SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Abyss ❯ Mary Windbaker ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whew, this was one heck of a week. I've been soooooooooooooo *gasps for air* oooooooo busy that I haven't been able to update any of my fics. But now it is finally Friday and I have all the time in the world. ^^
 
Baku: Not really, you're going to see that new movie at 7:20 with your friends, remember? >_>
 
Me: Oh yeah, nearly forgot. -.-0 Yup, I'm going to see '10,000 B.C.' with by bestest school friends later. :)
 
GunEagle: *leans over* Then shouldn't you start typing and stop talking??? 7_7
 
Me: Uhh, yup…. -______-0
 
DISCLAIMER: Here, I'll make this super short and simple. I own every one and every thing (except the White Star Line) in this fic. But any mentioned original characters belong to Bandai. ^_^
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
Memories of the Abyss
Chp.9: Mary Windbaker
 
Back to the present on the `Knox'…
 
“I swear I was going to pass out when he said that.” Chaos finished.
 
Professor Joyce shook her head with disgust. “Wow, Zephyr had a huge problem on his hands. There were quite a few gundams traveling on the `Titanica' and he had to find that one -”
 
Suddenly, the door burst open and a familiar figure jumped into the room, holding his beam rifle in the air. GunEagle scanned the room with his green eyes to asses the `situation'. He pointed the gun and Professor Hill and looked at him with a menacing glare in his eyes.
 
“You criminals!” he screamed, “I can't believe that you'd have the balls to kidnap my friends!!!!”
 
Hill was appalled by his comment. “I beg your pardon?! They're here to help us research a ship wreck and you have no right to barge in like a drunken man at a tea party and threaten me!”
 
“What did you say you life less loser?!”
 
Chaos threw a book at GunEagle's head, “Would you shut up so I can continue with my story you idiot?!”
 
“Wait, you guys weren't kidnapped?” the young gundam squeaked as he lowered his gun.
 
Zero looked at him crossly as he folded his arms. “No! Now would be so kind as to take a seat and let the young lady finish her story?”
 
He sweat dropped and slumped into a seat next to Captain, his face tinged red with embarrassment. Chaos took in a deep breath and rested her head in her hand.
 
“Okay, so I felt sick when Zephyr told me that and I was beginning to think that I should gather up Ben and Tommy and sit at another table…”
 
Back on the `Titanica'
 
Chaos froze in her place- physically she wanted to sit down, but her conscious wouldn't let her. Zephyr shook her shoulder a bit to pull the gundamess out of her trance.
 
“Chaos, Chaos, are you okay?” He questioned.
 
She shook her head and nodded at him. “Yeah, I'm just a little bit tired,” he pulled out her chair for her and gently sat down, “Thanks Zephyr, you're a real gentle man aren't you?”
 
“Of course he is, and he must be if he wants to keep his job.”
 
At the other side of the table and about a few seats down sat a man. His hair was about as black as his suit and it was slicked back, not a hair out of place. And there was absolutely no sign of facial hair on his face what so ever. He was neat, clean cut, and probably the richest man on the ship. Actually, he owned the ship. He was Richard Blackwell.
 
He smiled at the pair mischievously. “Zephyr is a representative of the White Star Line and I wouldn't expect nor allow bad behavior from him. Isn't that right Zephyr?”
 
Zephyr sat down next to Chaos and glared at the table with a defeated look on his face. “Ye-yes sir.”
 
Before anything else could be said or done, Richard taped a fork on his wine glass to capture his table mate's attention. “Everyone, I have an announcement to make. I am taking this history making voyage with my new fiancée, Mary Windbaker,” he motioned to a younger woman who sat on his right, “We are to be wed next week at Neotopia's finest church.”
 
