SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Kibou Hoshi ❯ The Enemy's Icy Threshold ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
~Author's Note:
I am sooooo sorry to all my readers for the massive wait!! I thank all of you who are still around to follow this story. Inspiration for the story left me for a while as well as not having real time to write it. (Time+no muse= yeah not working). BUT IT IS DONE NOW!! And the next chapter is partially written and planned out!

Also I wanted to let you know that updating on here has gotten harder when it comes to uploading and updating old chapters. I am in the midst of revising previous chapter for grammar and spelling mistakes as well as for the sake of plot flow. Cuz honestly, it’s crap :P
SO. From now on updated versions as well as new chapters shall be posted on my deviantart account here: http://guiled-dragon.deviantart.com/

But enjoy this last chapter update on MediaMiner!! (I may or may not reupload it on here as well but I hate having to reformat everything)

--Disclaimer: I do not own the SD Gundam Force, characters, or show (I do own the dvds though! HAH!). References of Kharn belong to TDAT-CrystalDragon. Star, JunMai and creatures and Kendra belong to me.

**Timeline is AFTER TDAT-CrystalDragon's fanfic The Tides of Hopes and Fears
(which I recommend reading) and BEFORE her next and current sequel The Tides of Ruin and Destruction.  
~*--------------------------------------*~

ÒDo you think we'll run into the smart guy who manipulated us while we rescue this... person?Ó Zapper Zaku asked, the burgundy robot walking along the hallway sculpted out of ice, his pink eye looking forward, not addressing a particular person. ÒI can't wait to introduce my fists to his face, though my guns would be more appealing.Ó

The SDG band, now joined with the recently rescued former Dark Axis lords and a hand full of Zako soldiers, quickly made their way through the ice fortress rooms and hallways, urgency to find the other captured individual as well as others still at hand. The ex-villain robots lingered in the back of the group, eager to lay their hands on the one who had captured them and used them as their personal toy soldiers.

ÒDah, weapons gone. Disappeared.Ó Destroyer Dom bobbed his head up and down as he lumbered down the hallway, sounding sad though he made a point.

ÒWhat gets me is here we had this boat load of weapons when we attacked but now we have nothing.Ó Grappler Gouf looked suspiciously at the gundams, ÒI suppose I'm lucky to even have this.Ó The blue robot lifted up his clawed hand, giving a look that dared anyone to try to take it from him.

ÒEven you gundumbs are at the ready and stocked with weapons.Ó Zapper muttered, shooting a look Captain, remembering the capabilities of the military gundam's Hyper Captain Option Z model body.

ÒWe're still not exactly sure why but my hypothesis is that the enemy is capable of extreme mind control and mastery over illusions. Illusions so strong they become real; through magic that is.Ó Captain commented, turning his head to look at the following ex-Dark Axis villains.

ÒZero, how much further is it?Ó Shute asked gently, the Winged Knight's former words haunting him.

ÒI think he's dying.Ó

The human boy could tell the Laroan gundam was getting edgy as well as emotional. He could not begin to imagine the responsibility Zero must be feeling. Still the knight gundam should not blame himself for what happened and the current condition of the captured informant.

ÒI am uncertain. I can only feel the pull.Ó The Winged Knight prayed silently, begging the magic of Mana to what he was connected to intertwine with this magic of Kendra to reinforce the connection. Long enough to reach the destination. ÒI suppose when the trail ends it'll be the destination or...Ó

Zero did not have to finish the sentence for the thought to cross everyone's minds.
ÒWe'll make it, Zero.Ó Shute replied in comforting tone, his green eyes sincere and caring.

If only Shute knew that Zero was beginning to think of the weakening captive as the same as his former Royal Knight companions. The same ones he had been absent from when they died. The ones he had been unable to aid and prevent their deaths.

ÒRelax! If we could save these nut bolts, we can save anyone.Ó GunEagle reassured, jerking his hand back in a backwards point, indicating the rescued ex-commander robots.

ÒHey! Watch it Wing-boy!Ó Zapper snapped, the burgundy robot shooting a threatening look at the aerial gundam though it went ignored.

ÒI'm sure it's in nothing of comparison in size to the Koriarashi Palace.Ó Bakunetsumaru decided to try to bring on an optimistic light as well, sensing his comrade's despair. ÒThe Tenchi Castle was truly massive and a force to reckon with. I'm sure this ice fortress is merely a parking, uh... um... what are those called? Zones? Reserves? Yeah! It's a parking reserve in comparison!Ó The Blazing Samurai nodded his head, the gundam's knowledge of other cultures clashing together.

ÒParking garage.Ó Grappler hissed in correction, his tone full of irritation due to what he deemed a stupid mistake. ÒBesides, I don't know how much you explored in that human world but those things can be giant-Ó

The blue robot was cut off when Destoyer Dom surprisingly whacked him, though not intentionally hard. He jumped, caught off guard by the act but more surprised that the larger, usually less verbal of the three had performed the physical act, having expected it to come from Zapper.

ÒWhat was-Ó Grappler began, annoyed, spinning around to face the larger robot but was cut off once more.

ÒDon't.Ó Came the firm yet simple response, lacking Dom's usual dimwitted tone. The purple and black robot shook his head, simply looking down, watching his smaller companion as if daring a response. Grappler stared up at his comrade for a second, debating how to react.

ÒTch, whatever.Ó The irritable blue robot said after another moment, waving his clawed hand in dismissal before starting after the rest of the group who had gained some steps.
Zero suddenly stopped, as if frozen in place. The knight's shoulders were ridged, as if something unpleasant had touched him. The gundam did not turn to convey a message to the others however.

Captain halted his movement as well, noticing Zero's behavior. The military gundam was unsure what to make of the reaction, emotions still hard to determine from behind. ÒZero, what's wrong?Ó The blue Neotopian gundam waited silently, trying to deduce the reaction. Was it because of what Grappler Gouf had said? Or was it a hidden emotion that the Lacroan gundam was keeping silent about?

Ò-ear.Ó

ÒEh, what?Ó Zapper asked in a loud voice, not catching what Zero said. The burgundy robot cupped a hand to the side of his head where an ear would usually be, mimicking the gesture to amplify hearing a sound.

ÒIt's near.Ó Zero said in a louder voice, his pitch rising from the whisper he had just spoken. ÒWe're close!Ó Without another word, the knight gundam bolted forward, kicking on his flight busters so he zoomed over the ice floor, his cape fluttering behind him like a war banner.

ÒWait a minute! Zero!Ó Captain called out, his tone filled with caution but the other gundam was already ahead of the group. The military gundam quickly looked at the others in the group as he took a step forward, preparing to run, ÒCome on, we had best not lose him!Ó

ÒI hope this is not the start of a bad habit.Ó GunEagle remarked, simply thinking over Zero's recent distant and preoccupied behavior along with his uncharacteristic hastiness. The aerial gundam quickly followed the rest of the group, Shute trying his best to run on the ice and snow packed floor while Bakunetsumaru appeared determined as well as focus to not slip. The ex-Dark Axis lords and the Zako soldiers had no choice but to match the urgent pace, not wanting to be left behind in such a strange place.

ÒIf I wanted so much of a work out, I would have volunteered to be on the labor force division of the reconstruction plans for Ark!Ó Grappler said in a sour voice, his pace now a sort of trot.

ÒYeah, well if you ask me, you could lose some weight!Ó Zapper replied, his own pace a fast trot.

ÒYou nut bolt! It's called armor! And you probably weigh twice the amount I do! Especially when you would lug those tacky guns around.Ó

ÒWhat did you say!?Ó Zapper snapped, his pink eye glowing, ÒDon't forget who got their commander fin first

ÒIt was me, you bolts for brains!Ó Grappler shot back, pointing to his head fin which was a reminder of their times with the Dark Axis. Not that it mattered now since they were no longer in leagues with the Dark Axis nor of commander status; that did not stop the conflict though. The two medium sized robots began arguing and insulting back and forth as they raced after their gundam comrades.

ÒThey're at it again, zako.Ó One of the Zako soldiers commented to its comrades as they ran as fast as their legs could carry them to catch up.

ÒNothing ever changes, zako.Ó Inputted another and all the rest nodded their heads as they ran. All of the little green robots were sharing the same thought: They wished they were back in Ark, under the direction of Genkimaru.

ÒDah, I da biggest! And me say faster!Ó Destroyer Dom suddenly interrupted the other two robots. Before Zapper and Grappler knew was happening, the largest of the group grabbed the two of them as if they were toys, displaying his true monstrous strength, and turning on the wheels on his feet, speed forward with alarming speed.

