SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Lights, Camera, Zako! ❯ Trials of the Sitter 2 ( Chapter 24 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When Genkimaru came to him with a request, Cobramaru was more than willing to accept it. Now that peace was in Ark, there wasn't much need for warriors. In short, he was going mad from boredom.
However, upon discovering that his so-called `mission' was to safeguard an infantile human, he realized that he had been in haste.
And so, after enduring what felt like a two hour lecture on childcare in the space of ten minutes, he had been left alone with the baby called, `Nana'.
At first, it wasn't so bad. While keeping watch from the corner of his eye, Cobramaru took a moment to gain a better understanding of his surroundings. He watched some television(Nothing but coverage on the premier…), sampled some Neotopian reading(Something called, `Motercycle Maintenance and the Art of Zen'…) and just relaxed, while keeping his guard up at all times.
Then Nana started crying.
“Why? Why won't you stop!?” Cobramaru demanded frantically, holding Nana in his arms. With one arm on Nana, he reached for a variety of baby care goods.
A jar of baby food. “Are you hungry?”
“Waaaaaah!”
A bottle of juice. “Thirsty?”
“Waaaaah!”
A rattle. “Bored!?”
“Waaaaah!”
“What!? What's wrong!?” Cobramaru was at the end of his rope by now. “What could make you cry so much!?”
Then he noticed something in the air. “And what's that horrible smell!?”