Everyone clapped and congratulated him; it seemed to be a happy moment. But Chaos looked closer at Mary. She was awfully young and could still be considered a girl, but she was beautiful. Her hair was a strawberry-blonde color and it was neatly wrapped up in a bun. Her eyes her deep green, big, and… Sad, she looked sad. She didn't make eye contact with any one; she just stared at the white table cloth like Zephyr had done when Richard had addressed him earlier. Was this a coincidence, or was something up?
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
The dinner was the same as it usually was. Every one boasting about their fine race horses, yachts, and automobiles. Cloretta cracked a few jokes to `freshen' things up, Ben and Tommy happily explained the different tasks they had to do to help build the ship. Richard credited them for their fine, hard work on making `the unsinkable' ship a reality. Chaos told a few amusing storied on how she was almost late to work and locked out of the ship yard. It was great and it seemed as if everyone was finally starting to respect her. The woman who had made the harsh comments to her the night before apologized, and hoped that she would excuse her for she had had `a bit too much champagne'.
 
When dessert was done, the men left the table and moseyed over to the smoking room. Many of the women, including Cloretta, had left to go to their staterooms for the night, but Ben, Tommy, and Chaos had other plans. They began making their way out of the dinning room when Chaos suddenly stopped.
 
“You guys go ahead,” she said as she shooed them off, “I'll be there in a sec.” She walked back up to Zephyr, who was making his way back to the bridge, and taped him on the shoulder.
 
He spun around and `smiled' softly as his gaze met hers. “Oh, I'm sorry but did you want me to escort you back to your room?”
 
She shook her head. “No, I was just wondering if you want to join me and my friends to a party. It'll be a lot of fun and it won't be very long either.”
 
Zephyr hesitated for a little bit, shuffling his feet in the process. “I don't know, I really should meet back up with Captain MacKay. But I guess a half hour off wouldn't hurt.”
 
“Great! You'll have fun, I pro-” Chaos noticed Mary being escorted by the gundam that sat across from her at dinner, “Hey, who's that guy?”
 
Zephyr followed her gaze to the other gundam. “Oh, that's Hex Briggins. He's Richard's body guard and a discharged soldier from the King's army.”
 
“Why was he discharged?”
 
Zephyr swallowed hard and looked upset. “He killed his commanding officer with his bare hands…”
 
Hex temporarily left Mary alone in the middle of the dinning room to fetch her purse that she had left at the table. Chaos drew in a deep breath of air and ran over to the young lady.
 
“Hey Mary!” Mary turned around and gave Chaos a weak smile, “Hey Mary, do you want to come down below deck with Zephyr and me?”
 
Mary's smile turned into a frown and she twiddled her fingers. “I-I can't. Richard will not be happy with me and he would have to send Hex to out looking for me. I would be disobeying him.”
 
“Don't worry, we'll have you back in a half an hour, no later. And besides, you need to have some fun. Please Mary, just for a little bit.” Chaos begged. She wanted to be friends with this girl and she didn't like to see her sad, and a third class party will put a smile on any one's face.
 
Mary thought for a bit, but then suddenly smiled. “Sure, what harm could it do?”
 
Chaos pumped her arms. “Great, this is going to be so much fun!” She grabbed Mary's wrist and ran off with Zephyr following them.
 
Hex returned to the spot where Mary was supposed to be standing with her purse in his hand. He feverously looked around the area, but to no avail. He squeezed the purse and frowned deeply behind his mouth piece as he left the room and headed towards the smoking room.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
Uh oh, what happens next? Ha, I'm evil aren't I? Yet again Zero101 leaves her readers at another cliff hanger! ^-^
 
Everyone: *pulls out pitch forks and torches*
 
Umm, so it's not that great, te he. ^^; So how was this chapter, not too boring I hope. =_=0 But please leave a review and if you have any ideas or suggestions please leave them because they are oh so helpful! But don't be mean please, I'm fragile! ;__; Just in case if y'all haven't heard the news yet, season 2 of `SDGF' is coming out on DVD!!! XD Yup, I already preordered my copy (it comes as a set, so we don't have to by each one individually!!! Yay!!! XD) But yeah, just to let all of you know. Toodles!
 
T, T, F, N, ta ta for now! ^_~