ÒWait for us, zako!Ó The little robots shouted, looking distraught, now the last ones behind as the ex-Dark Axis lords disappeared ahead of them, Zapper and Grappler's startled yells echoing off the walls. The mini group became a small mob as they raced after the larger robots and the gundams, and the human, wailing to not be left behind.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The running through the halls did not last very long thanks to the group's speed.
Destroyer Dom, still holding Zapper and Grappler, nearly ran into Bakunetsumaru and GunEagle who stood with Captain and Shute but stopped an inch way with a screech.
ÒPut me down!Ó Zapper sputtered, wriggling but Bakunetsumaru turned and gave the ex-Dark Axis commander a gesture to be quiet.

ÒWe're in enemy territory! We have to keep our presence a secret.Ó The samurai said in a quiet, firm voice, his brown eyes serious.

ÒShould have mentioned that before we ran around like half wired robots.Ó Grappler snapped, though his voice was low. The blue robot shot a look at Dom, who was still holding them. The large robot looked confused for a moment but seemed to realize what Zapper had said as well as the silent meaning of Grappler's look for he put them both down.

Behind them the Zako soldiers ran up, all of them huffing and puffing for breath, collapsing on the floor.

ÒI can't take it, zako.Ó

ÒNo more, zako.Ó

ÒSHHHH!Ó Dom suddenly hissed turning upon the small green robots, mimicking Bakunetsumaru's gesture, holding a finger up, only his pitch was deeper. The Zakos immediately stiffened but were still shaking in nervous excitement.

ÒZero, what's wrong?Ó Shute inquired in a concerned tone, his as well as everyone else's attention on the Winged Knight once more.

The Lacroan gundam stood before large doors that were made out of ice, staring at them with much intensity. The invisible tugging at him was the strongest it ever was though it was still considerably faint. ÒHere, just beyond these doors.Ó The violet blue raised his hand toward the doors, reaching to push them open.

ÒWait! It could be a trap!Ó GunEagle warned, causing Zero to halt his movement. The rookie blinked his green eyes as the knight gundam, as well as the others, turned to look at him. ÒWhat? Can't a guy be cautious for once? I mean, I'm all for busting in with guns blazing but how are you sure this isn't some part of our hidden opponent's plan?Ó

ÒI don't.Ó Zero stiffly replied, ÒBut I can't wait. Just incase it is a trap, you wait here and hide while I go in so if it is a trap you can flee and come up with another plan.Ó

ÒDon't even think about that!Ó Bakunetsumaru objected, immediately stepping up toward Zero. ÒWe're comrades at arms and a warrior like me will never back down from a fight. Even if it's a pan of lions, we'll make our way through and out!Ó

ÒDen of lions.Ó Shute corrected the Blazing Samurai lightly, though the human boy could not help smiling and nodding. ÒYeah, Zero. We've come this far together, so we're all going in. We can get in and out of anything because we're a team!Ó

ÒI couldn't have said it better myself.Ó Captain agreed, the military gundam giving a nod. ÒWe're here to support you, Zero. However my calculations do estimate the chance of an ambush or trap to be 85.8291%. In light of that though we are ready to give you backup, no matter what happens.Ó

ÒBut don't mind us,Ó Grappler announced, managing to keep is annoyed sarcastic tone low, Òwe're just part of the Popsicle stand. Just go ahead and do your thing while we mind the goods.Ó

ÒDah, Popsicle?Ó Dom asked, his lone pink eye growing large with wonder and curiosity.
ÒIt's a figure of speak you lead headed moron.Ó Zapper snapped, though the burgundy robot looked content with Grappler's suggestion. The Zako soldiers seemed to show their agreement as well, all of them nodding their heads at once, looking like a mini see of green bobble heads with lone pink eyes.

ÒCowards.Ó Bakunetsumaru scoffed, not believing these were the same former Dark Axis lords who now served faithfully under the young energetic Genkimaru.

ÒHey, now listen here, Mr. Fire.Ó Grappler growled, pointing his clawed left hand at the red samurai. ÒWe didn't ask to be here. It just so happens we were captured and you guys saved us. We'll do our own part of helping you 'save the day' and repaying you, but first off we would appreciate not walking into a possible trap that could end our lives.Ó

ÒYou all stay here.Ó Zero informed turning around to face everyone, his teal eyes serious. He could still feel the pull from the magic, the invisible thread seemingly ready to come completely undone. ÒI appreciate all your support but I really should do this alone.Ó

ÒDude, if you're going to go save who ever it is, then go!Ó GunEagle exclaimed, ÒI was warning about a trap but nothing is going to happen if we just stand here! We're wasting time!Ó The rookie looked serious, his emerald eyes locked on Zero. ÒYou're a knight who must fulfill his duty, yes? Then do it! No action is the worse thing someone can do when they know they should stand up for what’s right. You said you were going to rescue... so then rescue!Ó'

Silence covered the group as everyone watched in anticipation of what the Winged Knight was going to say to the Neotopian aerial gundam. Shute stared with big green eyes, not sure what to say despite his experience with defusing confrontations. Finally after a few seemingly tense moments, someone spoke up.

ÒThanks GunEagle.Ó Zero replied with a nod to which the rookie smiled behind his mouthplate, grateful for the honest pep talk. Without another word, Zero turned around and gave a hearty shove at the icy door, forcing their frozen hinges to move. Everyone stiffened as the doors slowly swung open, all three ex-Dark Axis Lords tensing as they readied to bolt while the Zako soldiers hide and watched timidly.

No monster came bursting through the open doors or was there any enemy fire. Only silence and a cold blast of air greeted them yet the stillness in the air was almost haunting. With no obvious danger, the decision to go forward was unanimous though not without doubt.

Carefully the mixed company rescue party made their way into the large chamber, observing everything with a weary eye. Surrounding them were majestic walls made of ice, strange symbol's carved into them. Pillars lined the room like the previous rooms had, also having strange runes and symbols carved into them. The only life like things in side was a vast collection of ice sculptures that made the room seem like a maze of artwork.

Zero observed the markings, remembering similar markings in the area they had landed and wondered what they said but pushed the thoughts away as he turned his focus on locating the source of the magic pull. It was in this room. He could feel its sudden halt in pathway, like a string trail in the dark that had suddenly been severed, leaving no more trail.

ÒAaaauuughawwaaaahhaaa!Ó

Suddenly a sharp cry filled the air and everyone froze, whirling around toward the source of the noise with fearful looks. Bakunetsumaru all stared back at them, also looking surprised but somewhat confused and flustered. ÒW-What are you all looking at me for? I didn't do it... It's not like this place is h-h-haunted or a-anyt-thing.Ó He stuttered, starting to be convinced opposite of his own words. The red musha gundam however did manage to point at the cause of the noise.

Everyone looked in unison toward the direction that Bakunetsumaru indicated only to see GunEagle with a startled expression, his emerald eyes uncharacteristically huge with tiny pupils. The rookie was before a ice sculpture of an enormous feral looking dragonlike bird whose mouth was opened. Its mouth was big enough to seemingly swallow GunEagle who had been about to walk right into its, luckily, lifeless jaws. The whole statue easily dwarfed the rescue party in height. It was amazing that it even fit into the room.

ÒHaha... um, sorry everyone. Just got, you know, startled for a moment there.Ó GunEagle nervously laughed as he let out a cough, sweatdropping at his embarrassing outburst as well as the heated looks he was receiving. He had not been paying attention to where he was going, instead looking at a long horizontal strip of ice that nicely reflected things to which he was flexing his ÒmusclesÓ and shadow boxing.

ÒNice way to blow our cover of silence, Fly Guy.Ó Grappler Gouf snapped, frowning deeply at the aerial gundam. ÒJust our luck that another one of the gundams turns into a chicken and just about jumps at his own shadow.Ó

ÒHey now, I do not jump at my own shadow!Ó GunEagle replied in a firm voice before adding, ÒWhy should I? I think it's rather good looking, if I say so myself; which I do.Ó

ÒLooks like the Force has their very own Narcissus in the gundamium.Ó Zapper murmured to his comrades, earning a sea of head bobs from the Zako soldiers, a low
ÒDahÓ from Dom and a ÒTch, figures.Ó from Grappler.

ÒUm guys, I think it's best we hurry up. The sooner we leave the better. We don't know if the enemy is watching us in the first place. And aside from the possible fact that GunEagle's outcry has alerted them, I would personally like to get out of this giant ice box.Ó Shute said, looking nervous as he looking all around, as if about to catch sight of some evidence of the spying.

ÒFor once it wasn't me.Ó Bakunetsumaru muttered to himself somewhat happy at this fact but paused for a moment as he began to comprehend the back handed complement that he had just given himself.

ÒI agree with Shute. Let's focus on the rescue mission then focus on getting out of here and avoid any more attention being drawn to us. There is a 68.349% that we have still not been noticed yet.Ó Captain said, the military gundam motioning for them all to lower their voices.

ÒI can feel the presence the strongest in this room, yet I don't see him.Ó Zero spoke in a low voice, his voice tinting with worry. His teal eyes immediately went to the sculptures, afraid that the one who had been calling for help was now frozen like the ex-Dark Axis gang had been.

