SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Lights, Camera, Zako! ❯ ZakoZako Hour! ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“ZakoZako Hour!”
The curtain rose up on a stage, where three Zako Soldiers, armed with a differently colored/shaped microphone, stood in formation.
“Welcome, ladies and gentlebots,” The Zako with the red/sphere mic began, bowing. The other two did likewise. “Today's meeting is all about…”
What exactly is Blazing Samurai, zako!?” The three Zakos cheered.
“Zako-zako!” Exclaimed Zako1.
“I know what Blazing Samurai is, zako!” The Zako with the blue/square microphone said, hand raised.
“Tell us, zako.” Zako1 said, looking at him.
Zako2 looked very triumphant. “Blazing Samurai is the nickname Bakunetsumaru goes by, referencing his fiery Tenkyo-Ken technique!”
Zako1 facefaulted. “Besides that, zako!”
“Ooh, I know!” The Zako with the yellow/triangle microhone said. “Blazing Samurai is English for Honoo Musha!
Zako1 hit the floor again.
“Nooo!” Zako1 yelled, jumping up. Calming himself down, he said, “Blazing Samurai is the name of the movie we are making.”
“Ohhh!” Zakos 2 and 3 said, realizing.
A `?' appeared in Zako2's eye. “But why would there be a movie like that?”
“Allow me to explain, zako.” Zako1 began. “You see, it all starts back in the beginning of the Dark Axis' attacks on Neotopia, zako.”
“I miss those days, zako.” Zako3 commented.
“After Zapper Zaku attacked a park in Neotopia, the people began to notice our battles.” Continued Zako1, “Zako, so in order to explain the fighting without causing a panic, the leader of Neotopia, Mayor Margaret Gathermoon told everyone that a movie was being made, and the explosions were special effects.”
A `?' appeared in Zako3's eye. “But why make a movie now?”
“I think I can explain that, zako.” Zako2 said. “Earlier I interviewed the director to find out how he came to know about us. Screen please, zako.”
The screen lit up to show Bob on his cell phone. A small captioned near the bottom read, `Recorded from 12:00'.
“Look, I'll have the money ready; just give me at least two months before…” Bob suddenly noticed the camera on him. “Get that !*&# camera out!” He roared, throwing a brick at the camera. The screen became static.
The three zakos stared, sweating.
“Uh, after he calmed down,” Zako2 continued uneasily, “He told me that Mayor Margaret was a in the college drama club he ran, and she told him about what happened here in Neotopia.”
“Was there any point to showing that video, zako?” Zako1 asked.
“Not really, zako.” Admitted Zako2.
“Zako.” Concurred Zako3.
“Come to think of it, that guy, Bob, is kinda shady, Zako.” Zako1 thought aloud.
“Yeah, you're right, Zako,” Zako3 concurred. “I heard him tell everyone that if guys in black suits show up, he's not here. Isn't that shady, zako?”
“It sure is, zako.” Zako2 decided.
The three Zakos shared a little laugh when…
“Hey! What's going on!?”
Bob's image filled the screen. A caption said, `live broadcast'.
“What is this, a strike!?” Bob roared, his voice coming in on the loudspeaker. “That's it, you deadbeats, you're all fired!”
The Zakos panicked.
“Nooo!” Zako1 wailed.
“We need this job!” Zako2 cried in despair.
“Please don't fire us!” Zako3 begged, getting on his hands and knees.
Bob looked very triumphant. “So glad to hear it. In fact, sense you showed so much moxie, I'm thnking of doubling your pay. So, clock in tomorrow, we start the actual shooting of the movie. Bob out!”
The screen went blank, and the Zakos celebrated, dancing wildly.
“Yay! We got to keep our jobs!” Zako1 cheered.
“And get double pay!” Zako2 squealed.
“And we used to make nothing!” Zako3 laughed.
“And…nothing doubled is…” Zako1 began to slow down.
“Nothing.” Zako2 finished.
The Zako dance ceased, and the curtain lowered.
“Um, anyway everyone, until we can form a union and go on strike…”
“Zako Soldiers fight! Yeah!”