SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Lights, Camera, Zako! ❯ Dog day ( Chapter 20 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Gundam Force were walking on the streets of Neotopia, getting some fresh air. A brief break in the filming had been called when Bob suffered a nervous(Though somewhat hilarious) breakdown.
And so, there they were, all five of them, taking a moment to explore the city four of them had defended, showing Princess Rele all the sights.
Shute casually deposited the soda bottle he just finished off into a recycling bin when he felt a slight pressure in his bladder.
“Uh, I gotta use the bathroom,” Shute spoke up.
As the gang waited outside a public restroom, a potbellied man in a plaid cap came by, with a great dane on a leash.
“Hey, could you watch Mel here while I'm in the john? Thanks.” The man deposited the leash handle into Captain's left hand and opened the men's room door. He was about to enter when he took a closer look at Captain.
“Hey!” the capped man said, pointing, “You're Captain Gundam, aren't you? Wow, what an honor. Hey, I like your new look. It's got…It's got… Well, it's got something good, I'll tell ya!”
The man hurried into the restroom without another word. Captain looked at the canine that had been foisted onto him. Mel bounded around, looking this way and that, trying to get a decent smell of the place.
It was only a minute later that a skinny man in a straw hat and sunglasses came by, being semi-pulled along by another great dane. He had a cane that he kept poking at everything.
“Say, is there a men's room nearby?” the straw hat man asked the mailbox next to Bakunetsumaru.
Bakunetsumaru pointed.
“C'mon, don't be shy, tell me now!” The man said, his head bouncing every which way.
“To your left.” Captain answered.
“Thanks!” The straw hat quickly put his leash handle into Captain's right hand. “Watch Brook while I'm busy, will ya?”
The straw hat bumped into the wall adjacent to the restroom door, then entered. A few minutes later, the capped man came out.
“Thanks again, pal.” He said, taking the leash out of Captain's right hand. It was only until he had vanished around the corner did Captain realize something was amiss.
“Wait, sir!” Captain called out, “You have the wrong dog!”
Meanwhile, the capped man found himself incapable of jaywalking.
“C'mon, Mel…” Capped man grunted, trying in vain to pull the dane off the sidewalk. “It's perfectly clear…what's wrong with you?!”
Back at the public restroom, the straw hat came out, took the leash out of Captain's left hand- and was then gone, dragged away by his over-eager charge.
Shute came out, wiping his hands dry. “Sorry I took so long. Anything happen?”