ÒDah, found something.Ó Destroyer Dom suddenly spoke, pointing away from the group, the large robot having wondered some ways from the others.

Through the rows of sculptures and the randomly placed ones, a large strange device sat toward the end of the room. There were large pillars on either side of it and something sitting at the bottom middle looked like a giant orb where lights swirled across its surface as it pulsed faintly. Wired strung up from the orb to something which hung down from the top, the object suspended in mid air as if on an invisible wheel.

Cautiously the group eased their way toward the strange device. Zero felt the magic pull on him tighten as he neared the device. Suddenly his circuitry began to run cold as a despairing feeling crept up in his chest. Was this a premonition or simply worry based on unfounded facts, an unspoken dread?

Once upon the machine, everyone moved to what they deemed must be the front. With curious eyes they all stared closely at this mysterious device. It took barely a moment for everyone to figure out what the object hanging in the middle was.

A gundam.

ÒWhy, I believe it's-Ó Captain began but was immediately cut off.

ÒA girl!Ó GunEagle nearly bellowed, his emerald green eyes wide with shock but shining in happiness. ÒA babe!Ó The aerial gundam looked ready to pass out, eyeing the curvy body with delicate details adorning its green blue armor. He looked as if he were ready to pass out in happiness of the revelation.

ÒStar.Ó Zero stated, his teal eyes staring at the imprisoned form, his processors solving the seeming riddle from not so long ago which the captive had spoken: ÒM-my nameÉ it belongs to the sky, to the heavenly bodies above.Ó

The Winged Knight took a tentative step forward, his eyes locked on the suspended turquoise body. ÒHer name is Star.Ó He stared at the gundam whom he had been in contact with. He was relieved but shocked at the same time. A female?

This was indeed the one who had been calling to him, the magic trail abruptly stopping when standing before her. But why was she unresponsive to their arrival? She made no movements to acknowledge their arrival and no sound emitted from her. Were they too late?

ÒShe has to get down from there immediately!Ó Captain suddenly instructed, pointing to the strange bindings that were wrapped around the gundamess' arms and legs, as well as some that connected to the dark red orb in the middle of her chest. ÒMy scanners indicate that her vital readings are dipping expediently below normal!Ó

ÒI am captured by ourÉ tyrantÉ My strength is slowly being drained.Ó

ÒIt’s hard to maintain a focusÉ My energy is being drainedÉÓ


ÒQuick! Cut those wires! They're draining her powers and life force!Ó Zero exclaimed, Star's previous words echoing in his memory bank like a haunting cry that sent chills down ones back. ÒWe have to get her away from those now! Those things are sapping her life force!Ó

ÒLeave it to me! I can get her down in no time!Ó GunEagle immediately volunteered, jumping at the chance to save a damsel. The rookie reached behind him and pulled out his beam sword. Instantly its pink energy blade was pulsing, ready for use. ÒI swear my fuel cells are going to freeze up if I don't use them.Ó

ÒI'll help you.Ó Captain responded, pulling out his beam saber. ÒWe'll be twice as fast working together.Ó

ÒMuch obliged Captain.Ó GunEagle gave a quick salute to his idol before engaging his flight boosters to lift him off the ground. Once hovering, his thrusters switched on and the aerial gundam swooped toward the restrained Star, performing quick and precise slices with his weapon. Captain followed suit, swiftly severing the connections in a flash.

Together the two Neotopian gundams were like adventurers making their way through a jungle, hacking away at vines that choked their path.

As the wires were cut away, the gundamess' body sagged more though stayed suspended thanks to her limb's bindings. Still with the energy draining wires gone, Star was unresponsive, making no signs of acknowledgement of the rescue party's presence.

ÒZero, get ready! I'm going to cut her bindings!Ó Captain instructed, giving a nod to GunEagle who quickly took up the opposite position. An easy as a knife through butter, the energy beams of the sabers cut through the tight bindings. With mere seconds between, the feet binds where sliced clean through before quickly followed by the hand and arm ones. As the Captain and GunEagle cut the last bindings in sync, Star's body lurched forward and began its decent to toward the frozen ground.

Zero quickly ran under the device, arms outstretched, catching the falling green blue body, the blue ribbons attached to her helmet streaming in response to gravity. The Winged Knight let out a grunt from the impact, as the weight pushed him down to one knee but he held on tight. Gathering his strength to not drop the gundamium made damsel in his arms, he tried to hold her up, calling in a concerned, anxious voice, ÒStar! Can you hear me? Star! Say something!Ó GunEagle and Captain flew down and were next to Zero in no time to spare, everyone else in the group quickly gathering around Zero and Star.

The gundamess did nothing for a moment, her optical screens blank and showing no signs of movement. Everyone watched the gundamess from Kendra in anticipation, hoping from some sign of life to indicate they were not too late. Some horrifying seconds of absolute silence and no response set everyone on edge, the grim thoughts that their cause was lost unanimous.

However there was a low moan, immediately calling attention back to Star's form. Her optical screens flickered briefly before turning on, revealing violet eyes that seemed distant and blank. Ò...N...nani?Ó A weak sounding feminine voice asked, Star's eyes still trying to focus. She looked completely incoherent, shaken and not understanding who was around her. The word she spoke was foreign, nothing that Captain nor any other the others could comprehend.

The turquoise gundamess then managed another word, the tone filled with begging as she tried to raise her hand,Ò T-t...tasu...kete...Ó, reaching for Zero but what strength she had left failed her. Her hand fell useless by her side as she trembled, her eye screens flickering. Her body gave a shudder but even that seemed to take all the strength and energy that remained within.

Zero did not understand her exact words but knew that she was still asking for help. Did she think this was another vision? The Lacroan gundam held her tighter as he tried to keep her upright. ÒStar! It's me, Zero! Remember!? The one you called to from another dimension! I've come to save you! I'm here now! As well as my comrades! M'lady!Ó

Star's eyes stopped flickering for a moment, allowing the gundamess' purple eyes to stare intently into the Winged Knight's own turquoise ones. ÒR-Rei...Ó Her voice whispered, ÒKishi no Tsubasa... Zero...Ó As soon as she said the violet blue gundam's name her optics completely shut off, leaving the screens blank and dark. Her body then slumped backwards indicting her power and energy completely gone. Once more the turquoise gundamess was just a seemingly empty shell of gundamium.

ÒWell that went well!Ó Grappler said in an exasperated tone, breaking the stunned as well as pained silence, ÒWe save this captive princess or whatever she is only to learn she doesn't understand us or speak our language!Ó

ÒBut it doesn't make sense!! When she contacted me in Neotopia I could understand her fine! And we all heard that strange magical visitor from her world! It could speak well enough too!Ó Zero exclaimed, distraught at the condition of Star as well of the shocking language barrier. It did not make any sense that he could understand her before and now he could not. ÒAnd that time she healed me in the No-Man's-Zone...Ó

ÒShe's not... you know...Ó Shute began the young boy looking fearful and concerned, biting his lip as he looked at the blank face of the motionless gundamess.

ÒNo, she's alive. Just weak.Ó Zero quickly replied, feeling the orb in his chest throbbing. Was this due to fear or something else? It felt like a burning sensation and he felt slightly weak, some faintness sweeping over his consciousness but the knight fought it. The tingling sensation was present as well yet only as noticeable as a faint, half hearted whisper. ÒI think can feel the magic force within her but it's barely present.Ó

ÒYou don't happen to have a magic fueled IV pack on you, do you?Ó Zapper sarcastically asked Captain who he deemed the one to have the tools and means for anything and everything.

The Neotopian gundam for once ignored the remark and instead engaged his comlink system. ÒCalling Neotopian SDG base, this is Captain Gundam. Can you hear me Chief Haro? Bellwood? Juli? Chief Kao Lyn? This is Captain Gundam. We have established contact with Zero's Kendra informant. She is in need of medical aid. Requesting for use of the dimensional transport devise, over.Ó

Static was the only response heard.

ÒHere Captain, let's try me. Chief Haro did say something about our new wave amplifiers together might be enough to establish connection. I think.Ó GunEagle replied, the rookie stepping up, knowing the grave urgency of the matter. Together both Neotopian gundams stood about a foot apart, channeling communication waves between each other, being one another's living battery as Captain tried contact with his home world once more.

ÒThis is Captain Gundam of Neotopia. Do you read me, Ground Base? I am calling from the planet Kendra, over.Ó

There was silence over the com-system for a moment, as if sound had yet to reach across the universe to another planet where help was. Then came the brief patch of static, leaving the feeling of dread to sweep over the group once more.

