SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Mr. SD Gundam Force ❯ What a Dive ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

(Open to a large swimming pool. There are several lounge chairs (the kind you see around club pools) stationed around it. There is a high dive. In the background, Sunrise audio only plays. The audience is relaxing at various points, usually in the chairs. In the chairs closest to the pool's edge are the judges, Cy, and the girls, all wearing beach attire. Cut to Red Mic Zako, standing in with his back to the pool.)
 
Red Mic Zako: Ladies and gentlebots, welcome to event two of Mr. SD Gundam Force!
 
(The audience cheers. Cut to Cy and the girls. They are wearing swimsuits.)
 
Cy: Ahh, this feels fine.
 
(Cut back to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: Event two is a diving competition, zako. Each competitor will take a turn diving from the high-dive, and how they perform will effect the final score. Now, let's see are favorite guys, zako!
 
(Cut to the entrance of the men's locker room. Each of the guys come out, each of them wearing speedos. The Musha Gundams and Zero are without armor, and Captain is in Mobile Citizen mode. The audience goes crazy.)
 
Various Audience 1: Woo-hoo!
 
Various Audience 2: Hot stuff!
 
(Shute looks really embarrassed.)
 
Shute: Can I go first? I wanna get out of this rubber band before someone I know sees me.
 
Captain: Shute, this show is being viewed by millions of viewers. There is a 98.43% chance that someone you know is indeed watching. In fact, you told everyone you know that you are appearing in this contest.
 
Shute: That was before I found out what that lunatic had in mind!
 
(Cut to Cy and the girls. Cy, with his sunglasses on, seems dead to the world, and for good reason. He's wearing headphones!)
 
Cy: Zzz…
 
Music from Headphones: Puff the magic dragon, lived by the sea…
 
(Cut back to the guys.)
 
Zapper: Quick, let's get him while he's asleep!
 
Grappler: Not now, there too many witnesses.
 
Red Mic: Diving first will be our very own Lord Zapper Zaku! Yay!
 
Zapper: Huh?! Me?!
 
(Before Zapper knows what's going on, he's being escorted to the high dive ladder by two Zako Soldiers. The Zakos run away, leaving him a little confused. He looks up the ladder, than back at the guys. Cut to the guys, who are making `get moving' gestures. Cut back to Zapper, who, after a minute of consideration, decides to climb the ladder. Cut to the top. Zapper makes it up and walks toward the edge of the board. When he gets there, he peers down, then backs away, getting a brief case of vertigo.)
 
Zapper: Gah! That's a long way down…
 
(After a moment of looking back at the ladder(Should he chicken out?) Zapper decides, `What the heck?' and leaps off. The camera follows as he tumbles his way down, spinning and waving his arms in a desperate attempt to look like he knows what he's doing. Eventually he lands in the water head first, but doesn't come up(He's made off metal. What, you expect him to float?). After a moment, the speedo he was wearing floats up, but Zapper-less. Pan to a ladder in the pool, where Zapper hoists himself out of the water.)
 
Zapper(More than a little waterlogged): Uh…Ta-da!
 
(There is polite applause. Cut to the judges.)
 
Sayla: Terrible form, but he had the right idea at least.
 
(Cut back to the guys, who watch Zapper stumble away.)
 
Red Mic: Diving next, zako, Captain Gundam!
 
(Captain's eyes begin shifting, as if asking, `Who, me?' Dutifully, Captain marches toward the high dive and begins the ascent up the ladder. At the top, Captain takes no hesitation and jumps off the end of the board. Using his boosters, he does an impressive three flips before landing head-first in the water, in what could be a more graceful version of Zapper's plunge. There is applause. Captain pulls himself out of the water and walks over to the guys.)
 
Grappler: Show-off.
 
Red Mic: Up next, Lord Grappler Gouf!
 
Grappler: Huh!?
 
(Grappler, a little unprepared for this, is unceremoniously pushed toward the high-dive ladder. After climbing it to the top, he takes a moment to look down. Grappler recoils from the dizzying sight. He goes to dive from the board's edge, taking the traditional position, but decides against it. Grappler turns around, and does a back flip off the board. It looks good, and the crowd agrees. However, instead of landing head-first as he planned, Grappler hits the water face-first. Instead of going under immediately(As the laws of physics would dictate) he slams into the water like it was pavement, then slowly sinks down.)
 
Audience: Oooooh…
 
(After a few minutes, Grappler pulls himself out of the water, looking a little sore, in many respects of the word.)
 
Grappler: Ow…
 
(He limps over to a bench and sits down, tearing off his speedo. Cut back to the guys.)
 
Red Mic: Next up, Bakunetsumaru!
 
