whole arm once more.

“I took care of some of your other wounds as well. I tried my best since in my current state, I can’t really do anything spectacular…”

The knight’s mind then started to come back. The pain in his sides and head… they were gone! He glanced down to see the gashes in his armored body from his fight with Grappler were gone! Well, except for thin line scratches; that was the only remnants of them.

“Like I said: I tried my best. Sorry that they’re not fully healed.” The figured muttered, “Not that I could do much in this state…” It repeated once more, as if trying to get the fact down.

Zero looked back over at the figure who now seemed to be fuming at itself. “I thank you. I am sorry for my behavior and rude actions. It’s just my head… no, that doesn’t excuse myself.” He closed his eyes, trying to focus. “That fight...”

“As for where you are,” The shadowy, transparent figure quickly continued, “it appears you are caught between dimensions; In a No-Man’s-Zone. No real place in existence. Most likely you are caught between the world you just came from and the one whatever a portal led to. For some reason, the portal did not let you through.” The stranger seemed a bit puzzled by this, “Though I do not know why you would even come through to here…”

Zero’s memory slowly came flooding back. “The Dark Axis!” His teal eyes flashed open. “What of Mana were they up too!? Where they are now!?” He tried to stand up but quickly decided he was not totally better when a new wave of dizziness and pain came over him. “I guess I can only hope that they were blasted away too… Still, I wonder why they were acting that way...”

Where the figure’s eyes would be, two flashes appeared. “Dark Axis? Did I hear you say Dark Axis?,” The mysterious figure’s voice seemed to drop to a low whisper. Its outline then started to break up even more, almost making it impossible to see. “I’m sorry, I can’t stay much longer. It’s hard to maintain a focus… My energy is being drained…” The figure then seemed to let out a low, short gasp of pain. It then started to fade away.

“Wait! Who are you!? Why did you help me!?” Zero cried out, sitting up all the way. “I don’t even know you!”

The figure seemed to come a little more into focus. “Perhaps you have… in your dreams.” It began to dim again, “Remember to look to the stars! Now, I can’t do much more except this-” The figure then thrust out its hand and there was a giant, bright flash. The flash swallowed Zero and made everything else disappear, including the figure who seemed to have vanished completely.

When the flash faded, Zero was standing in a grassy field with flowers. He glanced around, only to realize it was familiar. He also noticed that his throbbing headache was gone. Zero then caught sight of something else familiar.

It was Shute’s house.

<</b>p> ~*--------------------------------------*~

Author's note:

Guilly-GuiledDragon: *falls over* So... long.. to.. type.... it... *dies*

Typhen: Oh, don't give us that, you can't die yet, you still have to do the next chapter!

>Zero: You need to tell us what happens! How could you leave me standing in a field?!

Guilly-GuiledDragon: Noooooooooo! ;~; I need inspiration..

Typhen: Come on, let's go watch some SD and play some video games.. *drags GGD off while Zero follows behind*
<</b>p>
I got some ideas from the series itself. If you notice certain quotes and moves.. eheh..

> A BIG thank you to TDAT-CrystalDragon for editting this for me! You're the best Internet Cuz there is!! 8D

>Also, for just future knowledge, I am NOT a big Zero fan, though I do like him as well as all the other gundams. I thought Zero needed a fan fiction written surrounding/involving mostly him since Captain and Bakunetsumaru have alot already. Plus, he goes well with the mysterious character. ;p

**Note: PLEASE do not get on me about "Zero isn't that weak! Why the heck did he get hurt so easily!?" and tell me that things don't make sence and people aren't acting the way they do in the series. People, PLEASE! It's PLOT! Wait for next chapters! Things will get explained!! Please refer to TDAT-CrystalDragon's fanfic The Tides of Hopes and Fears (takes place before THIS) and her next one The Tides of Ruin and Destruction (takes place AFTER this story) for explanations. -Thank you!