Zero said nothing for a moment as he still clutched Star in his arms, his circuits buzzing with comprehension data and memory bank information. The Winged Knight looked once more at the pitiful, helpless form of the gundamess before finding access to use his voice processors once more. ÒUm, Captain. I'm afraid they can't hear us. And even if they can and are unable to answer, they will not be able to help us with the dimensional portal. Seeing as I was the last one through the portal, the DTD seems to have... well, broke. Or at least had been in the process of it right when I leapt through after the rest of you.Ó

ÒWhat do you mean the DTD broke!?Ó Bakunetsumaru exclaimed, horror unmistakable in his eyes. ÒCouldn't you have mentioned this before!?Ó The thought of being stranded on a frozen planet for however long obviously did not sit well with the Blazing Samurai of Ark. Kharn had been bad enough with the Koriarashi Palace and dealing with a blood thirsty fiery bird, Scourge, who had turned out in the end to be a valuable ally.

ÒI was preoccupied with other duties, sorry!Ó Zero shot back, not happy about this revelation either but mostly angry at himself forgetting along. His worrying over Star's condition could not be denied either, the emotions all exploding inside of him. ÒBesides, Bellwood said before we left it was a one way trip back as the portals to return would be uncertain due to magical interference.Ó

ÒWhat!? That stupid dimensional portal contraption of yours is broken again!? That is one of the most unreliable piece of junk hardware that I have ever seen!Ó Grappler exclaimed, throwing up his hands. ÒWhen we had the Zakorello Gate, we never had this problem! Getting thrown in the wrong dimension or dimensional travel simply not working... that was unheard of in the Dark Axis!Ó

ÒNo, you guys just sucked at invading and winning battles.Ó GunEagle remarked 'smirking' behind his mouthplate, his emerald eyes reflecting his amusement.

ÒWhy you...Ó Zapper started, the maroon robot looking furious and annoyed.

ÒHey, guys come on now. Fighting isn't going to solve anything.Ó Shute quickly interjected, not wanting a fight among allies to break out. ÒRight now we should figure out where we should go and do until we can get off this planet. This place could be teeming with the enemy in no time. I mean, after all I do believe we are in their territory if not headquarters.Ó

ÒGo where? The way we came? No offense Shute but I don't think I want to risk getting lost in that icy maze again. Besides we would be walled bats.Ó Bakunetsumaru argued, though he was willing to go with any plan to get out of here. This place freaked him out and made his circuits run cold.

ÒYou mean cornered cats.Ó The human boy lightly corrected, though he knew the musha gundam had a point.

ÒWell we can't stay here. Star's condition can get worse at any time.Ó Zero looked down at the turquoise gundamness, everything limp and lifeless. A cold hand seemed to clutch his Lacrux, the vital orb in his chest freezing up as if to match the Winged Knight's surroundings. ÒNo. I'm not going to let her die. Not anyone any more. Rowan was already one too many...Ó

Without warning an explosion violently rocked the room, catching everyone off guard as ice poured into the room, dust kicked up around the source. Shute's eyes stung from the bits of ice flying around the room and could not help coughing as he inhaled some of the fragments. The gundams and robots quickly shielded their eyes, not wanting the debris to fly and possibly hit and crack their optics.

ÒDah, Dom not make that boom.Ó The large robot spoke, thinking that he would be reprimanded by mistake due to the others thinking his carelessness had alerted the enemy. Still the Zako soldiers all let out an ÒEek!Ó and crowded behind Dom, believing their ex-Dark Axis leader could perform well as a shield. Slowly the dust began to settle away from the wall where the explosion had come from, a gapping hole now left in the wall. Outside the wind howled like a lonely starving creature begging for comfort in a meal of a victim who stumbled into its path. Crouching in front of the hole, posed for attack was a figure.

A gundam.

An orange gundam.

As the figure quickly straightened, looking alert, eyes scanning the room, confirming its location and number of enemies, it stopped as soon as it caught sight of the obviously conspicuous group standing in the middle of the room. Stealth was obviously not in its favor except speed was. Letting out what sounded like a savage growl, the figure leapt out of the dust and closer to the rescue part, revealing itself more clearly.

It was an orange gundamess.

ÒNani-tem‘?!Ó The orange gundamess growled, her brown eyes narrowed as she looked at each of the rescue party. She certainly did not look friendly nor happy to find them there in the room. Besides of the obviously dislike and distrust, the way she exclaimed what sounded like a foreign question it was rather rude. In her hand she clutched strange pieces of paper with symbols written on them but otherwise no weapons were present.

ÒLooks like the enemy has finally shown their face.Ó GunEagle spoke, his emerald eyes upon the feminine figure of his species. ÒTheir tragically beautiful face.Ó

ÒUgh, get a room and go write a poetry book.Ó Zapper looked grossed out though he tensed at the sight of the enemy. The enemy who had brainwashed him and incased him in a slab of ice like a piece of meat inside a freezer; like he didn't have enough trouble with being a supposed organic lover...

ÒQuick, get rid of her before she blows us all up or freezes us all or something!Ó Grappler instructed, obviously taking to the SDG members as his crew was without weapons save for his clawed hand.

ÒWhat's she going to do, paper cut us to death!?Ó Zapper demanded though he did not let down his guard for an instant. This enemy's powers and abilities were unknown. While she obviously was not the true evil she was most definitely one of the evil minions.

ÒCaptain, can't you understand what she's saying?Ó Bakunetsumaru asked the Neotopian gundam, the musha gundam ready to draw his blades, unsure if this figure before him was a true enemy. Normally his twin katana blades would be out in an instant but something inside him nagged him not too. What was it?

ÒNo, I can't. Parts to sound familiar to foreign vocabulary in my data banks, but nothing I can decipher into clear understanding or something that I can relay back to her.Ó Captain's blue eyes stared intently at the gundamess, his library of data quickly being scanned through while he scanned the female, trying to determine her origin and other bits of information about her. In a low voice he addressed the group, ÒDon't draw any weapons on her. If this is a misunderstanding, showing hostility will cause an immediate backlash and prove we are enemies.Ó

ÒYeah, but what if she is the enemy!?Ó Shute exclaimed, his green eyes wide, afraid at not knowing what the orange gundamess would do. Still everyone held their ground as they watched the opposing figure cautiously, ready to defend should she attack.
The newcomer appeared to be frowning though she still held her defensive position.

ÒWakarimasu-ka?Ó She spoke once more, this time her tone a bit curious. After a moment of blank stares she signed, mumbling what sounded like, ÒGaikokujin... Baka i-jin....Ó as she shook her head, causing the turquoise ribbon flowing from the back of her helmet to sway.

ÒPerhaps I can establish some understanding.Ó GunEagle suggested, puffing his chest out. If he had been a human, one would swear he'd toss up his hair, letting his hair be gracefully ruffle in some random but well-timed breeze before flashing a bright white smile that would blind any viewer watching. ÒI do after all have quite the way with woman!Ó

ÒHeh, yes, quite.Ó Bakunetsumaru murmured, rolling his brown eyes though he now had slid his blades partially out of their sheaths, still watching the inquiring yet dangerous looking female gundam.

Ignoring the Ark gundam's remark, GunEagle took a step toward the orange gundamess, holding out his hand. ÒPardon me, my good lady, but it seems that we have startled you. Perhaps you could show us a way out? Though I wouldn't mind being stuck here with you.Ó

Shute looked shocked and slightly embarrassed, just about giving into the urge to pull his hood over his face to avoid watching the impending negative reaction. Bakunetsumaru looked like he was going to gag but was still fighting to maintain his warrior's stature. However both Zapper Zaku and Grappler Gouf were rolling their eyes and doing mimics of sticking their tongue out and pointing their finger to the back on their mouth (that is they tried since they lacked open mouths as well as tongues).

Zero watched the gundamess out of the corner of his eye but was focusing most of his attention on Star, trying to get the turquoise gundamess to wake up once more. Still he felt slightly weak, as if part of his energy and soul had been taken from him. It was not painful, rather it felt like something was missing, like some heavy burden had been lifted from his body.

The orange gundamess held her ground, her eyes narrowing more, still posed in an attack stance. After a moment she said, ÒOshaberi.Ó but did nothing, though her eyes were obviously on Star's still form. Her hand tensed, grasping her mysterious pieces of paper tightly.

ÒHey, Captain! I think she understands!Ó GunEagle 'grinned' back at his superior officer before deciding to take another step forward toward the orange gundamess. However, before anyone could react, the gundamess moved in a blur, suddenly stepping forward to meet the rookie. In a quick spin, her foot knocked GunEagle's legs out from underneath, causing the aerial gundam to go face first into the ground with an ÒOof!Ó

ÒSawannai-de!Ó She spat with a quick flick of her wrist, releasing the tags from her hands. Instantly they landed on GunEagle, seemingly attaching themselves to them, binding his hands and feet like coils of rope. The young Neotopian gundam let out a yelp of surprise, his bright green eyes full of confusion and bewilderment.