(Baku' quickly bounds his way toward the ladder and begins to scale it. Halfway up, he looks down. Cut to Baku's POV. It looks like the earth is hundreds of miles below. Cut back to normal POV. Baku's shakes himself and continues climbing. At the top, Baku's begins to walk toward the end of the board, then stops. Thinking for a bit, he turns around. After a moment, he starts flipping backwards until he flips off the board's end! As the camera follows his descent, he's still flipping, increasing speed to the point where he's become a red and white blur. Still spinning, he hits the pool, sending water EVERYWHERE. There are some shrieks as drops of water hit the crowd. Cut to Cy, still sleeping. A drop of water hits his forehead, but he absentmindedly wipes it off, still sleeping.
 
Cy: Mmm. Zzzzz….
 
(Baku climbs out of the pool, and dizzily wobbles toward the guys, before falling flat on his face. Two Zako Soldiers come and drag him away. Cut to the guys.)
 
Red Mic: Next up, Lord Kibaomaru!
 
(By the time Red Mic finished saying his name, Kibaomaru was already about to climb the high dive's ladder. Cut to the top. Kibaomaru unfolds his decorative wings(Those things on his back) and walks toward the end of the board. At the end, he does a simple dive and goes into the water flawlessly. No fancy tricks, and no foul-ups. There is applause, and cut to the judges' table.)
 
Rain: Nice. Simple and clean.
 
(Cut to the contestants.)
 
Red Mic: Diving next…(Looks at a card)…Zero!
 
(Zero, with his eyes closed in a `if I must' sort of way, floats toward the ladder, and flies up. Cut to the girls.)
 
Princess Rele: Do your best, Zero!
 
Sayla: Good luck! (Giggles)
 
(Cut back to Zero, who is now smirking. Suddenly this event isn't so pointless after all. Cut to the top. Zero lands and walks to the end of the board. Grinning broadly, Zero leaps off the board in a dive. But instead of going straight down, Zero begins to spin- and spiral down, occasionally doing a loop-de-loop. Cu to the Grappler.)
 
Grappler: That ham's using his flying power to show-off! Cheater.
 
(Cut back to Zero. He eventually touches the surface of the water, but not headfirst, but lands-quite literally- on his toe, before gradually, and gracefully, sinking into the water. There is applause. Cu to the judges' table.)
 
Relena: That was very clever, but…if he doesn't go in head-first, it's not a dive, isn't it?
 
(Cut to Zero, who while climbing out of the water, facefaults. Cut to the guys, whom several are laughing at Zero.)
 
Red Mic: Next up, zako, Chief Haro!
 
(Chief Haro strides up to the ladder and climbs. Cut to the top, he executes a flawless swan dive with a half gainer. Looks good, but when he hits the water, he doesn't go in as flawlessly. His mask acts as a buoy, causing him to comically bob in the water, before his body flips over and hits the water with a splash. The audience laughs. Cut to the judge's table.)
 
Sayla: Well, he botched that one.
 
(Cut to the pool edge. Haro pulls himself out of the water and leaves the scene with as much dignity as he has left. Cut to the guys.)
 
Red Mic: Next up, Cobramaru!
 
(There is a blur that knocks over Red Mic. That blur turns out to be Cobramaru, who is bound and determined to get this nonsense over with. Cut to the top. Cobramaru dives off effortlessly, and hits the water with the speed of a brick dropping. There is a smattering amount of applause as Cobramaru pulls himself out of the water. Cu to the judges' table.)
 
Rain: What happened? I blinked and missed it.
 
(Cut to the guys. Cobramaru walks by, with a towel over his shoulders.)
 
Red Mic: Now, zako, Shute!
 
(There is a HUGE amount of applause, and Shute nervously makes his way to the ladder. Cut to the top. Shute cautiously peers back down. Cut to his POV. It looks like he's so high up that the entire planet is visible!(It's like he's in space, it is!) Cut back to normal POV. Shute gulps, shakes his head, and makes his way to the end of the board.)
 
Shute(Like a mantra): It's not so high, it's not so high, it's not so high…
 
(Shute, more than a little scared of the heights, does a rather shaky dive off the board. It looks good, but as he goes down, his body eventually levels, so the dive now resembles a belly flop. He hits the water stomach-first with rather painful looking wham!)
 
Audience: Ooooh…
 
(Shute slowly floats back up.)
 
Shute(In great pain): Ow.
 
(Cut to the girls and Cy, who, by the way, is STILL SLEEPING. They look distraught at Shute's misfortune.)
 
Princess Rele: Oh my!
 
Sayla: Shute!
 
(They are about to rush to his aid when a blue blur(NOT Sonic the Hedgehog) zips past them. Cut to Shute, halfway out of the pool. As it turns out, the blur was Keiko, Shute's mom.)
 
