SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Time ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Upon a Time

Once upon a time, there was a magical kingdom.
In that kingdom lived a beautiful young princess. Many suitors- lords, princes, and kings- sought the fair lady’s affection, but none succeeded, for her heart already belonged to another…

The garden was beautiful in the moonlight.
It was a cool and clear night. The sky was like a navy blue tapestry, stretching across the horizon and studded with a million diamond-like stars. The moon shone down with a pure, bright light, casting everything in an ethereal silver glow. The rich purple petals of the roses sparkled, as did the white cobblestone paths and the water in the fountain.
Princess Relehimana Miya de Lacroa strolled down the path, humming faintly to herself. She loved these moonlit nights. She loved the silky feeling of the rose petals on her skin as she stroked the violet blooms. She loved the tranquility of the garden.
But then a sound reached her ears- one that made her cease her soft song, one that made her stop in her tracks and smile: a faint, light hum.
She turned around and lifted her head.
Zero was flying towards her, and she could not imagine a more beautiful sight.
He landed gracefully on the balcony, the moonlight glinting off of his armor and scarlet cape. Upon seeing his Princess, the Winged Knight went down on one knee.
“Milady,” he said softly.
She crossed the garden, and, taking his hands, beckoned him to his feet, giving him a tender smile. “Zero,” she replied.
Aqua eyes met silver, and they held the gaze for a long, expressive moment.
Then he stepped forward and brought his arms up around her. She leaned her head against his chest. Their eyes closed, and they relaxed into the embrace. Neither of them said a word, and neither of them moved, lost in a world of their own.

And they lived happily ever after.