ÒUh oh, Captain!Ó Shute said, his expression horrified. ÒIt looks like she's interested in Star and is not very happy to see us! I don't think she's on our side!Ó

ÒSo you are foreigners.Ó The gundamess suddenly spoke before Captain could respond to Shute, speaking perfectly understandable in their own language rather than her native one she had been solely talking in but moments ago. ÒI should have known when I first laid eyes on you... everyone of you baka

ÒUh, what's a baka?Ó Destroyer Dom asked in his deep voice, cocking his head at the orange gundamess.

ÒIdiot, moron, fool, take your pick.Ó The strange gundamess shrugged, though she hardly looked relaxed or in the mood for socializing. ÒIt's what you all are anyways for thinking you could mess with me and get away with it! Especially for trying to harm Hoshiko! I should have known HE would try something like this! Summoning warriors from another world!Ó

ÒWhoa, whoa whoa, let's stop for a moment!Ó GunEagle shouted as he struggled, trying to get out of his bound state. ÒThis is all a big misunderstanding, babe! This here is a rescue party not a what-ever-else-crew you think we are! Sure some of us might look strange-Ó Various glares were shot at the rookie but he continued, Òbut we're not enemies!Ó

ÒThe only thing you have right is that we're from another world.Ó Shute replied though after receiving a seething glace from the orange gundamess the boy added softly, ÒMiss.Ó

ÒAnd warriors!Ó Bakunetsumaru quickly interjected, feeling his pride of being a fierce and just samurai was at stake. Out of the corner of his eye he caught Shute doing a face palm while Grappler rolled his eye upward. Zapper muttered out of the corner of his mouth,
ÒNice going, moron. Now she'll see us as a definite threat.Ó

ÒWait!Ó Zero cried out, directing all attention to him. ÒWe're not enemies but how do we know you aren't?Ó The Lacroa gundam felt only hostility from the strange gundamess, not true evil malice as he had now grown accustomed to feeling thanks to his previous battles with evil. Still her intensions were unknown and it made him uneasy, especially when she seemed ready to pounce like a tigress. Still one question remained that he had to ask as well, ÒAnd who's Hoshiko?Ó

ÒShe is Hoshiko.Ó The tense gundamess replied, pointing at Star. ÒObviously you baka don't know that. She is my sister through oath and having pacts with the summon spirits.Ó Her brown eyes then hardened even more, ÒAnd she my leader.Ó

ÒHow come you can understand us? You didn't seem to only a few moments ago.Ó Grappler demanded, his pink eye narrowed in suspicion as well as dislike.

ÒI can understand you because I was taught multiple languages that exist within the universe, them revealed to us by the power of Kendra's heart and our communications having spanned to multiple worlds in past times. Also certain spells can give me some basic understanding to what you are saying.Ó The orange gundamess stiffly replied, ÒI was not sure if you could understand my native language or not so I naturally spoke it first. I was testing to see if you indeed could speak my language, but obviously you cannot.Ó At this she indicated to GunEagle with a light nod.

ÒIf she's your leader then you were breaking in just now to save her right?Ó Shute quickly asked, the human boy feeling a spark of hope and having found a possible diversion to a fight. ÒWe're all on the same time then! We've come here to Kendra to save her!Ó

ÒNani?Ó The orange gundamess exclaimed, her surprise undeniable as well as the instant look of doubt and suspicion. ÒUso!Ó She growled, her brown eyes narrowing, ÒSonna-no uso-yo!Ó She took a hostile step toward GunEagle, ready to use him as a hostage or means for barter in order to get ahold of Star. ÒDeceivers.Ó The word was spat with much distaste.

ÒStar, I mean Hoshiko, has contacted me through what I can only deem as a telepathic magic connection to ask for my assistance.Ó Zero quickly spoke up, trying to straighten himself but struggled as he still gripped the unconscious gundamess, suddenly feeling some energy leave him. ÒI am ashamed to say I have only just arrive despite her previous pleas. Please take my word and honor as a knight of Lacroa that I am here to protect her as well as try to help you restore your planet back to its original state. I failed my promise before, but let me regain this trust.Ó

The orange gundamess watched the Lacroa gundam closely, her brown eyes locked on him like a hawk on a mouse. After what seemed like long moments, she spoke, her tone surprisingly lighter, ÒI believe you. I believe you're not the enemy. If you were truly villainous you would have attacked me as soon as I captured your comrade and accused you.Ó

ÒPhew, well that's good.Ó Shute sighed, the young human's heart taking it as a cute to slow down on its quickened pace. ÒNow we can all get along and stop intimidating one another.Ó

ÒBut just because I believe you doesn't mean I'll trust you completely. Right now let's simply call this a truce and get out of here.Ó The orange gundamess wagged a finger at the boy, giving all the members of the group a hard look. She then straightened up, placing her hand over the purple orb in her chest. ÒI am JunMai. JunMai the spirit blessed Summoner and second in command to Hoshiko.Ó

ÒI'm Zero, the Winged Knight of Lacroa.Ó Zero dipped his head in a politeness. ÒThese are my friends and comrades.Ó

ÒI'm Shute and this is Captain Gundam.Ó The brown haired boy gestured to himself then to his military gundam friend. Now that JunMai had relaxed a bit and be seen better, Shute noticed that her body armor design reminded him a bit like Cobramaru without his armor. ÒWe're from Neotopia.Ó

ÒI am Bakunetsumaru, Blazing Samurai of Ark.Ó The samurai took a step forward, striking a warrior's pose.

ÒSave introductions for later.Ó Zapper Zaku suddenly cut in before more names could be said. ÒMy circuits are running cold standing in this refrigerator besides I have a bad feeling.Ó

ÒYeah, I agree.Ó GunEagle added, the rookie calling attention to himself, ÒBut first if you don't mind, could you undo these?Ó

With a snap of her fingers, JunMai's strange pieces of paper seemingly loosened and fell off of the aerial gundam. Once detached the long thin cuts of paper flew back into the orange gundamess' open hand. Other than that, the female gundam did not cast her gaze toward GunEagle, turning a blind eye. ÒWe need to leave this place immediately.Ó

ÒSure just lead the way but I for one am not going the way you came in.Ó Grappler folded his arms, nodding his head toward the hole in the wall. ÒBesides with all that racket from the explosion, I would be expecting some sign of the enemy by now.Ó

ÒPardon me, but I was expecting to break in, grab Hoshiko and then get out before something could happen.Ó JunMai shot a look at Grappler. ÒHowever if I can get in a place I can get out. So if you planning on coming with me, get going.Ó The orange gundamess waved the group toward her. ÒI know a passage we can quickly get out of, plus it will be hard for anyone to pursue us.Ó

ÒWhy didn't you just take the tunnel up into here?Ó Zapper asked, skeptical of this so called second in command. He had more experience then this female when it came to making up plans. Though nearly none of them were fool proof.

ÒYou would rather run through a blizzard to get away? It was possible I could set something off getting in here through the tunnel, causing it to collapse. They're constructed so you can get out but not in. At least, that's how that tyrant willed this place to be though even then he changes how it works; our escape route is uncertain.Ó JunMai quickly said as she headed for the doors they came through. ÒI'm counting on you to guard Hoshiko while I lead the way, otherwise I would do it.Ó

ÒWilled?Ó Shute whispered, just realizing how much power this unnamed villain had. He had made this castle with his magic? If not, he at least had enough power to influence the interior.

ÒUh, is it just me or did something move just now?Ó GunEagle questioned, the rookie not sounding sure though caution was in his voice. ÒI thought statue used to be over there.Ó He gestured where now there was a large gap between a couple of the statues. The large path of nothingness did have some eerie feeling about it once everyone turned their gaze upon it. It was another strange feeling that in fact GunEagle had noticed that simple detail; very uncharacteristic.

ÒWatch out!Ó JunMai yelled, tackling Zapper Zaku as something suddenly lunged at him, its jaws snapping at where the burgundy gundam had just been standing, causing the zako soldiers to scatter as they emitted shrill cries. Together the gundamess and the robot slid away from the attacker, JunMai scrambling to get up while Bakunetsumaru let out a yelp, his pupils small in horror.

ÒW-what is that!?Ó

ÒK_ri no hugo-sha! Ice guardians! This whole room must be filled with them!Ó JunMai exclaimed as the massive ice statue swung its head, searching for its escaped intended victim, dragging its claws across the icy floor. It was none other than the one GunEagle had nearly run into earlier; the massive monster dragon bird. How unfortunate.

ÒWhen we released Star and took her past a certain point it must have set off some kind of booby trap.Ó Captain exclaimed, his green scanner flicking over his eye as he pulled out his beam sword, ready to fend off the enchanted creature. ÒRefrain from use of missiles and bullets! We may weaken the room structure on accident and cause it to collapse on us.Ó

The biggest sculpture in the room had to come alive. What was worse was that it was intelligent, not acting as a bind attack dog. As it swung its head away from Captain to avoid a blow, its pupil-less eyes turned toward Zero and the unconscious Star to which a grin formed on its face. It knew what prey it was suppose to recapture.