Keiko: Shute! Oh, my poor baby, are you alright?!
 
Shute: Just…peachy, ma. I think I've gone numb somewhere. Hurts to move, though…
 
Keiko: You poor thing… Here, let me get you a chair.
 
(Keiko pulls Shute out of the water, and practically drags him to a chair. Cut to the guys. Captain, concerned for his friend, walks over to him as do Zero and Baku'.)
 
Red Mic: …Next up, Lord Destroyer Dom!
 
(A single person claps. Destroyer, looking pretty eager for himself, speeds toward the ladder.)
 
Destroyer: I'm gonna make a splash! Ha ha!
 
(Destroyer begins to scale the ladder(Which makes an ominous `crrreeeaaak' as he does so). Meanwhile, Genkimaru, wearing flippers in place of his sandles, holding a surfboard over his head, walks over to the pool. Cut to Cobramaru and Grappler.)
 
Grappler: Hey, what's he up to?
 
(Cut back to the pool. Genki' tosses the surfboard into the water and begins to paddle out. Cut to an upward shot of the high dive, which is starting to tilt precariously under the strain of Destroyer's weight. Cut to Princess Rele, Sayla, and Cy, who is STILL SLEEPING.)
 
Sayla: Is it supposed to be doing that?
 
Princess Rele: I think we should get further back.
 
(The girls promptly run, leaving Cy, who is still sawing logs. Cut to the top of the high dive. Destroyer promptly jumps off, not even trying to dive. At the speed he builds up, Destroyer slowly resembles a satalite falling through the earth's atmosphere. He hits the water, causing a HUGE splash, sending a wall of water in all directions. Cut to Genkimaru, surfing on the wave with his board, having the time of his life.)
 
Genkimaru: Woo-hoo-hoo!
 
(Cut to Cy, who is just now coming out of his near-coma. He slowly lowers his shades- just in time to see the incoming tsunami. His eyes widen ever-so-slightly.)
 
Cy: Guh.
 
(The scene is obscured by gallons and gallons of crashing water. When the water washes away, Cy is now flat on the ground, his lounger gone.)
 
Cy(Looking and feeling shipwrecked): Did someone get the name of that moonsoon…?
 
(Genkimaru suddenly lands on Cy's stomach, missing a flipper.)
 
Genkimaru(Laughing): Again!
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“You know, it would've been nice if someone warned me about the typhoon,” Cy said.
Cy, along with the Shute's family and Captain Gundam, were at a smaller pool than the one where the show took place, just sunning or playing in the water.
“I'm sorry,” Keiko said, wearing a blue swimsuit, “But in all the confusion, we forgot all about you!”
“Oh, that's nice,” Grumbled Cy, “Forgot all about me…”
“All worked out in the end, right?” Mark asked, wearing what appeared to be tie-die swim trunks, “From what I hear, that Destroyer guy emptied the entire pool and no-one got hurt.”
“Sez you,” muttered Cy, muttered the part of him what hit the pavement.
“Hey, Cy!” Shute yelled, passing a beach ball to Captain, now wearing more modest red trunks, “Weren't we supposed to do something else? For the contest, I mean.”
“Well,” Cy paused, stretching(that part STILL hurt), “We were gonna have you guys do some exhibition wrestling, Kinnikuman-style. Mock wrestling, I mean.”
“What happened?” Captain asked, confused. What was Kinnikuman…?
“See, here's what we did,” Cy began, getting into explaining mode, “We built the ring on the beach, sort of a seaside deathmatch, that sort of thing.”
“Deathmatch?!” Keiko asked, sounding alarmed.
“Just a figure of speech, ma'am.” Cy assured, “anyway, we put the ring on beach at low tide.”
“And?” Captain asked.
“It's high tide.” Cy answered bluntly.
“So?” Shute didn't understand.
“So,” Cy said, “By the time it's low tide again, the ring will be…”
“Gone the way of Robinson Crueso.” A voice finished. It turned out to be Lakitu, Cy's cloud-riding turtle and right-hand stooge. A straighter man you'll never meet.
“What's the damage, Lakitu?” Cy asked, preparing himself for the worst.
“Well, chief,” Lakitu said, “We could've slapped another ring together for tomorrow, but we had to use the rest of our construction budget cleaning up Destroyer's mess.”
“Darn,” Cy snapped his fingers, “There goes the wrestling. Is there any good news? Anything? Please, I'm desperate.”
“Well, the karaoke machine you ordered came in,” Lakitu replied, checking his notes.
“That's it!” Cy yelled, jumping up, “Call the camera crew, contestants, mass media, and meet us at the bar! We're gonna have singing!”
Shute and Captain exchanged looks.
“Uh, oh!” Shute gulped.