ÒYeah but I hate to tell you, Captain, that that's not the one that's missing!Ó GunEagle shouted just as a shadow passed over him. The rookie bent and did a barrel roll, barely escaping the snapping jaws of another ice sculpture that had come to life. ÒUh, never mind I think I found it!Ó With emerald eyes on the ice guardian, GunEagle pulled out his beam saber. ÒLet's see just how much an energy beam works against a walking Frosty.Ó

ÒUgh! I should have known he had set something up like this!Ó JunMai fumed as she pulled out more pieces of paper. ÒHe doesn't care if you get in. He wants you to stay in so he can capture you and drain your power then set you up like a nice frozen trophy!Ó The orange gundamess shouted the last sentence, emotion tinting in her voice. Her brown eyes were set hard and full of hate as she looked at the creations of her planet's torturer and Star's captor.

ÒI've always wanted to do some ice carving.Ó Grappler Gouf smirked as another statue came to life, advancing toward the blue robot. Flexing his clawed hand, the ex-commander leapt forward just as the wolf like ice guardian did. With practiced strike, Grappler's claws sunk into the ice creature's face, sawing through as he pulled to the side.
With quick recoil, Grappler ripped his claws out his opponent, ripping off the creature's bottom jaw. The creature took a step back, seemingly surprised though it didn't utter a cry as it tried to open and close its mouth. Grappler's smile widened, ÒHah! Not so tough without a mouth, eh?Ó

ÒHey! Frostbite!Ó Zapper Zaku called out, getting the wounded ice guardian's attention. With a loud shout, the maroon robot charged and football style slammed into it with his shoulder, driving his shoulder spikes into its body. The wolfish creature's legs kicked and it let out noise of frustration, only to be silence as Zapper ran it into the wall, the force being enough to cause cracks form across its body. It then dropped to the ground, unmoving as the cracks continued. The dark red took a few steps back, puffing for breath though he stuck his chest out as he pointed at his fallen opponent. ÒJust because I don't have any guns doesn't mean I'm out for the count!Ó

ÒShute, come over here so I can protect you and Star.Ó The Winged Knight called out, beckoning the boy to his side. He had to watch the human boy while Captain was fighting or else Shute might get hurt if another ice guardian suddenly appeared. Besides he needed help getting Star out of the room. They had come too far to just let her get recaptured. He wanted to fight but he sensed that his magic was weakening and his energy was dropping, making him most likely useless in this battle, if not a hindrance.

ÒCan you lend me some strength to carry her?Ó Zero asked as Shute scuttled over to him as quickly as he could, though still shouting encouragement at Captain. The brown haired boy nodded his head and prepared himself to take on some weight as he went on the opposite side of Star. Shute could not help let out a grunt as Star's weight pressed on his shoulder but he was determined to help Zero out.

ÒWe have to get out of this room and seal it off!Ó The boy exclaimed to the Winged Knight, a horrified look at his face. They were basically standing in the middle of a nest of these false creatures and to escape they would have to barricade the monsters in.

If they all could get out.

ÒHn, ya!Ó Captain shouted as he jumped at his opponent, swinging his beam sword, aiming it at its leg. The animated ice sculpture dragon bird flapped its wings, causing a gust to knock the military gundam back. Moving its head like a snake, it quickly struck out at Captain, aiming to catch him in its jaws. When it missed the swift Neotopian gundam, the large creature lashed its taloned foot out, causing a tremor to shake the whole room. Trying to stabilize himself as the ground quivered, sounds of ice cracking reaching his sensors, Captain exclaimed, ÒShute! Zero! You two go for the exit with Star while we keep these things occupied!Ó JunMai rushed to assist the military gundam while Bakunetsumaru cut into what looked like a ice version of a typical gargoyle only it was spitting out chunks of ice as a form of attack.

ÒGrr, ugh. Man you're one tough snow dude.Ó GunEagle spoke to his opponent, the creature's blank eyes fixed on him. He had managed to whack off an ear and the tail which it had become accustomed to try and whip him with but it was still standing. What was worse was that it did not seem tired and it was much bigger than him. Perhaps by five feet. ÒYou sure you're not related to Frosty? How about Jack Frost?Ó

The creature only let out a growl and dropped down to all fours as it had been standing upright. It was like a crocodile and some dinosaur mixed together with some other unknown creature.

ÒWoah!Ó GunEagle exclaimed as he barely dogged the severed creature's tail. It landed with a thud behind him with what looked like a stinger at the end twitching since it had missed puncturing his armor. Psh, as if ice could pierce gundamium... or could it on this wacko planet? His mindless opponent took chance at this distraction and leapt for the gundam, claws and teeth ready to latch on.

ÒDah, make enemy go boom!Ó Destroyer Dom's voice caught the rookie's attention as the large robot was grappling with what looked like a strange ice hippo with razor sharp teeth. With not so much a grunt, the largest ex-Dark Axis lord grabbed the hippo thing behind its front legs and lifted it while it tried to swing its head around to latch onto him. Then with a throw that was certainly herculean, the red and purple robot tossed the creature toward GunEagle's opponent. Instantly the two of them collided, knocking themselves into a pillar as they began to crack in response to the tremendous force. Sure enough the two began to shatter though they continued to move, only much more sluggish, reflecting their damage and process of dying.

ÒAh, much obliged big guy.Ó GunEagle thanked, giving a small 'smile' to Destroyer Dom who looked very pleased with himself. The rookie guessed some help once in a while wasn't a bad thing, though eventually he would have taken that thing down. Still there was more then enough to go around as more of the creatures were appearing. Some rather large ones in fact, almost big enough to rival the ice dragon bird.

ÒYou! Baka-maru!Ó JunMai shouted as she let another spell tag fly through the air, it latching onto the cheek of the ice dragon bird. With a quick hand motion the paper glowed before letting out a 'boom'. The massive ice guardian let out a shriek as it stumbled, now blinded in one eye with part of its face missing. Captain quickly took advantage of the blind spot and came from the injured side. The orange gundamess masterfully distanced herself from the biggest opponent, receiving a nod of thanks from Captain. ÒCome over here! I need you for something.Ó

ÒIt's Bakunetsumaru!Ó The musha gundam corrected but hastened over to where JunMai stood, but not before blocking and countering an attack from another ice guardian with his twin katana blades. ÒUm, no offense but I don't think your pieces of paper are enough to stop these guys. Even if they explode I think they'll just get angrier.Ó

ÒYou're right, they can't since those monsters can't feel pain except for when it comes to being blinded, but I do have something that can, with your help. I need to buy time for all of us to escape and get Star out of here.Ó The orange gundamess pulled out a strange looking spell tag, her brown eyes confident. ÒJust protect me as I preform the ceremony, please. With that, you shall witness the power of a spirit blessed Summoner.Ó Without another word to the samurai, JunMai closed her eyes and did a pivot, dragging one foot on the ground to make a visible circle in the ice as she did a 360 turn.

In an enchanting voice, JunMai spoke as she spun, performing light steps within the circle. ÒOh great spirit beasts with whom I have a pact of a life time; A promise to fulfill my duty of honor and servitude to uphold the laws of my homeland and protect the people, please heed my call for your bidding.ÓBakunetsumaru had no idea what was going on, with all these ÒsummonsÓ though he figured it might be something to do with beings like Fenn and Scourge. Still the musha took on the enemy even with out being told for that was his duty as a warrior, as a samurai. To protect those in need.

JunMai continued her ceremony as Bakunetsumaru fended off any ice guardians targeting the orange gundamess, cleaving one's head in two.ÒI bring forth the contract with the spirit of the heavenly currents to beckon your service. Now answer...Ó Her eyes opened, focused as they glowed purple as well as her orb in her chest. With a flick of the wrist, she thrust her hand forward, pinching the spell tag between two fingers. ÒI summon thee! Come forth, Kaze no Seishin! Kazane!Ó

A pillar of light exploded from the circle, with JunMai as the center before it expanded out, knocking several of the animated ice sculptures back. From the expanding light something shot out, a shrill but melodious sound echoing in the icy room. When the light dimmed it revealed a large light sea green bird like creature with a long neck and tail. As majestic as it looked, something about it was overpowering and frightening, wildness obvious in its eyes and form.

Bakunetsumaru stared in shock and awe as the creature dived down toward the remaining lifeless statues that had not yet sprung into action, opening its beak to unleash a torrent of song and wind, causing the ice creations to shatter from the high frequency. A low moan caught the samurai's attention, causing him to turn his eyes toward JunMai who was teetering. Quickly he rushed to her side, catching the orange gundamess before her knees hit the ground. ÒAre you alright? T-that... that was amazing! I doubt Zero can even do something like that!Ó

ÒHeh, thanks. You make a great yojimbo. Bodyguard.Ó JunMai spoke weakly, the Kendrian gundamess looking shook up, her irises now brown once more. ÒI just need to catch my breath first though. I used up too much energy before the summon and didn't prepare enough time so I'm light headed. Stupid.Ó She slapped her head with her hand, rolling her eyes upward out of frustration. ÒBut go back to your fight; I can take care of myself and not be a burden to you. Thank you though.Ó The orange gundamess sat up rubbing her head before giving her protector a nod.

The Blazing Samurai figured it would be useless to argue anything different. Besides, JunMai looked very capable of taking care of herself. She certainly was not the damsel in the distress type. When Bakunetsumaru turned he swore GunEagle was looking at him. Rather hard. It was as if he said ÒI saw what you did thereÓ but the Blazing Samurai was completely clueless as to what. He was just doing his duty as an honorable samurai.

ÒGah, making ice thingies go boom. They keep coming though.Ó Destroyer Dom commented as he gave a feline like ice sculpture a whack with a pole he had managed to find and now brandished as a makeshift weapon. ÒMe wish I had bomb or gun. Need weapons.Ó

ÒI hear you bud.Ó GunEagle commented as he was suddenly tackled by what appeared to be a winged snake with arms. The rookie let out a grunt as the ice guardian grabbed at him, managing to wiggled out of its grip and kick it while delivering an upper cut with his fist. Seizing the moment to escape, GunEagle swung his beam sword's blade at the creature, managing to slice one wing and arm off. ÒSnakes!? Why must there always be some kind of snake I end of fighting lately!?Ó

ÒIf I had any bullets I'd make sure they all ate lead!Ó Zapper shouted as he instead punched his opponent in the mouth, causing his fist to erupt through the back of its head. Quickly he rotated his wrist and pulled it back out as he gave his opponent a kick, causing it to fall away from him.

ÒGuys! Come on!Ó Shute exclaimed as he and Zero neared the exit with Star still unconscious between them. Fortunately for them the ice guardians were focused on the other members of the rescue party and were not attacking.

ÒWhat the kid said! Head for the exit! Kazane will take care of the rest of the creatures and buy us some time! Now go!Ó JunMai called out, waving her hand toward the exit as she tried to regain her strength, determination in her brown eyes as she stood up. Still she pulled out a multitude of new spell tags, each between a finger and threw it at the alive statues nearing her. With a quick hand sign from JunMai their moments were instantly restricted and they were struggling on the spot to get free as the orange gundamess made her way toward the exit with her binding spell in obvious effect.

ÒAlright, you heard the lady! Let's go!Ó Grappler announced, kicking an animated ice statue as it tried to get up from the spot it had fallen yet still trying to attack him.
The giant ice dragon bird seemed to know what JunMai had said for it immediately lashed out and slammed into the entry way, causing it to collapse as the doors crumbled and a pillar fell over. Shute and Zero immediately halted their escape, standing in horror as they held onto the unconscious Star, their escape route now destroyed.

ÒUgh! The exit is blocked what do we do?Ó Zapper shouted as the maroon robot slid to a stop as he too had started to retreat, the mixed member group now caught between a blocked exit and a giant ice monster.

ÒQuick, to the other side of the room! Captain shouted as he whirled his beam sword around, cleaving an animated ice statue's head off its body. The Neotopian gundam waved his free hand toward the direction as he had a split second to spare.

As fast as they could, those on the side of the blocked exit raced to the other side of the room. Catching the movement the giant ice bird tried to snap at them but JunMai's summon creature, Kazane, slammed into it, ramming the enemy into the wall. The wind bird then let out a cry as it banged the false ice bird against the wall but the large ice guardian snapped at Kazane, raking its sharp ice claws into the flesh and blood summon.

ÒThis is beyond nuts!Ó Grappler shouted as he let out a yell as he dove onto the ground to avoid being slammed by Kazane as the giant bird fell crashed to the floor from its opponent's attack.

ÒAll we're doing is running around like chickens with our heads cut off!Ó Bakunetsumaru exclaimed as he dodged another normal sized ice guardian, quickly maneuvering both his katana blades to slice off its head.

ÒAny more intense battling in this room and the whole place is going to collapse on us!Ó Shute whitened as the human realized their situation was growing grimmer by the second, the pillars quivering as the two giant beasts fought and rammed into the walls. Still he clutched harder onto his burden as Zero tried to lessen the weight of Star by shifting her more onto his shoulder but their pace across the room was still far from swift due to the deadweight gundamium person.

ÒJump!Ó JunMai screamed as she chucked another spell tag, it glowing brightly before attaching itself onto one of the large ice gargoyles who was just coming to life. As soon as the tag made contact its light grew even brighter before exploding, leaving a cloud of smoke. The creature lurched forward through the smoke, only to reveal it now lacked a head but still ready to fight. Its limbs thrashed around as it grasped blindly for its victims.
ÒI do believe Miss JunMai is correct! We must jump if we want to escape here with less injuries as well as our lives.Ó Captain shouted as he tried to give some cover to the fleeing rescue party.

ÒJump!? Jump where!? There's nothing but a wind-oh...Ó Bakunetsumaru began but stopped, his pupils growing small upon realization of the orange gundamess' order. The red musha gundam slowly edged toward the giant hole in the wall where JunMai had entered through. He froze as he looked outside, the snowstorm blowing savagely. What scared him however was what was below. Nothing. Absolute nothing but the blindness of snow except for brief gaps that revealed a dark below.

ÒJust juuuuump!Ó The orange gundamess screamed once more, barreling into the Blazing Samurai. Instantly Bakunetsumaru let out a yell of terror as both gundam beings tumbled out the window and fell into the white abyss below, the sounds dying away as the howling wind muffled them and the noise of battle above roared over.

ÒBakunetsumaru!Ó Shute exclaimed as his friend disappeared from view. The human could not help loosen his grip on Star as he let go to rush to where the samurai had disappeared.

ÒShute! Here!Ó Captain called out as he slice and kicked an out reaching ice guardian with a bear-like appearance. Quickly the military gundam grabbed Shute's arm and pulled the human close, ÒStick close to me so I'll protect you from the impact. My flight boosters should ease our landing a bit.Ó Shute gave a nod though his green eyes were full of worry and fear, not sure if Captain would be able to prevent any harm from happening to either one of them.

ÒOut of my way!Ó Grappler exclaimed, pushing past the gathering gundams. ÒIf it's die up here due to lack of weapons or chance surviving a giant fall, I'll take the fall.Ó With that the blue robot summoned what courage he could muster and leapt through the giant makeshift hole that served as a window to the outside. Instantly Grappler flipped around and dug his clawed hand into wall he was falling past. With the sharp claws sunk into the layers of ice and snow coated on the ice fortress's wall, the blue robot's decent slowed a bit but he still descended at an accelerated rate.

The small horde of zako soldiers quickly took a look back toward the amassing ice guardians and the large leader who was still battling with JunMai's wind bird, Kazane. They trembled in fear as they looked out the window but as the savage living ice sculptures advanced toward them, the little robots decide to take their chances outside. Quickly all of them huddle together and jumped out the hole in the wall, letting out terrified screams of ÒZakoooooo!Ó

ÒZero, you won't be able to make it carrying Star too!Ó GunEagle suddenly exclaimed as the rookie backed up to where the others were, eyeing the nearest foes that were still struggling with their spell tag binds. ÒEven I can't carry another gundam, especially one who is a dead weight; even as pretty of a dead weight she is.Ó

ÒHe's right, Zero. We don't have much time. Perhaps GunEagle could jump with Shute while I take Star since I believe my current form could support her weight. Though I am not entirely sure.Ó

ÒI...Ó Zero began but the Winged Knight was not sure what to say nor was he able to continue for he was interrupted.

ÒDah... Me will take unconscious lady gundam. Me strong and big enough to carry her.Ó Destroyer Dom surprisingly volunteered, the large robot lumbering over.

ÒThat's mighty charitable of you big guy.Ó GunEagle commented giving the large robot a quick pat on the arm as it was impossible for the gundam to reach his shoulder by simply standing.

ÒAlright, if the big D says he will do it, let him do it.Ó Zapper exclaimed as the maroon robot tried to work up his courage to jump out the hole. If he looked down he would be frozen with fear. ÒIn the mean time, I'm going!!Ó He then rushed toward the hole and took a flying leap before letting out a terrified scream as he tumbled downward, not knowing what awaited him below.

ÒUh, Captain.Ó Shute spoke pointing at the binding tags on the ice guardians which were starting to glow and tear. ÒI think we should go now!Ó

ÒZero, I'm taking Shute down. If you don't follow within five minutes I shall return.Ó
The Winged Knight nodded as Captain stepped toward the hole, Shute wrapping his arms around the military gundam's neck to assure himself a sure grip to not be separated from his friend. With determined dark blue eyes Captain launched himself outside, holding Shute tight as they began their rapid decent, Captain's fight boosters kicking on to counter against the massive gravitational pull.

ÒAlright Dom, you may take Star. Just... be careful with her.Ó Zero turned toward Dom as he supported Star's weight completely now that Shute was gone.

ÒDah, I will.Ó Came the simple reply though as Dom reached down and lifted Star off Zero's shoulder, the large usually brutish robot gently grabbed the unconscious gundamess before placing her in the crook of his arms. Star's arm dangled on the side, causing her to look even more lifeless in addition to her dimmed optic screens. Securing his hold on the gundamess Dom gave a slow nod to Zero before he too jumped out the window. Zero felt his vocal processors fail him as he watched the two of them disappear, his chest immediately hurting from the mere watch of the plunge. The only thing he could do was hope that everyone was safe and that Destroyer Dom would keep his word.

ÒYou go next, Zero. I'll cover you. Besides, shouldn't a man stick with his girl?Ó GunEagle spoke, surprising the Winged Knight.

ÒW-what?Ó Zero stuttered but was met by a wink from GunEagle who waved the Winged Gundam to go as Kazane and the giant ice guardian slammed into the ground together, causing the whole room to shake. He was about to protest about GunEagle's remark but instead responded with a nod, ÒAlright, but you'd better be right behind me!Ó
ÒOf course! Can't keep a good gundam like me down!Ó

Zero decided to put his trust in GunEagle and turned toward the escape route once more. Feeling the orb in his chest pounding with an anticipation the Winged Knight said a silent prayer to Mana and guided this thoughts toward his homeland and Princess Rele. Then he jumped, plummeting through the unknown distance toward the ground. The chilling wind around him bit at him, howling in his audio sensors. Instantly Zero kicked on his flight boosters and his decent halted for a moment.

It only took a few more seconds for Zero to reach the ground due to his speed. Still as soon as he landed the Winged Knight was thankful to be on the ground for once. The icy wind alone was enough to chill him and cause his circuits to ache. The rest of the group was nearby save for GunEagle who lurked above. JunMai however was preoccupied with examining Star whom Destroyer Dom was still holding.

ÒJust how did you get up there!?Ó Zero gawked as he looked up from where he had jumped.

ÒI climbed of course. Then I used an explosive spell tag to break in while using part of my power to enhance my jump ability.Ó JunMai quickly explained, not delving into details.

ÒW-w-where is GunEagle?Ó Shute asked through chattering teeth as the human boy mentally fought against the winter elements. Now out of the palace there were no structures to serve as a shelter against the snow and winds.

ÒLook out below!!Ó An all too familiar voice called though it was instantly drowned out by the ferocious icy winds that raged above. Within moments GunEagle's figure was seen descending from above, his beam sword in his hand.

ÒPhew! What a ride!!Ó The rookie exclaimed as he too landed on the ground, instantly turning off his beam sword. ÒThough I think we'd better book it out of here. Your big bird up there wasn't looking too good right when I leapt out plus those freaky ice statues were starting to swarm toward the opening in the wall.Ó

ÒKazane won't last much longer as the time for the summon is almost up.Ó JunMai replied, looking up from checking on Star. ÒI only summoned him to buy us time.Ó
ÒYeah, so I suggest we get out of here before those freaks decide to try to join us down here!Ó Grappler snapped irritably as he lightly shook from the cold as it began to get into his armor and near his circuits.

ÒWhat he said and also before we are turned back into giant ice pops again!Ó Zapper added, trembling as well and looking equally irritable.

ÒMiss JunMai, is there a shelter some where nearby we could take refuge in to regroup? We won't fair long in this weather though I am particular worried about Shute.Ó Captain responded, gesturing to the shivering boy. ÒAlso it is urgent that I establish contact with our home world.Ó

ÒAnything to get us out of this cold!Ó Bakunetsumaru exclaimed, the musha gundam particularly not enjoying the weather. Being the Blazing Samurai in harsh winter conditions made him uncomfortable. That and he didn't feel right, the fire within him seeming different then usual.

ÒThat's my intention; I need to get Hoshiko back to our camp as soon as we can. She's worse off then I thought.Ó JunMai waved her hand to her unconscious leader. ÒYou are all welcomed to come along as I owe you for aiding me with the rescue. But we must be swift as it is far from this place and the enemy will be right on our tails.Ó

ÒI agree, our time for short respite is over unless we want to get caught or freeze to death on the spot.Ó Zero spoke, knowing that they were in the open for any enemy's attack. Still he could not deny the creeping feeling that not everything was all right, particularly the still not moving figure of Star worried him. Would she be all right? Would they be all right in this foreign ice land?

Just then a roar from above caused everyone to freeze.

ÒI uh, I think now would be a good time to play follow the leader.Ó GunEagle spoke up, pointing a finger upward to indicate the enemy that was some where above them.

ÒAlright everyone, let's move!Ó Captain instructed, giving JunMai the signal to show them way to their only hope of shelter against all the forces that the planet threw at them.
ÒI just hope all you gundams and other sorts are fast on your feet.Ó JunMai quickly replied before she gave instructions to Dom to hand Star over to her, not fully trusting the carefulness of the large robot to not drop or shake Star too badly. ÒWe're going to be fast and honestly I don't think any of you are use to snowy terrains.Ó

ÒOh sure, how hard can running on snow and ice really be?Ó Grappler smartly replied as Zero joined JunMai's side to carry Star.

Unfortunately Grappler as well as everyone else quickly found out what a true challenge it was to cross the frozen land on open terrain. Only the roars from the castle were the things that hastened their pace as well as their battle against the biting cold.

Now it was just a race against time before they all froze to death.

Or eaten.


~*--------------------------------------*~

~Author's note:
First off~ Translations!!

Kishi no Tsubasa: Knight of Wings
Tasukete: Help
Nani-teme: Who do you think you are?
Wakarimasu-ka:
Do you understand?
Gaikokujin: Foreigner ("person from outside the country." Apparently a slightly rude term)
Baka i-jin: Stupid/Fool alien
Sawannai-de: Don't touch me!
Baka: Idiot/Fool/Stupid
Nani: What?
Uso: Liar/Lie
Sonna-no uso-yo: That's a lie!

*Names:
JunMai: Obedient Dance
Kazane: the sound of wind.

***I'm going to try to keep foreign words in italics and do emphasized words in bold or all caps so that way there is no confuse as to what words are ÒnativeÓ words and if I'm trying to communicate a strong point with a word. (Though if you know some Japanese you can tell what’s what.)

NOTE: When JunMai asks who they are (Roughly ÒWho do you think you are?Ó) she uses the masculine form (teme), which is considered tough/rude. A girl does not use that unless they're a gangster or want to be tough/intimidating. Girls are suppose to use generally 'anata', the female form of 'you' which is a sense of endearment as girls are suppose to be kind and loving or at least polite. However JunMai is hardly going to use that verb because she would be basically screaming ÒWho do you dears think you are?Ó

Anyone besides me convinced that Destroyer Dom is really a genius but simply hides it to contrast sharply with Zapper and Grappler? He's a weapon maniac but really passionate! He's such a simple minded guy but even simple minded guys can be genius!! That's what they call nerds/geeks! The suck at socializing but is truly amazing! (ÒBig Bang TheoryÓ anyone? Haha, Sheldon.)
Though I think Zapper really gets the trophy for most considerate out of the trio. I mean, sure he bad mouths the Zakos all the time in the 1st season and then 2nd season he's Mr. Brainwashed-I-have-to-love-organics-and-clean but he does rightly care for the Zakos, as shown in his origin story. Plus he did put up with all the flowers so... There's hope! XD
</end random Zapper fangirling>

And did anyone else notice in the show Captain would sometimes state a problem that needed to be fixed and once someone had said they would take care of it, he would volunteer to help them? (On those occasions where he did not volunteer himself first... but STILL. Lol. State first, request help, then end up being part of the solution instead of asking for assistance as you tried to help first. :P) Also I know I tend to make GunEagle a bit more stuck up and comical than he is in the show. I know he has a lot of respect for Captain as he is his idol, but let's face it, he definitely wants to surpass his idol some day though he still greatly respects him. I do try to equally pick on all the characters. ;)

Also regarding a previous statement, I lied about GunEagle's VA being the same as Zelos Wilder's (Tales of Symphonia). Haha... Their voices and personality were so a like, I got mixed up in my brain that they WERE the same voice actors. Nope, not right! SO! GunEagle will only make salutes to the character since to me they are parallel universe and worlds of each other. Haha.))

Converting /tmp/phpGGSUbo to /dev/stdout